NPL 2024 Thread

NPL 2024 Thread

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
NicCarBel - 13 Feb 2024 10:02 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Feb 2024 9:40 AM
Not so much the getting well. just a general health and fitness thing. Ever since my appendix came out, I just can't get the weight off and cardio ready no matter how much I try. My wife fattened me up while I spent two weeks on the couch post operation! hahaha

Essentially, I don't want to ruin games by not being able to keep up. I could always just do grassroots to help out I guess, but that's what was supposed to happen, but then I got assigned NPL/NPL2 AR games and found myself out of the loop.

grazorblade - 13 Feb 2024 9:22 AM

Sure thing. I mean.. I don't do centres for first grade, just some AR matches. Usually do youth NPL or the third tier here.

Sure sure, blame the missus,,, :P 

Good onya for helping out at grassroots where you can though.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Beretta - 13 Feb 2024 7:50 AM
great crowd out at Bulleen last night, 1-1 with preston. 

NSW NPL kicks off this friday night, usual suspects to top the league? 

Good question re NSW NPL, I haven't seen anywhere for all team updates and movements.

2dyas ago annouced by VPL
May be an image of text

Love Football

Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)Amateur (586 reputation)

LFC. - 14 Feb 2024 10:30 AM
Beretta - 13 Feb 2024 7:50 AM

Good question re NSW NPL, I haven't seen anywhere for all team updates and movements.

2dyas ago annouced by VPL
May be an image of text

Seems a sensible approach to all contingencies. It's about working with the football tiers, not against them. Good on FV, hope that Football Queensland comes around.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Feb 2024 12:30 PM
NicCarBel - 13 Feb 2024 10:02 AM

Sure sure, blame the missus,,, :P 

Good onya for helping out at grassroots where you can though.

yep more so the kudos like Muz putting in for the local game.
You guys put up with a lot of crap even a AR haha...

Mate NCB, hardon up son not the Mrs's fault fattenning you up haha
Get out there amongst it only way your gonna get yourself back in shape.

IF I can having last season off fattenning up like mad enjoying the weekend freedom just spectating I've returned to pre season runs the last 2mths @ 63 you sure as hell can :)
Mrs's is gonna go off but re registering haven't told her yet but surely she must be head spinning when I tell her I'm going for run Tuesday nights, you only live once, whilst I'm still mobile despite worrying of injury (gone through ruptured achilles tendon/ACL in the past) I can't help myself.
Luv being out there - with team mates, banter and beers post game loling at snr moments, that idiot or more from the other team, the ref was crap haha we should have won that, give the ball earlier, why o why you try to beat 2/3 players !
I feel lucky I'm still mobile/slim at my age compared to most.
Bring it on.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Hillbilly55 - 14 Feb 2024 10:43 AM
LFC. - 14 Feb 2024 10:30 AM

Seems a sensible approach to all contingencies. It's about working with the football tiers, not against them. Good on FV, hope that Football Queensland comes around.

yes correct mate it is the approach needed and notice due to NST 25 start and those Clubs involved.

I should have added the headline above that link.
"Interesting amendment Football Victoria made to its rulebook just last week. Essentially saying Avondale, Prestons & South may be removed from their leagues & placed in VPL2 (3rd div) if the National Second Division kicks off"

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Perhaps we need separate threads for Vic and nsw? It's good everyone is getting around the NPL I made a topic in the Melbourne city forum as well to follow the reserves 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 14 Feb 2024 10:47 AM
Hillbilly55 - 14 Feb 2024 10:43 AM

yes correct mate it is the approach needed and notice due to NST 25 start and those Clubs involved.

I should have added the headline above that link.
"Interesting amendment Football Victoria made to its rulebook just last week. Essentially saying Avondale, Prestons & South may be removed from their leagues & placed in VPL2 (3rd div) if the National Second Division kicks off"

Its sort of a yes and no for me... I get that this it is sort of a way to "future proof" pro/relegation. At least it measn we can have, I assume, an NST squad, an U23 VPL2 squad and the U21 reserves squad playing alongside the "senior" VPL2 squad......  It beats not having a "placeholder" to drop back into ... well see how it pans out but It seems, at least for now, that the FA is working hard on making things fit.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 14 Feb 2024 10:55 AM
Perhaps we need separate threads for Vic and nsw? It's good everyone is getting around the NPL I made a topic in the Melbourne city forum as well to follow the reserves 

No mate, we are all united, the NPL seasons just start at different times so let the other states jump on board with npl gossip/results as they come "online".... 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Feb 2024 11:12 AM

No mate, we are all united, the NPL seasons just start at different times so let the other states jump on board with npl gossip/results as they come "online".... 

