Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If it weren't for the net, that Fabinho shot would still be flying through the air. 

Thoroughly dominant performance this morning, I barely remember seeing Allison's goal in either half during the whole telecast. I was thinking of what if's this morning (what if the season hadn't been postponed and Anfield was packed for this game) but it wouldn't change the fact that the league will probably be either won at the conclusion of tomorrows' game OR away in Manchester next week. If there was the possibility to seal the league directly through a win at home at the culmination of a tense battle for the title, then I'd feel more ripped off about it. But like I was saying even before the March lockdown, this season was unprecedented and the title felt like a formality. There was never one 'moment' for me- the Leicester game was a statement, and Mo's goal right at the end to seal the 3 points vs Manure with the Kop singing we're going to win the league was iconic- yet it's felt a long time coming. Unlike the nearly runs of 2009, 2014 and even last year, LFC have been right in contention for nearly 2 years now so we've had plenty of time to get used to the idea that "this could legitimately be our year". 

Late in the game I had a friend message me going 'The sudden realisation of its only 2 points away is making me emotional now..fuck! >P' Yet all day I've just been rolling with it, looking forward to tomorrow's game with a Carlsberg 4 pack in the fridge to crack one open if Chelsea can help us to #19...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Having a Carlsberg CH ?
61st min city 1down.
I'm on caffiene for now - that may change.......

OK edit at ET - OMG :)

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have it finally and thinking of you SG as well.
Thankyou FSG KLOPP and such a great squad - monkey off our back.
CHAMPIONS !

Love Football

MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Fantastic to finally have it confirmed official, even though we were never going to be caught.
Even if there is a COVID issue in the next few weeks and they decide to suspend the season, there's no way they not award this title officially now.
Brilliant!
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Congratulations pal. Enjoy 🙂

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

@LFC

Cracked the first one open after Willan netted the penalty, cracked the second open during the post-match show, in between ducking outside for some celebratory RYO's. 

Mission accomplished! 

You might remember last year talking about a dream I had in which I saw a clear vision, and that I drew a picture of this vision. I also provided a 'teaser' of that picture. But only now can I share it in all its' glory:
https://imgur.com/LJYlcJZ

blob:https://forum.insidesport.com.au/c7b05872-8f5d-44a4-a867-a9d2a0f73176

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
4 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Brilliant morning lads 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

BrisbaneBhoy - 26 Jun 2020 11:51 AM
Congratulations pal. Enjoy 🙂

cheers matey, its so fucken goood !

Yep can't take it away from us now, such a high today - my manc friends I'm enjoying their bitterness - all I keep saying were back on the Perch ! glad Fergi still around to eat it as well.
Earleir this morn was told Phil Neville has been MIA haha to another biatch.
Hope you replemished the beers haha, I'm onto them soon and start watching some LFC replays, infact the Palace game the other day is a good start.

CH, I recall those "dream" posts very well, how good it turned out to be.
Not bad artistry work there and one of our BEST players to boot, well done.
Looking forward to your next "dreams" ahead :)

All our guys now are in LFC history forever.
Its complete now - the main trophy we've yearned for so long.
So happy for for our ol boys as well to finally see us back there, KK, Rushy, Macca, Barnsy etc and I incl our Roo Johnston for I watched him during those glory days.......

Now I don't care what happens but it sure would be a dagger to our foes IF we carry on winning to the end now, blow citys points tally, keep home record winning streak going, currently haven't lost at Anfield since April 2017, Palace win was 23rd home league win I think it is......
So they still have more to play for but whatever lol.....

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

I love the team we have I almost don’t want to see a new signing because it would replace a starting player I like 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

sure know what you mean but I'm looking forward to new blood, we need it to keep moving ahead.....
Lallana gone, Lovren I expect so (need another capable CB back up), Shaqiri even though I think he can still add value but looking like not to the Coaching team.
The youngs uns still need some 1sts exposure to see IF they can take the pressure, Neco, Curtis, Jones can do it seems, Elliot ?,
Origi is hot n cold, Minamino still needs to settle in, so forwards we need one more back up imo depending formation/s.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Read this piece on TAW and gave my own thoughts in the comments (if you scroll down):

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2020/06/liverpool-champions-reaction/#comment-80836

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Nice post in the Anfieldwrap CH - I should get into it tbh........

