NPL 2024 Thread

NPL 2024 Thread

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://www.footballvictoria.com.au/news/streaming-announcement-every-nplm-and-nplw-match-streamed-youtube-2024

Every match is on YouTube so get behind the NPL this season 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 9 Feb 2024 7:13 AM

Yeah for NPL VIC all on youtube this year plus Dockerty Cup, Aus Cup, they will have a round up and highlights show and not sure what esle is planned.

Yoututbe streams are pretty decent although the stats are automated I think and sometimes through up bizarre interpretations.

Linups werent on last nights stream (I watched replay when i got home) but most clubs have these on their socials before KO..

Neos Kosmos does a decent job these past few years on some reporting on NPL and below... I guess some of the other local news outlets do occasionally.

https://neoskosmos.com/en/2024/02/08/sport/football/npl-victoria-mens-time-to-get-the-ball-rolling/

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Feb 2024 9:22 AM
Melbcityguy - 9 Feb 2024 7:13 AM

Yeah for NPL VIC all on youtube this year plus Dockerty Cup, Aus Cup, they will have a round up and highlights show and not sure what esle is planned.

Yoututbe streams are pretty decent although the stats are automated I think and sometimes through up bizarre interpretations.

Linups werent on last nights stream (I watched replay when i got home) but most clubs have these on their socials before KO..

Neos Kosmos does a decent job these past few years on some reporting on NPL and below... I guess some of the other local news outlets do occasionally.

https://neoskosmos.com/en/2024/02/08/sport/football/npl-victoria-mens-time-to-get-the-ball-rolling/

Thanks for that. I'm a bit disappointed the vpl1 is not on YouTube because that has three a league reserve teams and two teams close to me so I'll have my eye on it. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 9 Feb 2024 10:39 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Feb 2024 9:22 AM

Thanks for that. I'm a bit disappointed the vpl1 is not on YouTube because that has three a league reserve teams and two teams close to me so I'll have my eye on it. 

Watch this space mate as I think they may stream selected matches... 

Its gonna be a strong league this year, Bentleigh, Bulleen, Northcote City, North Geelong ,... all strong squads. And of course Preston and maybe George Cross gearing up for NST.
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)

thank god everything is back on Youtube.
NPL.TV was rubbish
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Beretta at least it was something originally, NPLtv worked ok but it fell off the cliff the last couple of years.

As mentioned thankfully back to YouTube, wonder if Q and the other States following Vic/NSW.

https://footballnsw.com.au/2024/02/06/football-nsw-announces-streaming-details-for-2024-season/

Love Football

Edited
3 Months Ago by LFC.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

LFC. - 9 Feb 2024 12:42 PM
Beretta at least it was something originally, NPLtv worked ok but it fell off the cliff the last couple of years.

As mentioned thankfully back to YouTube, wonder if Q and the other States following Vic/NSW.

https://footballnsw.com.au/2024/02/06/football-nsw-announces-streaming-details-for-2024-season/

ACT has been back on BAR TV since last season
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)

NPL.TV just had too many bugs and problems.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 9 Feb 2024 1:24 PM

NPL.TV just had too many bugs and problems.

Yeah agree, worked fine on a Samsung tablet but NOT on my newer Sansung phone    and sometimes not at all on a Chromecast ....

You tube will do me just fine.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

I'm not being funny but if we had a way to cross over the a league tonight with the npl and try bridge the sport together it would be great just my two cents 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 9 Feb 2024 2:27 PM
I'm not being funny but if we had a way to cross over the a league tonight with the npl and try bridge the sport together it would be great just my two cents 

Ofcourse it would mate but too much water under the bridge and more importantly money invested and wasted for it to ever work... APL owners demand a return on the money they have pumped in (and absolutely fair enough too in my view). They will go down with the ship rather than devaluing their asset in any way... look at what is happening with Perth.... Perth is an NST level club, no two ways about it, they would be a force if they could just operate within a more realistic budget and not have to worry about making a profit (as would a few other clubs imho) but sadly the APL owns their IP, name, colours and logo so any "revised" Perth Glory in the future would have to use another name and kit.... 

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Last season Football Queensland YouTube channel showed all NPL, FQPL1 and FQPL2 mens and NPL and FQPL1 womens matches (FQPL1 and 2 are the next levels below NPL) live, with highlights package of each game put up afterwards. I assume the same thing will happen this season, and has already started with the Kappa Pro Series Cup matches (NPL and FQPL1 mens).
Edited
3 Months Ago by Keeper66
libelous
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Feb 2024 2:38 PM
Melbcityguy - 9 Feb 2024 2:27 PM

Ofcourse it would mate but too much water under the bridge and more importantly money invested and wasted for it to ever work... APL owners demand a return on the money they have pumped in (and absolutely fair enough too in my view). They will go down with the ship rather than devaluing their asset in any way... look at what is happening with Perth.... Perth is an NST level club, no two ways about it, they would be a force if they could just operate within a more realistic budget and not have to worry about making a profit (as would a few other clubs imho) but sadly the APL owns their IP, name, colours and logo so any "revised" Perth Glory in the future would have to use another name and kit.... 

