Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
lol, can it get any better Burnley winning @ OT not since 1962 !
We drained them :)

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

LFC. - 23 Jan 2020 2:13 PM
lol, can it get any better Burnley winning @ OT not since 1962 !
We drained them :)

it's weird that ole is not getting the pressure from the fans and media the other managers get 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

You haven't been reading enough I guess.
Fans are not happy with Glazers/Edwards - banner up OT game Glazers out or something as such.
Edwards has been coping flak for ages.
OGS is getting 50/50  - support in the way of give him a go and on the other hand he has no plan B or otherwise.....

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

onya boys, 1-2 win away to strong Wolves.
Hendo 8min goal and Bobby important 2nd 84min goal to break the deadlock and pocket the 3points !

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

LFC. - 24 Jan 2020 8:41 AM
You haven't been reading enough I guess.
Fans are not happy with Glazers/Edwards - banner up OT game Glazers out or something as such.
Edwards has been coping flak for ages.
OGS is getting 50/50  - support in the way of give him a go and on the other hand he has no plan B or otherwise.....

yeah i know the owners are copping it i just meant ole is not getting it like moyes,emery ect 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ah yes, some of the press is being easy on him thats for sure.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ooooops, nearly.
Does it really matter ? I don't know.
We took our eye off the ball, no matter a 2nd string team.
Replay now during the break, glad Klopp has said he'll still play with the similar line up.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

everyone is mad at klopp for his fa cup comments 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 28 Jan 2020 11:28 AM
everyone is mad at klopp for his fa cup comments 

yer I know, he isn't the only gaffa saying as is though.
The FA is draining the money pit - the fixtures have got out of hand and the clubs are suffering and players.
Rogers has quoted last week I think or week before forget replays, play pen shootouts on the night.
Mourinho/Pep have bitched about it, I've seen more from other clubs as well.
I agree on the pen shootout after normal time.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 28 Jan 2020 3:25 PM
Melbcityguy - 28 Jan 2020 11:28 AM

yer I know, he isn't the only gaffa saying as is though.
The FA is draining the money pit - the fixtures have got out of hand and the clubs are suffering and players.
Rogers has quoted last week I think or week before forget replays, play pen shootouts on the night.
Mourinho/Pep have bitched about it, I've seen more from other clubs as well.
I agree on the pen shootout after normal time.

ok here is a question for you.

we know klopp has a got a thrown in coach and he likes a tight close knitted squad.

what else do you think is the secret around our success at the moment (don't want to jinx it)  
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Mmm, huge question and everyone will have their version regards our climb back to where we belong.
One is Thankfully FSG saw the bigger picture long ago and didn't just throw money into the club needlessly, I have to hand it to them they have been smart business people.
Our achilles heal for the last 15yrs or abouts is lack of a strong bench and key positions.
We've had a pretty strong start up squad during SG/Carra days but those squads had weak links, if it wasn't for the SG types sacrificing themselves for the shirt we would have done worse.
Getting scorers like Suarez etc plugged the holes, especially in defense and keeper.
Rogers started to get good support but we over paid for some dud buys, Carroll for eg and others, not his decisions but the results rest on him but he did set a good platform.
In the end also he doesn't have the experience Klopp had.
These were set backs that put nails in his coffin but at the same time FSG saw the big picture and timing was right.
Getting Klopp was a massive coup and his team.
The smart selling and clean outs had been great business and Klopp right place right time with the financial support was wise in his recruitment.
Look at buys not "big name" players that have grasped Klopp's philosophy - Robbo/Mane/discarded Salah/Gini/Fabinho.  
Ok big $ spends on VVD/Allison BUT these were positions we've lacked high quality for years and still were not the big name players they have become.
He and his team of assistants research the type of players that will adjust to their game strategies/personalities have been brilliant hats off to them on the great work.
The U23's have a motza of talent benefiting from all the above and as we can see he's giving them chances, blooding them in, were on a good journey.
Also they engaged with the Kop and all fans creating the environment that once was back in the heydays.
Their personalities providing a great environment in the whole club, I feel Pep does similar BUT he has had far larger backing and I'm not sure has the clubs he represents through his veins as much as Klopp does.
I'm sure their would be players who don't like Klopp over his years but thats typical personalty clashs.
Overall he looks like a Boss you like to work for and give everything you can just as we can see, thats the secret of every Boss.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 29 Jan 2020 10:18 AM
Mmm, huge question and everyone will have their version regards our climb back to where we belong.
One is Thankfully FSG saw the bigger picture long ago and didn't just throw money into the club needlessly, I have to hand it to them they have been smart business people.
Our achilles heal for the last 15yrs or abouts is lack of a strong bench and key positions.
We've had a pretty strong start up squad during SG/Carra days but those squads had weak links, if it wasn't for the SG types sacrificing themselves for the shirt we would have done worse.
Getting scorers like Suarez etc plugged the holes, especially in defense and keeper.
Rogers started to get good support but we over paid for some dud buys, Carroll for eg and others, not his decisions but the results rest on him but he did set a good platform.
In the end also he doesn't have the experience Klopp had.
These were set backs that put nails in his coffin but at the same time FSG saw the big picture and timing was right.
Getting Klopp was a massive coup and his team.
The smart selling and clean outs had been great business and Klopp right place right time with the financial support was wise in his recruitment.
Look at buys not "big name" players that have grasped Klopp's philosophy - Robbo/Mane/discarded Salah/Gini/Fabinho.  
Ok big $ spends on VVD/Allison BUT these were positions we've lacked high quality for years and still were not the big name players they have become.
He and his team of assistants research the type of players that will adjust to their game strategies/personalities have been brilliant hats off to them on the great work.
The U23's have a motza of talent benefiting from all the above and as we can see he's giving them chances, blooding them in, were on a good journey.
Also they engaged with the Kop and all fans creating the environment that once was back in the heydays.
Their personalities providing a great environment in the whole club, I feel Pep does similar BUT he has had far larger backing and I'm not sure has the clubs he represents through his veins as much as Klopp does.
I'm sure their would be players who don't like Klopp over his years but thats typical personalty clashs.
Overall he looks like a Boss you like to work for and give everything you can just as we can see, thats the secret of every Boss.

