The world's gone mad': Lloyd, Cornes question AFL's move to scrap draftee skinfold testing

The world's gone mad': Lloyd, Cornes question AFL's move to scrap...

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/news-2024-skinfolds-banned-at-all-levels-draftees-kane-cornes-matthew-lloyd-talent-pathways/ef57fafb-ff17-41d6-897a-62a13d42b5d3

I don't want to turn this into AFL bashing but Is this something that can come into football? It's ridiculous right 
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

The article doesn't actually say why the skin fold tests have been removed.

I know the automatic implication is "we're turning everyone into a delicate flower who can't be told they're too fat (by professional athlete standards)", but for all we know, they made have come up with another/better way of making that measurement.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

petszk - 23 Apr 2024 2:26 PM
The article doesn't actually say why the skin fold tests have been removed.

I know the automatic implication is "we're turning everyone into a delicate flower who can't be told they're too fat (by professional athlete standards)", but for all we know, they made have come up with another/better way of making that measurement.

yep, they have a better way of measuring 

the two players are just numbskulls, in a sport for boofheads 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search