You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Wgmg: feeling hopeless and worthless. Used to enjoy waking up and going to work. Lately I've been waking up crying and in immense terror. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 26 May 2019 3:55 PM
scubaroo - 26 May 2019 1:40 PM

Fox Sports is dead.

-PB

Football wise it is, streaming in Geelong is almost impossible, the infrastructure in this area means streaming is impossible. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 May 2019 5:09 PM
Wgmg: feeling hopeless and worthless. Used to enjoy waking up and going to work. Lately I've been waking up crying and in immense terror. 

Fark. Hope you feel better soon.
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Man, I'm so really sorry to hear this.

I know we have our differences, but I am sad to hear you are in this state.

Please, please, you need to speak to someone about this. To a significant other, best mate, or family member. Someone you can trust. Maybe even a mentor at work, because you need to resolve this anxiety soon.

i am no expert but I hope you feel better real soon.

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

My guess is that your issues are work related, and if so I suggest you start looking for a job elsewhere. 
Stick around if you need the money, but make it a daily routine looking for work somewhere else where you can have a new fresh start. However if you don't desperately need the money than out in your resignation and start looking elsewhere immediately. 
There's no point working at a place you hate to be at to the point it makes you feel that shit, or scared to show up. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Mate, as others have posted, please get some advise/help, this is not good reading.

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
WGMG: Fucked my knee. Mri scans today - hoping to receive the all clear but my GP reckons I've torn my medial meniscus.  
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

jlm8695 - 29 May 2019 10:45 AM
WGMG: Fucked my knee. Mri scans today - hoping to receive the all clear but my GP reckons I've torn my medial meniscus.  

shame and annoying ! all the best.
WGMG : I feel your pain, still doing rehab on my last Aug acl/menicus repair.
Had my first couple of kick arounds last couple of weeks, still feeling some pain being its my planted leg that go opped.
The slight twist and follow through to kick the ball is trying :(
I'm so hanging out to get back on the pitch looking like next season :(

Love Football

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Update.  My anxiety and stress have gotten much worse. Not gonna lie this is the worse I've ever had this. I have to suck it up because work mates and bosses dont care. 
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 29 May 2019 7:57 PM
Update.  My anxiety and stress have gotten much worse. Not gonna lie this is the worse I've ever had this. I have to suck it up because work mates and bosses dont care. 

Are you sure your bosses don't care?

They have an obligation to provide you with a safe work environment by law. Write to them and tell them you have anxiety. Maybe they will help you. If they don't then please seek professional advice about stress leave. If your workplace really don't care then even look to get the hell out and find another job.

I don't know your circumstances but good luck...Get some assistance. It's important.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

what kind of a workplace are you in, for forgetting fellow workers the Boss/leader should be observing what is going on.
Get to your GP pronto for starters.

Love Football

Podiacide
Podiacide
Rising Star
Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)Rising Star (798 reputation)

Really sorry to hear that mate.
There is no worse feeling than having to go to a job you hate that is causing you severe anxiety, stress and depression.
I'm in a very similar situation myself - waiting for probation period to end in 2 weeks. I've done everything else by the book raising these issues but until I pass probation am I going to try and really enforce it formally. Till then I'm a stressed mess. Had 3 job offers at the time and chose this and they totally lied to me about the nature of the role. 
Hang in there Arsenal and yes please go and seek help - dont suffer in silence.

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Really sorry to hear this and I hope your situation improves. As other posters have suggested, please get some help.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: Getting a kidney stone removed (disintegrated) tomorrow, it's been there for 4 months!

Not looking forward to the procedure, well, i guess it's fine, just a little stomach churning thinking about how they do it. 
sub007
sub007
World Class

WGMG: Stuck in hospital and being bored shitless.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Update. Boss saw what was happening at work and pulled up the worker . He goes you made two of the full timers really upset . He then tells worker that he doesnt mind his input or help but he tends to go to far and it becomes bullying . Also going to see my psych for my anxiety  and depression.  Small steps
sub007
sub007
World Class

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 31 May 2019 4:20 PM
Update. Boss saw what was happening at work and pulled up the worker . He goes you made two of the full timers really upset . He then tells worker that he doesnt mind his input or help but he tends to go to far and it becomes bullying . Also going to see my psych for my anxiety  and depression.  Small steps

Good to hear. Hopefully things continue to get better.
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Good news.