good points here is the article i was reading https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11917674/liverpool-throw-in-coach-thomas-gronnemark-explains-his-role
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Thanks for the article.
Its all about the "details" when you have a winning team in any sport, let alone in business.
This is another piece of the Klopp puzzle, we have a problem that can be improved, what are others not doing, what can we improve that hundreth better than our opponents thats gives us an edge.
Visionary.
Interesting he's not listed on the staff list but I guess he's not fulltime being he divides his time with Ajax.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well the catch up League game vs the Hammers went as expected.
With their current table standing and having Moyes it was never going to be a worrying game.
From the koff they sat deep trying to stifle the inevitable and again we weren't on fire by all means.
Our dominance was obvious, 71% possession.
We rested Mane that was good and started Origi in his spot.
Even though its great winning not on full cylinders I feel our finishing just isn't where it should be against the lower table teams.
Yep were controlling the game, 2nil is always that edgy lead, we should be closing these games at 3 or more nil imo.
I feel for the Hammers club, they are one of the good feel clubs but I don't feel the same for ol Moyesi lol....
Nonetheless - @ 24 of 38 games were friggin 19points ahead of last years champs ! 19 !
Like 19 trophies coming up :)
36 points above united lol......
So happy for you younger Reds supporters, your finally seeing where we once were :)

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Another game of going to the end but putting away the chances as I wished for in a previous post.
Southampton are very good side, played like a top4 candidate.
Play similar to us. Very mobile/quick and Ingsy had his chances, was always a concern when on the ball.
Long is always a terrier.
Djenepo is quick and skillful on the flank.
and I rate Ward Prowse, great on the ball, dangerous spot taker.
We were on our game mind you, Gomez is getting even better, has to be being next to VVD as well as the ongoing winning.
Allison what a keeper, 1st half they pumped a couple of beauties thankfully to him but he hardly drops a save, his hands are glue !
Ox, where was this guy whilst at the gooners, he's stepped up with us so much, Mane out he was the x factor to settle us down, receives the ball just out of their box releases a great hard low strike left of the keeper who didn't even move it that unexpected 2mins into the 2nd half.
The build up play to Hendos well placed goal was peach, what more can you say about Bobby, he is that much class, his whole game was faints/flicks/step overs/ reverse pass's he's a magician, the ball to Hendo between 2 defenders in the box is so easy to him.
Salah a brace, what more can be said, once again look out when were defending a corner for it turns into attack and that he did with a great ball from Hendo for a one on one with the keeper.
We ended up being unstoppable at times mid half on.
Everyone played solid barring some errors.
Kudos to them though, they kept digging in and missed some chances.
4 goals, clean sheet.
Now for a deserved 2wk break for the main gang.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Thankyou Spurs !
22points ahead OMG.
Reading the stats below is mind boggling
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/liverpool-have-earned-mid-season-break-in-the-sun/sz7q99qtmhn71cn72k5pyrcmk

This is funny, city fan calling into Robbie Savages radio show
https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-man-city-fan-absolutely-loses-his-head-about-liverpool-on-radio-show-20200202

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Looking forward to see how the kids go this FACup replay in the morning.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

YNWA kids, a deserved 1nil win @ home in the FACup replay making the 5th round playing Chelsea.

