*Official* Football Manager Thread

*Official* Football Manager Thread

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I say we hit him in the face with a lawnmower.
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

\:d/ [size=9]WOOOT!!![/size] \:d/
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
[size=9]AMFC AND AFRO[/size]

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

uh?
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

lol s t f u
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
uh?

I don't think anyone can get a grasp of what he says, or at least tries to say. ](*,)
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
lol s t f u

why not just say that??:roll:
worst retort EVER.
Quote:
I don't think anyone can get a grasp of what he says, or at least tries to say.

he may as well be speaking Filipino ](*,)
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

maybe i should start speaking out of my ass, youd all here me loud and clear then.
Dave1989
Dave1989
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

i like PES 6's gameplay and thought i'd continue playing PES games after playing all the fifa's up to about 2004 but pes 2008 is a joke and has changed my mind for now at least. i play fifa 08 alot now mainly because of the online play and i think they're on the right track. pes 09 and fifa 09 might tell us a bit more once they've had longer to bring out a game. pes 08 seemed very rushed and it's shite and i'm sure most of you would agree.
does anyone here play online? if so i'm up for a game as i have a broken ankle and have found myself with alot of time to play the ps3 hehe. my online name thingo is www_1989_com_au
cheers ;)
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro

mk0825 wrote:
maybe i should start speaking out of my ass

I think you already do ](*,)
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
maybe i should start speaking out of my ass, youd all here me loud and clear then.

You already do, and we can hear you fine. It just makes no sense at all.
littleronaldo1992
littleronaldo1992
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)Hardcore Fan (291 reputation)

FM 2008 is sweet. i just added fabian barbiero to my squad, he's awesome lol. but he got a red card in his debut match - how ironic!!!
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

FM pissed me off today. I made a bid for kewell who liverpool had on transfer for 650.000. I put a bit of 1mill. Other weaker clubs put in lower bids. Liverpool kept knocking me back as i put a deadline. They said they didnt want to be rushed. In the end he had already accepted another offer. Really stupid. Its a big i think though, players can accept an offer whilst they are still bids on the table.
Dave1989
Dave1989
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

the site seen below talks about pes 2009 and it looks like they're changing it. they need to. pes 6 was a brilliant game, especially on pc but 08 was dodgy. might be a while before they're done but..

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8053&Itemid=9:-k
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I heard the PS3 version is the worst of all the platforms, since the engine and all that was already made for PS2 and PSP. But they have to start doing something a little different now. The game hasn't really changed since PES5.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Just play fifa, Liverpool v Everton is way better than Merseyside Red v Merseyside Blue, PES is a joke, its made for those arcade machines with two buttons and and a joystick, not consoles.
charonis
charonis
Amateur
Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)

No... PES is made for people who like their forwards to sit a tad further up the park than on the halfway line, and then not have to take on 8 defenders with 1 or 2 forwards.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

And for players to be intelligent and make runs on their own. BAH FIFA frustrates me with my attackers sitting on halfway and when one gets the ball, the entire team just stands still.

The oppositions defence sitting in their own box doesn't help either. Not entirely realistic if you ask me.

Also, do the FIFA keepers KNOW how to catch a ball?

PES is so much more free flowing. The players actually have control of the ball :shock: and can do quick turns in the box, whereas in FIFA they can't do anything other than run straight.

Also, the net moves in PES (and has done since it began). In FIFA they needed a next gen console to make the net move!

Half the time I don't even realise I've scored in FIFA because:
1. the net doesnt move
2. the player that scores take forever to react that he scored
3. the crowd is always dead

In PES
1. the net moves!
2. the player is off celebrating the instant it crosses the line, his team mates included
3. the crowd was already going off when their team was attacking, and just gets louder as soon as the keeper is beat

and 4. the ball moves better in PES. It actually FEELS like a football. The goals are all different also.

And in conclusion your honor, the fact that FIFA totally copied PES control scheme and labelled it as "new!" proves that PES is better :P
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

REBUTTAL-
Shooting with square instead of shooting with circle is hardly a new development that takes the gaming into a new era. You now why they introduced it anyway, to convert pes fans who couldnt use there beloved control layout.

The net does move in fifa, not much because they are square nets.

Player movement, if you double tap L on the psp version you can set your team on runs.

The crowd is always dead, wtf. There alive before the game even loads. Say if your playing liverpool (Liverpool WTF is that, Merseyside Red), "youll never walk alone" plays on the loading screen.

