Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Were struggling some now.
Just not attacking like we used to with pace/counters, yes teams are setting up better to counter our game but were lacking strikes on target and the boys also are not having a go from edge of the box like they used to.
Everything has gone to getting the ball into a crowded 6yard box.
We need to get back to our game.

and a sad loss the other day of Gerry Marsden, RIP Scouser forever in our hearts and Thankyou !
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-04/gerry-pacemakers-star-liverpool-youll-never-walk-alone-dies/13029070

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Covid may muck this exciting season up.
Our Cup game vs Villa looking like postponed for Villa has many positive infections.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I swear this isn't the first time LFC have faced the old enemy coming off a poor run of results and they've turned their form around.

It's taken a somewhat blessed run for United combined with the worst form seen from LFC for the past 18 months to get them 3 points clear on the ladder. I maintain City and Spurs are the biggest threats in the title race, regardless of what happens here...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

agreed CH.....
Being the game has been played since your post they didn't show imo being contenders.
We should have finished them off 1st half with the chances and domination, we're struggling to score hence the outcome.
We tapered off 2nd half and they finished stronger looking better due to 2 shots that Allison covered great.
Can't wait till we get some rhythem back.
We have given all the chasing Clubs the chances with the many draws now.
I see City as the main contender for sure and Spurs IF they can get their game back to early season will be better than united.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well what goes UP must come down, bloody injuries.
DVD's loss is finally impacting us more than ever now and the other injuries.
It hurts but 3yrs of highs had to come to an end, especially our home win record might I add :(
WTF we haven't bought a CB to fill some void now has me very anxious/nervous.
I have to not think about our situation at this stage.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Typical of us lifting when playing a top 6 Club.
I'm amazed how well were hanging in there with no CB's as we have, Matip again lasted the 1st half  only but Kane Son hardly got in the game.
Kudos to our boys a very important win for us and 3 goals long time coming hip hip hooray.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

another 3-1 win vsing Hammers away.
With another patched up line up we keep digging deep which is great to see.
Young Philips @ CB with Hendo, I actually feel comfortable with him there, he sound/tall and no fear.
Dour 1st half BUT Klopp wound em up at HT.
We were much better and who's the one that delivers to get the ball rolling ?! Salah !
What play down the right flank to cut in front of 3 defenders and unleash his left punching the ball perfectly into the top left corner.
You'd think that wouldn't be matched but after Hammers had 2 corner in a row what occurs, Jones defends heading the ball out right side for TAA to do his usual long switch ball to a running Shaqiri left hand side who flights the ball first time to a running Salah in the box and his delf surblind right foot touch of the ball to then use his outside left flicking the ball into the left side netting.
Our ol counter attacking game was for all to see, 10-12 sec turning defense into attack - a goal reminicent to the Allison release to halfway for Salah to put away vsing United.
Only LFC can play this way the last few years.
A brilliant team goal build up for Gini making it 3.
No Mane/Origi fills in, Shaq fills in and I hope he keeps up his game we need him right now.
Klopps timing to sub was spot on, Milly was pissed but turned to lol's upon Salahs first goal, great to see.
Couple of results went our way, up to 3rd.
Huge game vs's City coming up, must win or take the draw worst case scenario.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, I expected something occuring re back up, especially now that Matip is out rest of the season !
Like all of us hardly knew anything about Ben Davies BUT our re cruiting team and Klopp we trust I guess.
His bio is sound at that level, just comes to how he can lift himself and adjust to PL levels.
6'1 and versatile.
I'm sure the lads will be guiding him as much as poss and lets see how he goes.
Welcome #28.
and confirmed also is Turkish Ozan Kabak @ 20yrs from Shalke.
Klopps mate David Wagner speaks highly of the kid and his bio isn't bad - infact I'm liking this kids fire in the belly.
Shalke are having a woeful season and to step up to our levels will be another interesting scenario.
Welcome #19.

I don't expect either to be in the coming City game but they going to have to hit the ground running having the Fox's/Leipzig/Toffees following games.
Importantly we got a couple of defenders, once bedded will need to stand up with Hendo, or Fabs once back and Phillips.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

OMG !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

LFC. - 4 Feb 2021 12:12 PM
OMG !

I did have "hope" this game, especially getting back to 1-1 but its all finally caught up with us.......

