2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
[quote]
tsf - 29 Aug 2024 11:15 AM
saw some of the perth game. My god they looked bad 

The weird thing is the Glory looked better than they have in ages for their matches against the other A-League teams (Brisbane & Melbourne City).
And for the first 10 minutes of last night's game, it looked like things were going to go as you'd expect.

And then (even before the red card), it went pear-shaped for the Glory and I'm not really sure how.

Full credit to Morton City - beating an A-League side is an achievement, and coming back from 2 goals down is doubly so!

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

petszk - 29 Aug 2024 12:39 PM
[quote]
tsf - 29 Aug 2024 11:15 AM

Full credit to Morton City - beating an A-League side is an achievement, and coming back from 2 goals down is doubly so!

Yep that is an amazing feat tbh...you'd think it would end 5-0 from there 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Hopefully Oakleigh knock Macarthur off. My understanding is that will guarantee a non A-League side in the final?
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur
Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)

NicCarBel - 29 Aug 2024 5:03 PM
Hopefully Oakleigh knock Macarthur off. My understanding is that will guarantee a non A-League side in the final?

Correct

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

And another NPL Victoria only game.

BTW i think NWS Spirit was thd club Arnold and Slater started. They were promoted from NSW NPL2 to NPL1 in 2023.
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)

Paul01 - 30 Aug 2024 9:49 AM

And another NPL Victoria only game.

BTW i think NWS Spirit was thd club Arnold and Slater started. They were promoted from NSW NPL2 to NPL1 in 2023.

North West Sydney Spirit FC is an Australian soccer club. It was the successor of the defunct Northern Spirit FC, a professional soccer club based in North Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales. Northern Spirit entered the National Soccer League in the 1998–99 season.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

yes and yes :)

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Beretta - 30 Aug 2024 9:58 AM
Paul01 - 30 Aug 2024 9:49 AM

North West Sydney Spirit FC is an Australian soccer club. It was the successor of the defunct Northern Spirit FC, a professional soccer club based in North Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales. Northern Spirit entered the National Soccer League in the 1998–99 season.
yes a very sad demise of Spirit back then and up a creek without a paddle TBH.
Had some huge nights going to their games with my Dad, pop into Percys Pub across the road for pre game feed and beverages, it was the perfect setting TBH despite the ol Bears Oval and cricket pitch.
One of my fellow playing mates was one of the sponsers, Snap Couriers, we'd have Thompson Stand viewing, I had such high hopes this would gain success but not to be.
The Rangers take over was a shambles by the 4th year.
Then Gellonisi who I got to know playing golf, tried to keep it alive moving them down to the beachs but he couldn't keep funding it........

It was the bad times coming for our game.

Both Spirit and Soccer Australia were imploding – insolvent, racked by infighting and board instability. The club again went close to going under during the off-season, but was saved by the investment of Antonio Gelonesi, who bought a stake in the club.

The club had fallen months behind with player payments, but took their place for the final season of the NSL. North Sydney Oval was gone, and even Brookvale Oval too expensive, the club playing at the no-frills Pittwater Rugby Park.

It was known the NSL would be no more after that season, clubs and players looking for opportunities in the new league. Rangers, unwilling to put any more money in, liquidated the company that controlled the club and Gelonesi transferred the license to become sole owner.

In the early 2000s, FNSW required that clubs could only play in youth league if they had senior teams. At that time GHFA had a very good relationship with NSL team Northern Spirit and a partnership was formed where GHFA fielded their junior teams as Northern Spirit.

In 2004 Northern Spirit disbanded, and GHFA decided to form senior teams under the name of Gladesville Spirit to enter into the FNSW State League. Nepean Association agreed to sell their position in State League to Gladesville Spirit. Tony Walmsley (who later went on to coach Central Coast Mariners) was appointed as first senior coach and coaching director.

A few years later the club’s name was changed to GHFA Spirit Football Club to more accurately reflect the club as the representative arm of the GHFA and its clubs.

GHFA Spirit has had many players over the years go through to higher levels of football, some of those players played all of their football in the GHFA Spirit system and others played for a few years then went on to other clubs eg Alex Wilkinson played right through from Under 11s to Under 17s then going directly to Northern Spirit. Some of those still playing who played some time with us are – Erik Paartalu, Bruce Djite, Sebastian Ryall, Aaron Mooy, all of whom played youth league with us, and Nick Fitzgerald played Metropolitan League before moving on to youth league elsewhere.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2011/04/19/northern-spirits-story-of-failure-in-the-ashes-of-the-nsl/

Thanks - this brought back alot of great times and not so great :):(

Love Football

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Can anyone give us a run down on whats happening at Hume? Those ring in supporters are a joke, have they been infiltrated by Horda? They spent most of lsst nights semi trying to instigate trouble, a whole bunch of them werent even watching the game and were literally just looking at the South supporters, even the Turkish flag was pointed towards the grandstand. Some tried to run to the other side of the stand but were cut off by security. This is very concerning with the cup tie in a few weeks.

