Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
how can you not like this Gaffa :)
https://www.espn.com.au/football/blog-the-toe-poke/story/3988259/pep-guardiolas-coming!-liverpools-jurgen-klopp-dodges-man-city-rival-at-uefa-forum

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Euro qualis over, I think all our boys are a ok barring the known Salah ankle issue that I expect has been worked on plenty at Melwood being he stayed.
So back to club football this weekend - we got another bogey club Palace away koff 2am Sunday our time.
I'm confident getting the result.
Some other good matchs that would help going our way,
city home to chelsea, a draw would be perfect.
SU vs united, now that should be interesting but smack em SU.
Ryan/Mooy host the Foxs, be nice if they could do us a favour win or draw.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Lol. Perfect response.

On another note, I know how many fans are almost superstitious talking about the eventual fortunes of this team by seasons' end so I'm not going to say too much, but a few nights ago I had this dream and while there wasn't much I saw- I saw enough very clearly. I might talk more about it in April or May, but I'm quietly optimistic about how the rest of LFC's season turns out...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep don't say anything what was in your mind, most of your dream reports have turned out pretty close but I just don't want to look or say anything this far from May/April so zip it my friend.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Haha. I'd love it if I could draw a picture of what I saw, put it in a sealed envelope and hand it out to LFC fans everywhere with "Do Not Open Until Seasons' End"...just so if what I saw manifested, they'd know I didn't make it up on the spot.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

you can PM your premonition haha.....

Not unexpected he wanting to leave for sometime but wow Poch shown the door.
IF they go the chosen one all the best haha ! idiots.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

people say the a league recycles what about the epl? if jose coaches spurs he's been at 3/6 top clubs in england 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

massively different levels MCG.
Recycling there has been going on for yonks be it coachs/players - but its counter balanced by the amount of new players into the league every season and countless not ordinary as well.
You can get away with it when the quality overall is high.....
I'd hate to count how many coachs have been sacked in recent years due to whats at stake thats the difference, relegations and money !.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

So, Spurs home ground will now be known as White Bus Lane?

What I might do is draw a picture, scan just a tiny piece of it and upload it here with my signature- then come seasons' end, depending upon what happens, I may upload the full thing...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I read somewhere that Pep/Klopp now are the longest serving gaffas in the epl now.
Well, its like a book re mou, honeymoon for rest of the season and the rot will start through next, Levy is to blame I gather not opening the cheq book enough for Poch, mou was desperate getting back in and surely knows he won't have a budget he wishs for.
Their chelsea/united games prior Christmas will be hoots to watch the banter he'll get, especially quoting 4yrs ago he'd never go to spudz

"I would not take the job because I love Chelsea supporters too much."

11points from 4th, will be fun.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Well I drew it and there's the cropped little piece. Just for the record.

Looking at the draw, both LFC and City have the return fixture in London against Spurs to play in a couple of months and considering the managerial change there it gets more interesting. In our favour is that LFC have won 3/6 possible points against them so far, while City only have 1/6.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

another late 3points banked.
Salah on the bench Ox in his place, Lovren partnering VVD rest usual start up squad
Another tuff game to watch for we made far too many errors and Palace sure have some lively players as we all know when you do that.
TAA was having a shocker 1st half against Saha, it wasn't like Saha ripped alot but TAAA made error after error one of those days. (he redeemed himself 2nd half and with his usual pin point switch balls that were brilliant)
Yes VAR came into it again our way against the run of play could have been 1down but thats the game today, tech making the calls, Lovren was knocked over in the box with no ball around him.
We weren't settled all half and they were breaking our line more than I liked but VVD was always there to clean up.
Soon after re start it was typical Mane putting us ahead 49min.
We should have put another way had enough chances and you get punished, 1-1 a soft goal (82min) to Saha Lovren and others were ball watching !!!
It was looking like a draw but within minutes were pumping their end and traffic in the box a few attempts Bobby finally guides it in for a welcome 2-1 !
City having not played would have been hoping lime mad for the draw but not yet !
It continues the whole ‘mentality monsters’ theme with the winning goal once again coming in the final five minutes of the game; but rather than steely grit and fierce determination, this was a nervy affair and an anxious last few minutes. If Wilfred Zaha was as good a finisher as the pundits would have you believe, the game would have ended 2-2. Thankfully he’s not.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

