What's a football stadium in Australia that I should attempt to go to?

What's a football stadium in Australia that I should attempt to go to?...

Author
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If you get a chance and you really want to cry at the waste....the ground at the Gold Coast.  It's brilliant. 20k seats. Steep rise.  Feel you could reach out and touch the players.

Just go there and let out a howl of pain.  If they'd built that ground at Ballymore or maybe the Sunshine Coast or anywhere else.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 16 Nov 2023 9:54 AM
Melbcityguy - 15 Nov 2023 8:47 PM

If you follow your clubs NPL 2 next year, get around to John Cain - Northcote City - best souva and a quirky stand with excellent visibility, BT Connor - Preston fans are loud and noisy and great food. and whatever Bulleens ground is called (I cant remember sorry) probably the pick of the bunch for you away days.

have fun...preseason matches should start just before Xmas for you tog et a feel.. cant wait for teh season to start.

All these recommendations 

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

LFC. - 16 Nov 2023 7:42 AM
MCG don’t you get out of Melb mate ? 

Yep get to a Vicnpl game or 2 coming season.
MSC can put down the derbies that would be great experience for you.
I even enjoy going to a local Prem 1 game below NPL that is grass roots with good football at that level, well it is here in Sydney for most players are ex npl who got sic and tired of the politics.

I do mate just pretty busy ATM getting married next year. I'd love a honey moon on the central coast not sure about the Missus tho haha 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Gosford looks amazing hopefully one day 

was better when they sold Blue Tongue lager. cracking drop that was. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 16 Nov 2023 10:03 AM

He said " stadiums ", which none of your above will qualify.

Ohhh you got me there... what a quick wit you have.....
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

If you follow your clubs NPL 2 next year, get around to John Cain - Northcote City - best souva and a quirky stand with excellent visibility, BT Connor - Preston fans are loud and noisy and great food. and whatever Bulleens ground is called (I cant remember sorry) probably the pick of the bunch for you away days.

have fun...preseason matches should start just before Xmas for you tog et a feel.. cant wait for teh season to start.

He said " stadiums ", which none of your above will qualify.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Thx for the replies guys 

I.dont think I'll be going to Sydney anytime soon but will keep those places in my mind when I do 

Yes the stadiums in Victoria I need to start with 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 15 Nov 2023 6:54 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Nov 2023 2:33 PM

Went there last new years eve.

Winner of a night.

Big crowd, home win, lots of kids, balmy summers night and fireworks to top it off. Marvellous.

Sounds divine :P
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

MCG don’t you get out of Melb mate ? 

Yep get to a Vicnpl game or 2 coming season.
MSC can put down the derbies that would be great experience for you.
I even enjoy going to a local Prem 1 game below NPL that is grass roots with good football at that level, well it is here in Sydney for most players are ex npl who got sic and tired of the politics.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Thx for the replies guys 

I.dont think I'll be going to Sydney anytime soon but will keep those places in my mind when I do 

Yes the stadiums in Victoria I need to start with 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)Legend (29K reputation)

Nice to see my hometown Gosford coming up. It's great when the crowd is on the higher side.

Walked around Hindmarsh and could see inside. What a great football ground.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Nov 2023 2:33 PM
Midfielder - 15 Nov 2023 12:16 PM

Gosford is on the bucket list for me... One day Middie, one day

Went there last new years eve.

Winner of a night.

Big crowd, home win, lots of kids, balmy summers night and fireworks to top it off. Marvellous.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 15 Nov 2023 12:16 PM
Gosford, appears on a number of the pretties stadiums in the world lists. Club across the road, train station and major bus interchange under a K flat walk, stay on the Coast for a couple of days as well, heaps of beaches, lakes and rivers.... or mountain bush walks etc.... Gosford itself is a bit of a hole,  but the beachside towns are brilliant.

https://ehq-production-australia.imgix.net/aabfe0e7490f130c6e68aef62a1946ff16f2dc78/projects/images/000/048/458/original/CCStadiumYVOC.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&w=1080

https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/photos/central-coast-stadium-2.jpg

Gosford is on the bucket list for me... One day Middie, one day
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

When I lived in Sydney I always liked Lambert Park. 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Scroll through Australias #1 Groundspotter

https://twitter.com/official_lesdog
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

If you are willing to wait another decade or two then the Werribee Wembley may be up and running by then... Not sure what sport will be hosted there though ?
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Solar Mad Stadium
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

you asking for Melb MCG ?
Surely SMH and a MK game one haha

When in sydney town depending the fixtures
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Lambert_Park1.jpg/1688px-Mapcarta.jpg
https://www.footballgroundmap.com/photos/lambert-park/apia-leichhardt-tigers
and to my other blood line
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/general-view-of-the-ffa-cup-match-between-sydney-united-58-news-photo/455960816
vsing SFC haha
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/stjepan-paric-of-united-celebrates-scoring-a-goal-with-team-news-photo/455959968

Both fill in the criterias you asked for easily - unique and own the grounds, add in the Palace/Marconi another legend of the game.
Throw in Syd Olympic @ Belmore and I do like visiting Manlys Cromer Park at Dee Why.

Love Football

Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Gosford, appears on a number of the pretties stadiums in the world lists. Club across the road, train station and major bus interchange under a K flat walk, stay on the Coast for a couple of days as well, heaps of beaches, lakes and rivers.... or mountain bush walks etc.... Gosford itself is a bit of a hole,  but the beachside towns are brilliant.

https://ehq-production-australia.imgix.net/aabfe0e7490f130c6e68aef62a1946ff16f2dc78/projects/images/000/048/458/original/CCStadiumYVOC.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&w=1080

https://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/photos/central-coast-stadium-2.jpg

Edited
Last Year by Midfielder
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Looking for a stadium that I can check out on game day and just have the best time ever. 

Npl or over 50s let me know 

Points for history
Unique infrastructure
Match atmosphere 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search