Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Author
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
rocknerd wrote:
Anyone have any serious ideas on where and when the goals are going to arrive in Newcastle? 4 goals in 8 matches with 7 Attacking players in the first 11 and Ljubo looknig like he will be scoring before the rest of the lads.

With Bridges out and Jesic to be ready to go for the next match against Brisbane and Zadkavich back as well as Elrich hitting back to full form are we going to see goals in Suncorp or are we just going to have more nil-all draws and loses?

Lets just hope brisbane get all their form out before we get there.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Well Zhang is definitely NOT the answer. Has no eye for goal and he's passing is atrocious, definitely not suited to lone striker. If Culina is going to insist with 4-2-3-1 than he's better off playing Rooney or Petrovski up front.

And with all the speed in our front third with Abbas, Jesic, Rooney, Brockie I don't know why we don't counter attack more often instead of just playing the ball to Bridges and hoping for a miracle.

I also think the goals will start coming with Elrich back to his best. He adds so much going forward especially when we commit 6 players to defense. Same goes with Dapuzzo.

I think Branko put all his focus into improving our defense cos last year was terrible and he has succeeded in that aspect but has not figured out a good attacking plan. It just seems like we put to much faith in Bridges. His injury could be a blessing in disguise because it definitely hasn't worked and now Branko is forced to look at other options.
timmyg
timmyg
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

anyone got ideas for a new striking option??? (or dreams?)
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Joel Griffiths or someone dutch as they would suit the lone striker role. I doubt we would be able to convince any one decent from the Eredivisie to come over unless we offered them big money.

Edited by Jets_Fan: 29/9/2010 05:32:25 PM
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Just off the current topic i have been trying to compile a list of current Jets players off contract at the end of this season and who we should resign.

Lubjo
Jesic
Kanta (if still here after the mid season transfer window)
Abbas
Dapuzzo
Young

and i think

Wheelhouse
Toppor-stanley
Patafta

who should we resign?
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

I think it's too early in the season to decide but based on current form: Abbas, Topor, Dapuzzo, Kanta, Ljubo and maybe Kaz but we haven't seen him this season due to injury. The last game I saw of him was the Gold Coast final and from memory he was one of our better players when he came on.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:
Tinkler tops BRW Young Rich List

SHREWD dealing within the technology, finance and retail sectors has seen the BRW Young Rich list enjoy a stellar year, with mining magnate Nathan Tinkler topping the list.
A series of multi-million dollar deals have boosted the value of the country's top 100 young money-makers to $6.3 billion, up from $5.8 billion in 2009.

The annual list unveiled a new number one in 34-year-old mining entrepreneur Tinkler, who earned around $400 million after raising $475 million to buy a Queensland coal mine before putting it into the $1.2 billion Aston Resources float in August.

His net wealth rose to $610 million from $366 million in 2009 from the deal, according to BRW.

Two London-based hedge fund managers follow Tinkler on the list. Greg Coffey is second with $406 million in wealth, while Hillton Nathanson, who negotiated a management buyout of his Marble Bar Asset Management firm, is third with $395 million.

John Stensfold, editor of the BRW Young Rich list, said the reversal in fortunes for Australia's top-earning under-40s reflected some canny short-term dealing.

"Mainly it's down to some of the deals that these guys have made rather than overall wealth accrual," he said.

"Only nine people who still feature on the list have actually fallen this year so everyone's had a pretty decent 12 months.

"Good deals have been done with venture capital money or private equity money."

Stensfold said it was no coincidence that half the individuals on the list were drawn from the technology, financial services and retail sectors.

"Technology has always been high and if you compare this list to the Rich 200 there's more technology people on here," he said.

"Young entrepreneurs tend to get into the more online and tech ventures but there's a strong showing from retail as well.

"A lot of them are very good salespeople."

There are 25 new names on the list this year, led by Queensland mining services entrepreneur Bill McDonald, who debuts with wealth of $132 million.

Notable departures from the list include actors Naomi Watts and Hugh Jackman, both of whom have hit the age of 41.

Savage Garden pair Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones are the highest-placed entertainers.

The BRW Young Rich list will be published in BRW tomorrow.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/tinkler-tops-brw-young-rich-list/story-e6frf96o-1225931912990

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Jets_Fan wrote:
I think it's too early in the season to decide but based on current form: Abbas, Topor, Dapuzzo, Kanta, Ljubo and maybe Kaz but we haven't seen him this season due to injury. The last game I saw of him was the Gold Coast final and from memory he was one of our better players when he came on.

