Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Melbcityguy - 26 Feb 2020 12:39 PM
i really hope gerrard is there when we get the title i think i might tear up though 

yer don't bring it up, I'm sure he will as well.
I LOVE the Player, the perfect example of playing for your Club/shirt no matters what offered to you during your career.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Well, I could see ths coming from a few weeks back.
Been getting out of jail since that break, even before it.
Hammers/Norwich games were at the death and such struggles.
All are playing with 11 in their half to stifle our attack as all can see.
The Watford game was perfect execution by them watching it, kudos to them but we looked strained, not winning 2nd balls enough and it was like as if we expected something was going to happen But it didn't.......
I think its also showing how much were missing Hendo's workrate and inspiration in the middle.
Some are saying typically when Lovren is int he start line up.
Their 1st goal we were ball watching, soft as.
Can't blame him entirely at all, Robbo/TAA had no flanks to attack, Wijnaldum wasn't his usual, neither is Fabinho.
Also the pressure that has kept on building up up to this point.
One of my sons asked am I disappointed re undefeated ? obviouly it would have been an epic achievement and who wouldn't be happy but it is what it is thats football.
I want that League Trophy no matter - its in our hands And I think its the perfect reset they have needed.
The Atleti 1st leg was another game we should have put away - not like the Hammers/Norwich games but were not being as lethal up front.
Klopp mentions "freedom" now, I agree.
Just what we need for the important CL @ home coming up and the rest of the season.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Another loss. Form slump getting quite worrying now. As "LFC" said, it's been coming for a while but now we are looking in trouble. Missing Hendo massively, and no creativity in the midfield at all atm - so if Robbo/TAA aren't firing assist wise/playing, we've got little creative outlet. Maybe it's time to buy Coutinho back after all.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kamaryn
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Don't need Coutinho as much as another Hendo in regards to stats.

With the exception of West Ham (who to their credit were quite spirited) 3 of the last 4 games have been away fixtures. Klopp clearly wasn't interested in playing a full-strength side away to Chelsea, which people can back or criticise to their liking. I imagine the return to Anfield against Bournemouth this weekend will feature the full-strength starting 11 and the aim will be to set the platform for the return leg against Atletico mid-week.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Its the 1st game this season I haven't watched live, nor the replay as yet but I doubt I'll bother.
Yes I can see that CH re our line up - looks like Lampard used his top veterans and only Kante out still due to injury.
A strong squad.
Can see his logic, resting Bobby/Salah < bench/Ox/TAA/Allison but that squad still looks good enough to deliver but not this one.
Good to see Milly getting back.
I haven't even seen the goal replays but read our errors.
Fabinho isn't in the same groove yet as prior his injury.
Playing away adds to the pressure.
I'm disappointed and not, probably not the right mindset for I sure would have preffered us still being on the high and killer instinct.
Something has had to give - its been a climb for 2 seasons, alot of football.
What its showing imo now our bench needs to be strenghed up in the summer.
We got to strike back next game leading into the CL but gonna be another huge one, when arn't they.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

LFC. - 4 Mar 2020 2:29 PM
Its the 1st game this season I haven't watched live, nor the replay as yet but I doubt I'll bother.
Yes I can see that CH re our line up - looks like Lampard used his top veterans and only Kante out still due to injury.
A strong squad.
Can see his logic, resting Bobby/Salah < bench/Ox/TAA/Allison but that squad still looks good enough to deliver but not this one.
Good to see Milly getting back.
I haven't even seen the goal replays but read our errors.
Fabinho isn't in the same groove yet as prior his injury.
Playing away adds to the pressure.
I'm disappointed and not, probably not the right mindset for I sure would have preffered us still being on the high and killer instinct.
Something has had to give - its been a climb for 2 seasons, alot of football.
What its showing imo now our bench needs to be strenghed up in the summer.
We got to strike back next game leading into the CL but gonna be another huge one, when arn't they.

