You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Captain Haddock - 26 Oct 2017 10:14 PM
BETHFC - 24 Oct 2017 8:35 AM

Probably the wrong thread to say so, but I love that the BA punches pretty evenly between leftists and conservatives. The types of people they take the piss out of are spot-on as well...

Beetoota is what satire always should be: Ripping the shit out of everybody. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 31 Oct 2017 9:46 AM
paulbagzFC - 31 Oct 2017 9:29 AM

WGMG:  Whenever you say it's a load of Seppo bullshit some wanker tells you it's actually a druid, pagan, solstice blah blah festival from ancient times etc etc.

Fuck off.

Fuck me fucking dead I had this conversation just yesterday.
Edit - great, now I have the 12th man stuck in my head
Edited
7 Years Ago by Davide82
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 31 Oct 2017 9:42 AM

No it won't

Yeah I hope not. People have been doing it for quite a while. A lot longer than 5 years anyway and it hasn't really caught on properly yet. Keep strong Australia.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Davide82 - 31 Oct 2017 2:15 PM
TheSelectFew - 31 Oct 2017 9:42 AM

Yeah I hope not. People have been doing it for quite a while. A lot longer than 5 years anyway and it hasn't really caught on properly yet. Keep strong Australia.

Is it anything new? I remember going trick or treating as a kid. That was nearly 20 years ago.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 31 Oct 2017 2:49 PM

Is it anything new? I remember going trick or treating as a kid. That was nearly 20 years ago.

The first time i saw it here was about 5 years ago, now I've for mates that have halloween parties and they go all out.

Im 30 years of age and never saw anything to do with halloween while i was a kid except on tv.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Yeah that's kinda my point though that it's been half arsed for ages and never fully caught on.
My wife told me she did it as a kid too and she is 31. I was appalled she didn't share my views in it being american cultural imperialism bullshit aha

What has changed is supermarkets etc have gotten way more on board than they did when I was a kid trying to sell a few plastic masks and all that. Still all feels pretty half arsed though to be honest. Pretty much just middle class frivolity
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

scubaroo - 31 Oct 2017 4:03 PM

The first time i saw it here was about 5 years ago, now I've for mates that have halloween parties and they go all out.

Im 30 years of age and never saw anything to do with halloween while i was a kid except on tv.

Yeah and it's not a halloween party maaaan it's a dia de los muerto party aha
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Same shit with St Patricks day. 

Personally I go out drinking with my English mates on St Georges day
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Davide82 - 31 Oct 2017 4:10 PM

Yeah that's kinda my point though that it's been half arsed for ages and never fully caught on.
My wife told me she did it as a kid too and she is 31. I was appalled she didn't share my views in it being american cultural imperialism bullshit aha

What has changed is supermarkets etc have gotten way more on board than they did when I was a kid trying to sell a few plastic masks and all that. Still all feels pretty half arsed though to be honest. Pretty much just middle class frivolity

Chicks dress up hot but

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Glenn - A-league Mad
Glenn - A-league Mad
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

scubaroo - 30 Oct 2017 11:03 PM

Yeah but things like Today and Coles are trying to make it a thing.

It will be a thing well and truly here within 5 years.

-PB

From 5 years ago to now the participation is already hugely grown.
Kids of all ages love it. Little kids love getting dressed up. Big kids love scaring each other and more Adults are dressing up there houses.
Its only natural that the retail industry want to tap into a pre xmas gold mine.
5 years from now and I cant imagine how much bigger it will be.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Personally I think Halloween (Trick or Treating) is great. I did it as a kid over 30 years ago, and my kids love it now. You meet your neighbours in a society where we barely leave our house in our neighbourhood, kids meet other kids in the area (because no kids are ever down at the parks when we go there), kids have fun with their friends, they are outside, it's great to see so many of the older generation appraise the kids costumes when they come by, and overall it is a great community event. Even makes cars slow down and drive at acceptable speeds in small suburban streets.

In our estate through our Facebook page it is set up as an event (kids from outside of the area now visit our estate to participate). It is about the only community based event organised in our estate (as most the posts on the "community" page are people have a whinge fest), and all the posts are always so positive.

It is an evening / night when our suburb is filled with "screams", laughs, joy, thrills and happiness. Who wouldn't want that?? 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

sokorny - 1 Nov 2017 1:28 PM
Personally I think Halloween (Trick or Treating) is great. I did it as a kid over 30 years ago, and my kids love it now. You meet your neighbours in a society where we barely leave our house in our neighbourhood, kids meet other kids in the area (because no kids are ever down at the parks when we go there), kids have fun with their friends, they are outside, it's great to see so many of the older generation appraise the kids costumes when they come by, and overall it is a great community event. Even makes cars slow down and drive at acceptable speeds in small suburban streets.

