2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ok thanks.
was there any announcement that this the Matilda’s home ? Or that FV called it that ? 
Never knew it’s the NT’s hq. 

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Brenton1986 - 25 Jun 2024 4:32 PM
LFC. - 25 Jun 2024 3:05 PM

hosted Liberty A League Women's games during this past season involving Melbourne Victory also had hosted Oakleigh Cannons last qualifying tie against Avondale FC last Tuesday there is the headquarters of Football Victoria these days.

Jack Edwards reserve is udnergoing major upgrades and three sides are closed to the public PLUS the light towers arent currently working... Bundoora is the logical choice although capacity is even smaller than Jack Edwards.... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 25 Jun 2024 9:56 PM
Ok thanks.
was there any announcement that this the Matilda’s home ? Or that FV called it that ? 
Never knew it’s the NT’s hq. 

Yeah mate, its the "Home of the Matilda's" but the Matilda's dont spend any time there... hahahahahahahah Not even during the Womens Wold Cup in Australia ...... must be the AFL's fault eh? lol
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

bloody gayfl State, you guys do my head in lol.......
HTF WTF appoves that one wonders ? the FA ? or FV asks the FA approving the use of the NT/Matlidas trademark.
Whatever the case its laughable and typical we unique haha

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 26 Jun 2024 10:59 AM
bloody gayfl State, you guys do my head in lol.......
HTF WTF appoves that one wonders ? the FA ? or FV asks the FA approving the use of the NT/Matlidas trademark.
Whatever the case its laughable and typical we unique haha

Its rubbing off on Sydney too mate.... you may have to go live in another country soon :)

https://www.facebook.com/FootballAUS/videos/football-australia-march-in-mardi-gras-for-the-first-time-ever/328657002621626/

Edited
3 Months Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Surely oakleigh can play somewhere else in the South East? Well many of their fans make the trek to bundoora? 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 26 Jun 2024 12:47 PM
Surely oakleigh can play somewhere else in the South East? Well many of their fans make the trek to bundoora? 

hahaha Isnt that cute, you think Oakleigh has fans? hahahahahahaah  I reackon as many Oakleigh fans will trek to the northern suburbs on w school night as will come out to Lakeside on a Sunday afternoon this weekend ..... 17  maybe 20 max :)
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Jun 2024 1:05 PM
Melbcityguy - 26 Jun 2024 12:47 PM

hahaha Isnt that cute, you think Oakleigh has fans? hahahahahahaah  I reackon as many Oakleigh fans will trek to the northern suburbs on w school night as will come out to Lakeside on a Sunday afternoon this weekend ..... 17  maybe 20 max :)

Can't really catch a break with you at the moment lol 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 26 Jun 2024 2:10 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Jun 2024 1:05 PM

Can't really catch a break with you at the moment lol 

Hahahah c'mon mate, dont be like that... Please dont take anything seriously. Its just a bit of banter. 

Choakleigh DONT have any fans (at least that travel), that bit is real.... HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Jun 2024 2:24 PM
Melbcityguy - 26 Jun 2024 2:10 PM

Hahahah c'mon mate, dont be like that... Please dont take anything seriously. Its just a bit of banter. 

Choakleigh DONT have any fans (at least that travel), that bit is real.... HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH

Lol all good I guess npl and a league have that in common stupid decisions. I would of gone to oakleigh vs Sydney if it was nearby. South vs Wellington will be a big night! 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 26 Jun 2024 2:34 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Jun 2024 2:24 PM

Lol all good I guess npl and a league have that in common stupid decisions. I would of gone to oakleigh vs Sydney if it was nearby. South vs Wellington will be a big night! 

There will be a fair few people there in Bundoora, but mainly to watch as neutrals... 

South v Wellington wont be as big as the previous rounds clash against Preston... I doubt any Wellington fans will travel for this one and most South fans Ive spoken too arent too plesed playing a foreign club and would have prefered Victory or CFG if not a decent interstate rival like  APIA or Brisbane City.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Jun 2024 3:07 PM
Melbcityguy - 26 Jun 2024 2:34 PM

There will be a fair few people there in Bundoora, but mainly to watch as neutrals... 

South v Wellington wont be as big as the previous rounds clash against Preston... I doubt any Wellington fans will travel for this one and most South fans Ive spoken too arent too plesed playing a foreign club and would have prefered Victory or CFG if not a decent interstate rival like  APIA or Brisbane City.

