The Official Summer of Cricket thread......

The Official Summer of Cricket thread......

Author
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

That is nothing, nothing like what has occured in SA which is blatant cheating.
The above a young bloke long before him being a Captain, how many others have reacted as such in games over the decades trying to gain the call their way but the correct outcome prevailed.
Like divers in our game, its hard to call them cheats or not eh, pretty weak posting.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Warner finally copping shit.  See you later cock.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/players-turn-on-david-warner-as-ball-tampering-crisis-tears-team-apart-20180327-p4z6ks.html

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

I agree with the sentiments about Smith/Warner and the poor culture among the Aussies and I hope they cop it hard but geez some in the media need to dial it back a bit. With some of the reactions you'd think Smith was convicted of mass murder
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

correct aufc, media today have a lot to answer for.

By the way, Lehmann is one who has to go imo.

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

So 12 month bans from international and domestic cricket for Smith and Warner, 9 months for Bancroft. All can play grade cricket. Smith and Bancroft are able to be considered for leadership roles 12 months after the end of their bans and will depend on a whole bunch of criteria. Warner will never be considered for a leadership role again. Both Smith and Warner have lost their places in the IPL.

Turns out Warner was the leader and was the one who got Bancroft to do it and even showed him how, then when the shit hit the fan he pretended he knew nothing and didn't fess up after the match. Smith in the shit because he knew but didn't do anything to stop it and misled officials. Also turns out it was sandpaper not tape.

Lehmann in the clear, CA sufficiently convinced he didn't know about the plot. Apparently he sent out Handscombe once everything started happening to find out what was going on. Find it hard to believe he or any other player didn't know.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer more cover up re Lehmann and others.
Smith is weak, should have said no fucking way are we doing this.
Warner should cop more for being the instigator.
Bancroft, stupid is stupid, fair enough his penance due to the circumstances.

Love Football

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

LOL, Australian Teams been twats a long time.  Glad to see them get their comeuppance

Only surprise has been why they've haven't done more about Warner before, he's been an obvious liability forever.

Maxwell will be having a really good chortle about it all quietly

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

aufc_ole - 27 Mar 2018 11:12 PM
I agree with the sentiments about Smith/Warner and the poor culture among the Aussies and I hope they cop it hard but geez some in the media need to dial it back a bit. With some of the reactions you'd think Smith was convicted of mass murder

Agree, I don't think it warrants this level of outrage. I mean Faf Du Plessis got convicted of basically the same thing and people didn't go apeshit. All he got was a one game ban from memory.

The majority of this has been driven by media-types who wouldn't have known what reverse swing was until a few days ago. CA just succumbed to the hand-wringing and the cries of "ban them all for life" without actually assessing what actually happened on its merits.  

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

433 - 29 Mar 2018 12:45 PM

Agree, I don't think it warrants this level of outrage. I mean Faf Du Plessis got convicted of basically the same thing and people didn't go apeshit. All he got was a one game ban from memory.

The majority of this has been driven by media-types who wouldn't have known what reverse swing was until a few days ago. CA just succumbed to the hand-wringing and the cries of "ban them all for life" without actually assessing what actually happened on its merits.  

Nah, has been a long time coming and they've gotten their just desserts.

Like I said above they've been a bunch of cunce for a while and this is the reaction is due to not a single incident but the culmination of poor behaviour over the past decade or more.

Take David Warner for instance, calls blokes cunce all day long and then someone has a crack at his wife and he blows up like the piss poor small man he is.  That's just one example.  How about asking for the stump mikes to be turned down so they can't be overheard sledging the fuck out of the Sth Africans?  Then when they were told no they started plugging other products that weren't sponsors so they were forced to turn the mikes down.

The send offs, the bullying, the whole lot.  Darren Lehman once said he hopes the opposition captain cops so much shit he goes home in tears?  I mean WTF?

Fuck them.  I'd rather lose honourably than win ugly.

Member since 2008.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Bunch of bogan,thuggish cheating scum who have spent the past few years sooking about everyone else in world cricket like the hypocritical arrogant pieces of human garbage that they are.   I hope they get called cheats everywhere they go for the next 10 years until they all cry.  