Not only do fifa keeper catch balls, they perform last man slide tackles, punch clear etc. When its past the 85th minute and your down 1-0 your keeper will also come up for corners. BTW, the keeper and all his actions can be controlled by the user.

QUESTION TIME-

How can a player be sprinting backwards and still manage to hit a fierce shot on target?

Why/how when they slide tackle, do they slide for metres and metres?

Why do players take free kicks with their opposite foot?

Why does the epl games use reebok balls?

Erebus
Erebus
Legend

Actually I find using square as shoot as more ergonomic. Your thumb naturally rests over it.

Singing a song on the loading screen does not count.

Square nets huh? How convenient.

I shouldn't have to double tap L all the bloody time! In PES if your player has the "playmaker" attribute, the players around him create space for themselves. Also, it helps in counter attacks when you have someone in front of you to pass to. Why is my striker standing between my own box and the half way line? Why isn't he standing near the defence which is stuck on the 18yard box?

You could control the keeper in PES5 and probably the ones before that.

Actually I've noticed that in PES body positioning is more important than anything else.
Maybe they slid for metres because it was wet?

I dunno, why are they taking it with their opposite foot? Was it the proper player? Thats what the EDIT function is for :P oh....FIFA doesnt HAVE that!

Reebok balls? Probably because PES is sponsored by Reebok? That makes sense I guess. WTF cares what ball it is anyway? You can't see the design on the ball when you are playing the game.

Another gripe about FIFA, the stupid formations! oooh lets give people custom formations that you have to do in an edit screen, but can't actually create a formation in the middle of a game, or before a game for that matter! BAH!! PES has tonne of formations and these are all customisable before and during the actual game.

And I don't like how when the ball is out, you do a sub, but have to wait til the ball goes out again. What if its the 80th minute and you want the guy on NOW!

I've given FIFA a chance because PES wasn't out yet. But damn! Its more frustrating than PES can be (and thats saying a lot). Just the player movements and the ball physics seem so much more natural on PES. Sure there's bugs but what game doesn't have them.

(oh yeah, you can't even do a World Cup in FIFA...WTF?!)
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Its just a PES pride thing...
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro

Quote:
Singing a song on the loading screen does not count.

What about during the game? Ok, the crowd does die off at times but doesn't that happen in real life too?

Quote:
I shouldn't have to double tap L all the bloody time! In PES if your player has the "playmaker" attribute, the players around him create space for themselves. Also, it helps in counter attacks when you have someone in front of you to pass to. Why is my striker standing between my own box and the half way line? Why isn't he standing near the defence which is stuck on the 18yard box?

Fair point, that's where PES has the wood on FIFA

Quote:
Thats what the EDIT function is for :P oh....FIFA doesnt HAVE that!

FIFA does have an edit fuction ](*,)

Quote:
Reebok balls? Probably because PES is sponsored by Reebok? That makes sense I guess. WTF cares what ball it is anyway? You can't see the design on the ball when you are playing the game.

Exactly, who really cares about whats on the ball anyway? FIFA's balls are horrible BTW, they look 2D FFS.

Quote:
Another gripe about FIFA, the stupid formations! oooh lets give people custom formations that you have to do in an edit screen, but can't actually create a formation in the middle of a game, or before a game for that matter!

...or in Manager mode. It's really frustrating when you sign someone who's position isn't in the formation (ie winger in a 4-3-2-1) and you have to either play him in a different position or resort to one of those awful generic formations.

Quote:
And I don't like how when the ball is out, you do a sub, but have to wait til the ball goes out again. What if its the 80th minute and you want the guy on NOW!

That pisses me off too... especially when the ball rarely goes out and the halves are only 10 mins max. (unless you edit the files). The game can finish before you get the chance to make the bloody sub!

Quote:
(oh yeah, you can't even do a World Cup in FIFA...WTF?!)

You can make a dodgy vesion of one in the 'Create a tournament'.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

I tried and it only offered me clubs teams. Maybe I should look into it again.

The point about PES edit function is that they know they don't have all the licenses, so they let the users edit to their hearts content and everything will look right (appearances, kits, names etc).
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro

Erebus wrote:
I tried and it only offered me clubs teams. Maybe I should look into it again.

