*Official* Football Manager Thread

*Official* Football Manager Thread

Author
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Adelphite wrote:
Heineken wrote:
You want a good chuckle?

It's February 2021 in my save.

Massimo Murdocca is the current head coach of the Central Coast Mariners. Phil Moss resigned in 2016. Kevin Muscat left the Victory and was at the Mariners for only 70 days before being sacked. Muscat was replaced by Aurelio Vidmar who was at the club for 2 and a half years before resigning, and Murdocca has been head coach for 2 years. :lol:

John van't Schipt wasn't at Melbourne City for long into the game before being sacked. He got replaced by Gary van Egmond who was sacked after a mere 297 days in charge. GvE was replaced by Ian Ferguson who lasted almost 3 years before resigning. Joel Griffiths is currently head coach and has been for just under 2-years.

Like his cross-city counterpart, Kevin Muscat was quick to get the sack from Melbourne Victory in mid-2015 and was swiftly replaced by the ever capable Phil Stubbins, who lasted a mere 262 days before getting sacked. He was replaced by Tony Popovic, who lasted a year and a half before getting sacked. Kevin Muscat then got re-hired, but only lasted 344 days before he too got the sack. Neil Kilkenny then picked up the poisoned chalice that is the Melbourne Victory job, and lasted 2 and a half years, before he too was also sacked. Aurelio Vidmar is currently the head coach of the Victory, having lasted 80 days. :lol:

Phil Stubbins was another to get sacked quickly after the start of my save, he was replaced by fan favourite Joel Griffiths, who led the team for over 3 years before deciding he'd had enough and resigned. Kevin Muscat is current head coach having been in the role for a little under 2 years.

Kenny Lowe had an excellent run at Perth Glory, taking the West Australians to 2 league victories and an FFA Cup success, and was at the club for over 4 years, before getting sacked. Michael Thwaite is currently the head coach, and has been in the role for over 2-years now.

Sydney FC are the only club to have not sacked or had any manager resign. Graham Arnold is still in charge, and did back to back league, grand final, and FFA cup wins. Athough every 2 months there's talk of him being sacked if the next game is poor, although it never eventuates. :lol:

Tony Popovic was sacked from the Wanderers early on, and was replaced by John Kosmina. Kossie lasted over 3 years before getting sacked, and was replaced by Aurelio Vidmar. He last under a year and a half, and now Leigh fucking Broxham is coaching the Wanderers. :lol:

Ernie Merrick was sacked from Wellington early on and replaced by Frank Farina who has lasted over 4-years in New Zealand. :lol:

Socceroos wise, Ange Postecoglue was sacked following Australia's dismal 2018 WCQ campaign in which we failed to make the World Cup. :lol: He was replaced by Ernie Merrick who left Wellington Phoenix to take on the role, but resigned a year and a half in to retire from football. He was replaced by Tony Popovic who was sacked after only reaching the ro16 of the 2019 Asian Cup, and was replaced by Ian Ferguson who still holds the role 1 year, 364 days strong. :lol:

This is the darkest timeline :lol:

Who the fuck is signing these socceroos coaches?!!:lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by u4486662
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
In 18/19 season. Spent 3 years at Toulouse, built them up over the 3 years and won the Ligue 1 in final year, and lost the French Cup Final thanks to a 93rd min goal :(

Also made it to the Europa Quarter Finals in my last season there.

Moved on to Fiorentina. Finished 3rd in my first season and lost the Italian Cup Final on pens. Italy had lost a UCL place so had to play a playoff for UCL.

Draw is done and it's Fiorentina v... Toulouse! My old team.

Won the Italian Super cup 1-0. Won the first leg v Toulouse 5-3. Second leg to come, hopefully make the group stages.

Jese was an absolute wep last year with 30 goals. Also signed Luka Jovic for 1.3mil, absolute steal. He got 20+ last year.

Ezequiel Cerutti my other front 3 member with Bernardo Silva, Borja Valero, Thomas Party in the midfield.

Just signed German Pezzella at CB and he is an absolute machine.

Just reached 200 games in management with my 5-3 win v Toulouse. Good times.
Edited
8 Years Ago by imnofreak
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

So just checked out the A League sitch in my save (in 2020). Popovic has his entire WSW managerial team now at Central Coast Mariners, except his assistant is now Ruben Zadkovich who as an aside has a tactical ability of 1 :lol:

Edited by Draupnir: 10/9/2015 12:02:42 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Draupnir
PerthRed
PerthRed
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)

Anyone doing an A-league save in FM2016? I'm in my second season with the Glory, lost in the GF but enjoying it so far. Sidnei and Fernandez ironically are beasts in the game. Can't figure out how to sign a guest player though...
Edited
8 Years Ago by PerthRed
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

PerthRed wrote:
Anyone doing an A-league save in FM2016? I'm in my second season with the Glory, lost in the GF but enjoying it so far. Sidnei and Fernandez ironically are beasts in the game. Can't figure out how to sign a guest player though...

