Insomnia

Insomnia

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm just wondering how many people sit at their computers, unable to sleep, waiting for something to happen like i do. i'm guessing not many by the looks of things.
CWBush
CWBush
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Haha, I've been known to, but I manage to prise myself away from it on any night where I have work the next day. It's hard to be cheerful on less than eight hours sleep for me. :-p

Once I get my broadband back next week, though, I can't make any guarantees.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

cool thread afro

E

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 24 Aug 2016 7:22 PM
cool thread afro

9GABmeme420 - 24 Aug 2016 7:22 PM
cool thread afro

End yourself.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

i do have bouts of it which can last 6 months and its very very difficult especially when you get really tired in the morning and got shit to do, going to bed around 6 am every single day is not a good idea

T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

afromanGT - 13 May 2007 1:54 AM
I'm just wondering how many people sit at their computers, unable to sleep, waiting for something to happen like i do. i'm guessing not many by the looks of things.

Have you managed to get some sleep yet bro?? 
Edited
8 Years Ago by T-UNIT
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I work 4-5 days a week of shift work, but not regular hours. Some days I can be up at 7am for work a 9am-6pm before the next day having a 3pm-3am shift. It can really fuck with my body. Quite often I find on Sunday nights I can't sleep till 6-7-8am. 

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

I need medication and herbal supplements just to get to sleep and because the quality of sleep I'm getting is so low, I'm almost catatonic in the morning, I can't even stay awake if I've got my alarm going off and I'm almost always late for school as a result.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
When I was younger I had the worst issued with getting to sleep, would regular only get 3-4 hours a night. As I got older I started sleeping more but at fucked up hours, ie going to bed at 5am and waking up during the day.

Now I try to go to bed at around 11 if I can and getting up at 7. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

jlm8695 - 28 Aug 2016 6:30 PM
When I was younger I had the worst issued with getting to sleep, would regular only get 3-4 hours a night. As I got older I started sleeping more but at fucked up hours, ie going to bed at 5am and waking up during the day.

Normally get to bed at 1am and used to be awake til 3 or 4am to then have to get up at 7am for work. But my meds i have for tn have helped with my sleeping.  Still up till 1am but get to sleep quick and i keep in a good routine for days off, up around 9am.
Would hate the idea of relying on drugs for sleep though. I just can't see it ever being a good idea. 
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I've had massive insomnia over the years. The most effective thing I have found is Restavit tablets, which are non-prescription over the counter sleeping tablets. Half or a quarter of one of these 1 he before I go to sleep works a treat. Gotta be careful not to overdo it though. Once I was still awake at 2am, took a whole tablet and was still falling asleep at my desk at lunchtime.
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Scub, I've been taking Catapres to sleep since I was four, so I haven't known any other way of getting to sleep.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Probably a bit inconvenient, but go to the gym at 9/10pm at night. You'll come home so tired that you'll go almost straight to sleep.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

jlm8695 - 28 Aug 2016 6:30 PM

Sounds like me. Body wont contemplate falling asleep before 1am. Can be bit of an issue when when still rolling around and its 2.30am and youve got to be up at 6.30am

ARNIE= LEGEND

perthjay85
perthjay85
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

433 - 28 Aug 2016 10:29 PM
Probably a bit inconvenient, but go to the gym at 9/10pm at night. You'll come home so tired that you'll go almost straight to sleep.

Not for all. Sometimes you can be too worked up to sleep after the gym. I can't for several hours. 

I have suffered from insomnia for over 20 years. Nearly impossible to get into a routine that breaks the cycle. Once every 6 months or so I'll get a week off 4+ hours sleep a night which is wonderful. That helps recharge the batteries significantly. 

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

salmonfc - 28 Aug 2016 9:34 PM
Scub, I've been taking Catapres to sleep since I was four, so I haven't known any other way of getting to sleep.

When i was little basically from when i could remember to about 12 when i was able decide (within reason) when i went to bed, i was the most unruly abusive child you would ever meet. I never wanted to go to bed because i knew i wouldnt be able to sleep.  

My parents had the worst time with me and from conversations I've had with them recently they knew i wasn't just being a brat they knew something was stopping me from sleeping but everyone else thought i was just a bastard.

My neurologist is certain that i would have been going through trigeminal neuralgia back then and then had it go dormant for many years. I now have the same issues when i go to bed, i literally feel scared when i lay down. 

I could take something to help with sleep but I've seen my mother-in-law essentially turn into a zombie because of her abusing it. 

Granted i take 800mg of carbamezapine twice a day (which plays funny buggers with my liver) and 400mg of gabapentin twice a day. Whilst every few months having to change the gabapentin with baclofen or lyrica.
Super bad days are hospital trips for oxycontin or endone... which don't treat the issue at all!

Soooo... maybe i do abuse drugs hahaha
I was the kind of person who wouldnt take panadol for a headache. 

What i do know is that, though I'm on all this stuff there are different habits I've changed that have helped me sleep. I do love having the window open. Good airflow is the best for good sleep 

the other thing i did is i never go to bed if I'm not tired. I used to and then i start to associate it with not being able to sleep. Even try another room for a bit. Going for a run and having a bath instead of a shower after was good too.

Post huge useless posts here helps me sleep too!
chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Heineken - 28 Aug 2016 4:52 PM
I work 4-5 days a week of shift work, but not regular hours. Some days I can be up at 7am for work a 9am-6pm before the next day having a 3pm-3am shift. It can really fuck with my body. Quite often I find on Sunday nights I can't sleep till 6-7-8am. 

Working one night a week destroyed me. By the next week I'd be just about recovered and it was time to smash the body-clock again. The other 4 days of work really suffered. I blame it for all the injuries I suffered at the time in sport and me getting sick for the first time since I was about 10. I will not do night work ever again.

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Being on a screen/phone in the last hour before sleep definitely keeps you awake, but that's when I read 442 the most.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

I have suffered from insomnia for much of my life. It has been like torture. there were even occasions when I was awake until dawn. Much of my insomnia was stress related due to a certain personal problem I suffered from for some time. I also discovered that I had Sleep Apnea about 20 years ago and needed to use a breathing mask. With the insomnia on top of this I was a real mess. My SA  became acute and laser surgery on my throat muscles was necessitated. I do sleep better these days with only very occasional bouts of  insomnia. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search