In our estate through our Facebook page it is set up as an event (kids from outside of the area now visit our estate to participate). It is about the only community based event organised in our estate (as most the posts on the "community" page are people have a whinge fest), and all the posts are always so positive.

It is an evening / night when our suburb is filled with "screams", laughs, joy, thrills and happiness. Who wouldn't want that?? 

I don't get it. Mum's are especially mental when it comes to giving chocolates and sweets out to their own kids and yet come Halloween all of that goes out the window.

Not only that exactly what is going on? 

Here you go little Jenny or Johnny, you go up to that stranger and he'll give you lollies?  WTF?

It's weird. And why are they getting lollies anyway?  What's the rationale?

I blame 'Modern Family' in large part.

And this definitely wasn't a thing when I was a kid in regional NSW nor in Brisbane when my kids were 5-10 years old. (A decade ago.)

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 1 Nov 2017 2:46 PM
sokorny - 1 Nov 2017 1:28 PM

I don't get it. Mum's are especially mental when it comes to giving chocolates and sweets out to their own kids and yet come Halloween all of that goes out the window.

Not only that exactly what is going on? 

Here you go little Jenny or Johnny, you go up to that stranger and he'll give you lollies?  WTF?

It's weird. And why are they getting lollies anyway?  What's the rationale?

I blame 'Modern Family' in large part.

And this definitely wasn't a thing when I was a kid in regional NSW nor in Brisbane when my kids were 5-10 years old. (A decade ago.)

Traditionally it was called "trick and treat" ... that is the kids would perform a "trick" (a dance, song etc. to ward off bad spirits) and in return they'd be given a "treat" (traditionally these would have been more staple foods). Along the way it got transformed into trick or treat, and what constitutes a treat has changed with the times.

In regards to going up to strangers that is the problem ... your neighbours are strangers!! This is not the fault of Halloween but those of how our society is now structured. Surely something as innocent as trick or treating is a great way to overcome that problem, and meet your neighbours. My kids when trick or treating have discovered school mates that live around the block from them.
Billy the Fish
Billy the Fish
Fan
Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
You lot might as well do it properly and just become Catholics
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

WGMG: My computer appears to be cooked and I need assistance. Whenever I scroll with my mouse or touch pad the screen either zooms in or out. I cannot right-click to copy/paste or correct misspelled words on Word, it comes up with an error message (Although I can do it on this forum but not on Word). Whenever I click on a link on my browser it opens a new tab instead of changing the page I'm already viewing. I have no idea why this is occurring and would love some IT advice. 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

WGMG: When you see the most recent post in this thread is by Marconi, then click on it to see it isn't another chapter from the Asian roommate saga. Devastating.
pv4
pv4
Legend

Group: Moderators
[quote]
marconi101 - 1 Nov 2017 11:19 PM
(Although I can do it on this forum but not on Word)

If something works on this forum but not elsewhere I'm pretty sure something is really wrong. 
Billy the Fish
Billy the Fish
Fan
Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
marconi101 - 1 Nov 2017 11:19 PM
WGMG: My computer appears to be cooked and I need assistance. Whenever I scroll with my mouse or touch pad the screen either zooms in or out. I cannot right-click to copy/paste or correct misspelled words on Word, it comes up with an error message (Although I can do it on this forum but not on Word). Whenever I click on a link on my browser it opens a new tab instead of changing the page I'm already viewing. I have no idea why this is occurring and would love some IT advice. 

The zoom thingy is what happens when you scroll whilst the Ctrl key is being held down.  Maybe check for rogue items invading the bottom left corner of your keyboard. 
Or maybe your housemate has found somewhere to place his current piece of chewing gum.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

The tried and tested tactic of turning the system off and on has proven successful yet again, praise to the Great Attractor 

sokorny
sokorny
Pro

marconi101 - 2 Nov 2017 12:34 PM
The tried and tested tactic of turning the system off and on has proven successful yet again, praise to the Great Attractor 

I'd also check that all your drivers are up-to-date too. Also with my notebook if I plug in an external mouse and then unplug it the pad then plays up for me. A restart fixes it.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Wgmg: the job the recruitment  agency  forwarded  my resume to has gone cold. Oh well migjr never know . Still might  get  a call
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 9 Nov 2017 4:32 PM
Wgmg: the job the recruitment  agency  forwarded  my resume to has gone cold. Oh well migjr never know . Still might  get  a call

Telling you now. You won't. 