Kaz is rubbish.

and its not too early, we can start resigning players come October.
sasha
sasha
Rising Star
Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)

our problems not up front its the shit midfielders we have the strikers are getting bad service, dapuzzo on the left has been terrible abbas is better behind the strikers not wide left. we have no other options though. elrich is good on the right he just needed some game time

i hope they dont pannick and sign another striker

Edited by sasha: 30/9/2010 12:36:14 PM
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Looks like we did panic and sign another striker :lol:
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Can confirm I've already got a poster of the mighty Jeffers on my wall. That beautiful face will put me to sleep easily.

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

:lol: I have Angus Young's "beautiful" face putting me to sleep at night.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

This is it boys. Starting today we will win the next 5 games leading into the galaxy game at the end of the month! mark my words.
Baker
Baker
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)

Oath jeffers will smash some goals for us 5 for 5
Diegos Son
Diegos Son
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

All the best to the Jets, happy to hear about the general good things happening there. Get the stadium management issue sorted though!
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Ljubo and Zadkovich are out this week. Zadkovich has been playing out wide in the past 2 games hasn't he? I guess Kaz would come in unless Jesic is put out there and Haliti starts up front. And Regan in for Ljubo obviously.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Jets_Fan wrote:
Ljubo and Zadkovich are out this week. Zadkovich has been playing out wide in the past 2 games hasn't he? I guess Kaz would come in unless Jesic is put out there and Haliti starts up front. And Regan in for Ljubo obviously.

Suspended?

Play Haliti with Franny, and Jesic out wide.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Yea both got their fifth yellows.

---------Haliti--------Jeffers-----------

Abbas----Kanta---------Kasey--------Jesic

Dapuz----Topor---------Regan--------Elrich

--------------Kennedy---------------------
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Well it seems that next season we will be looking at a Griffiths, Bridges, Payne attack.

Also, we are undefeated at home this season thus far :D
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Jets_Fan wrote:
Well it seems that next season we will be looking at a Griffiths, Bridges, Payne attack.

Fill me in?

I hope Jeffers will be a part of our attack next season as well.
waggzzz2
waggzzz2
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

MidfieldMaestro wrote:
Jets_Fan wrote:

Fill me in?

I hope Jeffers will be a part of our attack next season as well.

chris payne signed for yous for 2 seasons i think
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Sweet as. Havn't found anything on the Herald website about this. Good signing if it's true. Although he is yet to discover his early season form. Where have you heard this from?

The signing of Payne must spell the end for Rooney, Zhang, Haliti, Petrovski, as we'd have Griffiths, Bridges, Jeffers, Payne running around for us upfront.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

MidfieldMaestro wrote:
Sweet as. Havn't found anything on the Herald website about this. Good signing if it's true. Although he is yet to discover his early season form. Where have you heard this from?

The signing of Payne must spell the end for Rooney, Zhang, Haliti, Petrovski, as we'd have Griffiths, Bridges, Jeffers, Payne running around for us upfront.

Look at this thread: http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=46104
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class

Cheers.

Great for us, terrible news for the Fury. I REALLY don't want any club to go the way of the NZ Knights.

EDIT: Just found out Payne is a Coastie. :shock: :-&

:lol: Kidding.

Edited by MidfieldMaestro: 7/12/2010 11:37:47 AM
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class

According to NBN News, Wheelhouse has been given a 2 match ban by the FFA.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Why did we have to jinx ourselves at the start of the season by saying that our squad has heaps of depth.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

We need some passion, and also luck which the scum always fucking get

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

sasha
sasha
Rising Star
Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)

Jets_Fan wrote:
Why did we have to jinx ourselves at the start of the season by saying that our squad has heaps of depth.

speak for yourself
Anchor Man (defend)
Anchor Man (defend)
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

Having lots of ordinary players in one position =/= depth.

Seeing as the thread's bumped, would we rather The club signed a few players in january to try and salvage this season or not bother and try to start as fresh as possible for next season?

After this arvo, I vote for the latter
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Request for marconi to change title of thread to: "Newcastle Jets - Our mine guys is better than your mine guy"
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search