Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
CL Semi vs Villareal !
Now that the worst 1st half I have seen us play in a long time, Villa did a LFC to us, I expected them to lift But not to that extent !
1st to the ball, won everything and force copious amounts of mistakes - we were living on the edge, even VVD looked hussled.
those 2 soft goals were hard to swallow, Robbo and TAA at fault big time.
Alas HT couldn't come soon enough and Klopp sure got them back on the page for the 2nd.
Totally diff half and we took control.
Our goal was coming but not till he made the change pulling off Jota putting Diaz on.
Game changer period !
This kid is a wonder as I've mentioned before.
Fabs puts that important goal through the keepers legs, Diaz meets a TAA cross heads through his legs as well !
Coupe de grace Mane picks up a through ball beating approaching keeper, beats a diving defenders tackle and slots it in.
Just meant to be - Villa was running out of puff, hardly touched our goal area LFC do what theyd o best, finish strong !
CL Finale here we come 3rd in 5yrs under Klopp.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Hard not to take it for granted by now. It's at the point where I almost expect them to make the CL final provided there's no injuries. Yet I still remember so clearly just 4 years ago, how exciting it was just to make the CL Final again after an 11 year absence, and it was the first chance under Klopp to win a major trophy.

May is going to be a busy month indeed!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I never take it for granted CH, my 30yrs of hope reminds me of it all barring Instanbul.
One slip  (oh Stevie) and its all over like what happenned to City today OMG.
I marvel at this squad Klopp has recruited, more so how they play for him and the Club and themselves.
I never expected coming close to Shanks/Paisley reigns but it sure has a feeling as such !

and somehow things are just falling into place when your in this kind of mindset as they are, that 2nd half comeback against Villareal was just sheer put on the switch lets play and win this now the 1st half was rubbish.
Hardly an injury is another thing (barring Bobby) with 8 games to play (2 Finals) that is so crucial on the run to the finish its amazing.
May is here and its massive.

So glad we have RM CL replay, MO quoted as such the other day he'd love to have another go at them again and now its their chance.......

I'm not even thinking of the league title for now its their hands.

Win both those Finals I'll be damn happy x 3 Cups following last 2 league games, what happens happens.

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I knew this was coming re the league........
With so many fixtures I justy couldn't see us being perfect forever re results.
Something had to give and block game Conte set as expected finally got us.
I was frustrated watching for with all the possesion we looked like just going through the motions instead of making it happen.
Sure we missed a few good chances with set plays BUT we didn't rush them when winning back ball and hit them 100miles an hour - instead we gave them time to re set and have 9 players defending sometimes 10 tight all sitting in front of their box.
Shame to drop those 2 valuable points but I never had hopes for this media hyped quadie.
Lets just re group and take the CL more than enything else, whatever else comes comes......
The amount of fixtures played is gonna take it toll.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

phew hard to watch the Villa game.
They are fresh compared to us we're like in our 65th game or abouts........
I'm feeling for the lads being every game is like a final feel to it but thats the position we have put ourselves in contending with all comps.
Kudos to them all and Klopps team and the Club.
They hit us 1000mph at the start and got a scrappy goal but how we recovered in great time was perfect, similar to theirs crowded box just lucky our boy Matip put his foot to it for the equaliser.
Sadio's season is becoming one of legend, he is a beast and half what a flicked header into the net for our 2nd.

Made hard work of it thats for sure but our fight is massive hanging in there, ugly wins count who bloody cares.
Hope Fabs hammy is ok for the Cup Final.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

The busy month officially starts tomorrow...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

How did you like that Red fans ?!!!!!!!!!!
FACup winners 2022, not since 2006 had we won the Cup !
8th time we done this double - to some younger the FACup was one of the most prestigious Cups to win back in the ol days it saddenned me through the later modern times it became less relevant BUT who doesn't like winning any Cup on offer ! bet you loved watching the outcome.
OK ET and pens isn't the greatest way to win BUT better than not !
Our boys are running their legs off when your in a position vying for every single title in a season this doesn't happen often, 60odd games the gas in the tank is getting stretched BUT the fight in them all is for all to see.
I don't expect the Quad at all - all this media hype thats what it is, just too damn hard but the season has been epic period !
We blew the title Dec/Jan 15points behind and the draws are the diff BUT thats how its gone.