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

hip hip hooray for that CL away win vs RB.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

apart from the records we are making at the wrong end of the scale we can't take a trick with injuries.
As we saw Hendo was subbed last game, not good out for 6-8wks.......
Jota has been back training with the sqaud, one glimmer of good news and Fabs looking likely back as well.
VVD is back doing light training, just get yourself ready for next seasons on slaught.

Pretty good overview
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/02/fsg-and-liverpool-fcs-biggest-challenge/

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

a much needed 3 points.
14odd CB pairing.
We're hanging in there despite soso many players in and out.
Good early save by Adrian, glad it went straight to him for I had a heart attack at the time.
Love seeing Jones on the pitch.
Bobbys footwork today was lovely to see.
Good to see Milly get a run late back from injury.
16 shots with 8 on target good good, like last game against them Ramsdale was the diff, seems to play brilliantly against us.
Expect Jota back for next game.
Results helped us this weekend, we need to beat Chelski coming up back at home our coming Friday.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

We digging ourselves deeper and deeper no matter the line ups.
You'd think the team working together would get the results needed in these type of games.
Sure we are missing key players but this loss is in excusable.
If Klopp is still being Mr Nice Guy in the change room and training ground its time to kick em in the butt.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

OMG did I watch a bit of LFC of old this morn.
Fabs back in CDM was bliss, was evident how much we need the enforcer in there and going forward.
Kabak and Philips did really well and having Fab shield them made us look far more stronger since VVD's/Gomez gone.
Salah/Mane score ! now to get this form back @ Anfield.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

game by game all we can in the league....
3nil convincing win against the Gooners was a great start after International break.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

3more points !
Boys are digging in.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well Leeds game was going well for the win till late in the game.
Played a great 1st half and sat back the 2nd looking for the counter blow that we blew the final pass a few times and Leeds pressed for the equaliser and got it.
Desereved I spouse but we should have finished it off long before it got to that.
Hanging in there for the top 4 But the ESL news is going to rock the boat I feel for the Club and us long time supporters all over the world.

Love Football

Edited
3 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I think these comments from a fellow Red elsewhere says it all :

Can't wait until football gets back to normality. The fans back into the stadium.
You'll Never Walk Alone
The Kop. Our 12th man watching adorably Jurgen's fist pumps after winning.
Normality.
Virgil, Gomez, Matip, Hendo back and Fabinho knowing he's going back to being the best no. 6 in the world in his natural position.
The guy who says 'Operation Anfield Exercise' to the live crowd.
Buying your golden goal ticket in hope of guessing the first goal with the smell of hotdog and burger stands. Dodging horseshite from mounted police whilst reading your matchday programme.
Normality.
Walking past the Hillsborough memorial watching the flame still roar waiting for your heroes to arrive in their coach.
Or for the millions and millions of the LFC world just to watch on the TV who are just as important as the matchgoers.
Normality.
Liverpool Football Club can never be normal again until the poison that is FSG F off. Do one. Go.
No matter what F'ing pathetic statement their yes men release about the Super League it's done. The relationship with FSG and the fans is done. Jurgen, Milner, Hendo and so on have done your speech already.
Normality.
The day Liverpool Football Club is normal again is when FSG F off.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

the Toons result says it all about our season.
Forgetting our CB injuries our front lads have lost their record breaking mojo's of the last few seasons.
We should have been 3up @ HT and game finished off in view that we knew Maximin was going to be the handfull and that he was.
A 90+5 equaliser hard to take.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Damn that was unexpected !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

never an easy game vs's Southampton but I'll take the 2nil win anyday.
Kudos to Thiago, played really well and as he quoted he's no goal scorer But good he finally had a dig and put his 1st LFC goal away late in the game.
As he said we have a small window open for the miracle and results went our way again this round, Fox's losing and Hammers.
We must win remainding games then again results can help if we drop one.
Foxs have a tuff finish fingers crossed.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

oh damn - considering the shit title defense this win was so bitter sweet and why you love football.
Slap in the face to them what has transpired since the postponed game and their attitude.
Welcome back Bobby, a double and where else better to.
Well done lads all over the park, 3 mini finals to play the window is open as well as other results going our ways likely.

Love Football

Emile Heskey
Emile Heskey
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

Will Liverpool be able to qualify for the Champions League next season? I really hope they make it to the top 4.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

w88au - 14 May 2021 9:04 PM
Will Liverpool be able to qualify for the Champions League next season? I really hope they make it to the top 4.