Mate they need a podcast or something to cover all the games and background info. Football is great but you need an narrative around it 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 14 Feb 2024 11:16 AM

Mate they need a podcast or something to cover all the games and background info. Football is great but you need an narrative around it 

Sorry mate, must be a generational thing. I cant stand the thought of listening to the opinions of some random "enthusiast" on a podcast. The commentary team on match day does a fairly good job and they guest host with coaches and ex players more often than not.... Thats enough for me... 

Also, sorry to disagree, but football doesnt need a narrative.. Football is the context in which the clubs operate.... it IS the narrative...... Dont need content for the sake of content, just watch the games :)
Edited
7 Months Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 14 Feb 2024 11:23 AM
Melbcityguy - 14 Feb 2024 11:16 AM

Sorry mate, must be a generational thing. I cant stand the thought of listening to the opinions of some random "enthusiast" on a podcast. The commentary team on match day does a fairly good job and they guest host with coaches and ex players more often than not.... Thats enough for me... 

Also, sorry to disagree, but football doesnt need a narrative.. Football is the context in which the clubs operate.... it IS the narrative...... Dont need content for the sake of content, just watch the games :)

What I'm saying is it good to know about the players and teams like I didn't know south Melbourne and oakleigh have beef. Anyways I'm enjoying it on YouTube and encouraging others to get around it 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 14 Feb 2024 11:27 AM

What I'm saying is it good to know about the players and teams like I didn't know south Melbourne and oakleigh have beef. Anyways I'm enjoying it on YouTube and encouraging others to get around it 

Yeah I get ya mate.... keep up the stellar work :P
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes well done MCG.

I suppose at these levels we are also used to it due to the lack of funding your either in the know or not.
Its all just about the football as MSC mentions, the glitter HT entertainment and what your asking just hasn't been the norm due to so many reasons but for regular followers knowing the ins and outs.
I'm the same I don't spend time on podcasts etc but your main means would be wiki or goggle searchs at this stage checking up Club DNA's and rivals, obviosuly SM must have some goss.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I reckon 1 thread as this NPL 24 is enough.
Sometimes you get lost with so many threads but same subject like having sub file after another you lose where your last post was.

Results updates all here no matter the state.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 14 Feb 2024 12:42 PM

yes well done MCG.

I suppose at these levels we are also used to it due to the lack of funding your either in the know or not.
Its all just about the football as MSC mentions, the glitter HT entertainment and what your asking just hasn't been the norm due to so many reasons but for regular followers knowing the ins and outs.
I'm the same I don't spend time on podcasts etc but your main means would be wiki or goggle searchs at this stage checking up Club DNA's and rivals, obviosuly SM must have some goss.

In NPL Vic its simple ... EVERYONE hates EVERYONE... except the Croatian clubs, they all seem to have good relationships...  Oakleigh, Bentleigh, Port Melbourne and some fans of the lower div teams like Northcote, Box Hill, Clifton Hill etc etc will gravitate to Hellas in a National Competition and will jump on board in some way (we have great partnerships with Malvern City and Glory) Its not just an effnik thing though - Heidelberg fans will NEVER join us EVER, even if their club is playing amateur league and we are in the Aleague . Avondale is hated by both Italian and non Italian clubs alike and I dont think Georgies and Gully get along much either.

Not sure if this is the sort of stuff your looking for... Next time someone mentions they are a Heidelberg supporter just ask them if they enjoy "Eggs on Toast" ... you cant know until you know sort of thing. Get in amongst it lad. 

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

LFC. - 14 Feb 2024 10:44 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Feb 2024 12:30 PM

yep more so the kudos like Muz putting in for the local game.
You guys put up with a lot of crap even a AR haha...

Mate NCB, hardon up son not the Mrs's fault fattenning you up haha
Get out there amongst it only way your gonna get yourself back in shape.

IF I can having last season off fattenning up like mad enjoying the weekend freedom just spectating I've returned to pre season runs the last 2mths @ 63 you sure as hell can :)
Mrs's is gonna go off but re registering haven't told her yet but surely she must be head spinning when I tell her I'm going for run Tuesday nights, you only live once, whilst I'm still mobile despite worrying of injury (gone through ruptured achilles tendon/ACL in the past) I can't help myself.
Luv being out there - with team mates, banter and beers post game loling at snr moments, that idiot or more from the other team, the ref was crap haha we should have won that, give the ball earlier, why o why you try to beat 2/3 players !
I feel lucky I'm still mobile/slim at my age compared to most.
Bring it on.