As for the game, why o why we couldn't put one or 2 away early, DIAZ is a BOMB of a player look how he's performed since joining us, seamless, the spark is surblind he's a beast !
Mendy is a rippa keeper and he's always been our nemisis playing against them.
What an effort by all our players what a team !
What pen takes by ours, Thiago sheer gall, poor Sadio but nothing against him then Tsimikas Scouse rips it right by Mendy what a finish under the circumstances right in front of the chelsea support and celebration.
I have high hopes MO and VVD will be a ok for the CL more than then next 2 league games and Fabs.
We got the players to step in for these games.
Damn Hammers nearly did the amazing.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Saw the game at Cheers with some friends, first major fixture I've been out for since the 2019 CL Final. LFC should've had that match sealed before full-time even if Chelsea put together some genuine threatening shots that were just off the mark also. Instead we had to go through the 30 minutes of extra time and the possibility of penalties. If there's a game that knows how to milk you for time like football does, I don't know what else. Cricket? A mate was getting worried about the concept of penalties and it's true they're largely a roll of the dice, but I felt confident about the prospect. Not just about who is at our disposal but the confidence of the team as a whole in tense situations. Even moving on into penalties, I can't recall the last time I felt so stoic and aware of how out of your hands it all is. There was a fleeting moment of frustration when Sadio failed to net his shot with the match one kick away from being won- more time to drag on and Chelsea get another go- but that was it. Tsimikas- never doubted you mate!

2/4 now, and a memorable season regardless of anything else. Another number on the trophy wall to be updated!

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

good you enjoyed yourself at Cheers, I'm still yet to venture there for a game but I'm lazy, alarm, make a cuppa load up optus cast to the tv......
My sons get up - one is LFC the poor other a Spurs fan but he likes watching with us.........
Cricket drags on our game kind of slows down to the end then massive climax !
Tomorrow koff can't come soon enough.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

9 start up changes and always a difficult away game against the Saints 237miles away......
What a squad - and so happy for the fringe guys standing up and delivering.
Jota was fouled on their build up to their goal but was well taken.
Ref allowed alot of decisions that should have been penalised.
They really didn't threat alot overall the 90 but those last 5mins I got anxious.
Taku puts in a bullet from close angle after nice close build up play.
So good seeing Bobby back and his touch and running.
Joel of all gets the winner what a season he has had.
Looking at the bigger picture,  Reds have won 14 of their last 17 games in all competitions, drawing the other three, and haven’t lost a game in the league this year, only dropping points against Chelsea, Man City, and Spurs.
It’s an unbelievable run, especially when you factor in the cup wins, but such near-perfection has been needed to keep the title race alive.
IF SG's Villians ( come on the little magician and Ings) can at least gain a draw OMG but thats alot of hope, at least we have drawn the line in the sand for the last game of a brilliant LFC season.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

LFC. - 18 May 2022 10:51 AM
9 start up changes and always a difficult away game against the Saints 237miles away......
What a squad - and so happy for the fringe guys standing up and delivering.
Jota was fouled on their build up to their goal but was well taken.
Ref allowed alot of decisions that should have been penalised.
They really didn't threat alot overall the 90 but those last 5mins I got anxious.
Taku puts in a bullet from close angle after nice close build up play.
So good seeing Bobby back and his touch and running.
Joel of all gets the winner what a season he has had.
Looking at the bigger picture,  Reds have won 14 of their last 17 games in all competitions, drawing the other three, and haven’t lost a game in the league this year, only dropping points against Chelsea, Man City, and Spurs.
It’s an unbelievable run, especially when you factor in the cup wins, but such near-perfection has been needed to keep the title race alive.
IF SG's Villians ( come on the little magician and Ings) can at least gain a draw OMG but thats alot of hope, at least we have drawn the line in the sand for the last game of a brilliant LFC season.

Mate.... WHAT A SEASON... Seriously near flawless despite some challenging moments and having to have some squeaky bum games go our way.... Now weve got both domestic cups (and YES Im obviously of an age were the FA cup is THE pinnacle) the league title and UCL are just icing on the cake... I have a sneaky suspician City will blink against Villa.... will go down 1 nil and get a penalty in the last 2-3 mins to equalise and keep them in it .... which they will  miss .... dont ask me why but Ive just got a feeling....
Sunday morning is going to be one of the most nerve wracking sessions in front of the tv for ALL EPL fans..... top AND bottom of the table..... how great is football sometimes?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Massive getting both Cups, especially FA agreed.
So impressive with the amount of fixtures played compared to most Clubs and the wins ugly or lucky many times witnin 3days turn around and the travels is as you say how Great football is and this squad.
haha like your suspicion but I'm not holding my hopes up at all, I just can't but never say never thats for sure.

yer the relegation battles is massive as well, Burnley/Leeds and Toffs.
Toffs have make up game tomorrow against Palace @ H and last game against Arse A, I'd say blue side of mercyside will be on the edge of their seats.
Hoping Leeds survive.
How good is P/R - this is what its all about.
Its Monday morn MSC all 1am koffs.

