You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 13 Nov 2019 9:39 AM
Captain Haddock - 13 Nov 2019 9:20 AM

You know that this comments fits the stereotype yeah?

He's kind of right though. 

"Ok boomer" is the millennial equivalent of boomers saying they studied at the 'university of life". 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 12 Nov 2019 10:26 PM
Captain Haddock - 12 Nov 2019 2:25 PM

https://www.theage.com.au/national/this-is-not-normal-what-s-different-about-the-nsw-mega-fires-20191110-p5395e.html?fbclid=IwAR2m1OTxDRiQfZg5LUJycUvJNGMQVQZ8o8saRPu5mewwlWuPOG5zNig9f6g

"Warmer, drier conditions with higher fire danger are preventing agencies from conducting as much hazard reduction burning – it is often either too wet, or too dry and windy to burn safely. Blaming "greenies" for stopping these important measures is a familiar, populist, but basically untrue claim."

Since 2014 NSW has also had the 10/50 rule which allows residents on bushfire prone land to clear trees and underlying vegetation without approval.

This "greenie" nonsense is a total fabrication.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 13 Nov 2019 12:26 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 13 Nov 2019 9:39 AM

He's kind of right though. 

"Ok boomer" is the millennial equivalent of boomers saying they studied at the 'university of life". 

You do know that its because the generation  before mine  kept on mocking us gen yers  and no good gor nothings.  They also tend to forget the oldest  millennial is in their late 30s . I'm a millennial  with 3 kids . 
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 12 Nov 2019 7:27 PM
mouflonrouge - 12 Nov 2019 1:20 PM

6 thousand years.

Obviously the world didn't exist before then.

Who told you that?

You know, people who make quotes like you don't have much between the years. The Old and New testament was never meant to be literal and when they refer to years no one knows exactly what is meant by this. It could be in terms of the Holy Spirit that came down in Genesis to create.

6000 years could mean 6 Billion years in our terms, since the Holy Spirit is eternal. 6000 years is literally a tiny moment for the Holy Spirit in terms of creation. It's a tiny speck.

Edited
5 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 13 Nov 2019 9:20 AM
People who use 'oK bOoMeR' like it's some kind of epic smackdown and upvote it into the stratosphere when yet another group thinking mid-wit posts it. Imagine thinking you sound clever or funny when you say it, when (to anybody with an IQ above potato) you look like a child covering their ears going NA NA NA NA I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU ANYMORE!!! 

If you ever wanted confirmation that the NPC meme is based in reality, there it is...

Spot on!

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 13 Nov 2019 6:15 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 13 Nov 2019 12:26 PM

You do know that its because the generation  before mine  kept on mocking us gen yers  and no good gor nothings.  They also tend to forget the oldest  millennial is in their late 30s . I'm a millennial  with 3 kids . 

Look I thought it was funny at first but now its just as condescending and smug as your atypical boomer with three investment properties telling us millennials to "work harder if you want to get anywhere in life". 

It got old mighty quick. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

mouflonrouge - 13 Nov 2019 6:22 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 12 Nov 2019 7:27 PM

Who told you that?

You know, people who make quotes like you don't have much between the years. The Old and New testament was never meant to be literal and when they refer to years no one knows exactly what is meant by this. It could be in terms of the Holy Spirit that came down in Genesis to create.

6000 years could mean 6 Billion years in our terms, since the Holy Spirit is eternal. 6000 years is literally a tiny moment for the Holy Spirit in terms of creation. It's a tiny speck.

Oh I see!

Maybe you should apply the "never meant to be literal" part to some of your religiously influenced sociopolitical views and you won't be such an intolerant bigot. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 13 Nov 2019 6:52 PM
mouflonrouge - 13 Nov 2019 6:22 PM

Oh I see!

Maybe you should apply the "never meant to be literal" part to some of your religiously influenced sociopolitical views and you won't be such an intolerant bigot. 

What sociopolitical views?