Are there any good A-league databases around? I haven't played FM for a few years but from what I've been reading they still do a completely rubbish job on the A-league.
Edited
8 Years Ago by maxxie
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Now in season 4 of my Sheffield United save and my first in the EPL. Got a very solid team, including Wayne Rooney up front who I bought for under 3m.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
PerthRed
PerthRed
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)Hardcore Fan (229 reputation)

maxxie wrote:
PerthRed wrote:

Are there any good A-league databases around? I haven't played FM for a few years but from what I've been reading they still do a completely rubbish job on the A-league.

I've just been using the default one. Definitely an improvement on previous seasons, but yeah could still use some work. NPL scouting looks to have improved a fair bit now with the FFA Cup. I just enjoy playing the a-league as it distracts me from how terrible Perth are in reality.

The issue I have is the ambitiousness of clubs in the game doesn't really reflect real life. Most signings tend to come from the NPL with no real marquee signings like your Del Pieros and Fowlers (although Adelaide did sign Arteta as marquee in my save).

Managed to get Holman in on a guest contract. Seems odd that you can offer a marquee contract to a player but not have the option for a guest contract. Holman was the first player I've had that option...
Edited
8 Years Ago by PerthRed
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Going to be compiling some research for the SA NPL in the next couple of weeks, if anyone has any info let me know. If anyone wants to do it for any other state I can put you onto the head researcher. Not for pay or anything but I just think that the NPL is heavily unrecognised in the game and want to help make some changes.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Just started my second season with Adelaide. Finished 4th before losing to 5th placed Newcastle on pens. Trying to turn us into a club that just has players born (or raised) in South Australia, brought in Troisi as a marquee, Borrello, Cornthwaite, Welsh and Inman for season two. Now have just two foreigners (Isaias and Cirio) because Carrusca wanted to leave, Pablo wasn't good enough and La Rocca has been nationalised. 73% of my first team squad were born or raised in South Australia.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

First two seasons with Wrexham, won the league both seasons, something I've never been able to do on FM after years of playing. I've always started games in the conference/national league and worked my way up. I reckon I've been playing with Wrexham since FM11. Played with other teams but Wrexham seemed to work with me.

First season in the National League, signed a few decent players on free transfer and after a slowish start, ended up 11 points clear on top to take out the league in my first season.

Second season, media predicted relegation. Won my first few games, but then things went completely downhill. Squad wasn't happy with me, we were sitting about 19th in the league, 15 games in.

Managed to turn it around that season, signed players which turned out to be crucial in January, went on to win the league by 6 points, nail biting finish.

I'm just about to kick off my third season with Wrexham, in League One.

Edited by azzaMVFC: 23/2/2016 01:53:31 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by azzaMVFC
Somebody
Somebody
Amateur
Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)Amateur (520 reputation)

I got FM16 Touch on Steam don't think the a-league has Marquees on it from what I've seen so far.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Somebody
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Anyone played the new update yet? I started a game up and simmed a season to shake things up and took control of Ingolstadt after they were relegated. Have now won the second division, Champions league, German cup twice, Euro cup and club world cup. Still chasing the Bundesliga title though.

I also disabled the salary cap for the A-League and gave all the clubs billionaire owners. The Jets are the only ones to win the ACL but they also won the Club world cup in a final against Real Madrid on penalties. The AL is now equal with Korea as the most famous league in Asia
Edited
8 Years Ago by Scotch&Coke
Adelphi
Adelphi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Playing a custom A-League save on FM11. Victory have this guy on the right wing:

Quality name :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by Adelphite
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

:lol: that is gold.
Edited
8 Years Ago by azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

azzaMVFC wrote:
First two seasons with Wrexham, won the league both seasons, something I've never been able to do on FM after years of playing. I've always started games in the conference/national league and worked my way up. I reckon I've been playing with Wrexham since FM11. Played with other teams but Wrexham seemed to work with me.

First season in the National League, signed a few decent players on free transfer and after a slowish start, ended up 11 points clear on top to take out the league in my first season.

Second season, media predicted relegation. Won my first few games, but then things went completely downhill. Squad wasn't happy with me, we were sitting about 19th in the league, 15 games in.

Managed to turn it around that season, signed players which turned out to be crucial in January, went on to win the league by 6 points, nail biting finish.

I'm just about to kick off my third season with Wrexham, in League One.