CL Thursday morn 6.30am koff vs Napoli @ home.
They are not in good form in SerieA ( last 5 games - 4draws 1loss) but I can't recall a easy game vsing them in recent years.
Looking forward to our line up and game.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Another hard game against bloody Napoli......
They really give us a challenge especially when we again didn't play well and our line up was tweeked some looking ahead for the next game......
TAA on bench and Gomez at RB.
Milly in the middle instead of Ginny.
Fabinho injured mid 1st changed our stability.
Then we also were like in 2nd gear at koff for most of the half.
A swift counter by them had VVD go down and Lovren stayed up hoping for the offside, you can't let that Mertons attack your goal and that he did with a sweet shot across Ally from the right into the left side netting, well taken have to say but Wake Up LFC.
We came out more invigorated the 2nd and had most of the possesion, Anchelotti was always going have them sit back.
Pressure finally broke em and Lovren met a Milly corner very well left side of goals.
We really should have put them away a couple more times but just wasn't to be for our game overall wasn't fluent enough.
We gave away alot of ball.
Salah had a ordinary game, Mane wasn't himself - it was overall a sub par performance for all but we keep on keeping on..
Need a draw at worst gets us through vs Red Bull away 11/12.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

1.50am koff Anfield vs Brighton.
Sorry Matt and Mooy but I hope we put your mob away.
Hows these pre match stats
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/375516-liverpool-brighton-stats-klopp-dalglish-record

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

A great days' results as the winning streak continues and the other major title contender drops more points. Allison or not, I expect Thursdays' game to be a tense one. For the blue shite, this is their Cup Final and they are desperate for a win to keep the heat off the relegation battle. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

we can rely on Adrian some, nowhere near as good as Alli but good enough.
Good result as mentioned re citeh but the Fox's are on the run.
yer gonna be a huge one vs the Toffs, their main badge of honour left this season to play for barring getting their house on order.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Looking at the game itself, never in doubt. Only had that faint niggle of uncertainty because it's the bitters and this is the first of their two Cup Finals for the season. Goodison feels like a Championship ground, and it might be hosting Championship football very soon. Getting relegated might be a good thing for that lot- might actually shake the joint up because they've been cruising on mediocrity for all but small blips since the PL began.

Going to be fun at karate training tonight- my sensei is an Evertonian!

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

the best thing about this team is that anyone can do the job we are not relying on one or two players. klopp is a genius 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

hope you enjoyed your karate night CH and some :)
Toffees reacted after our belting and exit of Silva that suits us fine knocking chelsea off as did citeh losing now 14points in arrears.
Mmmm Brendans Foxs on the roll, we meet them 27/12 away 8 behind us, hope we don't suffer more injuries prior so were at full strength.
What a convincing 1st half only blimp was having to sub Lovren possibly cramp or something hoping nothing too serious.
Rotation is going well - and as mentioned everyone is stepping up so good to see and were starting to play more fluent now after grinding out results.
Keita is coming when we need him good game, Salahs back heel to Keita was pure support sync.
Despite Bournemouth players dropping off like flies with injury I doubt anything would have been different if at full strength our team is on such a high.
Yes Klopp and his support are doing a great job and his player vision who suits our squad says it all.
This article noting ex Reds Solanke and Ibe
https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-transfers-bournemouth-17383452
The busy schedule challenges all, I'm not worried dropping a point or loss sooner or later in the league its injuries that will dictate our destiny.
Coming games :
11/12  CL vs Red Bull - draw gets us through to last 16.
14/12 PL Watford @ home.
17/12 League Cup QF Villa
18/12 Club World Cup
21/12 Club World Cup
next league game vs's Hammers game postponed TBA.
26/12 PL Foxs away - this is the one to win !
Then we have a NY break first game 2020
3/1 PL Sheffield United @ home.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I wore my LFC shirt to training and (for various reasons) nobody else turned up so I essentially got a 1 on 1 lesson. I said nothing about the game and neither did my sensei, funnily enough.