Yes, my big hope out of all this is that it forces us to buy a few players over the break rather than get complacent.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kamaryn
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well the run of this season and last years success sure is putting some revenue back in the coffers as it been reported of late.......
Some players sure have to come in through the summer but who we shall see.
All this Werner talk I think will not happen.
Sancho ? again like Werner - both these players are doing well in Bundas.
We need a 10 imo.
Another attacking mid, Keita is struggling to be a key attacker like Ox.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

A little bird mythical bird 😉 told me that you are somewhat lonely in here, so I've just popped in to say hello. So - Hello 😄👋

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

:laugh:

Thanks for dropping in.....anytime mate, hence why I'm happy dropping in the Bhoys thread for I have interest in many leagues.
Got me baffled why not many Pool supporters arn't posting in the form we've been in last couple of seasons.
Our time to shine - at least the Captain and Kamaryn come by but surely there is more of us.

Thanks christ we steadied the charge last night.
Few more wins whenever they come its done !

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Edgy home CL 2nd leg coming up tomorrow.
I'm confident were going to stand up and deliver.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

LFC. - 11 Mar 2020 9:43 AM
Edgy home CL 2nd leg coming up tomorrow.
I'm confident were going to stand up and deliver.

we did stand up but so so so many chances not taken should have given us the breathing room, price you pay.
Adrian's stuff up easy clearance gave them the chance needed but the real issue is not converting !!!!!!!!!!.
The stats of the game just blow you away.
Kudos to Atleti.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

We were unlucky in this match.
It would have been nice to go back to back, but at least we will soon be crowned Premier League Champions (if they don't cancel the league due to covid 19)
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I knew everyone would underestimate Simeone. He's a genius.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

jas88 - 12 Mar 2020 5:53 PM
I knew everyone would underestimate Simeone. He's a genius.

maybe many do I guess but I rate him thats for sure and I like him.
I like his style, like he played, like a dog on the bone and his teams play just as his personality.
I'd love him to finally dominate the Liga and stick more up the 2 royals of the league.
Overall I don't think his tactics outplayed us, they sat deep like most do vsing us though his sub choices were right but we were like a L plater in a shooting gallery for starters and Oblak made no errors and the couple of shots he didn't hold on a Atleti player was there to clean it up whereas we weren't.
Great game no doubt about it even being on the losing end, I was on the edge of my seat.
It was a mountain too high and I accept that after what the team (its still not a big sqaud) has done the last 2 1/2 seasons.
Were back in the top flight, were strong for a few more seasons now, thats gold in todays game for me.
And were about to win the League bloody virius or not lol......

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Maybe I'm tooo kind, Steve Nicholl blames Adrian for CL and FACup loss's straight out.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

As it stands, I can really only see two outcomes:

a) The FA ensures the remainder of the English league seasons are played out, even if it means moving the Euros (which they're conveniently hosting) to 2021. In which case LFC confirm what even the haters have known for several months now, and we mathematically clinch #19.

b) IF (and its' a big if) it's decided to cut the season short, it would be much easier to allow results to stand. To claim the past 8 months null and void would be a nightmare for the game on a number of levels and grossly unjust not just for LFC, but for teams like Man United, Sheffield United, Wolves, the bottom 3 and Leeds/ WBA in the Championship. Good luck telling all of them "Sorry, better luck next season" and expecting everybody to just cop it and move on. Fans of at least a handful of teams would literally riot and the FA would be tied down with a tonne of litigation (and rightfully so). There's just too much money at stake here. Should they make this unfortunate decision, it's only just to recognise LFC as the Champions, allow the bottom 3 to remain in the PL and promote Leeds and WBA for next season, where there'd be a 22-team PL with 5 relegation spots come seasons' end. 

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
4 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
There are too many teams still competing to be relegated from the EPL to just call the current table as the end result and consider it fair, so it can't be fair to give titles at the top end under the same scenario. 

Going to a 22 or more team competition is also unfair given the short notice, teams have been playing many windows of transfer planning around the current setup. Adding 2 extra teams to the comp throws up all other kinds market values etc that make a mockery of what teams are currently planning around. 

Pissant leagues like the A-League can get away with nonsense like introducing the VAR with 6 games to play, but big leagues like the EPL can't. 

