Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Author
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
He's already signed

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Yea been signed for ages. Man, is just me or does he look really tall.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Looks pretty small for a supposed centre forward

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Yea it turns out Bridges is just taller than him :lol: Zhang is 6.04ft
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
He's already signed
I should have read the blurb that went with those pics on FB. #-o
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Also, who is number 20 in that photo? I really don't recognise him.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Probably Simic (NYL player who just pops up in first team duties)

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Tis simic.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Hey Backmac, did you get any shots of the Squadron on Friday?

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

rocknerd wrote:

I wish, I wish.

Went up to newy after work on friday (finished work at 5), got to my parents place and left the camera there while stopping for dinner. almost killed myself.

Im really sorry though. i wish i did cause you guys looked awesome from where i was sitting. Really good turn out from the novos.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Quote:

Test for Jets' new defence: Topor-Stanley to miss Glory clash
BY ROBERT DILLON
20 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM

NEWCASTLE'S defensive resolve faces an early-season test when Jets coach Branko Culina fields a new-look back four in tomorrow's third-round clash with Perth Glory.

Central defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley stayed in Newcastle when his teammates flew west yesterday after being ruled out with a hamstring problem.

Young Socceroos star Ben Kantarovski is expected to switch from midfield to the back to deputise for Topor-Stanley, though Taylor Regan, who is yet to make his A-League debut, is in Newcastle's 15-man touring party.

In addition, Culina appears set to reinstate Tarek Elrich at right back and relegate versatile Ruben Zadkovich to the bench.

Elrich was a mainstay in that role for almost four years but after off-season groin surgery his only contribution this season has been nine minutes as substitute in last week's 1-1 draw with Melbourne Heart.

Having conceded one goal in their first two games of the season - a self-inflicted effort from Kantarovski - Newcastle's defence has been receiving rave reviews.

Culina said the absence of former Socceroo Topor-Stanley would stretch the Jets' resources regardless of how well-drilled his troops were, against Perth, who lead the table and have scored five goals in two games.

"You can be as organised and disciplined as you like but when you lose a key player in a team and you don't have another one to replace him, there's always a little bit of concern," Culina said yesterday.

"That's the problem you are always going to face during the course of the year and that's why it's important to have some depth in your squad, albeit not of the same quality."

Culina said he had not settled on a line-up and would "sleep on it" before a light training run in Perth today.

But there were indications that Zadkovich would make way for Elrich, who has been waiting impatiently for the chance to regain his starting berth.

Hard-working Jobe Wheelhouse, who has been used twice on the bench, is expected to replace Kantarovski in midfield.

"It [Topor-Stanley's injury] does cause us to rethink about the way we want to play and the personnel . . . we'll make some changes," Culina said.

"Firstly because we're away from home and the Nikolai situation and also because of the type of game we want to play against Perth."

The coach said Regan, a home-grown 21-year-old, was a chance of receiving his first A-League game time.

"He's always been groomed to take over, if need be, and sometimes you throw them in at the deep end and see how they go," he said.

Topor-Stanley said an MRI scan on Wednesday did not show a tear in his hamstring but Newcastle's medical staff advised him to err on the side of caution.

"They keep reminding me of the risks," he said.

"Fabio Vignaroli had a similar thing last year and he kept pushing it and tore it even worse and it took him 11 weeks to get back.

"That's not something that I want."

Hyphen is out.... bugger
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

-----------Brockie-----------
Abbas------Bridges------Jesic
-----Kasey---------Jobe------
Puzz---Kanta---Ljubo---Elrich
----------Kennedy------------
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Blackmac79 wrote:
rocknerd wrote:

I wish, I wish.

Went up to newy after work on friday (finished work at 5), got to my parents place and left the camera there while stopping for dinner. almost killed myself.

Im really sorry though. i wish i did cause you guys looked awesome from where i was sitting. Really good turn out from the novos.

