Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 28 Jul 2020 1:44 PM
Man, hard to pick......
Both main Spanish clubs will give its all but I'd like to consider AM a top dark horse.
Bayern have been strong but I can never pick em.
PSG, I don't see them as this all conquering team unless I'm finally proven wrong.
Juve ? I think a bridge too far now unless Ronaldo carries them all the way.
City have a foot in the last 8 but this 2nd leg game is a vastly different RM compared to pre covid BUT if they get past RM and play true to form they have their best chance.

I’m going for AM even Atlanta would be good. It’s great seeing teams you don’t expect reaching the finals 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

agreed, nothing like some fresh blood as per Atalanta, they have done well this season.
Will be interesting to see how they deal with the known and star players of PSG.
Mbappe is friggin fast class and a winner on his own, hard to close him down.
I like AM, purely on the base's that the usual 2 are always amongst it, hope AM gets through but I look forward to usLFC if vsing them again next season we pay them back !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

What a hangover its been......
Watched a great LFCTV special A Season To Remember last night.
The journey since Klopp came in has been the biggest key to success as we all have seen.
The talk now of being compared to the mighty Shanks followed by Paisely is a little premature and comparing decades is soso difficult now due to the professionlism and money involved in the modern era BUT IF we can carry on gain a trophy or 2 20/21 season Klopp will be embedded right next to them imo deservedly so.
His methods have been ground breaking and I feel he's a step up on Pep for the results confirm it.
We have gone toe to toe with City (an amazing squad no doubt about it) last 2 seasons.
2 important loss's have been the key to 2 important trophies.
The RM CL final loss.
Look how we drove on to win it following season.
The 1point League loss previous season, history shows most clubs either fall away or just can't sustain the intencity to challenge as previous season, what we did is just keep winning and winning - ugly or not 3 points is all that mattered.
Owen quoted last night, IF we did have City on our backs all season we would have broken the 100point barrier, maybe so but it just doesn't matter in the big picture.
What we did is step up again from previous season just as coming back to win the CL.
What a bloody reverse.
What we have achieved winning in record time is a massive massive achievement (incl going through the pandemic) and thats Klopp and his teams great work behind the scenes, LFC staff and relationship with the entire squad and their response.......
It sure is a season to remember !

Coming transfers will be interesting.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Old news already but welcome Kostas to LFC.
Pretty good rapts about this bloke and great to have him as back up to Robbo.
Good not OTT spend and a promising long future.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/08/how-liverpool-signing-kostas-tsimikas-is-the-greatest-transfer-in-greek-football-history/
Pretty much will resign Milly to being one of our strong bench players onwards now but @ 34yrs I'm sure he feels a very lucky man what he's achieved.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and the season just keeps giving......
As expected Klopp named PL Manager of the Season.
TAA named PL Young Player of Year.
Hewdo won PL Player of the Season.
and we are back in training for new season soon to start.

Massive beating to Barca by Bayern and Pep's City once again came up short.
Cap it off United lost to Sevillia in the Europa Semi 2-1, for the first time in 31yrs United have gone 3 seasons without a trophy :)
Something about that 30yrs.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Congrats to Sadio !
PFA Fans Player of the Year and so so deserved !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well least LFC have had time to enjoy, re group , train and have a couple of warm up games......

Ox is not expected back till after the 5th prem game.
Hendo still question mark when ready.

Its already about to start with the weekends Community Shield clash with Arsenal.
Here "we go again" !

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well we make error again in Charity Shield game.
WTF - no big deal I guess what happened last season BUT it won't be like last season.
I'm feeling alot is going to go on in the background before Transfer window close's Oct 1 then agian hope not re losing a player or 2.
I'd really like to see Alcantara come in pronto.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

a week to go before 20/21 season koff @ home vs promoted Leeds.
Like the ol days for me, looking forward to this.

Our current player In/Out.......