The only reasonable solution here is to cancel the league, award nothing to anyone, start again next season. 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

So in a season that's more than 75% completed, a team with a 25 point lead requiring just 6 more points from 9 matches left shouldn't be recognised as the winners when virtually everybody (including the manager of the second-placed side) has already conceded the title?

Sides like Sheffield United and Wolves (to whom playing European football next season would make a big difference to those clubs in terms of signing power) and WBA and Leeds (who've been scrapping it out for 15+ years to return to the top flight) should effectively all be told "Yeah nah, sorry- we couldn't play up until the actual last round so anything you achieved so far and the money you spent is a write-off. Better luck next year I guess."?

Different sport here, but in motor racing if a race is red-flagged before the end due to conditions or an accident, the positions held on the last completed lap are deemed as the finishing positions and a winner is awarded. You don't hear people saying "Yeah, but that guy with a 30-second lead might've crashed out in the last few laps remaining so he shouldn't be given the trophy". 

It's not like the 1939/40 1st division season where just 3 rounds had been played before WW2 broke out and so abandoning the comp was reasonable. We're talking seasons that are (were) very nearly over where some results were pretty much a foregone conclusion. There would be way to much backlash for them to try and now claim it counted for nothing.

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 16 Mar 2020 1:07 PM
So in a season that's more than 75% completed, a team with a 25 point lead requiring just 6 more points from 9 matches left shouldn't be recognised as the winners when virtually everybody (including the manager of the second-placed side) has already conceded the title?

Sides like Sheffield United and Wolves (to whom playing European football next season would make a big difference to those clubs in terms of signing power) and WBA and Leeds (who've been scrapping it out for 15+ years to return to the top flight) should effectively all be told "Yeah nah, sorry- we couldn't play up until the actual last round so anything you achieved so far and the money you spent is a write-off. Better luck next year I guess."?

What about sides that invested in January to put a late charge to earn one of those European spots. 

What about the sides planning entirely around the promotion playoff finals spot in the Championship. 

Where does the line get drawn, if games can't be played the answer can't be anything but null and void in my mind.

I also would like to add anyone that does not agree with my thinking should not be allowed to watch and enjoy and encourage the Steven Bradbury video. He is not from your country, you cannot use that video to teach kids things, you have relinquished all rights to that video. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by pv4
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

We wait and see, what occurs by April for starters.
Things are changing daily - the next couple of weeks will really help whats to become by April 4 projected re start.
By then I hope deaths/infections will slow down or get in some form of control with all the awareness now/actions and isolations etc.....
The complications are HUGE regards every big sport, especially those with promo/relegation like ours.
I can't see any league just being cancelled, too many implications.
IF they don't go ahead and play out games behind closed doors some type of system will be introduced especially that in EPL there is just 9games left to play, Championship has similar.
I won't be surprised they will work off computer projections as well.
I've read of a 22 club comp but thats typical one journos pov.
Euros will be moved back.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro

I posted this in the Liverpool Reddit but if we get robbed of the title from here I am genuinely never going to watch football again. We've waited too long for a trophy only to miss out like this - I won't be able to handle it and I think I'll just wipe my hands. Melodramatic? Yes. Paranoid? Hopefully. But if it happens, I will be so disenfranchised that football and me are over.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Mmmm, I see your point but it is what it is.
I couldn't let go of the game and more so the Reds, no matter what happens YNWA.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

pv4 - 16 Mar 2020 1:19 PM
Captain Haddock - 16 Mar 2020 1:07 PM

What about sides that invested in January to put a late charge to earn one of those European spots. 

What about the sides planning entirely around the promotion playoff finals spot in the Championship. 

Where does the line get drawn, if games can't be played the answer can't be anything but null and void in my mind.

I also would like to add anyone that does not agree with my thinking should not be allowed to watch and enjoy and encourage the Steven Bradbury video. He is not from your country, you cannot use that video to teach kids things, you have relinquished all rights to that video. 