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

LFC. - 19 May 2022 8:55 AM
Massive getting both Cups, especially FA agreed.
So impressive with the amount of fixtures played compared to most Clubs and the wins ugly or lucky many times witnin 3days turn around and the travels is as you say how Great football is and this squad.
haha like your suspicion but I'm not holding my hopes up at all, I just can't but never say never thats for sure.

yer the relegation battles is massive as well, Burnley/Leeds and Toffs.
Toffs have make up game tomorrow against Palace @ H and last game against Arse A, I'd say blue side of mercyside will be on the edge of their seats.
Hoping Leeds survive.
How good is P/R - this is what its all about.
Its Monday morn MSC all 1am koffs.

Sorry mate, yes I know Monday morning.... :) 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

fark what a ride this morning..........
Even though we weren't playing well I knew we would get back in the game and eventually win but hearing those roars around Anfield of Villas 2 goals was you have got to be kidding could they really pull that off ????!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't think so sadly But kudos to City once again - our 2 clubs gunning over 90 points a season has become the bar unbelieveably - we just got to do better not dropping those valuable points re draws, or less of them.
The fightback since Jan has been of epic proportions with the amount of fixtures that we finally took the domestic Cups more seriously due to the depth of the squad and the youth players.
Proud as punch regardless not winning the league - I resigned to the fact when 14 points adrift, everything else has been a bonus......
Wolves really exploited our high line Thankfully we didn't get punished more than we should have.
Concerns for Thiago for the CL and I think he's gone.
At least we get Fabs back.
Rest and recover fellas one more BIG one to contend with we're right behind you all !
Alli gets Golden Gloves.
Salah Golden Boot - Sadio 5th.....
Salah Playmaker/Assists of the Season - TAA 2nd, Robbo 3rd !

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I remember what happened last time LFC lost the title by a point to Man City, despite winning their final game of the season against Wolves:

They had a CL Final the following week, having beat a Spanish side to qualify, taking on a team in white who staged a miraculous comeback to get there. The following domestic season went alright for LFC too...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

as they say, could it be history repeating itself :)

How good is it that we're in one more game, the biggest whilst everyone else has gone on leave......
I'm starting to get anxious - a good way just can't wait for koff.
Some positive news re Thiago but could be only spin to keep RM wondering.
Fabs training should a ok I expect.
RM concerns for me is TAA dealing with bloody Junior, this kid is quick as and plays well.
Benzema I feel Matip or Konate will be glued to him with VVD mopping up.
The 2 ol foxs Groos but more so Modric, if he's allowed room he will hurt us more.
Look at the league stats same amount of games 38 we have finished better in every sector.
IF we can play our game through periods and attack I feel Courtious is not the shot stopper as good as Allison.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I just need to type this I don’t care if anyone reads it. My grandma is dying on the weekend of the champions league final. She used to follow liverpool with me when we played on fox sports she followed from the Torres era,surawez to now. 

She learnt the offside rule but didn’t quite understand why we played so many games (used to afl) don’t think she got the cup games. When I moved out of home was the same time optus got the epl so she struggled watching games but she’d always check the score and ask how they are going. I was lucky to go to the MCG with her and see liverpool play which is something I won’t forget. She loved klopp and the club. Honestly i don’t follow liverpool as much as I used to but I'll never forget these times watching games ynwa 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MCG very nice post and pleasure to read it passing on a very personable experience and very sad outcome.
May Garandma RIP and she'll definately never be alone !

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

LFC. - 29 May 2022 5:47 PM
MCG very nice post and pleasure to read it passing on a very personable experience and very sad outcome.
May Garandma RIP and she'll definately never be alone !

Thanks mate appreciate it shame about the result this morning 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes the result is a shame AND if you can't convert you pay......
We put enough to them even though I didn't think we played our own game under the circumstances but we've seen it all before when a keeper plays a MOTM game not much you can do about it.
Been a huge looooong season and we came up short by inches in the league and CL thats Football.
Everyone incl supporters needs the rest.
We will re group and be back no doubt about it.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 26 May 2022 3:06 PM
as they say, could it be history repeating itself :)

How good is it that we're in one more game, the biggest whilst everyone else has gone on leave......
I'm starting to get anxious - a good way just can't wait for koff.
Some positive news re Thiago but could be only spin to keep RM wondering.
Fabs training should a ok I expect.
RM concerns for me is TAA dealing with bloody Junior, this kid is quick as and plays well.
Benzema I feel Matip or Konate will be glued to him with VVD mopping up.
The 2 ol foxs Groos but more so Modric, if he's allowed room he will hurt us more.
Look at the league stats same amount of games 38 we have finished better in every sector.
IF we can play our game through periods and attack I feel Courtious is not the shot stopper as good as Allison.

