Private Academies - Most A League (or other Pro-Leagues)

Private Academies - Most A League (or other Pro-Leagues)

Author
Porkipie
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi, dad of young boys. I didn't grow up playing football (soccer) in Australia. I'm finding it really confusing to navigate the pathway. Have there been any private academies (especially in Melbourne) that have a history of developing large numbers of talent going into A-League youth programs and then onto becoming pro's? I'm currently looking at around 9-year-olds.  

My view has been for them to enjoy. Yep, that's pretty much my approach—having been involved in another sport at the top level and growing up seeing lots of hugely talented friends, etc., drop out due to parents pushing kids. That said, I also want to give my boys every opportunity I can afford (especially as not a soccer player myself). My problem is that I can get conflicting information from all over. I strongly suspect info from the private academies is profit and that got me thinking - have any? Had a run/ history of/ with turning talent to pros or not. 

Any info or thoughts are helpful and appreciated. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search