Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Poor Lambs.
Good for them I guess knowing where they need to strive for at this stage of their careers.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

looks like the season is over klopp OUT 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

yep were done :)

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Was still sad about the loss, even though it was all but guaranteed. Would have liked for a few of the fringe first teamers to be left behind and actually have a proper crack, but oh well. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 19 Nov 2019 2:29 PM

Lol. Perfect response.

On another note, I know how many fans are almost superstitious talking about the eventual fortunes of this team by seasons' end so I'm not going to say too much, but a few nights ago I had this dream and while there wasn't much I saw- I saw enough very clearly. I might talk more about it in April or May, but I'm quietly optimistic about how the rest of LFC's season turns out...

Leicester will win the Title this season
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Kamaryn - 18 Dec 2019 1:16 PM
Was still sad about the loss, even though it was all but guaranteed. Would have liked for a few of the fringe first teamers to be left behind and actually have a proper crack, but oh well. 

agreed, I felt for them but it is what it is due to the heavy schedules, this Club WC is a pain tbh but also shame the FA and Cup organisers couldn't come to a more suitable time to play but tbh don't know where it could have been moved to in any case.
We also have FIFA just wanting to increase tournaments/teams etc like the Club Cup purely for the sake of making more dollars incl tv rights.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well watched the CWC semi earlier this morn.
Were stretching our resources as we all know.
VVD not playing due to being crook, tbh I'm glad he's having a rest.
Firmino/Mane/TAA on the bench + a few academy boys.
Hendo at CB with Gomez
Milly at RB
Ox/Lallana/Keita mids
Origi/Salah/Shaqiri up front.
Monterrey played a 5-4-1.
They put in but their passing wasn't as sharp or accurate, a few good chances created but we pretty much were above them.
Good play put Keita through for our 1st goal.
Then they leveled on a counter.
Game went to the 90min with alot of possesion it was going to give and it was Bobby putting in a nice glance past their keeper.
Into the Final vsing Flamengo Sunday 22/12 4.30am koff.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

What a great signing imo....fits right in perfectly HNY already.
Welcome Takumi Minamano @ $13.84M value !
Touch wood your out there vsing the Toffees 3rd round FACup 6/1.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

3rd trophy for 2019, Club WChamps added.
Was a tuff game against Flamengo, they are good !
A few chances should have been put away earlier in the 90 and they had theirs but overall this team never stops.
ET and some good play from the re start and there is Bobby to put it away after good lead up.
The Ref was from Qatar and some his whole performance was typical of their style, inconsistent which was annoying.
Flamengo was pulling players back, the injury acts from tackles and the keeper acting like he pulled a hammy through normal time but recovery to the end haha, love these type of tactics NOT.
Only negative I think Ox done ankle ligaments.
Overall well done all, tiring for sure but when they would have heard of City doing Leicester that CWC trophy is well worth it.
Have a good rest till were @ home next. 