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

It's already cost them one major multi-year sponsorship deal and will probably cost them more. That matters more to CA than what actually happened.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 29 Mar 2018 1:52 PM

Nah, has been a long time coming and they've gotten their just desserts.

Like I said above they've been a bunch of cunce for a while and this is the reaction is due to not a single incident but the culmination of poor behaviour over the past decade or more.

Take David Warner for instance, calls blokes cunce all day long and then someone has a crack at his wife and he blows up like the piss poor small man he is.  That's just one example.  How about asking for the stump mikes to be turned down so they can't be overheard sledging the fuck out of the Sth Africans?  Then when they were told no they started plugging other products that weren't sponsors so they were forced to turn the mikes down.

The send offs, the bullying, the whole lot.  Darren Lehman once said he hopes the opposition captain cops so much shit he goes home in tears?  I mean WTF?

Fuck them.  I'd rather lose honourably than win ugly.

Now you've got the bowlers claiming it's nothing to do with them.

No way are they that fucking blind to the change in the state of the cherry being handed back to them after bouncing once

Just as much to blame.

If I must
If I must
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)

Warner was obviously a very bad influence in the team, Smith far too weak a leader and Bancroft stupid for doing it. 

However Lehmann does not pick the team so he could not stop Warner being in the team and he can only do so much to control him. This time he failed to do so, but that certainly does not mean he knew about it or in anyway supported what happened. 

As for the video on the Steve Waugh dropping the chance but still claiming it, the ball clearly bounced behind Waugh's head where he could not see it. He grabs at it blindly and must have thought he grabbed it without it hitting the ground.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

You wonder how the court of arbitration would find an appeal. If the usual punishment for ball tampering is 1 match (and no one has from memory ever served more than 2), regardless of CA's concern about damaging reputation I think a 1 year ban would be hard to justify. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Lehmann has quit. Will step down after this test
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Kamaryn - 29 Mar 2018 7:09 PM
You wonder how the court of arbitration would find an appeal. If the usual punishment for ball tampering is 1 match (and no one has from memory ever served more than 2), regardless of CA's concern about damaging reputation I think a 1 year ban would be hard to justify. 

You sem to be missing the ensuing cover up, the lies and the clauses in their fucking huge players union contracts that rely on Sponsors who are now ripping up their monthly cheque.

Cry about the kiddies then go drown your sorrows in your waterfront mansion.

60 minutes incoming

If I must
If I must
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)

This is about much more than just simple ball tampering.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

If I must - 30 Mar 2018 8:01 AM

This is about much more than just simple ball tampering.

Yeah, Cricket Australia made it pretty clear in their findings it's not just about the actual act of ball tampering.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 30 Mar 2018 1:24 PM
If I must - 30 Mar 2018 8:01 AM

Yeah, Cricket Australia made it pretty clear in their findings it's not just about the actual act of ball tampering.

Of course, and I'm not denying that. But if they can make a convincing case that this is something that is usually only a 1-2 match suspension and has instead been unfairly blown out of proportion, then it will be hard to defend 12 months. The players' union has already started an appeal, so will be interesting to watch.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kamaryn
If I must
If I must
Hardcore Fan

Kamaryn - 30 Mar 2018 8:03 PM
sydneycroatia58 - 30 Mar 2018 1:24 PM

Of course, and I'm not denying that. But if they can make a convincing case that this is something that is usually only a 1-2 match suspension and has instead been unfairly blown out of proportion, then it will be hard to defend 12 months. The players' union has already started an appeal, so will be interesting to watch.

It is worth a 1 or 2 match suspension under the ICC rules, but the 12 month suspension was brought down by CA based on their own code of conduct. I am not sure that kind of argument would work.
I think the bans are quite fair, perhaps I would not have given Bancroft that much time and would have banned Smith permanently from leadership positions, but I am not aware of exactly what happened. Overall I think CA handled the situation very well.
Muz
Muz
Legend

$20 million sponsorship torn up yesterday by Magellan who had a 3 year deal.  

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/magellan-dumps-cricket-australia-sponsorship-deal-20180329-p4z6u2.html

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search