You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Munrubenmuz - 27 Jul 2020 2:27 PM
ErogenousZone - 27 Jul 2020 2:14 PM

Still doesn't mean it should be deleted.  And I say that as someone who took a pasting in that thread.

It's very ordinary that such a polarising contributor can have such a disproportionate influence on the forums.

Is this perhaps the first step before Decentric is reappointed a mod?

I notice his name never was deleted from the mod team list.  (Only his wasn't bolded.)

Time to prepare for the end of days lads.

bet he still has the joyful penguin mod account going

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

AJF - 28 Jul 2020 2:22 PM

bet he still has the joyful penguin mod account going

It is concerning.  And more than coincidental.

Just waiting now for posts to be modified, deleted and posters getting warnings for 'facetious' threads.

Member since 2008.

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 28 Jul 2020 2:55 PM
AJF - 28 Jul 2020 2:22 PM

It is concerning.  And more than coincidental.

Just waiting now for posts to be modified, deleted and posters getting warnings for 'facetious' threads.

I'm still getting therapy from the last time he was a mod!

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Still doesn't mean it should be deleted.  And I say that as someone who took a pasting in that thread.

It's very ordinary that such a polarising contributor can have such a disproportionate influence on the forums.

Is this perhaps the first step before Decentric is reappointed a mod?

I notice his name never was deleted from the mod team list.  (Only his wasn't bolded.)

What's the mod team list?
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Out of everything that has and/or will happen on this forum, I never thought the multi speculation thread would be the hill we die on. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

paladisious - 29 Jul 2020 10:19 AM

What's the mod team list?

Down the bottom of the 'Australian Football' page there's a list of mods.

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend

pv4 - 29 Jul 2020 10:41 AM

Out of everything that has and/or will happen on this forum, I never thought the multi speculation thread would be the hill we die on. 

We all know what happened last time with the attempted purge of posters and the remoulding of the forum in what a certain 'esteemed' poster thought was 'best practice'.

I'm surprised there's no archiving of the forum where deleted threads can be resurrected.  (I don't profess to be a forum expert so maybe there isn't.)

Member since 2008.

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Jul 2020 10:44 AM
paladisious - 29 Jul 2020 10:19 AM

Down the bottom of the 'Australian Football' page there's a list of mods.

This was massively interesting to me, I didn't know that list existed. I am truly oblivious what the unbolded one means. 

Head to your feedback sub-forum thread for my update on the multi speculation thread mystery. 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Who even runs these forums anymore lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

The wording of one of my posts was altered once. Who the hell could have done that?
pv4
pv4
Legend

localstar - 29 Jul 2020 12:14 PM
The wording of one of my posts was altered once. Who the hell could have done that?

I am fairly sure only yourself and mods can change the wording of your posts. I don't know enough about the context of the post you're referring to in order to give more information sorry. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 25 Jul 2020 7:01 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 24 Jul 2020 1:15 PM

WGMG: Coon deciding to change their branding name because of a tiny (yet noisy) minority who think naming a cheese after the person who founded the company is simply problematic and unacceptable in The Current Year. Living in an age where the demand for actual racism outstrips the supply, of course there are going to be people who will milk shit like this (no matter how trivial) for all its' worth. But the biggest mistake is deferring to their wishes. No matter what you do, nothing will ever be enough to satisfy people who base their entire identity around being the victim. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8586871/Dr-Stephen-Hagan-Coon-scrapped-wants-Pauls-rename-Smarter-White-milk.html

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paladisious - 4 Aug 2020 11:01 AM
Captain Haddock - 25 Jul 2020 7:01 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8586871/Dr-Stephen-Hagan-Coon-scrapped-wants-Pauls-rename-Smarter-White-milk.html

#decolonisemilk 

Talk about lactose intolerance! Amirite fellow first year arts students?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend

WGMG:

Fuckheads that whinge all afternoon at the ref.  Honestly do these clowns not wonder why there's a shortage of refs after they carry on like tools for an hour and a half.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

When you click the like button on your post to see who liked it as it's the only way to check that and the forum software gives you a lecture as if you were trying to give it a like yourself: "Sorry, this is your own post! It's up to others to decide if they like or find your posts helpful."

Actually just the like, share and report buttons in general on this forum, they're so hidden I bet most users don't even notice them.

Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

paladisious - 4 Sep 2020 3:42 PM
When you click the like button on your post to see who liked it as it's the only way to check that and the forum software gives you a lecture as if you were trying to give it a like yourself: "Sorry, this is your own post! It's up to others to decide if they like or find your posts helpful."

Actually just the like, share and report buttons in general on this forum, they're so hidden I bet most users don't even notice them.

What like button?

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

I don't know how many other people notice the like buttons, so its probably me
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

petszk - 4 Sep 2020 4:30 PM

What like button?