What a feeling its been and the countless articles and vids having been posted up.
So looking forward to Peps/Citys gaurd of honour and this game.
Still wish it was THE game we took the trophy once and for all but now I'll take a top performance to show were No1.....
No Aguero for them, gonna be massive game for them and us period.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

This guy summed up my feelings, and I responded in kind:

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2020/06/liverpool-long-awaited-moment/#comment-80989

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Ooooooops.......
Who'd had picked that but then again are you surprised ? no I'm not.
They are that good - both Clubs are a cut above all else in the league when on song no doubt about it.
We did start well, unlucky as we've all seen, what if Salahs effort went in ?
Other attacking raids BUT we weren't there to finish when normally we have been.
Errors, not usual as well and City can and will punish you whereas the others are not up to that.

I think the whole gaurd of honour was a good ploy by Pep.
He got into his players no doubt about it, imagine having to do that, you'd hate it and ours maybe ?
Anyway no excuse's they played very well.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

maybe these gaurd of honours are putting us off.....
No mtter how much possesion we had in the home villa game I was in panic mode at times when they advanced towards our goal........
Hardly a strike on their goal till Mane's goal - wtf really strange how were performing since Palace game.
We'll take the 3points anyday of the week.

Love Football

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Nice to hear that there are those who know how to show a wee bit of respect to the 'Champions' with a simple 'Guard of Honour' - Unlike the Huns who just outrightly refused to even contemplate the idea last season after we won the 'League' the week before we played them.   Not that I am surprised by their actions.....

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
4 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes not surprising by them not doing so, it is a lack of respect no matter the rivalry agreed.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

So looking ahead 5games left.......
Gonna be warmer conditions as these weeks go by for all.
89points atm - 15points available IF all wins.
11points to the magic 100 if planets align.
I'm going out on a limb.
* Brighton Away coming up, likely safe from relo but no game is easy, sorry for Ryan but I expect us attacking far better than last game. WIN
* Burnley safe in the league Home - Dyche a ol skool hard nut always has his guys ready and physical, WIN
* Gooners playing for Europa spot Away - Arteta is getting them in better shape of late but we will be too fast and expose their ordinary backline, WIN taking us to 98points equal to last years City total and 1 above our finish.
* Chelsea top4 finish but United on their backs Home - huge game as normally But even more to break the points record, imagine what SG would think re this game let alone all of us, must WIN !
* Toons Away last game of the Championship season 100points record set, Toons are safe but always give us a scare, WIN or draw IDGAF.
The 2 home wins also maintains perfect Home/Win record.
YNWA

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

LFC. - 7 Jul 2020 10:52 AM
So looking ahead 5games left.......
Gonna be warmer conditions as these weeks go by for all.
89points atm - 15points available IF all wins.
11points to the magic 100 if planets align.
I'm going out on a limb.
* Brighton Away coming up, likely safe from relo but no game is easy, sorry for Ryan but I expect us attacking far better than last game. WIN
* Burnley safe in the league Home - Dyche a ol skool hard nut always has his guys ready and physical, WIN
* Gooners playing for Europa spot Away - Arteta is getting them in better shape of late but we will be too fast and expose their ordinary backline, WIN taking us to 98points equal to last years City total and 1 above our finish.
* Chelsea top4 finish but United on their backs Home - huge game as normally But even more to break the points record, imagine what SG would think re this game let alone all of us, must WIN !
* Toons Away last game of the Championship season 100points record set, Toons are safe but always give us a scare, WIN or draw IDGAF.
The 2 home wins also maintains perfect Home/Win record.
YNWA

update on the above
BHA as predicted.
Burnley NOT draw - if you saw the game and stats you'd think HTF that occured.
Lets see what tomorrow brings @ 93points.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Garbage finishing. Arsenal are a mid-table club and should've beaten them by at least 2. Stuff it- Klopp should give the young guys a run over the next two weeks because there's literally nothing else left to play for now apart from grabbing the trophy next week- and Chelsea will be super keen to cement their top 4 spot.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep pretty much agree......
Blood in the boys more.
You'd think after that brilliant fast build up play finished by Mane we went on with it.
Can have all the possesion we have these last games but we're not finishing it off !
Annoying but wtf - maybe this long interupted campaign and getting the title so early has taken some desire even though I don't see it that way.
Can't believe Bobby can't find the net - he's not even getting in box position much to meet cross's anymore :(
Hendo is a driving force loss but we have a strong enough mid without him as well.
Damn those half hearted pass's sunk us big time, gave it to them and the overall game.
No sharp counter attacking - let them re set with 11 in their half we always struggle once this occurs.
Oh well, shouldn't complain, its been a HUGE couple of seasons that has delivered BUT it could have had more cream on top.
CL loss hurts a little, would have loved not dropping more games re draws incl loss, cracking 100points would have been another badge to an already impressive honour.
In saying that, cracking over 90points 2 seasons in a row is a statement in itself.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Thanks to covid its been a long season and I'm saddenned just 2 games left for us but they need a rest even though it won't be that long.
Got to give kudos to the English FA managing to get the season finished and what a season no one will ever forget.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