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Should definitely have been a bigger win against a Flamengo team who had fairly good defence but rarely matched LFC's strikepower up front. Some of that you can blame on the ref's infuriating inconsistencies, and I also wonder if the stadium layout played a part in how sloppy some of the last passes were to the front 3- the stadium was round as opposed to rectangular and its' harder for players to find reference points when there's the illusion of more space. Not happy with the bullshit-o-clock kickoff time or the fact I had another 30 minutes wasted away waiting for the result to come in, but won another trophy at the end and we now get that deserved gold badge on the jersey. Also might be quite a positive result to have Leicester drop more points in the meantime- big opportunity to extend the gap by weeks' end...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Ducked up to the bottlo earlier to stock up as those inclined would :)
Had my LFC shirt on, can't believe how many comments positive from passer bys and only 1 "oh a Liverpool supporter" haha eat it brother.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Why did I have concerns about this game away ?
That were playing games galore, here there everywhere the last couple of weeks.
Injuries ? Lovren/Matip/Fabino and Ox the other day.
You'd think a little chink would occur right ?
After being dusted up by City the weekend before expected the young Fox's and at home a real handful and make amends for that loss and playing us.
They would have thought what a right time to host us and the bizz round the ground was huge.
Within in minutes Mane could have scored.
Similar followed the next 10 watching I thought we are on for we amazingly looked sharper/faster than recent weeks despite winning.
The confidence is oooozing out from this squad in spades.
TAA is a machine and playing like a late 20's accomplished vet - his cross's especially the one Bobby met and glanced beautifully for the 1st goal was master class.
1up at HT.
Fox's put up resistance but just couldn't hang on the ball enough to cause much and what defending, Vardy was out of the game.
Infact they hardly had a shot on goal all game and Allison was have been thinkign give me some action.
74th min we just clicked a gear - Bobby again putting away another TAA rippa cross looked as if he had all the time in the world where to put it away.
More pressing into their box and we get a pen 76th min, Millys first touch having just come on bang its 3nil !
Another counter raid 78thmin and the ball shifts out to a speeding TAA bit out of the box and he rifles it first time across Schmeichel into the left corner 4nil !
To think BR quoting the loss to City was a huge divide lsoing to the reigning champs what is being said about this now.
We got to Thank City/Pep what were doing this season having lost by a point - we want this so bad were showing them all we've stepped up even more especially in the THE Big games, convincing is not describing this enough - its stamping authority.
TAA is the fav after this MOTM performance, @ 21yrs, 3 trophies, 20 assists in 2019 !
The records are tumbling what this squad and Klopp are delivering and how sweet it is being a longlonglong time LFC supporter.
I'm more happier for the younger brigade who are seeing the Mighty Reds where they have belonged - YNWA.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I expected a tight game this morning, 2-2 or 2-1 to us, with Vardy causing pain up front. But apart from a break up the right hand side towards the end of the game, I barely noticed him. This was a game that had a 6 point swing in it potentially, so great to emphatically make such a statement about how well-drilled and prepared this squad is. Highlight for me was just after T.A.A scored the 4th goal and the camera pans around him, celebrating alone with just the sound of the travelling Kop cheering. It was like something out of a movie or a documentary about this young star and his coming of age moment. Then out of nowhere, Hendo barges in roaring 'YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!' except it sounds less like he's cheering and more like he's impersonating a T-Rex. Cracked me up even watching it live and still gives me a good chuckle watching it back.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I expected this was going to be tuff, the Fox's game hit a peak and this was a classic grinding win as we've shown for sometime now.
Nuno is doing a great job at Wolves and results show it.
1nil wins under the circumstances are as good as 4nil, 3points is all that matters in the end.
What a end to 2019 for us.
50 games unbeaten @ home to date.
Chelsea 86 games 04-08 - and our Reds from 78-80 63games ahead at this stage.
17straight home league games, won 27 of our last 28 overall and unbeaten in 36 league games home away overall.
13points ahead into Jan.
HNY fellow LFC supporters.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

After this mornings' win it's as good as over. 

It's odd, because for a long time when imagining the drought breaking I thought it would come at the end of a topsy turvy season with a tight title race going to the last day and climaxing with an "AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" fairytale ending with someone like Gini or Divock clinching the goal that would seal the result and make them a lifetime member of LFC. 

But instead, we're doing it with a level of dominance you'd see from one of the Big 2 in the SPL/ La Liga, Bayern Munich or PSG. Not only that but there's the real chance we could match Arsenal's invincibles feat with a greater points tally. Imagine our first PL trophy being a gold one?

Like after Steve McLaren's Spice Boys, 0-0 draws against rubbish teams costing us the 2008/09 title after losing just twice all season, Stevie G slipping, shipping 3 goals in 15 minutes to Palace losing the title by 11mm after racking up 97 points last season....and the season it finally all falls into place it's barely a sweat and we went undefeated and wrapped up the league with weeks to go...