On a computer put your mouse over a post and you should see the buttons appear at the bottom of the post. On a phone give a post a tap and the same thing happens. Your browser or device may be different, of course.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Whole forum software is garbo tbh

-PB

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

and another forum I frequent at least you can see without checking the link button who has done so.
Whereas this archive one when you like to see who has liked the post it registers you have done as well.
No I just wanted to see who did.
So backward.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

I'm just gonna like everyone's post now for funsies
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: the changes to regional victorias lockdown has sent us backwards. 

Last week we had a bubble with a household of 3 friends they are all around 30. It was good wed have beers etc it was great. 
This week the rules changed so that you can visit any household but only once a day. BUT the visitors can only be 2 adults plus their dependents (under 18) so people that would visit us last week,  can't visit us this week. 
WTF?!
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

WGMG: Not letting go of shit that isn't my fight. I hate watching people getting shat on @ work but then it's also not my place to burr up and cause issues on their behalf either.

Ugh.

-PB

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WGMG: Shitty bosses that can't run their business properly, my boss has had a contract with a major customer and for nearly 4 years it has been expired.  Yesterday they cut ties with us because my boss couldnt be bothered to cut a new deal with them even though they were happy to pay more. 
This customer was my one sole reason for being employed,  so now I'm out of a job. 
(I only worked 15 hours a week, as i am a stay at home dad mostly)

So disappointed considering i was told no less then 2 weeks ago that i was going to return to pre covid hours and she knew the customer was already going to leave from the sounds. So annoyed.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

scubaroo - 28 Dec 2020 2:18 PM
WGMG: Shitty bosses that can't run their business properly, my boss has had a contract with a major customer and for nearly 4 years it has been expired.  Yesterday they cut ties with us because my boss couldnt be bothered to cut a new deal with them even though they were happy to pay more. 
This customer was my one sole reason for being employed,  so now I'm out of a job. 
(I only worked 15 hours a week, as i am a stay at home dad mostly)

So disappointed considering i was told no less then 2 weeks ago that i was going to return to pre covid hours and she knew the customer was already going to leave from the sounds. So annoyed.

That sucks mate. I'm really sorry to hear it :(
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

that sucks scubaroo, chin up mate all the best.

Love Football

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

LFC. - 30 Dec 2020 10:00 AM
that sucks scubaroo, chin up mate all the best.

Worst thing is having to try to deal with centerlink. I now have to pull my daughter out of day care (she goes 1day a week)because i don't fulfill centerlinks fortnightly tasks because i have to wait 4 weeks for my claim to be looked at, so daycare goes from $25 a day to $120. Can't afford to take the punt on my claim being approved because it might not be and instead of paying $100 for a month of daycare (4 days) it would be $480.
She only goes because we have no one with kids her age.
Such bullshit that the child care subsidy can cater for 2 people working and earning up $280,000 but if a couple earns a 1/4 of that and suddenly one loses their job not only do they have to look for work,  they have to take their kid with them too.

Oh and once i take her out of day care its back to the end of a line it look us nearly 2 years to get to the front of. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

scubaroo - 12 Jan 2021 1:03 AM
LFC. - 30 Dec 2020 10:00 AM

Worst thing is having to try to deal with centerlink. I now have to pull my daughter out of day care (she goes 1day a week)because i don't fulfill centerlinks fortnightly tasks because i have to wait 4 weeks for my claim to be looked at, so daycare goes from $25 a day to $120. Can't afford to take the punt on my claim being approved because it might not be and instead of paying $100 for a month of daycare (4 days) it would be $480.
She only goes because we have no one with kids her age.
Such bullshit that the child care subsidy can cater for 2 people working and earning up $280,000 but if a couple earns a 1/4 of that and suddenly one loses their job not only do they have to look for work,  they have to take their kid with them too.

Oh and once i take her out of day care its back to the end of a line it look us nearly 2 years to get to the front of. 

Sorry to hear all this scubes

Can you find a temporary job like packing shelves at hours different to what your wife works in the meantime? 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro

pv4 - 12 Jan 2021 6:34 AM
scubaroo - 12 Jan 2021 1:03 AM

Sorry to hear all this scubes

Can you find a temporary job like packing shelves at hours different to what your wife works in the meantime? 

I'm hoping to,  just anything to get by,  it's not dire in the sense that we're running out of money but the daycare thing is a killer. To be fair i had a decent conversation with centerlink today and we should be able to still get the child care subsidy, we got alot of misinformation from the daycare, which isn't unusual. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

scubaroo - 12 Jan 2021 10:20 AM
pv4 - 12 Jan 2021 6:34 AM

I'm hoping to,  just anything to get by,  it's not dire in the sense that we're running out of money but the daycare thing is a killer. To be fair i had a decent conversation with centerlink today and we should be able to still get the child care subsidy, we got alot of misinformation from the daycare, which isn't unusual. 

My eldest corrects her daycare "educators" on their spelling of certain things :lol: so definitely seek proper advice when it comes to all of that. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search