Edited by azzaMVFC: 23/2/2016 01:53:31 PM

An update on this one - again signed some good players in the off season to be competitive in League One. Stayed near the top of the table for most of the season. Towards the end, pushed up into auto-promotion spot. Reckon I got my tactics pretty spot on during the middle of the season. Had a pretty average end to the season but lucky for me results went my way and by some miracle I ended up in an auto-promotion spot, up to the Championship.

The Championship was the biggest step up in class so far. Didn't win a game until last night - the 14th game of the season. Had 7 draws and 6 losses before that. I did make new signings, tweaked the formation and tactics a little but this has been a huge challenge. Will be happy to survive at this rate, then build on the squad for next season!
Edited
8 Years Ago by azzaMVFC
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Just got me a new laptop and re-downloaded FM15.

Started a new career with my normal procedure of having no experience at managing level or playing level, a fresh faced 22-year old. Got a contract with Bray Wanderers with 1 game left to go in the Irish Premier Division. BW had finished last and were assured relegation. Lost the final game of the season 3-2, after taking a 2-0 lead before half time. Nevertheless powered on. The team was fairly strong and it looked like I wouldn't have to make too many changes to the squad and I felt we basically had enough fodder to get us promoted the next season. That's when the issues started.

All the players, bar the fresh young'ns, started complaining about wanting to leave the club because they got relegated. Some of them still had 2 or so years left on their contract. I wasn't prepared to rip out the squad, so I kept denying their applications to leave. Needless to say this lead to a fair bit of disharmony in the squad. Was hoping to start the new season, get a few wins under my belt, and turn the disharmony around with promises of promotion and good play. The only players I brought in was a guy from Bohemians on loan as we needed another winger and a new striker.

Started the season off well, 3 wins and a loss from the opening 4 games. Then I got sacked because of the 'disharmony' in the squad. Really annoying as I was just starting to enjoy the challenge of getting them promoted. Lasted 265 days. :lol: The previous manager only lasted 163 days, but the vast majority of my tenure was during the off-season. :lol: :oops:

Should I encounter that issue again, is it just easier to allow the players to leave and then attempt to build a new squad?

Edited by Heineken: 6/5/2016 01:33:35 PM

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Edited
8 Years Ago by Heineken
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Anyone played the new one yet? Just bought it today and downloading now.
Edited
8 Years Ago by milan_7
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Has anyone played FM with an ipad or tablet?

My laptop is way too old & slow for FM and really dont want to unnecesarily buy one for FM alone.
I'd think a tablet would be annoying not using a mouse.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Buying it in a couple of days for laptop. Will save my data on the cloud system. Does this one have FFA Cup?

milan_7
milan_7
World Class

TheSelectFew - 21 Nov 2016 6:13 PM
Buying it in a couple of days for laptop. Will save my data on the cloud system. Does this one have FFA Cup?

FM 16 did so I guess this one will too, unless you mean with the proper seeding? In which case I doubt it.

Finding it really hard to score this year, 5 out of my 11 games have been 0-0 with Milan despite using very attacking tactics most of that time. Full backs being overpowered is fixed lot harder to find creativity because of that though, I feel like a really good AM is crucial (Fernandez and Honda aren't really good enough for me). Brought in Jesus Navas for 4m, Cheikhou Kouyate for 13m and Ronaldinho on a free (pure indulgence).

Currently playing like this

Donnarumma
Abate-Zapata-Romagnoli-De Sciglio
Kucka-Kouyate
Navas-Honda-Bonaventura
Bacca

Bacca been very good for me after a rough start with 6 goals and 4 assists in 10 starts (12 games). Donnarumma is unreal, can't wait to see my team once Donnarumma, Calabria, Locatelli, Romagnoli and Mastour are in their prime.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

milan_7 - 21 Nov 2016 8:02 PM
TheSelectFew - 21 Nov 2016 6:13 PM

FM 16 did so I guess this one will too, unless you mean with the proper seeding? In which case I doubt it.

Finding it really hard to score this year, 5 out of my 11 games have been 0-0 with Milan despite using very attacking tactics most of that time. Full backs being overpowered is fixed lot harder to find creativity because of that though, I feel like a really good AM is crucial (Fernandez and Honda aren't really good enough for me). Brought in Jesus Navas for 4m, Cheikhou Kouyate for 13m and Ronaldinho on a free (pure indulgence).

Currently playing like this

Donnarumma
Abate-Zapata-Romagnoli-De Sciglio
Kucka-Kouyate
Navas-Honda-Bonaventura
Bacca

Bacca been very good for me after a rough start with 6 goals and 4 assists in 10 starts (12 games). Donnarumma is unreal, can't wait to see my team once Donnarumma, Calabria, Locatelli, Romagnoli and Mastour are in their prime.

I remember in 16 I got dicked by  member federation. I literally had to look them up I didn't know who they are or where they were from. Tbf was a good laugh. 

