2024 Australia Cup schedule – Far North Queensland & Gulf,
Round 1: Friday February 2nd/Saturday February 3rd/Sunday February 4th
Round 2: Friday February 9th/Saturday February 10th/Sunday February 11th
Round 3: Friday February 16th/Saturday February 17th/Sunday February 18th
Round 4: Friday April 5th/Saturday April 6th/Sunday April 7th
Round 5: Friday April 26th/Saturday April 27th/Sunday April 28th
Round 6: Friday May 17th/Saturday May 18th/Sunday May 19th
Round 7: Friday June 14th/Saturday June 15th/Sunday June 16th

https://footballqueensland.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2024-Season-Calendar-FNG-Far-North.jpg
By southoftheyarra - 27 Sep 2024 10:13 PM

Midfielder - 27 Sep 2024 7:19 PM
southoftheyarra - 27 Sep 2024 3:10 PM

Yep

IMO you need strong financial systems in place to ensure you can get a higher quality of players.... and in the eyes of the broader mainstream its a solid and reliable competition... 

Changing the system, sounds the right way to go...my personal thoughts are Football would struggle to gain respect of the broader public and the Euro snobs would feel its befilth them to even talk about....

I often refer to the MLS and look at what and how they have achieved what they have from a starting point well well well behind where the A-L started and the NSL for that matter... they believe they need to build a fan base and so far they have and they receive less than 10% of their revenue from broadcast mostly from crowds, sponsors and merchandise sales. 

The A_l needs to build its crowds IMO to an average of 15K, with say Div 2 teams an average of around 5K.... then we have a foundation to build P & R... put in a plan to get there with measurable KPI's.... 

I believe if you told the good folk of SM, and similar clubs, you guys average 5 to 6K per game over a season with you guys helping the A-L get to 15K per season and we have the base to move to P & R... those Div 2 clubs would help build the A-L as it would be in their interest... 

IMO the secret is putting in place a model where its in everybody's interest for everyone to grow and get better..

The NPL is getting stale and unfortunately become more of a 'development' league so I don't see crowds averaging 5k (playing in winter = hell), yes Preston is one of the few bright spots but if they become npl stalwarts and encounter any period of mediocrity or massive slump (e.g. Late 10's South) unfortunately I don't think B.T. Connor Reserve will be as pumping as it is now (Same thing happened with South). NPL fans who don't go to / follow A League games are not going to start going any time soon, you wouldn't ask a Plymouth Argyle fan to start going to City games so save their crowds for the good of the league. Eurosnobs are not interested in going to A-League games because the quality is not good (e.g. MacArthur. respect to the 6 people who watch that team week in and out) / entertaining, they don't see it as a proper league anyway (No pro rel). They also sometimes have a far better connection to 'euro' teams as there grandparents form wherever in Europe (not just wogs) follow(ed) a team. 

P.S. Calling ANY MacArthur fans to write ANYTHING regarding the cup.