Were working on it - last second heart stoppers comes to mind lol......
Alli ! WTF you da man !
Textbook set piece header who would have picked that lol and you could see WBA's defense didn't worry about him in that corner.
We live and breath till next game.
Jota out of the last 2 games is a bummer, worse is the amount of attack/ball possession and still couldn't put them away long before saviour Alli pulled us out of the shit.
Knock yourselves out Chelski/Foxs coming game for us.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

OMG what a couple of days for LFC.......
After all we have gone through this long hard season to end up one foot in the top 4 you couldn't even think of that script !
Watching the game up until Bobby getting us 1 up prior to HT I was seeing oh my as usual watch Burnley put one away on the counter, Wood came so close a few times and our backline errors helped as well BUT for the mighty Allison.
You could near on say HE has saved our bacon so much the last couple of games what a beast.
We still arn't the same as we were in attack (slower) but we're getting there.
Thaigo is really starting to control the middle more and slipping great balls through holes, we just need to hit the bloody net more !
Anyway can't complain we're almost there - Woys last game with Palace and they have been one of our bogey Clubs for years, playing at home with fans finally, considering our home form this season I sure won't be over confident BUT sing the KOP, sing it loud will be great to hear you again and I'm the boys will as well and finish it off for us all.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Amazing to feel success !
Bravo Klopp and Redmen, what a last 8wks or abouts.
Back in 8th place 10points behind 4th.
Had some close calls BUT we made it !
The only bit of sadness about it all is Gini, he played an awesum game today and you watch that and think WTF we don't re sign him - he's not 34 but 30yrs.
He owned it today pretty much how he mostly does, I'm at a loss, whatever happens you'll always be a Redman Gini.

Having 10k @ Anfield finally was bliss, to hear the chants and all.
Loved watching the team/coachs walk around to YNWA, Kloppy was sinmging away just love it.
Have a good rest all, we will be back stronger than ever can't wait for next season.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Haven't been here in a while...

All things considered, to finish 3rd after the season LFC had almost feels as satisfying as winning the league. It was almost surreal how clinical the 2-0 win against Palace was, despite all the chopping, changing and bed shitting happening in the games involving Chelsea and Leicester. Really good feeling to finish in 3rd with all the momentum of the last month after the debacle of February/ March with CL football locked in for next season and a great run of form. Glad for this season to be over at last and to finish on such a feel good note.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Good to see you drop in CH, I'm the lonely Redmen soldier left here posting.

Agreed re feeling satisfied due to the whole seasons setbacks.
I actually don't think we're getting the credit it deserves.
Losing all our main CB's, long injuries to key players, our whole midfield stability was out the door plugging up defensive holes inturn ruining our attack ethos.
Losing VVD's beautiful long balls was massive not just the defensive stability.
Set plays were hampered, everything.
I still couldn't believe Mo was still vying for GB till the last game even.
Thaigo purchase early on really got you wondering BUT once we finally put Fabs back where he belongs look how Thaigo played from then on.
Been a amazing roller coaster of a season and imo our Redmen have shown how much "drive and passion" they really have.
Hoping we buy a few good additions for we will be Back next season big time.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I hadn't been tuning in much over the past few months TBH. Got sick of wasting my time to watch underwhelming performances time and time again when I could've been devoting 2 hours to sleep or something more fulfilling, then the Newcastle game was the last straw and I'm surprised I didn't wake the next-doors up with the shouting and the cursing. I was more angry at myself than LFC because in the reddit LFC thread at H/T everybody was saying "Watch us concede an equaliser in injury time after 1,000 shots on goal". We all knew it, but I wasted my time anyway and I felt like an idiot.

Then came Allison's header.

And 3-1 away against Booooournly. 

Considering the way this season has been since the fucking blue shite grubbed it up at their wooden shed against us, incredible to put in such a clinical performance against Palace that sealed a 3rd place finish, with CL Final bound Chelsea and consistent Leicester bottling it. 

Between that and the blue shite finishing 10th and getting smashed by City in what was meant to be their breakout season, the only things that would've been better on Sunday were if Mo scored to get joint GB, Gini scored and it was immediately announced post-match there would be a full-scale PL trophy parade through the streets of Liverpool the week before the start of the 21/22 season.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search