We'd have to weigh up the pro's and con's of each decision:

Null And Void Season

PRO'S:

- Clubs who invested in January to put in a late charge on European slots/ PL promotion wouldn't feel hard done by (not that anything changes through voiding the season, they're still missing out)

CON'S:

- Massive backlash from supporters of at least half a dozen clubs with rioting almost certainly breaking out
- The game being sued for big money by several clubs as litigation follows 
- Betting agencies losing hundreds of millions of dollars in refunds (not that I particularly care for the ubiquitousness of sports betting personally, but from a business standpoint this would be a disaster for them)
- A large number of fans won't bother renewing their memberships, TV subscriptions or spending another pound on the game. What's the point if they're going to get all the way to, say, late April in future then some unrelated world event means the past 8 months they invested in is suddenly declared worthless?

Season Cut Short- Results Stand As Of Last Completed Round

PRO'S:

- LFC are deservedly officially recognised as the #1 team of the 2019/20 Premier League season and enjoy the prize money and the trophy that comes with this award
- Sheffield United and Wolves are both rewarded for their excellent seasons with European football and the extra revenue/ player signing power that gives them, increasing the overall competitiveness of the PL and providing a huge shot in the arm for both clubs
- Leeds and WBA are both rewarded for being the two best teams in (arguably) the toughest league in English football and promoted to the PL with the extra revenue and player signing power those clubs would enjoy
- While not the most satisfying conclusion to the season, fans can take solace in the fact that the "final" table was accurate to what the final full season table would've been with at least 80% accuracy

CON'S:

- Clubs who finished just outside European qualification/ automatic promotion will lament what could've been (but then again, better or more consistent form in the 8 months played before the season was cut short could've saved it from this)

Edited
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

FFS just give it to Liverpool.  They deserve it more than anyone. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

Captain Haddock - 18 Mar 2020 4:25 PM
pv4 - 16 Mar 2020 1:19 PM

We'd have to weigh up the pro's and con's of each decision:

Null And Void Season

PRO'S:

- Clubs who invested in January to put in a late charge on European slots/ PL promotion wouldn't feel hard done by (not that anything changes through voiding the season, they're still missing out)

CON'S:

- Massive backlash from supporters of at least half a dozen clubs with rioting almost certainly breaking out
- The game being sued for big money by several clubs as litigation follows 
- Betting agencies losing hundreds of millions of dollars in refunds (not that I particularly care for the ubiquitousness of sports betting personally, but from a business standpoint this would be a disaster for them)
- A large number of fans won't bother renewing their memberships, TV subscriptions or spending another pound on the game. What's the point if they're going to get all the way to, say, late April in future then some unrelated world event means the past 8 months they invested in is suddenly declared worthless?

Season Cut Short- Results Stand As Of Last Completed Round

PRO'S:

- LFC are deservedly officially recognised as the #1 team of the 2019/20 Premier League season and enjoy the prize money and the trophy that comes with this award
- Sheffield United and Wolves are both rewarded for their excellent seasons with European football and the extra revenue/ player signing power that gives them, increasing the overall competitiveness of the PL and providing a huge shot in the arm for both clubs
- Leeds and WBA are both rewarded for being the two best teams in (arguably) the toughest league in English football and promoted to the PL with the extra revenue and player signing power those clubs would enjoy
- While not the most satisfying conclusion to the season, fans can take solace in the fact that the "final" table was accurate to what the final full season table would've been with at least 80% accuracy

CON'S:

- Clubs who finished just outside European qualification/ automatic promotion will lament what could've been (but then again, better or more consistent form in the 8 months played before the season was cut short could've saved it from this)

You definitely tried harder to finds cons in one scenario and pros in another. It doesn't feel like you'll look at this objectively, and that may be fine. 

I personally am not fine with teaching kids that a three quarters effort is good enough to wrap things up. Ever. 