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

The mobile part of this website still not fixed. Get off your fuckin arses and do something about it 442 you slack    - oops, I just ate my own poop...s.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

WGMG: Joined a new gym a couple of months back and the PT's at this gym are fucked, all of them will be entering Snap City very soon. 

This lady yesterday started off at 40KG and worked her way up to 130Kg and every single set was fucked. I've never seen someone's back look like that before, good god it was like that thing from Alien vs Predator was trying to escape. 
Aljay
Aljay
Pro

Changed jobs in the hope of bigger and better things and quickly realised I had made a massive mistake. Can’t go back either.

Fuckity.
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Fuck it, just a whole lot of shit that's been going on.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Edited
7 Years Ago by salmonfc
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: mate as asked me to sort out his bucks party. Yep no worries, it just started off as beer at his place as thats what he wanted. Easy. Sorted the date, a few kegs, entertainment etc etc.

Then they moved to her parents and rented out their place as the wedding is too expensive (over $75k, they don't have anything like that kind of thing its a status thing to his mrs) fuckers... so i cop a fee for the entertainment as we have no venue sorted yet and coming up to the time where they would want full fee for cancellation.

Eventually get a new venue and call entertainment they were cool enough to rebook a and not charge us the previous cancellation fee then the buck a after expressly asking for stripper says he (she) doesnt want it. Doesnt bother me except we do cop the fee. 

Was about to throw it all in but thought everything else is pretty much done. Get a phone call saying "hey the girls (just the mrs) wants the hens to meet up with the bucks (they are on seperate nights). Mates ok for the night to change so we can still have it at his and then move into town to meet hens party later on (id be in bed by then!) Spoke to girls who are organising hens, they we told we asked to meet up.

A week later we are asked to change weekend again. I say no...

The reason... she wants to be at the bucks. Just 1 female... herself... with 20 odd guys having a bbq and beer and hes not even allowed to do that without her.

I had written this rant about 3 weeks ago but kept forgetting to post so...

... as of today, she has pushed the wedding back to may, she can't fit in her dress and she hasn't crushed the future husbands soul yet.

I quit bucks party duties as i will be having a baby in feb so... although i went through some drama, some other sucker has to deal with it. 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

scubaroo - 22 Nov 2017 12:59 AM
WGMG: mate as asked me to sort out his bucks party. Yep no worries, it just started off as beer at his place as thats what he wanted. Easy. Sorted the date, a few kegs, entertainment etc etc.

Then they moved to her parents and rented out their place as the wedding is too expensive (over $75k, they don't have anything like that kind of thing its a status thing to his mrs) fuckers... so i cop a fee for the entertainment as we have no venue sorted yet and coming up to the time where they would want full fee for cancellation.

Eventually get a new venue and call entertainment they were cool enough to rebook a and not charge us the previous cancellation fee then the buck a after expressly asking for stripper says he (she) doesnt want it. Doesnt bother me except we do cop the fee. 

Was about to throw it all in but thought everything else is pretty much done. Get a phone call saying "hey the girls (just the mrs) wants the hens to meet up with the bucks (they are on seperate nights). Mates ok for the night to change so we can still have it at his and then move into town to meet hens party later on (id be in bed by then!) Spoke to girls who are organising hens, they we told we asked to meet up.

The reason... she wants to be at the bucks. Just 1 female... herself... with 20 odd guys having a bbq and beer and hes not even allowed to do that without her.

... as of today, she has pushed the wedding back to may, she can't fit in her dress and she hasn't crushed the future husbands soul yet.

I quit bucks party duties as i will be having a baby in feb so... although i went through some drama, some other sucker has to deal with it. 

What a bunch of arse.  Sounds like you dodged a bullet in the end.

Him, not so much.

Member since 2008.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 22 Nov 2017 7:57 AM

What a bunch of arse.  Sounds like you dodged a bullet in the end.

Him, not so much.

Look hes a great bloke, and im not the kind of guy to have issues with friends partners or anything but this girl who i knew for 10 years before they got together has broken him. 
For the first few years he stayed with her because she financially bailed him out. Then he wanted out but didn't have the balls. About 6 months ago she turned "vegan" still has the leather handbags and shoes etc... but made him go vegan, this is a guy that could sit in front of his smoker for 12 hours cooking brisket.
Then he confided in a friend that he wanted out probably 2 months ago... crazy!
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

What a dickless loser. He's clearly married a headcase. The bride-to-be attending the bucks party? Bloody hell, let me guess, if he asked to attend the hens party he'd be rebuffed by his master. That man needs to drop the deadweight, eat some bacon and take control of his own life. Tie his submissive ass down and feed him rants of Patrice O'Neal and Bill Burr 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search