It would be the most LFC thing ever.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Its surreal how results have panned out for us to date and how we keep winning with the injuries/rotation and all, I'm feeling every good moment and result is like a Aguero haha.....
I don't like this Invincible's talk, chicken before the egg stuff and I'll be blown we go through undefeated, I can't see that at this stage....but lets wait and see.
The pain of the past keeps me on edge - I won't be satisfied till its mathematically in our hands.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

This whole team is packed but I love mane he is so strong on the ball 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and Mane proved it again just now against the Blades.
Can't just single him out mind you for the whole squad are beasts on the ball, Firmino is a machine and his skill is to die for that complements both Salah/Mane so much.
This game the possession % was 75% to 25%, they won the ball so much, passing accuracy 90%.
970 pass's to 326.
Blades played with 5 backs most of game.
Both goals were peach and typically the 2nd a counter deep from our half 4 pass's Mane finishs, Salah assist in traffic was superb.
5 clean sheets in a row, not since 07.
Hendo has stepped up even more this season, got MOTM today.
Gomez is playing superb off VVD, who doesn't.
Were yet to have Matip/Lovren/Shaq/Fabino back from injury, Keita a slight niggle - Mannamino to be introduced (whoever else may come in through Jan window) - with the heavy schedule so far soooooo gooooood.
Looking promising for the rest of the season and the CL.
Klopp and his team with FSG's support have done brilliantly.........

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Jurgen Klopp’s side have 58 points from 20 games.

The Reds’ last league defeat came at Manchester City 364 days ago and Sheffield, for all their honest endeavour, never looked like becoming the first team to win a league match at Anfield since April 2017.

Liverpool charge forward into 2020 in the same manner they approached 2019 having now taken 85 points from a possible 87, with 28 wins and a draw.

A groin injury to Naby Keita in the warm-up forced Liverpool into a late change with James Milner promoted to the starting line-up, reducing Klopp’s options further for Sunday’s home FA Cup Merseyside derby

Most of the Reds’ starting XI will be now hoping to have a welcome nine days without a match but such is the rapidly reducing nature of the squad - now missing eight players - that weary legs may be pressed into action again.

I'm not sure about weariness TBH, winning and squad harmony is a drug that keeps you going no matter whats ahead.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

https://www.planetfootball.com/trending/virgil-van-dijk-is-the-only-superstar-centre-back-in-football/

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/11-stunning-stats-to-sum-up-liverpools-unbelievable-2019/

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

You can see why Sheffield United have done so well- their defence is sturdy, both goals came from straight up errors rather than being outwitted. All the same, LFC yet again on another level to their opponents. 

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Watching the fa cup match against Everton Adrian has saved us with three amazing saves, Milner injured himself after 6 mins and it’s really our reserve team against Everton 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer they had their chances seems just not to be haha......and every single back up player stands up its amazing this keeps occuring.
What a game this 2nd string squad played haha - against a starting 11 Toffees.
Oh the hurt keeps hurting.
Adrian what a back up keeper we nabbed for free.
The young un's were far more comfortable with a few more Snr players around them.
That Jones is a bloody talent even better another scouser.
Looked so comfortable on the ball and skilful.
Minnamino on debut no one can complain, this guy once he's more settled will be a weapon.
Welcome back Ox from injury another huge plus.
Lallana had a stand out game as did Gomez running the young backline..

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

FFS someone please wake me up, its not a dream is it, and oh Bobby you just keep doing it !
It wasn't that pretty heck were away but man we had some possession and we dicked quite a few.
Yes they dicked 2 sitters but thats the diff, we took ours.
New top-tier record with 20 wins and one draw from 21 games to start a season, something no side in any of Europe’s top leagues has managed before.
Unbeaten in 38 Premier League games.
16points from the chasing pack with a game in hand :) and its only mid Jan !!!!!!!

