How long do you spend playing games each day?

How long do you spend playing games each day?

Author
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
How is gaming anti-social?

If I'm not gaming I may be watching a TV show, a movie or reading a book. All of these things are entertainment and solo past times.

I don't see what the difference is really.

And besides, I've played games WITH people in the past...not MP online..but sitting beside them. Have had some good times doing that over the years.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Exactly what Erebus said.

Just have to laugh at people who say that. I only play my PS3 when I've got nothing to do. The other option is watch TV, watch a movie, sit on my laptop pointlessly.. Why is picking up a controller any different?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I've just finished an assignment on the effects of Media Violence. All you avid COD players have mental issues, and research claims you're twice as likey to pick up a gun and kill somebody in real life then those who don't play.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
I've just finished an assignment on the effects of Media Violence. All you avid COD players have mental issues, and research claims you're twice as likey to pick up a gun and kill somebody in real life then those who don't play.

I call bullshit.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

General Ashnak wrote:
Heineken wrote:

I call bullshit.

This :lol: I've been playing GTA since I was like 10, and not once have I been tempted to pick up a gun and shoot someone :lol:
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Last night I touched the Xbox for the first time in weeks to play Forza with my brother in law.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Also, I love how Heineken derides people for playing games and having no social lives ON AN INTERNET FORUM THAT HE HAS UPWARDS OF 23,000 POSTS ON.
ual
ual
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

I might play a couple of hours worth of FIFA a week. I suspect it'll climb dramatically when FIFA12 comes out :D
ducky42
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

As I mainly play FIFA, does that mean I am twice as likely to become a professional footballer?
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

As I mainly play FIFA, does that mean I am twice as likely to become a professional footballer?

No, but you are twice as likely to do the Robot when you do something successfully.
ducky42
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

No, but you are twice as likely to do the Robot when you do something successfully.

:-k I see. Now that you mention it, I have been doing the robot twice as often as I did pre-FIFA.

I also seem to randomly slide tackle people uncontrollably whenever I go out. It is becoming a serious issue.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

REAL research on media/video games effects on people to go on violent rampages says its all bullshit.

You must be reading the "reports" that the ACL keep bringing up by some douche in the US which has been refuted countless times by proper experts not some conservative right wing nutjob.

I guess prior to GTA, CoD etc we never had murders or wars or rapes or thefts in our society. The evidence is conclusive!!!!
:roll: :roll:

Also...actual soldiers in the field have been asked about the "realism" in CoD. They laughed it off basically saying "lol...this is just a game and its nothing like real life war"

I hate holier than thou attitudes when it comes to gaming and comics/graphic novels. Its all the baby boomers thinking its a kids thing when in reality its far from it. Teenagers and adults have been playing video games since day 1.

Most games/graphic novels have better stories, characterisation, themes and emotional tugging elements than the shit that Hollywood churns out for the masses.

Movies: the lowest common denominator in entertainment. Alan Moore is correct in his assessment.

edit: spelling

Edited by Erebus: 6/9/2011 05:11:42 PM
catbert
catbert
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Road rage in on the rise because of drivers being influenced by Mario Kart.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Computer games don't affect kids... I mean if Pac-Man affected people as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music...
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Heineken, I've always considered you to be the one we should worry about. Talking in detail about weapons and shit.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
Last night I touched the Xbox for the first time

Did it scream rape?

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

notorganic wrote:
Also, I love how Heineken derides people for playing games and having no social lives ON AN INTERNET FORUM THAT HE HAS UPWARDS OF 23,000 POSTS ON.

Ahhh but I have a girlfriend, so it all sorta balances itself out... :-"

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Heineken wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Did it scream rape?

I bet it had a red ring when he was done with it...
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Just played my xbox for the first time in 2 months.
Time for a new game me thinks
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

avy1990 wrote:
Talking in detail about weapons and shit.

Huh? :?

ducky42
ducky42
Pro

Heineken wrote:

[youtube]i75EdP9v25c[/youtube]
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend.

:-"

ducky42
ducky42
Pro

Heineken wrote:
ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:
ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

I thought this game worked out, you post as many clips as I do the word.

ducky42
ducky42
Pro

Heineken wrote:

Well that was the original plan, but you threw that system out the window with your last post. From now on, I will post that video once for every post you make containing 'that word'.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Well that was the original plan, but you threw that system out the window with your last post. From now on, I will post that video once for every post you make containing 'that word'.

ducky42
ducky42
Pro

Heineken wrote:

I am not a semi-solid edible substance with a generally fruity flavouring. I hope this clears up any confusion.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

I am not a semi-solid edible substance with a generally fruity flavouring. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Edited by Heineken: 6/9/2011 07:38:18 PM

ducky42
ducky42
Pro

Heineken wrote:
ducky42 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Despite not being able to view the image and only having the link to go on, I will say that irritation and jealously are two vastly different states.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Funky Munky wrote:
Heineken wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Did it scream rape?

I bet it had a red ring when he was done with it...

Not enough appreciation for this.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search