You don't happen to be the guy that was sitting above the squadron and your mates in the squadron rung you and were calling you a dog a something along those line?
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Jets_Fan wrote:
Blackmac79 wrote:
rocknerd wrote:

I wish, I wish.

You don't happen to be the guy that was sitting above the squadron and your mates in the squadron rung you and were calling you a dog a something along those line?

nah mate... bay 59 on the western side.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Jets_Fan wrote:
-----------Brockie-----------
Abbas------Bridges------Jesic
-----Kasey---------Jobe------
Puzz---Kanta---Ljubo---Elrich
----------Kennedy------------

Abbas to be on the bench. with labi up front.

abbas to be an impact player for this more physical game.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Oh woops that was Gunners that was dogging the squadron for corperate seats.

Oh and did you mean for Brockie to take Abbas' spot?

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

yeh brockie to slot into the attacking mids with bridges + jesic

I think jesic is going to be king this year
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Yea Jesic is looking very good.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Quote:

Culina flags safe Jets approach Newcastle wary for Perth trip
BY JAMES GARDINER
21 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM
COACH Branko Culina hinted that the Newcastle Jets could take a more conservative approach against Perth Glory at NIB Stadium today.

The Jets have come out firing in the opening two games of the A-League season.

Despite scoring only one goal, they have taken 28 shots, equal top with Sydney, and moved the ball with pace and purpose.

But the loss of in-form defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley has caused a rethink and Culina may be reluctant to commit as many players forward.

"You are losing a key player and you do have to consider your options," Culina said.

"With Nikolai at the back, we have been pretty good. He and Ljubo have been a tower of strength.

"Whether it be Ben Kantarovski or young Taylor Regan who comes in [to central defence] they are not as experienced, so we might have to be a bit more cautious in other areas.

"It does change things."

The Jets trained in Perth yesterday but Culina said he will not finalise a starting side until this morning.

Ruben Zadkovich and Jobe Wheelhouse have slight groin problems. Tarek Elrich is now fully recovered from groin surgery and in the mix for the starting XI.

"Tarek might play even if Ruben is included," Culina said.

"I will have a think about it overnight. I might be a bit more conservative or I might say, 'Stuff them, let's just play our normal game.' "

The Jets have a horrendous record in Perth, where they have recorded one win in eight trips, but Milicevic was adamant they had nothing to fear.

"I think it is about time we went over there and won and show everyone we are a force to be reckoned with this season," said Milicevic, who played two seasons with Perth in the former national league.

"When I used to play there, the crowd got right behind the team and really spurred you on. They are quite loud and parochial.

"But life is too short for minor details. We have to get out there and get stuck in.

"If they want to be physical it is up to guys like myself, Kasey [Wehrman] and Bridgey [Michael Bridges] to lead the team and be just as physical."

The Jets have the bye next round and will be desperate to get something from today's game and avoid having only two points after four rounds.

Quote:

Bridges well aware of threat Fowler poses
BY JAMES GARDINER
21 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM
JETS captain Michael Bridges spent the best part of three seasons playing alongside Robbie Fowler at Leeds United.

The duo were part of a power-packed strike force that included Australian stars Mark Viduka and Harry Kewell.

A hip problem restricted Fowler to 30 league appearances during his stay at Elland Road, but the man known as God still managed 14 goals at the phenomenal rate of a goal every second game.

Seven years older and seven years slower, Fowler has lost none of his predatory instincts or sublime skill.

"He doesn't have the pace he used to have but he is a hell of a footballer and a real danger," Bridges said.

"He hasn't scored for Perth yet. Let's make sure this is not the game where he does go wild."

Fowler played as a lone striker in the 2-0 win over Melbourne Victory last round but at home is expected to be joined up front by Mile Sterjovski.

"If all eyes focus on Robbie and trying to stop him scoring, he will flick the ball to someone else and they will score the goal," Bridges said. "Robbie has great touch and if you get too tight he will roll you.

"Defensively we are a lot more organised this season.

"Sergio van Dijk was a threat for Adelaide, but he was not up for it. The big guy [Gerald] Sibon for Melbourne Heart, we proved we can keep him quiet.

