You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
scott21 - 23 Oct 2017 7:44 PM
WGMG: When you order a burger w/ chips at the pub and the chips taste like fish because they use the same fryer to make fish n chips

WGMG at pubs are restaurant prices on sub par pub food. 

You're a pub FFS, stop wanking yourself half to death and make me a good parmi that doesn't cost $28.00.

Member since 2008.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
WGMG: 'parmi'

Edited
7 Years Ago by jlm8695
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
jlm8695 - 24 Oct 2017 10:05 AM

Special place in hell, m9
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Only Mexicans call it a parma

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 24 Oct 2017 10:33 AM

Only Mexicans call it a parma

-PB

Potayto potahto.

https://www.qt.com.au/polls/do-you-call-chicken-parmigiana-parma-or-parmi/14318/

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/24ga4x/parma_or_parmy_let_the_fight_begin/

Note: first link from a QLD newspaper website.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Billy the Fish
Billy the Fish
Fan
Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)Fan (64 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Parmi/Parma  - pffffft

Why does only Queensland have real Gingernuts ?

Arnott's bakes four different ginger nuts (from left) Victoria, Queensland, SA/WA/NT and NSW/ACT.

Four varieties of Arnott's ginger nut biscuits

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Billy the Fish - 25 Oct 2017 1:01 PM
Parmi/Parma  - pffffft

Why does only Queensland have real Gingernuts ?

Arnott's bakes four different ginger nuts (from left) Victoria, Queensland, SA/WA/NT and NSW/ACT.

Four varieties of Arnott's ginger nut biscuits

I'd have to see them in person and compare to what my mrs buys but I am in NSW and I don't recall our ginger nuts being that light.. if you asked me which was NSW I would have said furthest left or 3rd from left. 
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

pv4 - 25 Oct 2017 1:18 PM
Billy the Fish - 25 Oct 2017 1:01 PM

I'd have to see them in person and compare to what my mrs buys but I am in NSW and I don't recall our ginger nuts being that light.. if you asked me which was NSW I would have said furthest left or 3rd from left. 

I work with a team in Brisbane and was up there last week. Brought up SA ginger nut biscuits as a gift for them :laugh:

I actually don't mind the Queensland ones, they're much thinner and have a sweeter taste. My colleagues there however preferred the SA ones on both taste and thickness. Much better for dunking in hot tea/coffee.

Haven't been to NSW or Vic since I found out about the differences but I'm keen to try now :) 

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Edited
7 Years Ago by mcjules
Muz
Muz
Legend

mcjules - 25 Oct 2017 2:10 PM
pv4 - 25 Oct 2017 1:18 PM

I work with a team in Brisbane and was up there last week. Brought up SA ginger nut biscuits as a gift for them :laugh:

I actually don't mind the Queensland ones, they're much thinner and have a sweeter taste. My colleagues there however preferred the SA ones on both taste and thickness. Much better for dunking in hot tea/coffee.

Haven't been to NSW or Vic since I found out about the differences but I'm keen to try now :) 

Except knowing that they taste horrible I had no idea they made different ones for different states.

Are there other biscuits made differently for different areas?

Member since 2008.

salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

WGMG: Mental health is declining again. Losing friendships. Fuck.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

salmonfc - 25 Oct 2017 7:48 PM
WGMG: Mental health is declining again. Losing friendships. Fuck.

It's always an uphill battle. That I can guarantee. The hard part is keeping the course, but you have to keep at it. I reckon you need a break somewhere. Trust me, it does some good. I just got back from my trip, and feel quite refreshed. 
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

zimbos_05 - 25 Oct 2017 10:48 PM
salmonfc - 25 Oct 2017 7:48 PM

It's always an uphill battle. That I can guarantee. The hard part is keeping the course, but you have to keep at it. I reckon you need a break somewhere. Trust me, it does some good. I just got back from my trip, and feel quite refreshed. 

I was going to be going to Colac in December to visit my grandparents, but that's been cancelled. I'm stuck here.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

People who accuse you for being a try hard cos you froth spicey foods. It's not my fault you're a weak POS. 

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 24 Oct 2017 9:42 AM
scott21 - 23 Oct 2017 7:44 PM

WGMG at pubs are restaurant prices on sub par pub food. 

You're a pub FFS, stop wanking yourself half to death and make me a good parmi that doesn't cost $28.00.

Both these irritate me no end!
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

TheSelectFew - 26 Oct 2017 1:12 PM
People who accuse you for being a try hard cos you froth spicey foods. It's not my fault you're a weak POS. 

Seriously? As in someone has seriously called you a try hard for liking spicy food?
That's just idiotic

Muz
Muz
Legend

Davide82 - 26 Oct 2017 2:20 PM

Seriously? As in someone has seriously called you a try hard for liking spicy food?
That's just idiotic

Hahaha.  Happened to me about a fortnight ago.  I love spicy food.  Usually it goes Mild, Medium, Hot, Very hot or Thai hot (for a Thai restaurant) or Indian hot for an Indian joint.

I always go for 'Thai' or 'Indian' hot only to hear from the bloke I was with 'there always has to be one hero'.  

I'm no zealot though.  You still have to be able to taste your food.  I'd never sit in on a chilli eating competition for instance.

Member since 2008.

Edited
pv4
pv4
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 26 Oct 2017 2:35 PM
Davide82 - 26 Oct 2017 2:20 PM

Hahaha.  Happened to me about a fortnight ago.  I love spicy food.  Usually it goes Mild, Medium, Hot, Very hot or Thai hot (for a Thai restaurant) or Indian hot for an Indian joint.