They might not jump on a plane, but there is a small group of Kiwi expats that live in Melbourne and support the Nix (https://www.facebook.com/WellingtonPhoenixMelbourne/).
Probably won't get huge numbers, but I reckon some will show up at Lakeside. Remember, these expats only get to see their team play live a handful of times each season, so any extra game is a bit of a bonus for them. 
Also, always the possibility of facing MV/MC later in the comp. You gotta get past the Nix first though, and that's not an easy task.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

someguyjc - 26 Jun 2024 3:20 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 26 Jun 2024 3:07 PM

They might not jump on a plane, but there is a small group of Kiwi expats that live in Melbourne and support the Nix (https://www.facebook.com/WellingtonPhoenixMelbourne/).
Probably won't get huge numbers, but I reckon some will show up at Lakeside. Remember, these expats only get to see their team play live a handful of times each season, so any extra game is a bit of a bonus for them. 
Also, always the possibility of facing MV/MC later in the comp. You gotta get past the Nix first though, and that's not an easy task.

Will be great to have Paddy Kisnorbo come home to Lakeside again :) hahahahahahahahah
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

I got some massive dirt for massive exclusive news that this year's Australia Cup decider won't be at Melbourne's AAMI Park already confirmed (due to Monster Jam which is happening on the same night - Saturday October 5th) even in event one of Victorian clubs qualify for the showpiece decider.

https://aamipark.com.au/event/monster-jam-melbourne-2024/

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Brenton1986 - 1 Jul 2024 12:09 AM
I got some massive dirt for massive exclusive news that this year's Australia Cup decider won't be at Melbourne's AAMI Park already confirmed (due to Monster Jam which is happening on the same night - Saturday October 5th) even in event one of Victorian clubs qualify for the showpiece decider.

That's shit. 
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 1 Jul 2024 7:24 AM

That's shit. 

It’s not Monster Jam always been held at AAMI Park since 2013 except for the two cancelled COVID years on first Saturday or second Saturday in October that’s why always check venue availability across ALM thru venue websites. 

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Say it with me now - Lakeside Park! Lakeside Park! Lakeside Park!
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Brenton1986 - 1 Jul 2024 7:59 AM
Melbcityguy - 1 Jul 2024 7:24 AM

It’s not Monster Jam always been held at AAMI Park since 2013 except for the two cancelled COVID years on first Saturday or second Saturday in October that’s why always check venue availability across ALM thru venue websites. 

I don't care about monster jam lol 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

NicCarBel - 1 Jul 2024 2:58 PM

Say it with me now - Lakeside Park! Lakeside Park! Lakeside Park!

Lakeside STADIUM thank you very much :P hehehehe

I suppose its a decent option if it is two Aleague clubs in the final.. If its a Victorian NPL club in the final they may have to book the MCG though :)
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Jul 2024 10:46 AM
NicCarBel - 1 Jul 2024 2:58 PM

Lakeside STADIUM thank you very much :P hehehehe

I suppose its a decent option if it is two Aleague clubs in the final.. If its a Victorian NPL club in the final they may have to book the MCG though :)

I think I got mixed up with the racetrack in Queensland hahahaha
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

NicCarBel - 2 Jul 2024 10:53 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Jul 2024 10:46 AM

I think I got mixed up with the racetrack in Queensland hahahaha

Sadly, not many Monaros or Chargers at either of them these days :(
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

It's time for everyone's favorite competition the Australia cup. No other league displays the npl vs the a league like the Australia cup. 

Tonight and tomorrow we have playoff matches to get into the Rd of 32 
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class

confirmed Australia Cup round of 32 main broadcast fixtures on 10Play as follows,

Tuesday July 30th: Oakleigh Cannons v Sydney FC
Wednesday July 31st: Blacktown City v Adelaide United
Tuesday August 6th: Lambton Jaffas v Melbourne Victory
Wednesday August 7th: Heidelberg United v Central Coast Mariners

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Western should be to good for the bare bones jets tonight but I'm thinking a win would good for the Jets new ownership 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Melbcityguy - 24 Jul 2024 2:37 PM
Western should be to good for the bare bones jets tonight but I'm thinking a win would good for the Jets new ownership 

Well I was wrong lucky nobody gives a fook 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

True MCG, was expecting some posts from WU and Jets supporters.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 25 Jul 2024 8:29 AM

Hahahahahahahaha ... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Brenton1986 - 23 Jul 2024 4:53 PM
confirmed Australia Cup round of 32 main broadcast fixtures on 10Play as follows,

Tuesday July 30th: Oakleigh Cannons v Sydney FC
Wednesday July 31st: Blacktown City v Adelaide United
Tuesday August 6th: Lambton Jaffas v Melbourne Victory
Wednesday August 7th: Heidelberg United v Central Coast Mariners

I hope Hakoa takes Oakleigh to extra time and penalties on Tuesday night... we are playing them in the Dockerty Cup final 4 days later..
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

LFC. - 25 Jul 2024 8:29 AM

I want you blokes to keep this thread going when the npl teams start.
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

How many games does Aloisi have before he's out of rope? 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search