My first time pouring out some emotion here.
Well, 2nd last game coming up @ home and as usual its a bigge vsing Chelsea.
They are playing for the 4 and were playing @ home to then recieve the long awaited PL trophy.
30 bloody years - I still can't believe its taken us this long but heaps of reasons why really.......
So much in this game its not funny despite us being Champs, its about honour for me winning this @ home and giving some back to Chelsea for SG for me and us fingers crossed, to then seeing that trophy lifted in Hendo's crouching leg pumping unique trophy lift !  
Do us proud boys so looking forward to this.
Hendo's pre game statement says it all :
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/402632-jordan-henderson-we-re-lifting-the-premier-league-trophy-for-you
To our Leader Klopp, words can't describe what he has done for our Club last 4yrs, who wouldn't walk on hot coals for him let alone the beautiful pitchs our squad turn hot from the countless yards the lads cover due to the Boss's high pressing game plans.
History is written forever now may we never RIP for 30yrs ever again......
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/402728-jurgen-klopp-on-premier-league-trophy-lift-i-ll-be-proud-of-what-we-did-together
I'll be watching from home happily with my LFC kit,scarf,beanie on and singing YNWA with tears running down my face before koff and when the Kop Trophy presentation ceremony goes on, YNWA CL YNWA Super Cup YNWA Club WC YNWA EPL, a very happy long long time LFC supporter but more so happy for the countless younger gens to finally enjoy the WINS/Trophys for the first time incl my No2 LFC supporting son  :) 
YNWA !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Just fucking WOW LFC :)
What a morning you have given us supporters here !
As much as I worry everytime we play Chelsea if it was a mid to bottom table I expect we would have struggled mentally but playing a fellow top flight opponent always brings the best our of us.
4 goals had me jizzzing my pants, no disrepect Gini I still love you.
Nabys strike just out of the box was a bullet to numb them for starters, how sweetly placed and hit.
TAA, what can you say about this young scouser's ability, that free kick was perfection plus at such an age its mind boggling, just too easy by his style, amazing......imagine how this kid feels.
My Bobby, he's done it hard picking up goals for himself this season, instead working/linking for the other 2 but what a peach superb gold star meeting TAA's perfecto cross nailing it into the net !
How Ox finished off after that superb build up play was text book Klopp football today.
Ox on the run and delivers.
So we let a few nice ones in, was going to happen they had alot riding on them gaining a draw cement top4 but not today !!!!!!!!
My only regret is we may have helped those pesky devils......

YNWA - what a trophy ceremony, boys were sososo happy - love how Hendo lifts these trophies :)

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

My gold Champions PL patch arrived in the mail this morning which is perfect timing considering I'm heading into town tomorrow evening to get the patch put on the sleeve and CHAMPIONS 20 on the back like I said I would. Not 100% sure yet where I'm going to watch the game- provided there's a venue open that can fit us in and isn't too far out, I'm there. Hopefully Klopp uses this last match to give some of our youngsters game time, there's nothing left to fight for apart from pride and a number in the history books now. Interesting is going to be the other games (LCFC v Man United, the relegation battle) which is what I'm keen to head on out for...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Onya CH, enjoy the winning feeling - its so satisfying......
Yer I'm ordering some other bits of 19/20 memories to proudly wear and trinkets.......
Last game I'm pretty sad last game tbh but all good things come to an end.
Hope we do play more youngun's but we shall see.
Really hope LCFC get up.
I had the LFCNSW emails to advise IF intending to turn up @ Cheers but I prefer keeping away due to covid :(

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Who we goinG for in champions cup lads?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

your talking CL ? or which Cup ?

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

LFC. - 28 Jul 2020 10:08 AM
your talking CL ? or which Cup ?

Uefa Champions league 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Man, hard to pick......
Both main Spanish clubs will give its all but I'd like to consider AM a top dark horse.
Bayern have been strong but I can never pick em.
PSG, I don't see them as this all conquering team unless I'm finally proven wrong.
Juve ? I think a bridge too far now unless Ronaldo carries them all the way.
City have a foot in the last 8 but this 2nd leg game is a vastly different RM compared to pre covid BUT if they get past RM and play true to form they have their best chance.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search