I always go for 'Thai' or 'Indian' hot only to hear from the bloke I was with 'there always has to one hero'.  

I'm no zealot though.  You still have to be able to taste your food.  I'd never sit in on a chilli eating competition for instance.

Funnily enough my local Thai place does notoriously hot green curry.. and every time I ring up and ask for green they give the standard "just letting you know our green curry is quite spicy" and I always reply "i'm the spicier-the-better guy" and they the dude always reply with "i got you, mi amigo". We have a special bond :lol:
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Yep. Fine line between awesomely hot and the point where it takes over the taste too much.

That's only happened to me twice where i was just sweating bullets and felt a heart attack was a genuine possible end to a meal. Once in London and once here when i was at an intimate dinner with partner and a friend I had never met.
I didn't make a great first impression let's just say that with my panting, asking for more water (mistake obviously), asking for spare serviettes to wipe my brow. Have you seen the curb your enthusiasm episode that happens? That's what I was like. I was a state.

Got through the plate though aha
Muz
Muz
Legend

Davide82 - 26 Oct 2017 2:47 PM
Yep. Fine line between awesomely hot and the point where it takes over the taste too much.

That's only happened to me twice where i was just sweating bullets and felt a heart attack was a genuine possible end to a meal. Once in London and once here when i was at an intimate dinner with partner and a friend I had never met.
I didn't make a great first impression let's just say that with my panting, asking for more water (mistake obviously), asking for spare serviettes to wipe my brow. Have you seen the curb your enthusiasm episode that happens? That's what I was like. I was a state.

Got through the plate though aha

Brilliant.  Had a few beers at the pub and after we went to a Thai restaurant where they know me and when I asked for spicy she said 'how spicy?'

Being 4 schooners in I made the mistake of saying 'don't muck about like last time and spice it RIGHT UP !"

Anyone that's fried fresh chilli (that's spicy hot) in a wok knows that it immediately makes a gas that causes you to cough uncontrollably.  Not only did the kitchen and waitstaff start to cough the rest of the punters (was only a small restaurant) started to cough as well.

The first mouthful felt like molten lava had been poured down my throat but of course having mouthed off I had to finish the bloody thing and pretend I was enjoying it.  The chef kept poking his head out to see how I was coping too.

Bloody funny.  (Well not the next day.)

Member since 2008.

Edited
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Aha awesome.
I was in a small nightclub once where someone let off a pepper spray canister and it was the same thing.

I love when the chilli cooking makes you cough. Freaks people out too when im cooking for them and it happens but it can happen from a relatively small amount too and if it's a big pasta sauce or something it spreads out obviously.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Went to an Indian place in New York and had some spinach beef dish. It was just saturated in spicy stuff I needed 3 lassies to get the mouth cooled down. 
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

I've never been to an Indian, Thai or Mexican with food spicy enough to destroy my tongue. Please tell me where these ultra hot places are.

Crazy wing (Name of the spiciest chicken and also the restaurant) on Russell Street is the spiciest food I've had at a restaurant. Managed to do 3 skewers on two separate occasions (6 wings). The record is over 20 now IIRC.

E

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Fark em

I put habernero sauce on almost all my sandwiches or jalapenos. 

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

BETHFC - 24 Oct 2017 8:35 AM
paulbagzFC - 23 Oct 2017 2:56 PM

It makes it even better, particularly when you have the 20-something social justice warriors getting fired up about some perceived injustice aimed at young people.

Probably the wrong thread to say so, but I love that the BA punches pretty evenly between leftists and conservatives. The types of people they take the piss out of are spot-on as well...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

salmonfc - 26 Oct 2017 11:09 AM
zimbos_05 - 25 Oct 2017 10:48 PM

I was going to be going to Colac in December to visit my grandparents, but that's been cancelled. I'm stuck here.

Thats disappointing, but maybe find a new place, even if it is close by. Just somewhere where you can switch off for a day or two and refresh a bit. 
I know it's easier said than done, but I promise you that it can help you, and sometimes we just need to take the small steps and build on them. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 26 Oct 2017 10:14 PM
BETHFC - 24 Oct 2017 8:35 AM

Probably the wrong thread to say so, but I love that the BA punches pretty evenly between leftists and conservatives. The types of people they take the piss out of are spot-on as well...

I left BA yesterday after watching dropkicks have a go at a bloke for posting photos and criticising someone who spray painted "Saturdays are for the boys" with a picture of a dick on a Skate ramp. Kids use skate parks and it's vandalism.

BA isn't what it used to be and the posts of people celebrating dumb shit increased to the point where it was just pointless to keep following it.

BA is good as a support group for fathers being ruined in every possible way by vindictive women and a system that doesn't care about their welfare.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: halloween... its not a thing here, can we move on.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

scubaroo - 30 Oct 2017 11:03 PM
WGMG: halloween... its not a thing here, can we move on.

Yeah but things like Today and Coles are trying to make it a thing.

It will be a thing well and truly here within 5 years.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 31 Oct 2017 9:29 AM

-PB

No it won't

Muz
Muz
Legend

paulbagzFC - 31 Oct 2017 9:29 AM

-PB

WGMG:  Whenever you say it's a load of Seppo bullshit some wanker tells you it's actually a druid, pagan, solstice blah blah festival from ancient times etc etc.

Fuck off.

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search