Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
can't disagree on the above watching the game.
THE game to win period and it hurts.
Taken me this long to come in here.

Since we've had covid rip through us, good we won the cup game today but I'm not feeling it........

Bit of transfer goss we wait and see.

Mane/MO at AFCON - touch wood get back injury free and we have got back to winning in between.

Waiting on welcoming Brentford to Anfield 17th Jan.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I was worried this game could have been a shocking banana peel but thankfully in the end not.......
They were unlucky at times but so were we.
Interesting he's working on young Jones to be more free in attack and further up the pitch.
It sure was productive up front more so the midfield winning loose ball and forcing error able to push forward alot..
Fabs, I love it when he's on his game, nothing gets by him.
Bobby is so smart in the final third his creactivity and touch is beautiful to watch.
Brentford are not easy - they are full on and the score doesn't reflect how much work was done.
Ox maybe injured ???

2 points above chelsea now with a game in hand is nice, we're miles away from city 2nd will have to be.
Blooding Gordon now, whilst Mane/MO/Nabby are away presents opportunities..

Next up return Cup leg at the Emirates - a very different line up I'm sure.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

City dropping 2 points and a win last night feels like a cruel glimmer of hope. If we win our game in hand it drops the lead to 6 points. If we beat them in April that would reduce it to 3 points. While it is unlikely that everything goes our way, it's not definitely over yet.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Couldn't have said it better myself......

The way we dropped our bundle through that 2nd half doesn't present confidence might I add.
Sure Selhurst away is a challenging atmosphere period but how we let them win so many second balls and like the 1st gave away so much I can't see us playing out the perfect finish.
Anyway I just wish to finish a strong 2nd period.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Rippa signing re Diaz !

Still plotting for young Carvalho.

Nat Phillips on loan to Bournemouth.
Clubs chasing Mina but he's pushing to stay.
Neco still might get a loan somewhere.

AFCON front, looking like MO and Sadio will meet in the Final.

Welcome back to training Naby !

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Been a good weekend for LFC !
Congrats MO and Sadio contesting the AFCON Final and importantly looks like not injured.
Happy for Senegal first win good luck to them and deserved but Sadio you prob could have avoided ET/Pens IF you put away yours during normal time.

Finally a re start in the UK.
Took a half + to finally get on the board and wake up vs's Cardiff in the FACup for I was thinking, one of these games that nothing ends up in the net as has happenned in other Cup games (haha bye bye united)......
Jota is such an un assuming player and you'd think most Backs would have him covered on headers, his postioning and timing is magic to see, very nice goal.
Then we made a double change that was exciting to see, Diaz/Elliott.
Perfect scenario for Diaz to get familier and welcomed to Anfield.
His impact soon enough, his footwork deep in their box was for all to see and pass for Taki to put it away close range.
Diaz what a buy.
Elliott, from a dislocated ankle/re hab back on the pitch was great to see and the control/spin and shot was - I'm back !
Friggin 18yrs !

So bring on the Fox's @ home on Friday the league re start..
I hope Kloppy rests MO/Sadio but he'll likely name them on the bench.

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Nice hard fought win......glad we finally broke their spirits up having given us a couple of tougher games nowdays.
Sadio still partying MO on the bench and still a strong line up.
No real bad injuries anymore great to see.
Bobby Jota and Diaz debut up front.
This guy seems to have just slotted in amazing, his skill for all to see and looking like he tuff enough for it as well.
Look forward what he does over the next weeks.
Looking like Robbo and he have already formed the synergy.
Bobby played great, amazed he couldn't bag a goal, drove some cracker shots down but got to be away from Kasper, hes a fine keeper.
Jota, this bloke just keeps sniffing goals ! Thankyou.
Midfield 3 did well, gawd I love Fabs.
Would have been a hoot if MO scored once on, close.
Win by win all we can do.
Burnley away Monday - will be curious which 3 up front Klopp picks.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No matter how good your team is going there is always those games where you think WTF do we struggle closing off a game that you should win with good control.
Never when we play this Dyche team the last years.
Sure they sit deep, they play long ball over our high backline every single time WTF can't control that play better each time.
Then they put in so much to win 2nd balls as if their life depends on it you know thats gonna happen yet they had just 32% possesion.
Kudos to them each and every time for they have me worried the whole game always.