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Congrats Hendo, English Footballer of 2019.....
Having a rippa season.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Bring on the United game @ home koff 3.30am tomorrow morn.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

How sweet it is !
United typically put up a great fight but overall - VAR took one great goal by Bobby.
Great header from a TAA corner by VVD.
Another was offside and through the game missed many chances and Hendo hit the bar with a great strike.
We smoked them for possession at times but we sure worked for it.
United put us on notice last 15mins that was edgy watching but they just had no finishs and when Allison had the ball for a quick release when they all were pressing high from a corner puts Salah through at halfway to run though to the box with James on his heels strikes to beat DeGea for 2nil in the end and we all go wild !
Kop even singing then were going to win the league knowing Fergie was in the crowd watching :)
Back on the perch as they say.
Still only end of Jan 16points ahead of City with a game in hand :)
YNWA !

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDG2fggVKZo

"Man United are like the pedo step-dad who's been taking all your sweets for 20 years and getting away with it" lol

There's also a great article on The Anfield Wrap about this game that I highly recommend you all take the time to read.

On the group text with some fellow Reds, I pointed out that (while not technically correct for a number of reasons), many people claim that Gerrard slipping against Chelsea was the moment LFC lost the 2013/14 title race. Likewise, while not technically correct, I reckon Mo's 93rd minute goal will come to be widely regarded as the moment LFC's title drought came to an end. In the same way the haters have spent the past 5 years posting that image of Captain Fantastic on all fours as Demba Ba races onto the loose ball as symbolising LFC perennially falling short, this photo will surely come to be associated with the promised land finally being reached:

">

So while not literally the moment LFC clinched the league title, I'm happy for it to be regarded as such- considering who it was against. The fact their fans were the ones with a front row seat to it after 3 decades of giving us shit is schadenfreude. Jab that into my veins, lad!

But Wolves at Molineux are next- and focus has to now be given to doing everything possible to eclipse Arsenal's invincibles. Clearing the 100 point record. After years of "next year is our year" and "history FC" and "You'll Never Win Again" and all the shit we've copped while Man United, Chelsea and (more recently) City fans have carried on like swinging dicks, I want to not just win the League but rub their noses in it and force everybody- even the most ardent of haters- to admit we're the best team ever seen in English football. And do everything to match United's '99 treble. Time to go all out, one game at a time...

Edited
4 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

here here !
A real shame we didn't put away more chances to rub it in more !
Funny stat, Mourinho got sacked after our 3nil win last year but had more points at this stage than OGS's mob.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 22 Jan 2020 11:11 AM
here here !
A real shame we didn't put away more chances to rub it in more !
Funny stat, Mourinho got sacked after our 3nil win last year but had more points at this stage than OGS's mob.

Yeah thrashing them would've been great, but that happened on their home turf in 2009 and 2014 and ultimately what did either of those seasons amount to?

Plus it was much funnier this way-

Having controversial officials calls and luck go against us, with their lot growing in confidence throughout the game and beginning to think they'd be the jammy bastards who could grab a result late and salvage something from their season- to be able to say "Yeah you won the League/ went undefeated but you still couldn't beat us! Even in our worst season in years with your record breaking season you STILL couldn't get the better of United!" And that thought is going through their heads with every corner up the Anfield Rd end, with every Martial foray into the box, with every series of completed passes getting closer to their goal mouth and putting Alisson on alert...

Then in the dying moments that star player who's scored against every other PL team but your own runs downfield and sinks the final dagger confirming your defeat and strips his shirt of, causing your entire travelling end to have the most conflicting feelings about an enemy since Homer Simpson saw his neighbour in ski gear and muttered "Stupid sexy Flanders"...and just 30 seconds ago you were on your tip-toes thinking you were going to deny the all-mighty team you hate twice in the season but now you're consigned to going home east on the M62 or back down to London goalless and with blue balls...and then their insufferable home end burst out into rapturous song about their teams' destiny this season and you know it's true...and after 25+ years of giving that lot down the other end constant shit for failing, you have to see the tables turn with your own eyes...

Inject that into my veins, please.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search