In 
Konstantinos Tsimikas (Olympiacos) Details

Out
Daniel Atherton (Released)
Pedro Chirivella (Nantes) Free Details
Nathaniel Clyne (Released)
Shamal George (Released)
Jack Walls (Released)
Dejan Lovren (Zenit) Details
Adam Lallana (Brighton) Free Details
Morgan Boyes (Fleetwood Town) Loan Details
Ovie Ejaria (Reading) Details

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and a very huge congrats to young TAA being voted by his opponents PFA Young Player of The Year........
Apart from his fantastic RB general play notching up a record 13assists for a defender and 4 goals.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

A good win to start off. Defence was a bit shaky though and will need improvement. Arsenal looking a much better team (although Fulham are bad), while Chelsea and City I expect to be far better than last year. It's going to be very hard going back to back.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

You guys looked suspect.  Leeds pushed you all the way which we haven't seen  a team do . 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Its just the 1st game as we all know.
We have had other teams push us to the hilt over last year, Wolves out played us and won.
There have been others and the good wake up call.
Overall a hoot of a opneing game, Leeds had all to play for being their 1st back in the top flight and El Loco is not the type of coach to sit back, good on him have to say, made for an exciting game.
Our front 3 played well, especially Mo (what a strike 2nd goal), kudos a hat trick first game new record I think and a opening game having 7goals.
We had trouble at the back especially TAA not reading the long balls going behind him, that where he needs to improve and I'm sure this will be addressed.
As has been reported by some scribes, it looked as if VVD/Gomez were complacent, maybe maybe not but Leeds high press was similar to ours forcing pressure, VVD's error was uncanny and most times his flick would have had more conviction just good luck for them and taken.
9corners to 0.
Our midfield wasn't working well - especially when having lost the ball.
We had enough chances to put away 2-3more (22 shots to 6) but all that matter is 3points in the end and no injuries.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and what a signing ! and great business !.
Welcome Thiago playing with no 6 !!!
What a midfielder.

Love Football

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Looks like your about to sign Jota from Wolves. He’ll be a great signing but I think it shows Minamino isn’t up to it. I don’t think Wolves will be able to replace him.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep Jota signed, 2 great signings within days prior to Chelsea game.
I feel Mina needs more time to settle, Keita took 2 seasons or abouts for eg.
He looked alot sharper when on last 10 last night, he'll come good in time, he'll get his game time in the Cups etc.....

What a 1st half that was - cancelling each other out BUT as with the pundits, we did look the better overall prior to HT.
The Hendo perfect ball for Mane to run on opened em up and Christensen I suppose had no choice rapping his arms around Mane, red no worries at all to change the game completely.
Need to say Werner is top shelf and Klopp was shrewd in putting Fabinho at CB with VVD.
He played brilliantly and was a top duel between them.
Hendo was reported meant to have had a knock and it was a cracker opportunity giving Thiago his debut against 10.
What class for all to see, @ 29 I'm not fussed he looked settled straight away, shows the diff between a promising up and comer and one who has done it all.
Its given our squad alot more options and more x factor.
If its not Mo it becomes Mane day, brilliant game, infact Bobby as well.
Our 1st goal was sheer copy booked 1 - 2 perfection and Mane glance oh yer.
Allison played his role saving the pen and then another top low dive save shot from Abrahams.
Great team effort and clean sheet - yer yer YNWA.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Dominated possession yesterday (esp. when it was 11 v 10) and it ironically made me think of BR's "death by football" comment when he first took over the managerial role at LFC. Glad to get that fixture out of the way right at the start of the season, provided there aren't inexcusable games LFC drop points from then it could be a highly valuable 3 points in the context of the final table.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

agreed CH, valuable win away against a usual contender despite playing with 10 2nd half, its the conviction.
In those circumstances we have found it difficult to break opponent down once they have to park and the great opportunity introducing Alcantara to run the middle was for all to see and build up of our 1st goal.
Re the Sar press, word is we've agreed the transfer fee.
Great being just 22yrs but it does puzzle me whereas I would have preffered buying another back up CB imo. Mind you Fab can back that possi up as we've seen in the past and last game.
Jota already fills a future attacking void IF and when one of our top 3 depart (IF) plus we have Origi, Mina (more 10 role) and Brewster to date.
Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.
Wini still hasn't re signed Mmmmm.
EFL Cup coming up, U21's mostly will fill the line up with some of our bench who need a gallop.
Looking forward to the Gooner game early next week.