Glad Fabs ran in that corner and collected the rebound putting it in just on HT.

So back to our fab frontline 3.
Hendo was struggling.
Kloppy went into game control with the subs.

3 points.

Next up CL 17th Feb away to Inter.
This is gonna be a tuff one to steer through, happy enough for a draw but likely not.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

WTF of a CL away game !
That was nerve racking and ok the whole 90mins.
We/they missed some chances but how good the way we hang in there nowadays.
Errors limited especilly when pressed in our box shows how experienced and settled we are.
Can't speak highly enough about Konate, obviously he has the luxury being next to VVD but wow he's big,young,mobile what a CB for the future.
Fabs in the engine room is always the beast, he doesn't get enough cred how good he is.
Congrats young Harvey CL debut did well.
I was surpised Klopp changed at HT Jota to Bobby but he knows......
The triple change when we were getting opened up was great timing and what a change that influenced.
Diaz is gonna be a mad X factor attacking from out wide plus he works.
Brilliant TAA corner for Bobby to glance in turned the game on its head.
MO as only MO can do nails it from an error.
They will feel hard done by BUT the diff is scoring one of more of those chances and that we did.
Great game at San Siro.

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Massive win. Was very difficult in the middle stages but to come away with a 2-0 win has to boost the team's confidence. And it takes a fair bit of pressure off the return end so that we can focus on the league.

With the addition of Diaz and return of Bobby, it's great to have 5 genuinely top attackers in the side these days. CBs pure class. Great to have Hendo come on. Elliot possibly a bit over-awed but will do him a world of good.

Exciting stuff.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep they bombarded us through the 2nd half - watching was worrying but we work work work and think omg its coming there going to score but VVD/Konate/Alli are epic last line of defense.
The 3 subs was a huge move to get some control back.
I was actually surprised seeing Thiago throwing himself around in tackles so much, thats not him normally.
Agreed the confidence will flow through important especially now that away goals don't count which was a joke of a ruling might I add.
Sure is exciting seeing as has been quoted now, our bench now is 100% strong with the incl of Diaz greatly adding to our attack.
Jota ankle injury - hope not for long.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Took us sometime to get in vsing the Canaries at home.
Not surprised due to the luxury of our changed line up resting Robbo/TAA/Fabs/Bobby.......
Joel worries me at times, always has. Konate is a better fit nowadays with VVD imo.
At least we went another gear come 2nd half.
Sadio's goal was epic, way over due for him and what we needed to get the juices going for the crowd and all.
MO most of the game had beeing toying with their LB - was wonderful watching his skill and you wonder HTF did he get through the traffic.
What a superbly taken reverse strike with his least favoured foot and 150th goal for the Club ! just epic this bloke is, please get this contract agreed and signed finally.
Just wow the build up play and Diaz's first goal for the Club.
He's a massive new injection for us.

Even better Spurs done us a favour !
Be great we capitilise on all this but thats being near on perfect to the final game.
I'm expecting nothing for like citeh losing I feel we will as well sooner or later.
I expect citeh will lose another for the relagtion clubs as always will play desparate football trying to stay up and those vying for europa will be tuff as always.
Long way to go and hard to read.