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I love FM but it can be very frustrating. I've been playing FM for the last 5 years, usually with SC Freamunde in the second tier of Portuguese football. I've only ever manage to get them promoted once.

I've had two seasons on FM17.. in both I had two fantastic patches where I was top of the table and then slid down to finish 11th out of 24 and 9th out of 20. I feel like if I keep using the same formation over the whole season, my team gets found out and the results stop coming. I'll go from going undefeated for 10 games to not being able to win for 10 games. 

Has anyone been consistently successful?
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 29 Nov 2016 9:42 AM
I love FM but it can be very frustrating. I've been playing FM for the last 5 years, usually with SC Freamunde in the second tier of Portuguese football. I've only ever manage to get them promoted once.

I've had two seasons on FM17.. in both I had two fantastic patches where I was top of the table and then slid down to finish 11th out of 24 and 9th out of 20. I feel like if I keep using the same formation over the whole season, my team gets found out and the results stop coming. I'll go from going undefeated for 10 games to not being able to win for 10 games. 

Has anyone been consistently successful?

Im exactly the same won my first 6 games with brentford im now 20th and on the verge of getting sacked no matter what i try i cant win or even draw 
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Lads need your help... with the nix. mid season and barbarouses has left for england. can anyone think of a replacement ?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

thejollyvic - 3 Dec 2016 1:43 PM
Lads need your help... with the nix. mid season and barbarouses has left for england. can anyone think of a replacement ?

Surely a player from the Indian Super League could do a similar job? They are about the same technically. 

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

TheSelectFew - 3 Dec 2016 3:18 PM
thejollyvic - 3 Dec 2016 1:43 PM

Surely a player from the Indian Super League could do a similar job? They are about the same technically. 

League isnt unlocked so couldnt sign anyone from  it. Decided to not re invest untill next season also had a 300k offer for finkler on deadline day but said no. current 7th but there is 5 points difference between 2nd and 7th 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

thejollyvic - 3 Dec 2016 4:37 PM
TheSelectFew - 3 Dec 2016 3:18 PM

League isnt unlocked so couldnt sign anyone from  it. Decided to not re invest untill next season also had a 300k offer for finkler on deadline day but said no. current 7th but there is 5 points difference between 2nd and 7th 

Was taking the piss. 

Its the same issue with FIFA17. I don't see why all leagues haven't been unlocked yet. 

thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro

TheSelectFew - 3 Dec 2016 6:32 PM
thejollyvic - 3 Dec 2016 4:37 PM

Was taking the piss. 

Its the same issue with FIFA17. I don't see why all leagues haven't been unlocked yet. 

Oh my bad haha

Well my decision paid off made the final against sydney from finishing 6th. Despite the fact barbarouses, finkler and rossi all left the last forced my hand in the middle of the finals ungrateful shits
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

Anyone here still playing?

I still am, daily, until my wife starts to complain...
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

azzaMVFC - 21 Jun 2017 1:18 PM
Anyone here still playing?

I still am, daily, until my wife starts to complain...

Shit yeah, Preston North End in the 2023/24 season in the Premier League. Really struggling with getting from mid table into the European positions. 16, 12, 13, 12, 15 have been my finshing positions since getting to the Prem. Always start shit, then go on absolute tear then can't catch up to European spots and slide down the ladder. Every. Fucking. Year. Have been considering moving clubs for a while but got a few good youngsters and none of the offers I have received have attracted me enough. 

Some notes from my save.
Tottenham won the Champions League in the 2017/18 season, and the league in 2016/17
Manchester United became the first team to win four straight league titles between 2018 and 2021
In the 2021/22 season, Liverpool did the second version of the slip. Looked like they were going to win the league, but drew with Derby, lost to City and got smashed by Bournemouth 4-1 on the final day when they only needed a point to do it.
West Ham won the league in the 2022/23 season
Cristiano Ronaldo had a one year spell at Braga before retiring at the end of the 2022/23 season
Mexico won the 2018 World Cup, before Spain won it in the 2022 World Cup held in China
Benardo Silva has won two consecutive Ballon Dor's
Julian Brandt became the worlds most expensive player in 2021 when he moved from Bayern to City for 107 million pounds. He has started just 7 league games in the 18 months.
Everton are in the Championship after getting relegated for the second time in three seasons.
Port Melbourne SC made the FFA Cup Final in the 2019 season after pulling off upsets against Brisbane and Western Sydney.
Perth Glory is the only team that has won the league and finals series double in seven seasons.
Bailey Wright is the current captain of both Australia and Preston North End
Australia lost to South Korea in the 2023 Asian Cup Final in almost an exact reverse to the 2015 real final (Jeggo scored an 89th minute equaliser but Korea won in ET)
Kenny Lowe is the current coach of Australia.

Edited
7 Years Ago by milan_7
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search