My sociopolitical views are literal.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

johnszasz - 26 Dec 2018 12:43 AM
Pretty flat sort of Christmas with gf family in German village once again. Been together for 8 years and done it 6 times and 2 in Oz. Maybe I'm being a bit hard but I find it an average to poor sort of hosting. Could be better, could be worse. 

Great food but needed over 2 hours to open presents which gets pretty boring after a while with terrible jokes and a lethargic sort of mood. Clock had already hit 10pm when we normally get a game or something going. What's annoying is they sit there for a good half hour in a daze wondering what to play. No decisiveness and my firm suggestions fall upon deaf ears. During this time there are about 30 candles on sucking all the oxygen. I open a window and they moan the draught will make them sick. Don't get me started on Germans and draughts. 

Then time for bed. A bunch of adults need an hour to work out who can sleep where and daze about without any clear plan. Just find it totally odd. Their planning has intensity in all the wrong places. The food is essentially cooking on its own, table is set and everyone willing to help but there's this rejection of having others getting too involved. You don't want to laze on the couch and appear unwilling to help but you get ignored anyway. Stubbornness is probably the word here.

This year the water boiler has finally carked it after being installed in 1972. No tradesman understandably available until new year so most with washed faces and less refreshed. Yes, others are doing it much tougher but I can tell everyone is a bit grumbled by the washing issue.

We all come down to have some breakfast around 10am. German breakfast is easily the most over the top thing in existent. Hundreds of cheese and salami packets and raw fish with bread rolls. Juice, milk and water bottles scattered on the table. It's uncomfortably crowded with stuff everywhere which makes service yourself a chore. Over half the stuff isn't even touched. Once full everyone sits for about 30min with no idea what to say sipping their tea. Cue the odd anti brexit or USA is bad comment which just makes the atmosphere worse. It'd be nice if Germans were equally critical of all the issues their systems have here. They'll learn the hard way when they retire.

Games at midday but they're complicated and dull on a board which seems to have a trivial sort of goal. Logic based while everyone is tired is a bad call. 

It ebs and flows. Some moments lift up and it's a bit enjoyable and others drop down. There's just too much indecisiveness and a hint of stubbornness that leads to a low energy and boring sort of time. 

So how was your Christmas? 

Well it's been a year since that Christmas and I'm glad to say this year has been an improvement. I actually got a real bed instead of a mattress in the attic. Gift opening did take 2 hours but at the end someone brought the rest of the presents over and they were opened simultaneously.

Yeah I didn't explain last year. So, gifts are under the tree and a person gets up from the lounge on rotation to bring a gift over for someone else. It takes forever. 40 gifts with an average of 5min. Pick up, open, discuss, next. Thankfully this year even they were complaining about the air and warmth so I could open a window.

I've actually got a bug so I'll be up in bed skipping the terribly long breakfast. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Wgmg: Telstra.  So i upgraded my phone and contract to a month to month on a note 10+ but up until yesterday I was still on my old contract and was being charged my old contract fee .  I called them a lot since I found out about this crap 2 weeks after i got the phone.  Now they fixed it but blocked my SIM to certain numbers which i can message but cant call.  
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Dec 2019 11:43 PM
Wgmg: Telstra.  So i upgraded my phone and contract to a month to month on a note 10+ but up until yesterday I was still on my old contract and was being charged my old contract fee .  I called them a lot since I found out about this crap 2 weeks after i got the phone.  Now they fixed it but blocked my SIM to certain numbers which i can message but cant call.  

Telcos barely ever get it right when changing things over. There's always an issue with taking a phone number or switching to more speed or coverage. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

johnszasz - 27 Dec 2019 12:15 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Dec 2019 11:43 PM

Telcos barely ever get it right when changing things over. There's always an issue with taking a phone number or switching to more speed or coverage. 