Oh mate..... this last comment ..... farkin Courtois, what a game he had? Still cant believe some of the saves he pulled of... Oh well, well played RM I suppose, there is always next year :(

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 28 May 2022 4:35 AM
I just need to type this I don’t care if anyone reads it. My grandma is dying on the weekend of the champions league final. She used to follow liverpool with me when we played on fox sports she followed from the Torres era,surawez to now. 

She learnt the offside rule but didn’t quite understand why we played so many games (used to afl) don’t think she got the cup games. When I moved out of home was the same time optus got the epl so she struggled watching games but she’d always check the score and ask how they are going. I was lucky to go to the MCG with her and see liverpool play which is something I won’t forget. She loved klopp and the club. Honestly i don’t follow liverpool as much as I used to but I'll never forget these times watching games ynwa 

Hope your nan has a good trip to the other side brother and rests easy.....
Great that you had a bond over football, youll get to remember here in the future when you watch the reds.....
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 May 2022 10:02 AM
LFC. - 26 May 2022 3:06 PM
Oh mate..... this last comment ..... farkin Courtois, what a game he had? Still cant believe some of the saves he pulled of... Oh well, well played RM I suppose, there is always next year :(

yer mate I sure had to eat my poop there, as he said post game he wanted to prove many wrong especially from the EPL side of the world for he sure didn't get alot of wraps whilst there.......
Correct always next season glad we're in a good strong space.
Saddenned to see looking like Mane is moving on prob Bayern, Player of our season TBH he's been massive.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Didn't expect we willing to spend this high
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/06/official-benfica-confirm-e100m-deal-with-liverpool-for-darwin-nunez/

Still waiting on Mane's official announcement, pretty sad we part ways.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and confirmed
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/06/liverpool-confirm-darwin-nunez-shirt-number-after-85m-transfer/

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Looks like a good player 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes MCG - 22yrs and alot more to improve......
Got Klopps eye over our 2 CL Qrtr legs putting a goal away each game.
Benfica stats this season PL 28 GF 26 + 4 assists + 6 yellows lol.......

This signing has made next season interesting between City and us, both have finally signed out and out strikers after all the years without a proper specialist (barring the aging Aguero for City now departed).

Love Football

Edited
2 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Welcome opening your LFC score sheet Nunez in only your 3rd short time on the pitch !
4 goals in a 2nd half vs RB no mean feat happy days !

Boys are warming up, Elliott is going to be massive this season barring injuries, such a promising young talent.
Young Carvalho showing what we knew another great buy, won't be a start up player for a while but for the Cups etc he'll shine.
Youngsters Davies and Bajcetic getting minutes.
Team has coverage in every position x 2/3 options.
The core is fine getting their match fitness tuned.

Bring on the Community Shield game vs City Sunday July 31 2am fellas.
This will be our first real look at both Clubs with the new recruits.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well great to get up and watch a game worth viewing with pre season and all.
Trophy to boot !!!!!
Both contenders were a bit rusty still lacking match fitness BUT we sure showed the better play overall and throughly deserved.
We will miss Mane at some stage BUT MO/Bobby/Diaz sure will trouble them all add in Jota and Nunez we got the guns.
Thiago just keeps impressing me with his passion/class and pitch coverage.
Haaland welcome meeting a decent defense - the VVD/Matip locked you up very well mind you missing a late sitter.
Robbo/TAA, just getting warmed up and beautiful take TAA.
We let them have a soft goal !
Having Alli/Kelleher out showed Adrian is as always a worry.

Community Shield WON great booster - bring on Fulham and the start to another long season ahead touch wood injuries don't impact us.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I haven't seen us play that dis jointed and 2nd best for sometime.....not a great way to start 2points given away that sucks.
Credit to Fulham they did a job what we normally did far better press/hunger for the ball.
Thaigo now out with a hammy, gonna be up to the young fellas filling the mid void that I have had concerns of.
We need Nabby/Ox to stand up big time.
Glad MO put some moments together we needed and Nunez really stirred the pot once on kudos nice flick.
Shame Hendo's nice take hit the bar that would have been nice walking away with the win against the odds.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search