Leicester are being talked about as possible challengers now that City have lost again, and Leicester are in great form. I'm glad that LFC have them done and dusted for the season before NYE, and the game in hand against West Ham could well work in our favour. One thing with Leicester is, look at who they've played the last meeting with LFC- all lower ranked/ underperforming teams. Regardless of the result on Boxing Day, I'm not convinced they can sustain a challenge or that they'll continue getting 3 points when versing other top 6 sides. I predict that before seasons' end they'll face some real pressure from Spurs and MAYBE Man United. The battle for the title is between LFC and Man City, and Man City you'd have to say are all but written off. For Leicester, Chelsea, Man United, Spurs and possibly the Blades, there's developing a big battle for the remaining 2 CL spots.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

pity about others not turning up for their training......

Good points re Fox's - most since our game have been mid to lower table for I haven't re checked their fixtures til right now.
Before our coming game they face City away then us, both those games will already tell their season.
Feb notable games - Chelsea/City - Spurs/United last 2 games.
Add in the wild cards.

City 14points in arrears I just can't see that flipping like it occured last season, I'm sure we will get some heart attacks but......
Notable games to me for us from Jan 2020
A Spurs 12/1
H United 20/1
A Toffees 15/3
A City 5/4
A Chelsea 10/5
mix in our spinners, Palace/Toons last game.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Looks like this could be your year... When did you last win the league??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I'm not going for the bait, I'm sure you know :)

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

LFC. - 10 Dec 2019 4:38 PM
I'm not going for the bait, I'm sure you know :)

It was a legitimate question as I couldn't remember. I just googled it. 

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Dec 2019 7:30 PM
LFC. - 10 Dec 2019 4:38 PM

It was a legitimate question as I couldn't remember. I just googled it. 

ah ok, loooong time between Prem trophies.

Just watched us win our last CL group game against a very good young Salzburg side.
We were under the pump all 1st half and they and us unlucky not to score.
Great game to watch - good play all round.
We just keep on keeping on 2 goals in 2min 2nd half snuffed them out, we should have put away a few more and Salah, he's a freak, he missed 3-4 easy ones tbh but he puts away an amazing goal acute angle with his weaker right foot, check the replays its mad ! a good win and finish top of the group to R16.
1 of 10games the next month but what a strong last 3 games its been.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Good read.......
https://www.espn.com.au/football/blog-the-match/story/4009937/liverpool-reach-champions-league-knockoutsshow-why-they-could-be-favourites-to-win-everything

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Watford made us work for it, infact they pressed us high alot and should have scored 2 at least, thats their problem, good side but GF are at 9 after 17 games to our 42 for eg.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Our coming WClub Challenge Semi opponent Monterrey
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/12/monterrey-the-lowdown-on-liverpools-club-world-cup-opponents/

Also good we heard Gini is ok to travel with the squad
https://tbrfootball.com/liverpool-fans-react-as-gini-wijnaldum-is-included-in-club-world-cup-squad/

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-curtis-jones-jurgen-klopp-17425028

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

As we know Jan window is approaching.
Its obvious we need to bolster the squad and I'm excited days ago the mention of Japanese player Minamino.
He is a pocket rocket, quick,skillful and I can see the perfect Klopp type of player in him but my first thing wanted to see was another CB or LB tbh.
Wheter this comes off or not we shall see but I trust our recruiting team
https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2019/12/16/21023306/liverpool-to-sign-coventry-city-full-back-january-andy-robertson-joe-gomez-james-milner
Minaminno I expect is a given fingers crossed and should fit right in pretty quick - perfect for the run end of the season.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/12/how-the-arrival-of-takumi-minamino-could-change-mohamed-salahs-role/

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search