Eh, like I said, I wouldn't mind just doing grassroots with my current fitness, but because I had been around the NPL setups as assistant coach (and then as AR) they just keep assigning me them. Just feels like until I get in that spot, it's either all in, or all out. Would love to be just doing grassroots refereeing, since I know how much of a pain it is to be in a game with limited officials (that's pretty much why I started doing it), but when the numbers are limited from the top these days, they're the holes they need to plug.
NPL is a level that, while I enjoy it, I don't want to cause problems by being off the pace, being out of position, etc. At least at grassroots level, we're all just happy to be there and kick the shit around haha.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

NicCarBel - 14 Feb 2024 4:47 PM
LFC. - 14 Feb 2024 10:44 AM

Eh, like I said, I wouldn't mind just doing grassroots with my current fitness, but because I had been around the NPL setups as assistant coach (and then as AR) they just keep assigning me them. Just feels like until I get in that spot, it's either all in, or all out. Would love to be just doing grassroots refereeing, since I know how much of a pain it is to be in a game with limited officials (that's pretty much why I started doing it), but when the numbers are limited from the top these days, they're the holes they need to plug.
NPL is a level that, while I enjoy it, I don't want to cause problems by being off the pace, being out of position, etc. At least at grassroots level, we're all just happy to be there and kick the shit around haha.

Ah yes sorry forgot at npl standards I understand your train of thought.
far quicker pace and important being on the ball head wise and running down the line and back.
Not surprised they keep calling known officials to fill in the holes.
Worse at grass roots old fogie levels.
Having been Prem1 most of my game nothing worse turning or knowing from players we know who are in the ref system advising we have no officials at coming game.
Hate that someone from each time takes the whistle but got no choice.
Offsides questioned or not blown, you know what I mean. 

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

NPL VIC action tonight Port visit Somers St and both with something to prove after indifierent start... Knoghts should et the points, Bergers v Oakleigh  at the Village will be good at 7.30 ... Johnny A has a good record against CT.

The rest of the round is a mixed bag, Manningham in their first ever top flight home game should do well, I hope. Hume City v Green Gully will be important but I predict a snooze fest.  good luck to all.
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Bergers V Oakleigh stream is down so looks like MK match for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqa3Cc1yft8

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

MK getting routed at home by Port Melbourne. ~400-450 on the stream on average but video quality is very poor. Probably on dial up out at Slummers St.
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hacker
Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)Hacker (322 reputation)

Good win by Port although I see Adam Piddick has left.
They used to be one of my favs to watch as a neutral. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

First game of the season in the NSW NPL and we might have seen the best goal of the season already by Manly United's Harry McCarthy, check it out its on NSW NPLs socials.

Ive seen him play before, surprised he hasn't been a chance to play in the a-league perhaps a useful signing for an NSD team.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Barca4Life - 17 Feb 2024 9:43 AM
First game of the season in the NSW NPL and we might have seen the best goal of the season already by Manly United's Harry McCarthy, check it out its on NSW NPLs socials.

Ive seen him play before, surprised he hasn't been a chance to play in the a-league perhaps a useful signing for an NSD team.

He played for CCM two or three years ago. He got a few games but got injured on starting debut and then didn't get a new contract.
bohemia
bohemia
World Class

Been looking forward to NSW NPL. Starting things off for me with Marconi V Wollongong : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQLTS-FV4s
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Barca4Life - 17 Feb 2024 9:43 AM

What a goal! Not just the strike, but the run
bohemia
bohemia
World Class

The Manly United build up and goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKEHJq_eVnw&t=7690s

When we have an NSD, the talented folks in this division will all be playing each other and only each other week in week out. Can't wait!
Edited
7 Months Ago by bohemia
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

bohemia - 17 Feb 2024 9:54 PM
The Manly United build up and goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKEHJq_eVnw&t=7690s

When we have an NSD, the talented folks in this division will all be playing each other and only each other week in week out. Can't wait!

I honestly don't think I've seen quite a goal like that in Australia since THAT Nicky Carle goal for the Jets back in like 2006/07
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)Hacker (462 reputation)

Sydney Olympic losing to Hills Brumbies is the shock of the round in NSW NPL, especially when hills where with 10men for 60min. 

Blacktown put 6 past APIA, and the round saw 5 or 6 red cards, 3 in the CCM vs Sydney United match

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

always a young squad at CCM and at home Pluim Park is always a good challenge for any visitor.
2 footed tackle by CCM's captain sparked the all in brawl.
Glad SU held themselves together taking the deserved win away.
The less said of APIA's defending campaign start the better omg but well done BC.
Kudos Marconi won.
Friggin SO lost to Hills.
Yep that Manly individual goal was a cracker.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 19 Feb 2024 7:48 AM
Sydney Olympic losing to Hills Brumbies is the shock of the round in NSW NPL, especially when hills where with 10men for 60min. 

Blacktown put 6 past APIA, and the round saw 5 or 6 red cards, 3 in the CCM vs Sydney United match

Saw the Blacktown Apia match ... nuts ... great viewing as a neutral :)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search