Its just so odd i was at the Hume v South game a couple months ago at Humes ground and the ground was empty, crowd of around 200 and it was all South.
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur
Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)Amateur (705 reputation)

southmelb - 31 Aug 2024 1:12 AM
Can anyone give us a run down on whats happening at Hume? Those ring in supporters are a joke, have they been infiltrated by Horda? They spent most of lsst nights semi trying to instigate trouble, a whole bunch of them werent even watching the game and were literally just looking at the South supporters, even the Turkish flag was pointed towards the grandstand. Some tried to run to the other side of the stand but were cut off by security. This is very concerning with the cup tie in a few weeks.

Its just so odd i was at the Hume v South game a couple months ago at Humes ground and the ground was empty, crowd of around 200 and it was all South.

Horda (appatently), but Hume have had a relatively consistent active support the last couple of years that mostly turns up for big games. Add to that that South are flying, and the A-League is kicking off soon there's a little more energy around their active I reckon...

Their club probably needs to step in before anything violent happens... I saw tweets saying Hume fans were making threats last night...
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)Hardcore Fan (250 reputation)

Would it be correct to say that Horda are pathetic shitheads?

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

SoccerLogic - 31 Aug 2024 12:56 PM

Horda (appatently), but Hume have had a relatively consistent active support the last couple of years that mostly turns up for big games. Add to that that South are flying, and the A-League is kicking off soon there's a little more energy around their active I reckon...

Their club probably needs to step in before anything violent happens... I saw tweets saying Hume fans were making threats last night...

Its odd, Hume had decent support pre covid but the past couple of seasons  like previous poster stated, pretty non existent... Most clubs outnumber them in support at their own ground.. This year they have turned up again .... not sure why?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

And a Palestinian flag for some bizarre reason???  Some minor scuffles, dealt with by security as you say and I dont think they managed to hurt anyone but it IS concerning for the cup game in a couple of weeks.  I was close enough to hear a couple of their "fans" arguing amongst themselves and the swearing wasnt in Turkish (or at least it didnt sound like it) ???? 

I hope they have enough security at ABD stadium for this one, Im predicting a decent-ish crowd for an all NPL affair and hope our guys dont get baited into retaliating against these wannabe muppets. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Australia cup is back on tonight Hume vs South Melbourne 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 11 Sep 2024 10:35 AM
Australia cup is back on tonight Hume vs South Melbourne 

Rug up if you are coming .... it gets cold out there and rain is expected later.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I think this is the needed medicine viewing compared to last night.
Sure different level but can't be worse :) haha

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Nice goal well played - no one there MSC

Love Football

Edited
2 Weeks Ago by LFC.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

LFC. - 11 Sep 2024 7:42 PM
Nice goal well played - no one there MSC

oh is the crowd empty? Weird
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

grazorblade - 11 Sep 2024 7:47 PM

No defense :) 
easy goal unopposed but a beautiful cross.
SMH just missed a equaliser 2 goes at it saved off the line 

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Crowd wise looks ok but it’s a rainy evening down there.
Hume grandstand full and crowd around perimeter 

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Entertaining game I'm not bothered who wins just enjoying it 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

I'm one of 3.4K watching on YouTube ATM 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

south melbourne lead

have to beat the winner of adelaide and wsw to make the finals
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

and instant equalizer
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

And the Victorians laugh at Western United’s crowds. 500-600 max.
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 11 Sep 2024 9:32 PM

And the Victorians laugh at Western United’s crowds. 500-600 max.

Wet
Small grandstand 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

grazorblade - 11 Sep 2024 9:01 PM
and instant equalizer

And a late late ET winner !

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

south melbourne lead

have to beat the winner of adelaide and wsw to make the finals

I thought this game lined up with Oakleigh v Macarthur?
southoftheyarra
southoftheyarra
Fan
Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)

Im really conflicted about the hume fans, on one hand its really good seeing active support from a rival team, creates a better atmosphere... But its worrying seeing these new fans (they weren't around last few seasons) openly display the wolf salute (look it up). Drumming...cool, türkiye...cool but the wolf stuff just doesn't fly (especially when posted by Australia cup lol). Did anyone notice the 3-4 melbourne victory chants during the cup game...odd, but not the first time far right melbourne victory fans have done this bullshit, if people remember the south preston game from this year a section of the 'fans' in the south area were apparently golden dawn horda members (apparently they threw the flair onto the pitch), haven't seen them since ... good, we all hate them. I want to see more people at npl games but srs, melbourne victory fans stay at home. However they are just teenagers (funny because they probably weren't alive for any of the nsl), I'm going off who was trying to start something during the south hume dockerty cup game and that was both teams, the hume 'fans' and the south 'fans', I think its all just for social media. Hopefully they age out of it. I'm all for the palestinian flag but its just ironic that erdoğan has done nothing for them ... anyways thoughts?
SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur

NicCarBel - 11 Sep 2024 11:36 PM

I thought this game lined up with Oakleigh v Macarthur?

It is

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search