You can specify it to only select it from 'International'. But it's pretty crap anyway.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Erebus wrote:
And for players to be intelligent and make runs on their own. BAH FIFA frustrates me with my attackers sitting on halfway and when one gets the ball, the entire team just stands still.

The oppositions defence sitting in their own box doesn't help either. Not entirely realistic if you ask me.

Also, do the FIFA keepers KNOW how to catch a ball?

PES is so much more free flowing. The players actually have control of the ball :shock: and can do quick turns in the box, whereas in FIFA they can't do anything other than run straight.

Also, the net moves in PES (and has done since it began). In FIFA they needed a next gen console to make the net move!

Half the time I don't even realise I've scored in FIFA because:
1. the net doesnt move
2. the player that scores take forever to react that he scored
3. the crowd is always dead

In PES
1. the net moves!
2. the player is off celebrating the instant it crosses the line, his team mates included
3. the crowd was already going off when their team was attacking, and just gets louder as soon as the keeper is beat

and 4. the ball moves better in PES. It actually FEELS like a football. The goals are all different also.

And in conclusion your honor, the fact that FIFA totally copied PES control scheme and labelled it as "new!" proves that PES is better :P

=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

Totally agree. Fifa has made improvements agreed. But PES has made better improvments too and has turned out to be toally better. The movement, the whole gameplay is perfect. I know they dont have the rights and all, but you can download patches and you can edit. Its a whole lot better. Everyone who has played FIFA and weve shown Pro Evo has changed and agreed with us. I dont like how in FIFA the ball sticks to the feet. Really poor.
HailtheCelts
HailtheCelts
Rising Star
Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)Rising Star (824 reputation)

FIFA international teams are awful, they never pick the best team.
Take Sweden for example, they don't have Zlatan [size=9]OR[/size] Henrik.
Also Scotland, their best player, Scott Brown (who plays for Celtic), isn't even in the reserves.

And PES go one better in the internationals with more teams. PES also has better graphics, better kits and better smoothness in play. Go PES

And is FM supposed to be Football Manager?
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

HailtheCelts wrote:
Take Sweden for example, they don't have Zlatan [size=9]OR[/size] Henrik.
Also Scotland, their best player, Scott Brown (who plays for Celtic), isn't even in the reserves.

And PES go one better in the internationals with more teams. PES also has better graphics, better kits and better smoothness in play. Go PES

yes. you should have at least played the game surely, even if its just the demo.

by the way, just putting a thought out there whilst talking about FM. A mate of mine was discussing whether or not a game, which made you the chairman/owner of a football club would do well. He basically said, you get to choose a club and then you build up your money and if you want you can sell the club at any time and buy into other clubs and so on. You then also choose your managers, the transfer budget, your sponsors, team kit providers, set up agreements with other clubs and have direct contact with organisations like the FA and FIFA and decide on the changes they want to bring to your league. They wont make it all intensive but just the fairly basic things. Itd be interesting to see what others think. I thought it might not be the best idea but would be pretty ineteresting to see what its like.
arsenal melbourne fc
arsenal melbourne fc
Pro

HailtheCelts wrote:
Take Sweden for example, they don't have Zlatan OR Henrik.

Its probably because the national squads are based on the last match played prior to the squads being finalised and some of those players weren't selected (or rested) for the match.

HailtheCelts wrote:

Yes.
Although some could say it's FIFA Manager too
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
FM 2008 is sweet. i just added fabian barbiero to my squad, he's awesome lol. but he got a red card in his debut match - how ironic!!!

I've been having a lot of success with Silva and Naldo for mine...Banega's been more than useful too.
Quote:
Liverpool kept knocking me back as i put a deadline. They said they didnt want to be rushed. In the end he had already accepted another offer.

Remove the dealine then :roll: It's not rocket science.
Quote:
How can a player be sprinting backwards and still manage to hit a fierce shot on target?

Why/how when they slide tackle, do they slide for metres and metres?

Why do players take free kicks with their opposite foot?

Why does the epl games use reebok balls?

Some of the many reasons why these games are inferior.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

Quote:
Liverpool kept knocking me back as i put a deadline. They said they didnt want to be rushed. In the end he had already accepted another offer.

Remove the dealine then :roll: It's not rocket science.

I did that, but they never replied me and then the time was running out in the transfer window and he got snapped up by udinese. Looks like ill have to wait till he moves before i want him. As it is i got around 53mill to spend. Recently got appointed Aussie coach, after 6 mnths with United. Think thats not bad.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search