Paraguay's extra special incentive to win the Copa America

Paraguay's extra special incentive to win the Copa America

Author
parle_ku
Hacker
Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
Larissa gives Paraguay an incentive to win ther Copa America

PARAGUAY fans will be keener than ever for their team to land the Copa America after model Larissa Riquelme promised to pose nude should they triumph.

And Paraguay made a satisfactory start with a 0-0 draw against Ecuador in Group B, the same score as the Brazil-Venezuela match in the same group.

And Riquelme gave them extra motivation after making her promise, similar to one she also made during the last World Cup, earning her the sobriquet la 'Novia del Mundial' (World Cup girlfriend) in her homeland.

"If Paraguay win the Copa America then I shall pose nude on the pitch,'' she said as she gestured in the direction of the Brigadier General Estanislao Lopez stadium before today's match against Ecuador .

Argentina has been caught in a polar snap this week with temperatures plunging well below zero Celsius in the middle of the Southern Hemisphere winter.

But Riquelme did her best to bring a warm glow to supporters of Paraguay and Ecuador fans demanding pictures and autographs from the model who eschewed even a coat as she pranced in a sleeveless top in Paraguayan red and white.

"I think we'll do well at the Copa,'' forecast Riquelme, who intends to follow all her country's matches on the spot.

Her fans will doubtless hope she is right.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/larissa-gives-paraguay-an-incentive-to-win-ther-copa-america/story-e6frfg8x-1226086937041

Paraguay FTW!!!!!

Edit: Probably more suited to Extra Time. My bad

Edited by parle_ku: 4/7/2011 10:36:19 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

:lol: Don't get your hopes up, she said she'd do the same thing after Paraguay lost to Spain at the World Cup, but as far as I know she didn't.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
:lol: Moved to ET.
melbhearthammer
melbhearthammer
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

She said if Paraguay won the world cup she would run through the streets naked.

Come on match fixers, make it happen!
Pr1mo
Pr1mo
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Should this not be in the "Show us you puppies" thread?
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

after she poses naked we'll merge the threads :lol:
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
:lol: Don't get your hopes up, she said she'd do the same thing after Paraguay lost to Spain at the World Cup, but as far as I know she didn't.

Why would she have offered to pose nude if Paraguay lost?

I think melbhearthammer got it right.

Monster
Monster
Amateur
Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)

I'd suck the fart out of her ass anyday.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

petszk wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Why would she have offered to pose nude if Paraguay lost?

I think melbhearthammer got it right.

She initially offered to do it if they won as a counter to Maradona's offer to streak if Argentina won. Then she offered to do it if they beat Spain and made the semis, and then she said she'd do it anyway even though they lost.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Monster wrote:

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Monster
Monster
Amateur
Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)Amateur (540 reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Monster wrote:

You'd do it too. Don't lie, man.
zizou
zizou
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Venezuelan singer Diosa Canales has decided to match Riquelme's promise by promising to go nude if Venezuela wins the Copa America. I'll let you boys do the google search.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Monster wrote:
Heineken wrote:
Monster wrote:

You'd do it too. Don't lie, man.

Emma Watson. 'Nuff said. =p~

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

dale1878
dale1878
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

zizou wrote:
Diosa Canales

=p~
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

[size=9]BOOBIES!!![/size]

Notify me if Paraguay ever actually win anything...
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

everyone knows these teams wont win, so these promises are quite poor.

like they havnt posed nude before.
parle_ku
parle_ku
Hacker
Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)Hacker (418 reputation)

Cmon Paraguay, 2 more wins
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I think they will make the final and then lose to Uruguay.
girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

2/4 ain't bad
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Benjo wrote:

It should almost certainly be a Paraguay v Uruguay final.
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Benjo - 18 Jul 2011 2:44 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_Final

As an aside from the main topic...

This was a weird tournament for Paraguay.
The two teams that they beat in the knockout rounds (Brazil & Venezuela) were in Paraguay's group in the group stage.

So their opponents in the tournament were;
Group Stage: Ecuador
Group Stage: Brazil
Group Stage: Venezuela
Quarter Finals: Brazil
Semi Finals: Venezuela

Final: Uruguay

It's unusual for a team to meet one of their group stage opponents again in the knockout stages, let alone two of them.

Even weirder when you consider that Paraguay finished 3rd in the group and only just squeaked into the knockout stages.

Edited
3 Years Ago by petszk
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search