Some intersting comments by journos :
https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os4903/fa-cup-wrap-liverpools-kids-claim-historic-win-newcastle-scrape-through

One thing is for sure - this is how you blood your YOUTH for the Snr football.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 3 Feb 2020 12:36 PM

That City fan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA

For me, winning the league has now become like a mates' bucks- something to look forward to but with no set date yet. Now I'm more interested in going undefeated/ eclipsing City's points record and the treble. 

Lately it's been like other situations in life where you want something for ages and imagine how good it will feel if/ when you get it. Then you get it and you're like "Yeah this is pretty cool. But life goes on." I remember the title races in 2008/09, 2013/14 and last year, the months leading up to the conclusion and imagining a kind of 'Fever Pitch' scenario where if they won the league then one day I'd look back fondly on this period in time when LFC ended their title drought. How I'd recall where I lived, the places I frequented, the music etc and it'd be one of those "moment in time" flashbacks. But here we are and I just go about business as usual each week, watch the games on the weekend and organise what games I'll head into the big venues to watch with friends. For years you'd wonder when LFC would crack through for their first PL title and those "nearly" seasons got your hopes up only for the narrative to end at some point- but now here we are and I haven't even taken it in that much. All I've noticed of late is that besides LFC, I've taken to reading articles about other teams' fortunes and watching a fair bit of channels like West Ham/ Arsenal Fan TV and even Full-time Devils because it's easy to get stuck in this red bubble and forget 19 other teams exist right now. I find it interesting to hear what the fans of the aforementioned sides are saying about their teams- frustrated Man United fans, Arsenal fans being....Arsenal fans, West Ham fans despondent. I've even been keeping an eye on the Championship (got a mate who's a Leeds fan) and working out who mathematically is a chance at promotion. But that's been the only notable difference this season, where the question isn't even "Can Liverpool win the league?" or "When are Liverpool going to win the league?" but "Can they go undefeated/ win the treble/ eclipse City's points record/ all three?"

So here it is, and yet...it doesn't feel as exciting as I once thought it would. There will be no Micky Thomas injury time miracle for us, no AGUEROOOOO moment- not this season anyway. Truthfully, I'm just enjoying watching good football and grateful it's my team doing it, also looking forward to watching upcoming games with friends and thousands of other LFC fans in Sydney- and that's about it? 

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
4 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I can relate to how your feeling in ways, how its panning out this season.
I too am reading more about the others, keeping an eye on more players that stand out, the transfers, the countless articles ones on OGS/Woodward and fans < got to say its so blissful post Fergi and giggles that where Mourinho had them now they'd take with both hands lol......F365, talksport and ofcourse Red forums.
It is very much now waiting for "when" we get the Title not "if" anymore.
I'm in a bubble how far ahead we are, unheard of !!!!!!!! and nobody has any ammo to knock us down, haha what a position.
Can't believe how everything is falling into place, it hasn't been LFC for sososooo long.
I go back to the heydays, mind you a teen and we were convincing back then winning many trophies but to consider being underfeated possibly ? madness.
The treble ?
TBH I'm not fussed as much about anything else but the Title - finally get that monkey off our back and so convincingly, undefeated or not it will still be the biggest win in the modern game by the look of it.
CL would be the cream on the cake but whatever.
This team is so slick to watch, funny you say no Ageurooo moments, yes that was in that final game circumstance but I got to say I get those "goosebumps" seeing when our boys are "ON" their game.
That Southhampton game had me gizzing so many times, were under the pump, copping it left right and centre but we stand defiant, Allison saves some "torpedos" - then its Bobbys touchs, Ox's run and strike ! Hendo's work rate then gets rewarded another blow to the net, Mo, not 1 but 2 and how was that last one, Alli release's the ball like a SG long pass from the back turning defense into attack in one move for Mo to run from halfway and we all know its 1on1 and bang its 4 to LFC against a team that had played so well.
So many moments TBH and more to come mate.
Savoir every single week every single play, ground hog day comes along only so often.
YNWA.