"I don't think Robbie scored against us last season. Fingers crossed we can do a job and keep him quiet again."

Bridges is good friends with Fowler and tried to get him to Newcastle after the Fury went into administration.

"I showed him around the area and he loved it," Bridges said. "Financially it was too far from the Jets' radar."

Bridges will again lead the line for the Jets, a job he did to great effect in the 1-all draw with the Heart.

"I was given a licence to float in the first game but it didn't feel like we had an out-and-out target man," Bridges said.

"If they try and muscle me hopefully I can slip the ball through to [Jeremy] Brockie, Ali [Abbas] and Marko [Jesic]. I think we can cause them a lot of problems."

Print
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size

rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

So what are people s plans for this weekend since there is no Football?

i'm gutted we don't have a home game as My Mother in law booked me and the family a Weekend away to Nelson bay and a trip to the football would have made it even better than it currently is going to be.
AB_Fan
AB_Fan
Under 7s
Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)

yea Jets_fan thats a good song but you are quite gay by writing gay things like that just letting you know that

from the number one fan of AB!!!
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Ty.:cool:

It's always nice to meet a fan.

Edited by Jets_Fan: 30/8/2010 11:09:38 AM
AB_Fan
AB_Fan
Under 7s
Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)Under 7s (2 reputation)

Hey Jets_fan this is a good song
Jets_fan is so g@y
he sucks big Dⁱck
g@y g@y g@y g@y
AB is the best but
Jets_fan is g@y

Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Your insulting AB stfu.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class

Brisbane this week, another boggy team (at home at least) we are not so good against Brisbane at home and without any real show of force up front we are looking at either a nil all draw or a 1-0 lose (going on Brisbanes average).
Being Fathersday i won't be making the trip, but I will be watching it on Fox at least.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

--------------Zhang----------------
Brockie-------Bridges---------Jesic
--------Puzzo---------Wherman------
Mooy-----Ljubo-------Kanta----Elrich
--------------Kennedy--------------

WIth Zadkovich, Jobe and Topor injured I'd prefer to see this.

---------Zhang------Brockie-------
-------------Bridges--------------
Abbas------------------------Jesic
-------------Wehrman--------------
Puzzo----Ljubo-----Kanta----Elrich
-------------Kennedy--------------

Edited by Jets_Fan: 5/9/2010 09:38:49 AM
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class

I'd just be happy to see us scoring goals.

I liked the addition of Sasha Yesterday, I think he and Shou made the difference in our attack in the fial 20 odd minutes.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

I didn't really notice Sasha do anything except dive. Shou looked lively but his passing game is terrible. I really think it's time for Bridgey to play striker again. He's been reduced to long shots. If we wanna start getting goals again it might be time to go back to 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. 4-1-2-1-2 might also work. We've been too focused on defence with 4 defenders and 2 holdings mids.

--------Abbas---------Bridges--------Shou--------
Brockie-------Kanta-----------Wehrman------Elrich
-------Dapuzzo--------Topor-----------Ljubo------
----------------------Kennedy--------------------

Abbas------------Bridges--------------Shou
-------Kanta-----Wehrman-----Jobe---------
Dapuz-------Topor-------Ljubo-------Elrich
-----------------Kennedy------------------

--------Zhang---------Bridges------
----------------Kanta---------------
Abbas--------------------------Jesic
---------------Wherman--------------
Dapuz-----Topor-------Ljubo----Takka
---------------Kennedy--------------
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class

Mid Week Football and Saturday night Football, Is there anything better at the moment?
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class

Anyone have any serious ideas on where and when the goals are going to arrive in Newcastle? 4 goals in 8 matches with 7 Attacking players in the first 11 and Ljubo looknig like he will be scoring before the rest of the lads.

With Bridges out and Jesic to be ready to go for the next match against Brisbane and Zadkavich back as well as Elrich hitting back to full form are we going to see goals in Suncorp or are we just going to have more nil-all draws and loses?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search