Even the coming Leeds game scares me in their current position.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I eat my words many times - purely becuase I don't want to eat my words saying were gonna win pre games.
That we did eh.
Before our first pen I was going WTF Alli with fast young James close by.
He always scares the be jesus out of me lol.....how lucky how that turned out Thankyou Joel.
Leeds run their arse's off, I actually think their table standing is not fair to them for they can play (even thoigh missing 3 best players) - they get into scoring positions many times but just can't take their chances enough.
Thank christ for that 1st pen, kind of settled us down. MO hardly miss's.
haha what forward movement by Joel and Finish ! well played. Hoot seeing him score and the boys loved it, especially VVD, he loves the guy how he hugged and lol'd with him.
MO another pen, thats 19 goals in the league stats and counting, Jota 2nd on 12 and now Sadio takes 3rd spot on 11.
Unprecedented never seen top 3 scorers from the same club.
Well in boys convincing game in the end, damn that Diaz has just slipped in like the fam, brilliant.

6 frigging goals,
2 to Sadio, and VVD finish's it off in ET.
Our 2 africans do the double and our 2 CB's on the score sheet lol.......
Great GF's by the way and just 3behind citeh ! with them to play yet.
Who would have thought whilst we were 15 behind - omg.
Can't afford dropping a game but I'll be surprised not - same goes for citeh mind you, they can't afford 1 or 2 slip ups as well.

Roll on Wembley next !

Love Football

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro

Gotta love Tottenham. Losing to everyone at the moment, except City. Didn't think we would get this close this soon.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

WTF the Wembley Final.
9times League Cup Champs now ahead of united :)
Our games against chelsea are the hardest and closest every single time for me.
They are quick up front and their midfield really contest ours and infact at times get it over us BUT somehow each game we get it back together as well.
Beast of a game by all for you just had to right.
How many offside goals disallowed ffs.
Both sides had bad and good luck.
Young Kelleher had a game he and we will never forget !
Point blank saves, played like a veteran, so glad Kloppy let the kid have his time having played most Cup games.
Diaz I thought for sure was gonna be a scorer today - my he's an excitement machine.

The shootout was epic, never seen so many well taken pens I was thinking once we got to the last few someone's gonna break.
So happy none of our boys did and again Kelleher what a winning strike !
I was glad they took off Mendy for he has been a thron in our side many games last couple of years, always plays a blinder - the one and only error they played that gave us the edge that last final pen :)

No matter other Cups are more important nowadays a win is a win in a Final every Club would take it with both hands and that we have !!!!!!
YNWA

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

That was a grinding good win against the Hammers.
3points is all that mattered.
Didn't expect united doing much against city.
A game at a time.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

End result all that matters over 2 legs in the CL.
They are defending SerieA Champs, never easy.
Sanchez was lucky through the 1st half throwing himself around, the studs up tackle on Thaigo should have been punished originally.
Pity MO's efforts hit the post, Joels header earlier.
Overall we had them covered just a shame having our first CL loss this season but Qrtr's here come.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

back to the league, the door has been swung open !
Great job Eagles.
Now we have to keep winning - not easy and that away city game is going to be massive April 11.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

GTFO eh...........
What a roll were on ! despite the heavy schedule were still doing the biz so so well.
Kudos to them they played a good game and prob feel what more can they do (get it in the net) BUT our resiliance our guile our commitment is unreal.
Every single one of our lads put so much in and played their part.
Thiago's ball through for Jota was bloody world class and well he put that away on angle.
Our press and winning ball in their zone set up the 2nd, Hendo ! and Bobby, I love you man what postioning movement into the hole and flick by into the net, game breaker !
1 point behind its just amazing with 9 to go.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

a business like performance getting over Forest in the FACup - through to semis to vs City.
Jota, such a unassuming player just keeps delivering.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

WC qualifiers have been good and not for some of our LFC lads......

I feel for MO, done again by Sadios fellas but the woeful behaviour by the locals during the pen shootout needs to be addressed,
Just not on, I'm sure Sadio feels sorry about this.
Diaz's fellas missed out by 1point ironically Peru gets to the play offs hopefully playing our Roos for that spot.
Looks like we will have 9 LFC players in the WC, could be 7 by the time WC starts with likely departures of Origi/Minamino.