Frustrating especially since I upgraded in September.  And the ombudsmen is closed until next week. 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: Hosted Christmas,  yeah yeah our mistake,  can't complain about all the work. Just hosted 2 of my wife's sisters,  her aunty and her mum. Not one single person offered to help or tidy or anything (yeah im complaining).

Anyhow... the presents... my daughter isnt even 2 yet (late feb) but from my wife's family she got one of those giant jeep cars, its huge, there's literally nowhere for her to use it and its easy beyond her age. Then she got 6... yes 6 cabbage patch dolls, now i don't know too much about them but my sister had one and i always thought you just had one... we bought her one for her 1st birthday as something to keep and look after,  they knew we were getting it,  so they bought one as well... fuckers, since then they are bought another 3... then the Christmas ones... that's 11 cabbage patch dolls.
Then a whole bunch of plastic shit. 
We did give them a list,  they knew what we were getting then they insisted they wanted to get an inflatable pool, which was what we were going to get,  right that's fine we said,  we're getting this $25 one, its 1.5m x 1.5m, they come a week before Christmas,  they got this $300 monstrosity,  its 4x5m, 2m high... what the actual fuck. We said no... Christmas day,  they toned it down to a 4x3m thing that's a water park type thing,  it doesn't even retain water... i have a sprinkler that can do the same thing. 

Ungrateful,  maybe... they spend literally thousands of dollars on junk a year for her,  and completely undermine us all of the time. These people are the worst. 
I can't even sell it,  its the kind of stuff that's worth nothing once opened. 

Ugh...
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

scubaroo - 27 Dec 2019 12:37 AM
WGMG: Hosted Christmas,  yeah yeah our mistake,  can't complain about all the work. Just hosted 2 of my wife's sisters,  her aunty and her mum. Not one single person offered to help or tidy or anything (yeah im complaining).

Anyhow... the presents... my daughter isnt even 2 yet (late feb) but from my wife's family she got one of those giant jeep cars, its huge, there's literally nowhere for her to use it and its easy beyond her age. Then she got 6... yes 6 cabbage patch dolls, now i don't know too much about them but my sister had one and i always thought you just had one... we bought her one for her 1st birthday as something to keep and look after,  they knew we were getting it,  so they bought one as well... fuckers, since then they are bought another 3... then the Christmas ones... that's 11 cabbage patch dolls.
Then a whole bunch of plastic shit. 
We did give them a list,  they knew what we were getting then they insisted they wanted to get an inflatable pool, which was what we were going to get,  right that's fine we said,  we're getting this $25 one, its 1.5m x 1.5m, they come a week before Christmas,  they got this $300 monstrosity,  its 4x5m, 2m high... what the actual fuck. We said no... Christmas day,  they toned it down to a 4x3m thing that's a water park type thing,  it doesn't even retain water... i have a sprinkler that can do the same thing. 

Ungrateful,  maybe... they spend literally thousands of dollars on junk a year for her,  and completely undermine us all of the time. These people are the worst. 
I can't even sell it,  its the kind of stuff that's worth nothing once opened. 

Ugh...

As much as its their own call what to buy in the end,  are they the type that'd use the value of those gifts against you if you ever complained about something else? I can't stand people who use expensive gifts as a footing to justify 'you owe me' 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

johnszasz - 27 Dec 2019 10:33 PM
scubaroo - 27 Dec 2019 12:37 AM

As much as its their own call what to buy in the end,  are they the type that'd use the value of those gifts against you if you ever complained about something else? I can't stand people who use expensive gifts as a footing to justify 'you owe me' 

I don't mind if they buy something of their choosing, just run it by us... does she already have this? Does she really need 11 cabbage patch dolls, is an inflatable pool the size of 2 city blocks really appropriate.