Love Football

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

LFC. - 23 Sep 2020 1:03 PM
agreed CH, valuable win away against a usual contender despite playing with 10 2nd half, its the conviction.
In those circumstances we have found it difficult to break opponent down once they have to park and the great opportunity introducing Alcantara to run the middle was for all to see and build up of our 1st goal.
Re the Sar press, word is we've agreed the transfer fee.
Great being just 22yrs but it does puzzle me whereas I would have preffered buying another back up CB imo. Mind you Fab can back that possi up as we've seen in the past and last game.
Jota already fills a future attacking void IF and when one of our top 3 depart (IF) plus we have Origi, Mina (more 10 role) and Brewster to date.
Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.
Wini still hasn't re signed Mmmmm.
EFL Cup coming up, U21's mostly will fill the line up with some of our bench who need a gallop.
Looking forward to the Gooner game early next week.

Part of the reason for the cover (from non African players) is the Jan 2022 - Feb 2022 African Cup of Nations.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer long way off that but a piece to the future sure.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Good run this morns Cup game for all the kids and bench.
Such a shame Lincoln couldn't have a full house to bank some gate money but how it is today for now.
I have to say I have always liked the Shaq, what a peach spot kick curling into the top right.
Mina bags 2 and ran his socks off, a great game for him starting to show he getting ready.
Jones, this kid ooooz's talent on the ball and can score, double as well.
Grujic made a return, rather than a debut, and was comfortably dominant in a holding midfield role – while also scoring his first competitive goal.
Origi slots one late in the game.
Our Greek boy had his 1st run, was aggressive, tracked the line alot and crossed strong, sound first up game I liked what I saw.
Jote played half an hour or so off the bench, showing a few nice touches and striking one effort just wide.
Importantly all this squad worked hard giving Klopp as good eye what he expects from them and who he'll make more use of.
I was thinking Lincoln must have been shuffed seeing VVD playing the 1st half.

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Wtf happened I haven’t seen the highlights yet 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Melbcityguy - 5 Oct 2020 11:56 AM
Wtf happened I haven’t seen the highlights yet 

I expect you've seen the highlights by now......
Watching it from the koff I could sense we weren't ourselves and msgd my son just that.
Worst performance ever but the Leeds game was a preview.
Villa did a LFC game on us.
We've shippoed 11 goals in 4games compared to last season that took till after christmas.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Has anyone read klopp’s biography? Such a brilliant man I imagine his book would be interesting 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

no haven't as yet......I think I'd prefer reading the next book or later after his stay with us.......

Love Football

Edited
4 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

oh come on lets get to the derby game, I want to move on from our last game.
Sounds like Mane and Thiago were back training Monday after their 10day isolation thankfully.
Fabs we need to await his test results on game day it seems from his Brazil duties.
We may have concerns re Naby and results.
Hendo passed through NT game first gallop another positive.
Glad were the first game of the round get it over and done with, I feel whenever were the last game of the round works against us.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

You got to ask HTF Pickford got away with that so called tackle on VVD even after an offside ruling had been called.
What a game played out by our boys after the Villa result and what had occurred in this game.
The start was brilliant and showed Mane was missed so much 2wks ago.
I can't express how I feel about the outcome but how can anyone agree Mane was offside for the winning goal by Hendo.
Thiago is such class above any mid in the comp, hope he's ok, Richarlson, what a bloody joke typical of him.
:(

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I'm still fuming about that game for a number of reasons that have already been documented enough times on any number of fan pages/ channels. Should've been a 4-2 win for LFC with the penalty given for T-Rex's kamikaze hit on VVD and then the Hendo goal allowed. This in little Ev's biggest fixture of the season. Bunch of grubby pricks, they're no chance in the league playing like that every week.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Captain Haddock - 19 Oct 2020 11:06 AM
I'm still fuming about that game for a number of reasons that have already been documented enough times on any number of fan pages/ channels. Should've been a 4-2 win for LFC with the penalty given for T-Rex's kamikaze hit on VVD and then the Hendo goal allowed. This in little Ev's biggest fixture of the season. Bunch of grubby pricks, they're no chance in the league playing like that every week.

agreed re fuming for its a bloody joke and overall on the game itself and technology reliance.
Whats the point on refs in the big picture nowadays.
Yer I don't want to spend time on other fan pages etc for its just going over the same things and depressing.
A huge positive not being talked about enough
Mo, its taken away what a wonderful achievement getting to 100goals for LFC.
Third-fastest player in history to reach that total for Liverpool after managing it in 160 appearances and what a strike it was !.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

VVD confirmed acl, speedy recovery Virg, so wrong Pickford has got away with that tackle.
Still awaiting on Thiago's fitness.
Keita is back training after neg covid.
Onto CL Ajax away game coming up.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search