Transfers

Transfers

Author
JohnVanHalen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Quote:
Luiz Gustavo keen on Arsenal switch

Luiz Gustavo has admitted his days with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich are numbered amid increasing competition for places in midfield and said he would like to join Arsenal.

The Brazil international, who starred for his country in the recent Confederations Cup, is reported to be a target for the Gunners, who are believed to have tabled a €14 million offer for him.

Speaking in Basel prior to Brazil’s friendly against Switzerland, he said: “My contract with Bayern runs until 2015, but it is very important that I play first-team football to keep getting called up for the national team.

“I am in a delicate situation at Bayern, and this needs sorting out. I have personal and professional reasons to move. I have heard about the Arsenal interest. It’s a big club we’re talking about here, so of course I’d like to play for them.”

Having started only 16 games in the 2012-13 season after the arrival of Javi Martinez, Gustavo faces further competition for a place after the arrival of Thiago Alcantara from coach Pep Guardiola’s former club Barcelona.

While his understudy status did not matter much to Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari -- he started every match in the Confederations Cup -- he knows a lack of first-team appearances could jeopardise his place in the World Cup squad.

“You have to earn a Brazil call-up every week, and one can’t simply think past glories will guarantee a place,” he said.

“There are still a couple of weeks before the transfer window, but I need to keep working. He [Guardiola] has not spoken to me specifically about my situation but personally and professionally there are questions I need to address.”

Gustavo has also interested 2009 Bundesliga champions Wolfsburg, but indicated that he would be keener on a move to North London.

“Arsenal play a very attractive brand of football and are in the Champions League,” he added. “They also have a very clever manager in Arsene Wenger. Even when Bayern beat them in the last Champions League, you could see they are not pushovers.”

His Bayern colleague Dante, also called up for the Switzerland friendly, said he hoped the situation would soon be resolved. “Luiz is having a tough moment, and I hope things gets sorted out for him pretty soon,” he added. “He’s a friend but also a great player.”

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1520509/bayern-munich-luiz-gustavo-keen-arsenal-switch?cc=3436

Edited
8 Years Ago by JohnVanHalen
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Now to watch another player slip through Arsenal's fingers...
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
JohnVanHalen
JohnVanHalen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

:lol:
Edited
JohnVanHalen
JohnVanHalen
Semi-Pro

Luis Gustavo has agreed a move to Wolfsburg over Arsenal.
Edited
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

JohnVanHalen wrote:

Someone should probably tell Wolfsburg that :lol: They have denied they've signed him.
Edited
8 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
JohnVanHalen
JohnVanHalen
Semi-Pro

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
JohnVanHalen wrote:

Someone should probably tell Wolfsburg that :lol: They have denied they've signed him.

Lol maybe a case of another bullshit report. Wouldn't be the first this window lol.
Edited
Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Etienne Capoue has signed for Spurs. Not sure what the fee is, somewhere in the region of 8mil I think.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Vaughn2111
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

9m pound is the report.
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has confirmed Darren Bent is having a medical at Fulham with a view to a season-long loan.
Edited
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Bent and Berbatov. That's a very physical "we're going to spend the season lumping it long" type attack.
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Fukham confirm the signing of Darren Bent on a season long loan

Edited
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

sydcro wrote:
Fukham

:lol::lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
sydcro wrote:
Fukham

:lol::lol:

:lol: I remember noticing the typo just after I typed it and figured I'd fix it after putting the image in and completely forgot :lol: Feel like I should just leave it now
Edited
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Gustavo is official.
Edited
8 Years Ago by scouse_roar
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

scouse_roar wrote:
Gustavo is official.

afromanGT wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
JohnVanHalen
JohnVanHalen
Semi-Pro

afromanGT wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
Gustavo is official.

afromanGT wrote:

:) Next target please stand up.
Edited
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I didn't know Arsenal were the only club ever to miss out on a player. Silly me.

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 16/8/2013 10:38:42 PM
Edited
JohnVanHalen
JohnVanHalen
Semi-Pro

Lol to be fair we've missed out on every player we've targeted as well so I'll leave it at that.
Edited
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
I didn't know Arsenal were the only club ever to miss out on a player. Silly me.

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 16/8/2013 10:38:42 PM

Missing out on every player they've been linked to is pretty good value entertainment though. Especially with how adamant Arsenal and their fans were that they would be spending big this window.
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro

Liverpool have agreed to sign Ally Cissoko on a season loan, with the option to buy. Medical is next week.
Edited
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Vaughn2111 wrote:
Liverpool have agreed to sign Ally Cissoko on a season loan, with the option to buy. Medical is next week.

Can't complain about that. The lad's a decent talent and will give Enrique some real competition. Where does that leave Flanno and Robbo though?
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

A few rumours going around that Liverpool have struck a £25m deal for Willian.
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Southampton have signed hot-headed Roma forward Pablo Osvaldo on a 4 year deal
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Southampton have been doing some good business.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar_Brisbane
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Not quite sure what the fuck United are playing at with their bid for Fellaini and Baines.
Edited
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Not quite sure what the fuck United are playing at with their bid for Fellaini and Baines.

Fellaini's old release clause was 24m...better offer 18m. lolwut?
Edited
8 Years Ago by afromanGT
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

:lol: I know right
Edited
8 Years Ago by imnofreak
utd_19
utd_19
Hacker
Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)Hacker (482 reputation)

not quite sure what the fuck arsenal are playing at with their bid for cabaye. not to panic though, wenger will slap an extra dollar on top. maybe try 50cents first though, dont wana go too high too soon

Edited by utd_19: 20/8/2013 02:01:55 AM
Edited
8 Years Ago by utd_19
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

utd_19 wrote:
not quite sure what the fuck arsenal are playing at with their bid for cabaye. not to panic though, wenger will slap an extra dollar on top. maybe try 50cents first though, dont wana go too high too soon

Edited by utd_19: 20/8/2013 02:01:55 AM

:lol: 10m as an opening bid for Cabaye is reasonable imo. Not worth more than 15m I don't think, but we can stretch it to 20. 26m for both Fellaini AND Baines is just downright ridiculous :lol:

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 20/8/2013 09:48:15 AM
Edited
BusbyBabe
BusbyBabe
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
26m for both Fellaini AND Baines is just downright ridiculous :lol:

In what way? Too high or too low :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by BusbyBabe
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search