On a side note,  they went to Melbourne a few weeks ago and i asked if they could grab something for me, something small i just can't get it where i live.
That was no problem, but they told my wife "oh don't give us any money we will get it for him for Christmas", me not trying to sound rude when my wife told me,  i was like "i actually want this now,  not in a months time" anyway... it came to Christmas day... i didn't get anything from them... yeah... turns out they just straight up didn't get it. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

scubaroo - 27 Dec 2019 10:56 PM
johnszasz - 27 Dec 2019 10:33 PM

I don't mind if they buy something of their choosing, just run it by us... does she already have this? Does she really need 11 cabbage patch dolls, is an inflatable pool the size of 2 city blocks really appropriate.

On a side note,  they went to Melbourne a few weeks ago and i asked if they could grab something for me, something small i just can't get it where i live.
That was no problem, but they told my wife "oh don't give us any money we will get it for him for Christmas", me not trying to sound rude when my wife told me,  i was like "i actually want this now,  not in a months time" anyway... it came to Christmas day... i didn't get anything from them... yeah... turns out they just straight up didn't get it. 

Yeah and then one wonders if this is perhaps a control issue. By not giving you something you need now they essential called the shot and got one up. Then they never got it in the end. FFS. Communication! I'm always on the ball and ask and say a lot. People say I'm too invested. It's more that experience has shown me how dazed people are when they're not in the loop then go off on massive detours for the most simple of tasks. Shit like 'oh I don't have any cash.' when it's time to pay at a restaurant or not having arranged a match ticket to a very popular game.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

WGMG:

Airlines and countries that insist on having 6 months expiry on your passport before letting you board.  Have return tickets, visas in place for everyone, 4 out of 5 of us with passports expiring off way into the future but one without (expires in April) has blown our holiday right up.

The equivalent would be having a 12 month gym membership but they won't let you use it after the 10th month.

Ridiculous.  The Aus gov will let you use your passport right up until the day it expires.  Seems there's 50 odd countries that won't though.  Sort of understand it if you were travelling on a one-way ticket and they're trying to stop over-stayers but as a family with return tickets?  Spuds !

Yes rookie error.

Member since 2008.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

johnszasz - 27 Dec 2019 11:01 PM
scubaroo - 27 Dec 2019 10:56 PM

Yeah and then one wonders if this is perhaps a control issue. By not giving you something you need now they essential called the shot and got one up. Then they never got it in the end. FFS. Communication! I'm always on the ball and ask and say a lot. People say I'm too invested. It's more that experience has shown me how dazed people are when they're not in the loop then go off on massive detours for the most simple of tasks. Shit like 'oh I don't have any cash.' when it's time to pay at a restaurant or not having arranged a match ticket to a very popular game.

Oh god, don't get me started on this, my brother-in-law is the worst for this
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

NicCarBel - 28 Dec 2019 2:16 PM
johnszasz - 27 Dec 2019 11:01 PM

Oh god, don't get me started on this, my brother-in-law is the worst for this

I'll elaborate. So 4 of us decide to go to an away game, say, Nürnberg. we chat in whatsapp and get it sorted quickly except one person doesn't want to book yet as they need to clarify things. We get told to go ahead with our booking and they'll sort their own train ticket later. 2 weeks pass and I ask whether they've organised a rail ticket- no. Eventually, probably a week out, I learn the person has arranged a train journey that will see them arrive 3 hours before kick off (seems like a lot but time flies).

This person has refused to be given an away match ticket at the previous home game in order to go straight to the ground and insists on us letting him into the hotel room to drop off luggage to save on a locker fee. Basically we agree and linger around, rush to the hotel and drop off the stuff. OK let's go to the stadium now. No wait, the person now wants to shower or is hungry and must have a sit down meal. FFS this shouldn't be my problem. Basically we've learnt to supply everything separately and the person can make their own way.

It gets worse then. 10min until our train departs and the person wants to join a long queue to get a pasta dish for the return journey. You'll simply never make it. Had we arrived with 30min to spare it could'v been easy. No sense of time or organisation.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

johnszasz - 29 Dec 2019 10:57 PM
NicCarBel - 28 Dec 2019 2:16 PM

I'll elaborate. So 4 of us decide to go to an away game, say, Nürnberg. we chat in whatsapp and get it sorted quickly except one person doesn't want to book yet as they need to clarify things. We get told to go ahead with our booking and they'll sort their own train ticket later. 2 weeks pass and I ask whether they've organised a rail ticket- no. Eventually, probably a week out, I learn the person has arranged a train journey that will see them arrive 3 hours before kick off (seems like a lot but time flies).