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jordan Henderson, Virgil van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, Sadio Mane, Diogo Jota, Takumi Minamino, Divock Origi

Congrats to them and I'll be following you all.

Yet to be confirmed

Thiago, Roberto Firmino, Andy Robertson

Thiago and Firmino’s involvement for their respective countries is unsure, with Thiago not named in a Spain squad since last summer’s Euros and Firmino’s place for Brazil uncertain.

Meanwhile, Robertson’s Scotland are due to play Ukraine in their re-arranged qualifying play-off in June, but that is, of course, uncertain too.

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

coming up is back to EPL this weekend and we're hosting Watford at Home.
1st game too might I add which is great lets get those 3points and then keep an eye on city away following day against resilient Burnley.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

little time between updates..........
3points v's Watford.
CL away Benfica 3-1 win.
then the League trip to the blue side of manchester shootout.
That was the most hectic game of season to date as expected.
They hit us like a ton of bricks and I had some real concerns BUT when we settled and played our game we opened them up and scored.
2 very nice goals might I add.
Playing away is never easy and worse against them, they can really play and dictate the game.
We were lucky at times not conceding more but thats football, we dug in and shared the points live for another day.
8 league games to go, can't afford to drop any points nor can they.
They have a easier run than us BUT never say never.
CL @ 2nd leg v's Benfica today, Kloppy had the luxury to rest quite a few of main fellas, resting VVD !? be a first that I can recall, TAA,Mane,Salah, Fabs, Thaigo.
OK we had a 3-1 scoreline to protect - what luxury we have today, been a long long time being in this position.
As expected Benfica came at us but we went toe to toe with them as we would.
Konate breaks the ice gets another header from a corner, his 2nd LFC goal, onya fella !
Bobby ! gets one, 10mins later another, oh how I love Bobby.
They strike back and another 3-3.
Can live with that with such a different starting line up and all.
Well done fellas into the Semi v's and unexpected Villareal.

Next up FACup semi v's City.
Sounds like Atleti smashed them up a bit in their CL game, Walker limped off, DeBryne likely an injury.
Pep went full strong line up that game whereas we could rest some of ours as mentioned.
Lets find out what line up they put up, I'm feeling good.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Nothing like watching games that keep you on the edge till the end.....
That FA semi was hectic - what a 1st half 3up.
Why didn't we start like that previous league game against them.
Konate OMG just what we needed to settle it all down 3 from 3 for him.
Mane back to his agressive best - what a bomb on their yanky keeper but whoah hows the technique for his 2nd goal.
The build up play was beatiful let alone the finish.
Thaigo is absolute class to watch, what a puppet master.
Diaz, how was his flip of the ball getting by Sterling, then his dribbling one 2 through traffic - what a frigging player.
Alli what a keeper, ok we let them back in but what club keeps that crowd scoreless.
Chelski in the Final to play.

So back to league focus and its United @ Anfield tomorrow morn our time 5am.
Bring it on.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

he who laughs last laughs loudest........
I have been a long long time LFC supporter, even 10yrs prior to Craig Johnstone days.
You younger ones wouldn't know what we've gone through and to anniliate united like we did today and the 1st round has been so so bitter sweet !
9 goals x 2 games and sheer humiliation.
Enjoy it whilst it lasts and long may you remind them.
That 1st half was near on perfect football, I was nearly disappointed we didn't put a few more away before HT but 2 up was convincing enough.
What one touch football for all to see, that first Diaz goal was text book build up play.
Infact all goals were.
4 fn nil.
Thaigo is such class he cut them up like butter, what a player.
What players they all are really.
Sadio has blown off his afcon shackles and in cranking form, MO finally gets his mojo back with a double ! could have had another hat trick.
Kudos to the LFC crowd giving Ronaldo a minutes applause at the 7th min, that was very touching and class again.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