Sad to see how Nick Tana’s dream has ended up. I believe he is still keen on owning a team in a national league setup but not at the price that the APL are asking.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

libelous - 9 Feb 2024 3:20 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Feb 2024 2:38 PM

Sad to see how Nick Tana’s dream has ended up. I believe he is still keen on owning a team in a national league setup but not at the price that the APL are asking.

Glory was THE poster boy for what the NSL should have evolved towards... what a shame the Aleague came along.
libelous
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)Rising Star (791 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Feb 2024 4:39 PM
libelous - 9 Feb 2024 3:20 PM

Glory was THE poster boy for what the NSL should have evolved towards... what a shame the Aleague came along.

Hopefully the National League (or NST as it’s called at the moment) can remedy that 20 years later.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

libelous - 9 Feb 2024 5:14 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 9 Feb 2024 4:39 PM

Hopefully the National League (or NST as it’s called at the moment) can remedy that 20 years later.

I like National league or Australian National League (ANL) ... my only worry is that it too many "effniks" will get naughty ideas ... hahahahahahahahahahah
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)

I wanna keep an eye on Perth SC this year.
libelous
libelous
Rising Star

DandyCasey - 9 Feb 2024 6:48 PM
I wanna keep an eye on Perth SC this year.

Is Nick Tana involved with them?
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)Hardcore Fan (295 reputation)

libelous - 9 Feb 2024 6:51 PM
DandyCasey - 9 Feb 2024 6:48 PM

Is Nick Tana involved with them?

Nah just curious to see if Danny Hay can reproduce what he did at Eastern Suburbs.
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Today have

Green Gully V Moreland City: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItV0Evbup2c&ab_channel=nplvictoria

Oakleigh Cannons V Manningham United: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVblBLL1kz4&ab_channel=nplvictoria

Couldn't really choose between them but GG match starts half an hour earlier, so can check it out before switching over

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

BTW, thing I love about watching on Youtube is you have the live viewer count below the feed. Beats the old days of stalking twitter 2 days after a match trying to find out the rubbery oztam numbers on HAL :D

SM game topped at 3,000 viewers from what I saw. I mean, it's not actually all that bad considering the production $$ and not being an actual professional league.
Edited
3 Months Ago by bohemia
bohemia
bohemia
World Class

Oakleigh game is the better one to watch. Good crowd in, better atmosphere, slightly higher camera angle. Good tempo to the footy. 750 viewers on the stream at the moment.
Edited
3 Months Ago by bohemia
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Can't wait to get back on the field tbh.

But I don't think it's happening this year because of health and fitness...
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker

great crowd out at Bulleen last night, 1-1 with preston. 

NSW NPL kicks off this friday night, usual suspects to top the league? 

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

NicCarBel - 10 Feb 2024 11:20 AM

You a player?
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

grazorblade - 13 Feb 2024 8:51 AM

You a player?

No, unfortunately I’m the devil in black (or fluoro yellow)
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

NicCarBel - 13 Feb 2024 8:59 AM
grazorblade - 13 Feb 2024 8:51 AM

No, unfortunately I’m the devil in black (or fluoro yellow)

Referee?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Hope things work out for ya mate.... get well and back on the whistle.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

bohemia - 9 Feb 2024 8:46 PM
Oakleigh game is the better one to watch. Good crowd in, better atmosphere, slightly higher camera angle. Good tempo to the footy. 750 viewers on the stream at the moment.

Manningham at least came out to play.. Scoreline flattered Oaks a bit as defensively the newbies were very shaky but they string together a fairly quick counter so can see them staying up.... 

Moreland is woeful, look forward to spanking them this weekend. Early days but Nick Tolios seems to have created a bit of a beast at Dandy City, they put three past Scomondale.... Bergers look strong also... could be an interesting season all round.. 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Feb 2024 9:40 AM

Hope things work out for ya mate.... get well and back on the whistle.
Not so much the getting well. just a general health and fitness thing. Ever since my appendix came out, I just can't get the weight off and cardio ready no matter how much I try. My wife fattened me up while I spent two weeks on the couch post operation! hahaha

Essentially, I don't want to ruin games by not being able to keep up. I could always just do grassroots to help out I guess, but that's what was supposed to happen, but then I got assigned NPL/NPL2 AR games and found myself out of the loop.

grazorblade - 13 Feb 2024 9:22 AM
NicCarBel - 13 Feb 2024 8:59 AM

Referee?

Sure thing. I mean.. I don't do centres for first grade, just some AR matches. Usually do youth NPL or the third tier here.
Edited
3 Months Ago by NicCarBel
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search