marconi's Games Thread

marconi's Games Thread

Author
tiny455
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'll be online around 5-5.30.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Oh yeah, FYI... half the time it's not me playing MW2, I let my house-mate play on my account because I can't be bothered showing him how to set up his own. :P
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Getting back into Ninja Gaiden 2
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

martyB wrote:
Oh yeah, FYI... half the time it's not me playing MW2, I let my house-mate play on my account because I can't be bothered showing him how to set up his own. :P

Sure..... :^o
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Last Stand + Raffica = Copious Amounts of Win.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:

:evil:

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I've been smashing some Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption. Outstanding, both... life eaters.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

\:d/
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

\:d/

:oops:
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

[youtube]_fTBJAOV6vI[/youtube]

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

marconi101
marconi101
Legend

[youtube]yj0RfgIuxz4[/youtube]

martyB
martyB
Legend

Finished Heavy Rain in one sitting (~10 hours). It's certainly different to anything I've played. It doesn't quite live up to the hype, but the genre could has potential. They try to get you emotionally involved in the story, but the story is so cliched and predictable, that it's nigh on impossible. Plus the slow start is a pain in the arse, but the tutorial does its job. Great graphics in HD (I don't think I've seen better animated boobies...uh not that im into that kinda stuff).

Would rate the game R18+ if possible simply on the adult themes TBH. Realistic depictions of rape and murder aren't something I'd let my teenage kid see. Plus, an R18+ should allow for more gore. :twisted:
charonis
charonis
Amateur
Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)

That's what these anti-R18 idiots fail to realise... by having an R18+ rating will mean more games will get appropriately classified R18+, like Heavy Rain or God of War III, as opposed to getting squeezed into an MA15+.

Yet, for reason they think by introducing an R18+ rating, it will let all games (like RapePlay games) into the country. Games can and will still get refused classication! Idiots!
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

But won't somebody think of the children!!!
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

New current-gen game rental service has been launched http://www.gameup.com.au/ - it's similar to the GameFly system in the USA.

$20/mo gets you unlimited rentals of all the games you want (one game at a time, $30/mo for two at a time) on a queue based system.

At signup if you use the coupon code 'Scoop' you'll get your first month for $10.
martyB
martyB
Legend

notorganic wrote:
New current-gen game rental service has been launched http://www.gameup.com.au/ - it's similar to the GameFly system in the USA.

$20/mo gets you unlimited rentals of all the games you want (one game at a time, $30/mo for two at a time) on a queue based system.

At signup if you use the coupon code 'Scoop' you'll get your first month for $10.
Awesome, thanks for that.
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

notorganic wrote:

Fucking thank you Lord notorganic.

This will the most awesome present for my brother for his birthday that I can imagine. I will grab him a 6 or 12 month membership.

:d

Again thanks mate!
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Don't thank me, thank the American IGN GameScoop podcast for mentioning it.

Or, thank Daemon Hadfield. So dreamy.

notorganic
notorganic
Legend

So who's the dumb dumb that forgot to link a referral ID so that I get discounts on my subscription when you schmoes sign up?

Yeah, me.

http://www.gameup.com.au/index.php?refId=26 if anyone else signs up.
manchester12
manchester12
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
I've been smashing some Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption. Outstanding, both... life eaters.

Sorry just reading through this

and scouse I'm wondering if u play any other games on wii?

I've just been playing some FIFA on the Wii :P
decent amount of fun, crappy graphics but decent modes
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Been a addicted to StarCraft 2 of recent (release 14/8 in Australia) especially the online 1v1 and 2v2 games. Just wondering if anyone else here is playing it?

FYI The name of this thread makes it hard to find.

Edited by leftrightout: 16/8/2010 01:12:47 PM
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

leftrightout wrote:
Been a addicted to StarCraft 2 of recent (release 14/8 in Australia) especially the online 1v1 and 2v2 games. Just wondering if anyone else here is playing it?

Is it only online play? Also have they nerfed it compared to the original?

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

General Ashnak wrote:
leftrightout wrote:

Is it only online play? Also have they nerfed it compared to the original?

No you can complete the campaign offline but it's better to be connected to battlenet.com for all the updates.

nah much the same as the original, terran actually seem stronger actually IMO - as I prefer to play with terran.

notorganic
notorganic
Legend

Been rocking out Batman: Arkham Asylum over the past few days.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Getting Call of Duty: Black Ops. Hopefully it won't be as much as a rage inducer as MW2

buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
Getting Call of Duty: Black Ops. Hopefully it won't be as much as a rage inducer as MW2

This. Just finish my HSC before its release
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

notorganic wrote:
Been rocking out Batman: Arkham Asylum over the past few days.

Awesome game. :cool:

Can't wait for the sequel next year.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

buddha69 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:

Actually saw in a video on Machinima that you can use a crossbow in multiplayer. Seriously, how fucking cool is that?

buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
buddha69 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:

Actually saw in a video on Machinima that you can use a crossbow in multiplayer. Seriously, how fucking cool is that?

That's heaps :cool:
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Well my gamertag is Lepracy141. Stfu i made it in year 7 - I thought it was hilarious that when you killed someone in Halo it said "you were killed by Lepracy". And yes i do realize it's spelt wrong.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search