WTF of a derby........
I don't mind them playing park the bus game BUT the BS gamesmenship was pathetic for all to see.
That Richarlerson should be kicked out of the game - he has behaved like that many times be it our games and others he's a blatant cheat and refs should pull him up for it day in day out.......
Pickford the duesh bag, again why wasn't a yellow thrown up at him long ago through the game.
We fell into their heap that 1st half it was frustrating to watch.
The Official was useless had no control of the game.
The subs changed the game for us, Diaz, this signing is GOLD, how was he taking the piss controlling that crossed ball to him with his inside leg, I mean who does that with complete control.
Just wow Robbo finally puts one in the net so rapted for him.
Then the build up play again for the 2nd goal, Diaz trys an aerial that bonuces high across the 6yard box and who's there to finish it off, Origi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFS how good was that - he's the super sub and half so many times and the Toffs are one of his bunnys.
What a ending YNWA.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

LFC. - 26 Apr 2022 11:11 AM
WTF of a derby........
I don't mind them playing park the bus game BUT the BS gamesmenship was pathetic for all to see.
That Richarlerson should be kicked out of the game - he has behaved like that many times be it our games and others he's a blatant cheat and refs should pull him up for it day in day out.......
Pickford the duesh bag, again why wasn't a yellow thrown up at him long ago through the game.
We fell into their heap that 1st half it was frustrating to watch.
The Official was useless had no control of the game.
The subs changed the game for us, Diaz, this signing is GOLD, how was he taking the piss controlling that crossed ball to him with his inside leg, I mean who does that with complete control.
Just wow Robbo finally puts one in the net so rapted for him.
Then the build up play again for the 2nd goal, Diaz trys an aerial that bonuces high across the 6yard box and who's there to finish it off, Origi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFS how good was that - he's the super sub and half so many times and the Toffs are one of his bunnys.
What a ending YNWA.

LFC, we are of a similar vintage bud and both have watched a crapton of football I guess. That take by Diaz on the wing was one of the nicest, neatest, most effortlessly special things I have EVER seen on a football pitch...... All the diving, time wasting anti football crap Lampard's clowns dished up cant erase that little sublime moment..... made me jump off the couch that one :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

hehe your telling me MSC re Diaz's skill, I was like WTF, that was Pele/Maradona stuff for me, never have I seen that done before as well as beating the defender coming down on him.
What a talent, I'm led to believe pancy Neymar has done it finding the below comments elsewhere.

Diaz does a Neymar flick and then gets a bicycle assist, what a fucking player

More comments
Luis Diaz came onto the pitch at 0-0, turned the game around with some incredible football and finished it off with a bicycle kick assist for 2-0.All inside 30 minutes of his Merseyside derby debut.What. A. Player. We’re so lucky to have him

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I've watched alot of LFC football in my times, the heydays of the '70/80's and some Legend players like KK,Rushy,Hypia,Clemence etcetc.....
I used to marvel at their skill levels and dominat displays - the type of football then is no where of todays game obviously, you can't compare decades BUT holy shit this squad in the modern game is near on as complete you can get I reckon........
We just played a pretty sound spanish team that knocked out Juve/Bayern of the CL and we just strangled them completely out of the game.
They had 1 shot (0/ZERO shots on target) the entire game.
27% possesion to our 73%
2 disallowed goals in our 2nil win.
Our mids of Thiago/Hendo/Fabs just run them off, Fabs I swear at times porposely lose's the ball so he can win it back for fun.
What a DM, Hendo is just a machine box to box and Thiago, the purple patch he has been in the last 5 odd games is astounding play, his vision and execution is surblind.
Then our front 3, depending who's on, 3 are on 20+ goals to date in the campaign, then throw in Diaz who is a threat every single time on the ball makes defense's wonder WTF now.
Allison must have been cold all game he hardly was in the play.
Our backline are beasts.
HT as Kloppy quotes, 2goals is never that comfortable we need to go there and put a couple more in against a hostile crowd and the yellow subs will be going all out trying to turn the ledger around.

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

3points all that matters, tradesmen like performance away against a Toon team who was on a roll.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search