This person has refused to be given an away match ticket at the previous home game in order to go straight to the ground and insists on us letting him into the hotel room to drop off luggage to save on a locker fee. Basically we agree and linger around, rush to the hotel and drop off the stuff. OK let's go to the stadium now. No wait, the person now wants to shower or is hungry and must have a sit down meal. FFS this shouldn't be my problem. Basically we've learnt to supply everything separately and the person can make their own way.

It gets worse then. 10min until our train departs and the person wants to join a long queue to get a pasta dish for the return journey. You'll simply never make it. Had we arrived with 30min to spare it could'v been easy. No sense of time or organisation.

My wife once spotted her brother some money for a cab (we are in Canberra, he was on a trip to Batemans Bay), because him and his girlfriend decided to take a bus from Batemans Bay to Moruya at 7pm. They didn't realise it was the last bus, and they had no money.

Another time, he had recently broken up with said girlfriend and she kicked him out of their place (her fault), so he decided to spend time with his mate that moved to Cooma. He bought and paid for a bus ticket to get there on Thursday. While he was there, said mate talked him into driving him and his girlfriend (BIL had a licence, no car. Friend had car, but no licence), to the coast to see his family for his sisters birthday. At the coast, he kept sending my wife messages complaining how he couldn't sleep and didn't want to be there because he was still sad about the break up, and expected us to pick him up from the coast. We told him no, so he drove everyone back to Cooma on Sunday. And I got forced to pick him up from Cooma late on Sunday night. On the way back he told me he had a bus ticket back to Canberra for lunchtime Monday smh
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

I've come across a few people lately who say they don't care about money. I find it interesting because they'd have to be in a comfortable position. To me the statement reads they have enough to afford nearly anything they want.

Money certainly isn't everything but I find those who try to do well with what they have and keep getting whacked with emergency expenses, stagnant wages, and ever increasing cost of living don't appreciate how some just brush it off. 

While I'm glad people can do well under the current cost of living it really bugs me how much attitude they need to have when saying it.  One rent increase and a few raised insurance premiums while being pounded with medical, childcare and energy bills that make it harder to afford that more expensive holiday or item and I bet they'll suddenly start caring about it.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

johnszasz - 16 Jan 2020 11:50 PM
I've come across a few people lately who say they don't care about money. I find it interesting because they'd have to be in a comfortable position. To me the statement reads they have enough to afford nearly anything they want.

Money certainly isn't everything but I find those who try to do well with what they have and keep getting whacked with emergency expenses, stagnant wages, and ever increasing cost of living don't appreciate how some just brush it off. 

While I'm glad people can do well under the current cost of living it really bugs me how much attitude they need to have when saying it.  One rent increase and a few raised insurance premiums while being pounded with medical, childcare and energy bills that make it harder to afford that more expensive holiday or item and I bet they'll suddenly start caring about it.

I don't understand how people can be with money. 
I just got let down by some normally reliable mates who as a couple both work mid range public service positions.  Who rent together,  but have just realised that can't do a 1 week trip to bali, even though my wife and i live off the equivalent of one of their wages, with a child,  have to commute further,  have a mortgage and am still able to do alot of things,  but for them its just too hard.

We aren't incredibly strict,  we go out for dinner and do things and whatever but these guys literally have no savings. when it comes to money they are dire, the usual fortnightly cycle of spend big on pay day then ramen for the last 3 days of the fortnight. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

scubaroo - 17 Jan 2020 12:35 AM

I don't understand how people can be with money. 
I just got let down by some normally reliable mates who as a couple both work mid range public service positions.  Who rent together,  but have just realised that can't do a 1 week trip to bali, even though my wife and i live off the equivalent of one of their wages, with a child,  have to commute further,  have a mortgage and am still able to do alot of things,  but for them its just too hard.