Love Football

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I've been reluctant to say when, not if, as I'm still scarred by the close calls of the past. I've been working out how many points that City could get if they won every remaining match and then seeing how much of a catastrophe it would take for us to not get enough points to be higher than them at the end of the season. 
I'm finally at the point where I think we're going to win, but I just can't really comprehend it. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes I was very reluctant for a while, who can blame us what we've gone through.
Highs thinking we're getting there and then such lows.
I just didn't want to admit or feel we got one hand on the trophy but those latest dropped city points have made me feel a lot better and now I think Come ON - 22 ahead.
Thats 7 loss's for them to get ffs, nah not going to happen unless half the squad gone awol or just lies down lol.....
I think the guys have that much hunger and desire now to keep going who knows how its going to end but it sure is going to be GREAT.
Check out this article - its up to them on the below and dragging us along for the ride
https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-records-jurgen-klopp-premier-league

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

hanging for the Canaries in the morning.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

LFC. - 15 Feb 2020 9:37 PM
hanging for the Canaries in the morning.

as all would know we survived the challenge, been mentioned what league has last place giving 1st such a game and tbh they were unlucky BUT we'll take it.

Minor hiccup right, Atleti done the amazing dog fight getting 1-0 in 1st leg CL.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Damn !
that was too close vsing the Hammers at home.
Every single Club comes to us for the badge of honour to knock us off which is the norm when you've kept winning like we have.
With all the possession and shots we have need to finish more off so as my nails don't keep getting bitten off haha.......
Overall were so convincing in possession and we know we go to the end but its getting to close sometimes for my liking.
Allison = BEAST, what a save that one on one.
Ox, what a diff he makes replacing Keita, Keita is not as convincing at present.
TAA, the kid just keeps delivering, won't be surprised most assists again this season.
Mo Mane Bobby - unreal players together - boys need more put away please :).

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

The Reds' dramatic escape ensured they equalled Manchester City's English top-flight record of 18 consecutive league wins set between August and December 2017.
LFC's 21st successive league victory at Anfield also equalled their own English top-flight record for consecutive home wins, set by Bill Shankly's team between January and December 1972.

Liverpool need four victories from their final 11 games to guarantee a first English title since 1990.

They are unbeaten in their last 44 league matches, just five short of Arsenal's all-time English record of 49.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I was never especially concerned this morning. West Ham were gallant, but LFC have too much quality compared to them and it counted in the end. Anybody still thinking Henderson is overrated can eat their words. We all saw what he leaves in his absence today. Having watched a bit of West Ham Fan TV over more recent months, it's easy to come away feeling something close to depression on their behalf...the team have been playing poorly, slid down into the relegation zone with fixtures against Man City and LFC looming, playing out of a soulless stadium with their spiritual home a memory. Their fans are concerned that should they go down, it'll be a long time before they can turn things around and return to the top flight. So with that in mind, while extending the winning run and the undefeated run felt great, if the Hammers had left Anfield with at least a point it would've been a huge boost for them. Interested to see how they fare over their next few games and whether this morning was a once-off or if it kick-starts a late charge well into the safety zone?

Watford away next, and they play better than their ladder position suggests...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
4 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Just watched the full highlights. We just find a way to go up a gear when needed.
Fabianski's error was lucky for us, but I reckon we would've found a way to score more anyway.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I thought about Hendos workrate and leadership through that game, I'm with you.
Yer Fabianski's error was their bad luck but thats football - we were pumping them and someone had to crack.
That was good lead up play for Mo's shot, should have been much harder but was enough forcing the error.
That disallowed goal was beautiful play.
Yes IF Hammers got that point it sure would have felt like 5 for them.
So needed.
Chalk and cheese performance by them vsing City compared to our game.
Really showed they can play and they have challenging games next 3 odd.
IF they don't get some points from them I'm afraid they are likely going down.
Good to see Matip back and ready, good backup again now for either CB's.

The next 4 challengers :
Watford A - fighting relegation, Deeney always a worry but their defense is the weakness as well as scoring.
Bournemonth H - fighting relegation as well, a compact unit, defense/scoring similar to above.
Toffs - next door, they are safe and Ancelottie has them more organsied and will be tuff to beat as always.
Palace H - safe pretty much as well but lacking goals, defense is pretty sound, we always have trouble against them.
Being optimistic I expect wins but the surprising can happen.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

i really hope gerrard is there when we get the title i think i might tear up though 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search