Movies Thread 2.0

Movies Thread 2.0

Author
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Seen Get Him To The Greek the other night, it was hilarious. Also enjoyed the cameo from Lars Ulrich :d
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Toy Story 3 is pretty much the best movie ever made - and I challenge any of you "hard men" to NOT cry at the end.

Get Him To The Greek was an enjoyable romp, too. Love Russell Brand - and think Elisabeth Moss from Mad Men who plays Daphne is super, super fine.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Quote:
Peter Jackson in negotiations for 'The Hobbit'

Almost one month after Guillermo del Toro dropped out of directing The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson is in talks to helm the two films in the franchise. While we wait for the studios involved or Jackson’s manager to confirm, there are lots of questions that remain before The Hobbit can actually begin production, let alone reach the big screen.

First, MGM, the debt-laden studio that owns 50 percent of the rights to the classic tale, is facing an uncertain future. The studio failed to attract bids high enough to satisfy its creditors during an auction earlier this year,
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni3029690/

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
Toy Story 3 is pretty much the best movie ever made - and I challenge any of you "hard men" to NOT cry at the end.

This. Waited 11 fucking years for this and it was so worth the wait. A perfect way to finish the trilogy off imo.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

God-dammit I have to go watch it.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Quote:
Peter Jackson in negotiations for 'The Hobbit'

Almost one month after Guillermo del Toro dropped out of directing The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson is in talks to helm the two films in the franchise. While we wait for the studios involved or Jackson’s manager to confirm, there are lots of questions that remain before The Hobbit can actually begin production, let alone reach the big screen.

First, MGM, the debt-laden studio that owns 50 percent of the rights to the classic tale, is facing an uncertain future. The studio failed to attract bids high enough to satisfy its creditors during an auction earlier this year,
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni3029690/

This whole thing has been a farce. It's been in pre-production for about four years or something. rubbish. And I was looking forward to Del toro directing it, although Jackson isn't a bad fill-in.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

New Predators movie out soon as well
[youtube]p75vTdIW2yo[/youtube]
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I was reluctant to see Toy Story but went anyway and absolutely love dit, it was a brilliant show that in no way killed what the original films were about. [spoiler]Plenty of people cried at the end and I admit I did get the constricted throat and stinging eyes but no tears[/spoiler]
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Fredsta wrote:
I was reluctant to see Toy Story but went anyway and absolutely love dit, it was a brilliant show that in no way killed what the original films were about. [spoiler]Plenty of people cried at the end and I admit I did get the constricted throat and stinging eyes but no tears[/spoiler]

I was the same. I was at that point where you can feel the tears coming and you're wondering if people can see that you're about to cry:lol:
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

that's probably a reason behind me not wanting to go with my mates and see it. I'm probably more emotional than most of my friends, so I'll get a ton of shit if i do cry.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

i like the Predators trailer... looks pretty good and i like the concept of the game reserve although it could be quite easily shite... here's hoping though cause Adrian Brody couldn't do something REALLY shit

[youtube][/youtube]

i don't know if this is going to be incredibly dull or really interesting but it will be one or the other
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Looking forward to Predators. Looks good. I'll have to..."Letigimately go out and view" ;) 8-[ Toy Story 3 some time this week.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I'll be honest, I have no belief at all that predators will be any good.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

That's kind of the point though. None of them really ever were that stand out.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
I'll be honest, I have no belief at all that predators will be any good.

by all right it shouldn't be but it could be

[youtube][/youtube]

about 10 years old but one of Coppola's firsts
[youtube][/youtube]

Edited by The Doctor: 29/6/2010 12:42:17 AM
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

None of what? The predator movies? The first predator movie was and still is a classic.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

None of what? The predator movies? The first predator movie was and still is a classic.

That was down to the sheer awesomeness of a 80's Schwarzenegger though. It's not so much that it's a 'great' movie, it has an established and loyal cult following.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

[youtube]_EC2tmFVNNE[/youtube]
Thanks S_fan
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Emma Watson in the red dress 1:46 FTW

although i wish the two blokes would just harden the fuck up in the movies
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

The Doctor wrote:

I think Ron hardens up quite a bit when it comes to Hermione in this one. ;)
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The trailer looks brilliant but it appears that the final duel takes place with Harry and Voldemort isolated from everyone else which would be shit and who is the Magneto look alike in front of the Hogwarts Express at around 1:09?
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Benjo wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

I think Ron hardens up quite a bit when it comes to Hermione in this one. ;)

yeah but why wasn't it like that in the 4th :lol:

should be like Skins but with magic ;)
[youtube][/youtube]

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

I wish they'd made Half-Blood Prince into two movies - would have made a lot more sense...
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane is a good movie.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

Just saw Resevoir Dogs for the first time and thought it was a good film, next on the agenda is Pulp Fiction
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Off to see Predators tomorrow. I have high hopes for it
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=136118

First Inception Review

notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Toy Story 3 last night. Was ok, maybe I was expecting too much.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

For months I've been trying to figure out what the ruck that movie is about, seen the trailer like 10 times and that didn't really help now reading the plot I'm curious:lol:
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

High Tension - Awesome horror movie.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search