We aren't incredibly strict,  we go out for dinner and do things and whatever but these guys literally have no savings. when it comes to money they are dire, the usual fortnightly cycle of spend big on pay day then ramen for the last 3 days of the fortnight. 

Renting means they're definitely not mortgaged up to their eyeballs. I guess you can get some insight but checking out all the devices, fittings and furniture in the home. Perhaps they blew 5k on a sofa. 

It's baffling though when those who clearly earn much higher than yourself seem to not have much disposable income? Where does it go every month? 

I've always been quite frugal and the way cost of living is creeping up in Germany is concerning. An already low wage country with a traditionally reasonable cost of living has seen people have a lot less to spend. Add the excruciating low interest rates and the banks, insurers and anyone else who can simply gouge the consumer.

I suppose beer has crept up at a normal rate from 3.30 for 0.5L to 4.60. Around 30% inflation over 10 years, normal enough I guess. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

johnszasz - 17 Jan 2020 2:00 AM

Renting means they're definitely not mortgaged up to their eyeballs. I guess you can get some insight but checking out all the devices, fittings and furniture in the home. Perhaps they blew 5k on a sofa. 

It's baffling though when those who clearly earn much higher than yourself seem to not have much disposable income? Where does it go every month? 

I've always been quite frugal and the way cost of living is creeping up in Germany is concerning. An already low wage country with a traditionally reasonable cost of living has seen people have a lot less to spend. Add the excruciating low interest rates and the banks, insurers and anyone else who can simply gouge the consumer.

I suppose beer has crept up at a normal rate from 3.30 for 0.5L to 4.60. Around 30% inflation over 10 years, normal enough I guess. 

They share 1 car,  almost all furniture is 2nd hand. I honestly think they blow all their money on food and after work drinks. But i don't understand how it can be all of it,  they are earning approximately $80k more than us a year.  Its insane because they have NOTHING to show for it. Shes had two small eurotrips in 5 years, total of about 10 weeks and hes been to Thailand once,  so you can't blow it on holidays.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

johnszasz - 17 Jan 2020 2:00 AM

A fool and his money are soon parted. Being smart with money and rich are two different things. Its very easy to spend/waste money and if people aren't financially disciplined, you can end up buying a lot of unnecessary things (although they might think its necessary). 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

'money doesn't buy happiness but it rents a pretty good version'

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Wgmg: payday loans.  I was litterally struggling for money for a long time and found out payday loans . They're scummy . And should be outlawed.  They pray on the vulnerable 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 18 Jan 2020 6:04 PM
Wgmg: payday loans.  I was litterally struggling for money for a long time and found out payday loans . They're scummy . And should be outlawed.  They pray on the vulnerable 

This. Although longer ones aren't "too bad"
I've had to take a 1 year one to cover some strata fees that crept up while I was taking care of my wife in hospital and we ran out of sick leave and they threatened legal action if we didn't pay up, and were being arseholes about a payment arrangement. And considering the banks weren't helping with a loan top up to cover it..
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

NicCarBel - 18 Jan 2020 9:18 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 18 Jan 2020 6:04 PM

This. Although longer ones aren't "too bad"
I've had to take a 1 year one to cover some strata fees that crept up while I was taking care of my wife in hospital and we ran out of sick leave and they threatened legal action if we didn't pay up, and were being arseholes about a payment arrangement. And considering the banks weren't helping with a loan top up to cover it..

Problem with pay day loans is the intrest they charge.  I still am on two and im trying to pay off both.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Jan 2020 6:37 PM
NicCarBel - 18 Jan 2020 9:18 PM

Problem with pay day loans is the intrest they charge.  I still am on two and im trying to pay off both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDylgzybWAw

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search