Regardless of whether Liverpool are given the title or not, as an Arsenal fan we have copped hell over the Invincibles season for not doing much outside of the domestic league so it'll be nice to have someone achieve less, with more hype into their season as it unfolded. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Now that Euro has been deffered to '21 they have room to resume and finish comps going later into the year depending what the virius circumstances are come April and on.........
I expect the containement countries now implemeted will help reduce "infections" hopefully and in time things get back to some form of normality fingers crossed.
Its obvious from reading all clubs in any league hope to finish the season so as P&R goes through the normal finish standings and obviously winners.......
It such a mess if not regards to CL/Europa spots etcetc......

pv4, your still Invincibles no matter what, probably copped it too much from those pesky arrogant manure supporters.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

pv4 - 19 Mar 2020 8:57 AM
Captain Haddock - 18 Mar 2020 4:25 PM

You definitely tried harder to finds cons in one scenario and pros in another. It doesn't feel like you'll look at this objectively, and that may be fine. 

I personally am not fine with teaching kids that a three quarters effort is good enough to wrap things up. Ever. 

Regardless of whether Liverpool are given the title or not, as an Arsenal fan we have copped hell over the Invincibles season for not doing much outside of the domestic league so it'll be nice to have someone achieve less, with more hype into their season as it unfolded. 

It doesn't feel like you'll look at this objectively, and that may be fine. 

Then:

as an Arsenal fan we have copped hell over the Invincibles season for not doing much outside of the domestic league so it'll be nice to have someone achieve less, with more hype into their season as it unfolded. 

Look, if you can think of more pro's/ con's for each then be my guest to do so. I follow a number of football-related pages around the place and the overwhelming majority of arguments (even from Man United/ City supporters) has been in favour of this season counting for something. I tried to think of other advantages to declaring the season null and void that had nothing to do with anybody's subjective feelings about the teams involved, but I really couldn't find them. Even in a fully completed season there are teams who just miss out and teams who are hard done by. 

Regardless, at this point it looks as if the F.A is all-in on ensuring the season plays out, even if it means moving the cut-off date back again as many predicted they would.

Edited
pv4
pv4
Legend

Captain Haddock - 20 Mar 2020 12:56 AM
pv4 - 19 Mar 2020 8:57 AM

It doesn't feel like you'll look at this objectively, and that may be fine. 

Then:

as an Arsenal fan we have copped hell over the Invincibles season for not doing much outside of the domestic league so it'll be nice to have someone achieve less, with more hype into their season as it unfolded. 

After I said the objective line, the next two lines started with me openly stating I was using my own judgements and/or openly broadcasting my bias for the opinions that follow. I'm not hiding behind my personal and subjective opinions with this, I'm openly stating them. My objective views on it are in posts above it. 

If my maths is right, some teams have not even played 3/4 of their season yet, and most have "only" played 76% of their games. Think about any other context and ask yourself if you'd be happy to teach the world that less than 80% effort is good enough. If you are happy to do that then my personal opinion is I discourage you from ever taking your coaching licenses, and I implore you if/when you have kids to have a really good think about how you handle these lessons. 

If my maths is also right, only two teams are currently mathematically out of the relegation battle in the EPL and also the English Championship. All teams can technically still make the English Championship Playoff Finals if I'm reading it right too. I've only bothered to look at those two leagues for now and haven't even considered every option within them (like European qualification), but I'm sure I could draw heaps of scenarios world-wide if I bothered.

There is so much more that cancelling the league affects than just Liverpool being handed an asterisked title, and like I said it may be fine if you don't but you need to objectively look at the big picture to see it all. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

The big picture from the reading I have seen whenever the time comes to finish off the season they will.
There is too much at stake not just for a winner but the P&R as we know, EU/CL spots and Citys court outcome.
I won't be surprised whenever they start it will be 2 games a week with 8 left to play even into the summer.
EPL most teams are on 29/38 games - 4 on 28 which incl the Gooners.
Championship pretty similar.
8 to play + play offs.
All clubs on 37/46.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 23 Mar 2020 10:14 AM
The big picture from the reading I have seen whenever the time comes to finish off the season they will.
There is too much at stake not just for a winner but the P&R as we know, EU/CL spots and Citys court outcome.
I won't be surprised whenever they start it will be 2 games a week with 8 left to play even into the summer.
EPL most teams are on 29/38 games - 4 on 28 which incl the Gooners.
Championship pretty similar.
8 to play + play offs.
All clubs on 37/46.

This is it- they're committed to finishing the season, as it should be. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search