Yes, you need to see medical experts. They have seen this all before and its super common so its not like you are on your own. They can probably get you some needed time off too to sort stuff out.

Bullying is very rampant in this country. Government needs to do something.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

sub007 - 31 May 2019 2:59 PM
WGMG: Stuck in hospital and being bored shitless.

Sporcle website might be something to kill the time. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Excellent. The more you learn about what creates these feelings the better equipped you'll be to deal with it. Knowledge is power. The mind is such a fascinating thing. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Excellent to hear. I wish you the best. 

If it makes you feel any better I'm going through some very similar anxiety stuff as well atm. Made worse that a couple of my friends are in situations that are 10 times worse than mine and, as a result, I feel like its selfish to bring it up with people that I'm closest to. It fkn sucks, but this forum provides a momentary reprieve from all that. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Point is lots of us have anxiety, depression etc. You are not alone.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 1 Jun 2019 3:24 AM

sydneyfc1987 - 1 Jun 2019 3:23 AM

Excellent to hear. I wish you the best. 

If it makes you feel any better I'm going through some very similar anxiety stuff as well atm. Made worse that a couple of my friends are in situations that are 10 times worse than mine and, as a result, I feel like its selfish to bring it up with people that I'm closest to. It fkn sucks, but this forum provides a momentary reprieve from all that. 

You shouldn't look at it as a negative and instead be grateful your issue is nowhere near as bad as those around you, but you shouldn't hide it, there's nothing wrong with mentioning it, just as long as you don't start comparing your issues, because that's the only time your mates would be upset with you. 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

WGMG: Weeing blood... (see previous complaining post) hopefully it is worth it. 

Also can vouch for sporcle... great time killer
sub007
sub007
World Class

johnszasz - 31 May 2019 10:34 PM
sub007 - 31 May 2019 2:59 PM

Sporcle website might be something to kill the time. 

Cheers for the recommendation.
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
sub007 - 3 Jun 2019 4:41 PM
johnszasz - 31 May 2019 10:34 PM

Cheers for the recommendation.

If you want to burn some time it could be worth watching the NPL, most of the NPL is streamed on Youtube and you can watch most of the games from each round from the start of the NPL season now at the respective NPL Youtube pages.

sub007
sub007
World Class

JoyfulPenguin - 3 Jun 2019 7:41 PM
sub007 - 3 Jun 2019 4:41 PM

If you want to burn some time it could be worth watching the NPL, most of the NPL is streamed on Youtube and you can watch most of the games from each round from the start of the NPL season now at the respective NPL Youtube pages.

Cheers, might watch an NPL SA game this weekend.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 1 Jun 2019 3:24 AM

Not being facetious here but is being happy ALL of the time actually normal?

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

As for anxisety.  There is nothing wrong with anxiety as such just how you respond to it.

If you're anxious because you have an upcoming exam that's normal. If that anxiety motivates you to study and revise that's good. If you curl up into the foetal position well that's bad.

As an aside my boy is in year 10 at school and he was saying that they have to make a presentation in front of the class.

Because we live in 'interesting times' those that are 'anxious' are allowed to make their presentations one on one with the teacher!?

I have a whole bunch to say about that.

Member since 2008.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 4 Jun 2019 2:37 PM
As for anxisety.  There is nothing wrong with anxiety as such just how you respond to it.

If you're anxious because you have an upcoming exam that's normal. If that anxiety motivates you to study and revise that's good. If you curl up into the foetal position well that's bad.

As an aside my boy is in year 10 at school and he was saying that they have to make a presentation in front of the class.

Because we live in 'interesting times' those that are 'anxious' are allowed to make their presentations one on one with the teacher!?

I have a whole bunch to say about that.

I remember my sister wouldnt do any public speaking at school so she was allowed to do it one on one... she finished high school in the early 90s, i finished in 2002 and there were students who did the same thing. So its hardly new. 

I was always anxious with public speaking so i made sure i went first,  nothing to compare it with so i can't get even more stressed AND it's over and done with. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search