Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Key point remains - Hicks and Gillett breached contract with RBS
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Doctor wrote:
Funky's an eager observor but hasn't said anything... just thought id note that :)

Interested in the result, but have nothing to really put forward for discussion, I haven't followed this closely.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
I have faith in MB and the board. Lets get this shit sorted, please.

I'm not panicking... think we're in a good position.

35mins...

35 mins til we get rebuttals. I'm so nervous still.
Quote:
Key point remains - Hicks and Gillett breached contract with RBS

And broughton.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Funky's an eager observor but hasn't said anything... just thought id note that :)

Interested in the result, but have nothing to really put forward for discussion, I haven't followed this closely.

Martin Broughton said during the week, "This isn't just about Gillet and Hicks, or the RBS and Liverpool, this is about all Football."
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Fuck this, I'm cracking a JD
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Martin Broughton said during the week, "This isn't just about Gillet and Hicks, or the RBS and Liverpool, this is about all Football."

every man united fan should take note with what's happened at liverpool, because it's probable that something similar will happen there in the next 3-4 years
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

It could happen, but I wouldn't say it is probable.

That said, I don't know a lot about it, besides the amount of debt.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Good summation:

1.45pm: I've just had a quick chat with Owen Gibson, grabbing some lunch down at court, he says the essence of the court case this morning:

RBS: it is an open and shut case, that Broughton is empowered to make the decision. H&G were wrong to try to sack the board members.

Hicks and Gillett: there are three rival offers on the table - NESV, Meriton (Lim) and Mill Financial - and the board should compare these rival offers. A decision should not be rushed because all these offers should be considered.

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
It could happen, but I wouldn't say it is probable.

That said, I don't know a lot about it, besides the amount of debt.

I've read into it quite alot and about Glazers own investments and business back state side, but it'l take way too long to write and i fucking tired as it is
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Ding ding ding.

Time is up.

I expect RBS to make a few statements, and the verdict to come within the hour.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

From LFC:
From my understanding of these Hicks counter claims:

1) The "cancelled meeting" with Mill and the "letter from Meriton" are irrelevant because they relate to last Thursday and Friday respectively. A binding agreement had been made to accept the NESV previous to that. To suggest that wasn't understood is ludicrous given the media coverage last week.

2) The talk about a lack of communication and analysis of the bids seems highly hypocritical. We were told that Hicks put the phone down on Broughton last week when discussing the NESV bid. We also know that higher bids than this have been made for the club during Hicks tenure, and rejected by him. GG and TH themselves also won ownership despite not being the most lucrative offer on the table back in 2007.

To add to this;
3. The offer accepted for 300m was smaller than no less than 4 rejected bids in the range of 350-480m from various parties in previous months which would have fallen under the same 'beneficial to the club' tag which Hicks and Gillet are trying to counter-claim with.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

1.45pm: I've just had a quick chat with Owen Gibson, grabbing some lunch down at court, he says the essence of the court case this morning:

RBS: it is an open and shut case, that Broughton is empowered to make the decision. H&G were wrong to try to sack the board members.

Hicks and Gillett: there are three rival offers on the table - NESV, Meriton (Lim) and Mill Financial - and the board should compare these rival offers. A decision should not be rushed because all these offers should be considered.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
Fuck this, I'm cracking a JD

I just cracked my seventh beer.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

skysports_bryan

@ #LIV hearing. Broughton just told me his message to #LIV fans - "keep the faith"

Come on MB! Chance to become a Kop hero here if this all works out.

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
skysports_bryan

@ #LIV hearing. Broughton just told me his message to #LIV fans - "keep the faith"

A Chelsea Fan, a Kop Hero?.... GET IN THERE MB!... i've got two different playlists ready to go pending on the decision
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
imnofreak wrote:
skysports_bryan

A Chelsea Fan, a Kop Hero?.... GET IN THERE MB!... i've got two different playlists ready to go pending on the decision

You only need one if we win. YNWA, full blast.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
imnofreak wrote:
skysports_bryan

You only need one if we win. YNWA, full blast.

or No Surprises - Radiohead if we lose
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
imnofreak wrote:
skysports_bryan

He hasn't given up, he has stuck it to these Cowboy bastards, which commands and demands respect.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Apparently a board meeting has been scheduled for this evening after the court case.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
imnofreak wrote:
skysports_bryan

He hasn't given up, he has stuck it to these Cowboy bastards, which commands and demands respect.

I've really liked MB, other fans may disagree, but just since the start of his tenure he's just came out tried to say it how it is (while trying to show some respect to G&H which was somewhat obligatory in his situation) and has been direct with the fans, chariman of BA and the british horse racing association sounded good enough for me
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Apparently a board meeting has been scheduled for this evening after the court case.

Could be for myriad of things. Not good or bad news imo
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

FUCK!... i just want to go to bed
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

FUCK!... i just want to go to bed

At 1am I'm turning the comp off. I swear. :P

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

new thread title
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

2.15pm: Back to the High Court: G&H claim the board meeting last Tuesday broke down when they US owners refused to continue "after a conversation with the chairman during the adjournment". They claim that the remaining three directors, Broughton, Purslow and Ayre formed a 'sub committee' which then considered the bids and after discussions with RBS decided to go with NESV.

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

v2.18pm: From the court: H&G argue: "Resolution of the sub-committee is invalid because the English directors were in breach of the sales contract with RBS."

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

my two years doing legal studies have not helped me at all with these proceedings
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Ok... Not trying to alarm you or anything.... but.... I'm slowly starting to worry.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

2.18pm: From the court: H&G argue: "Resolution of the sub-committee is invalid because the English directors were in breach of the sales contract with RBS."
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search