Basketball Thread

Basketball Thread

Author
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BETHFC wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Even as a GSW fan it's hard not to feel good for the city of Cleveland :lol:.

Been a long time coming.

How do you feel becoming the 1st team to lose from 3-1 up? :lol:

Meh :lol:
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

The excuses will come out from the dubs now...oh but we were fatigued from going for the best regular season record...

Eat shit
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

BETHFC wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Even as a GSW fan it's hard not to feel good for the city of Cleveland :lol:.

Been a long time coming.

How do you feel becoming the 1st team to lose from 3-1 up? :lol:

And does it feel to be on the other side of the Crying Jordan face? :lol:
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I just saw the replay of the game (without knowing the result).

Fucking awesome. Well done Cleveland!!

Shame Dellavedova didn't get a run but they'll all be fairly thrilled tonight, you'd imagine.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

SocaWho wrote:
The excuses will come out from the dubs now...oh but we were fatigued from going for the best regular season record...

Eat shit

Yeah except that's the other way around :lol: Most fans are telling Warriors fans that's why they lost and if they didn't go so hard for 73 they would have won, which is complete shit of course.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

After working out with the 76ers Ben Simmons has apparently been told they'll be taking him with the #1 pick.
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
After working out with the 76ers Ben Simmons has apparently been told they'll be taking him with the #1 pick.

It's better for him to go the 76ers...if he goes to LA they will expect a ring straight away.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So Ben Simmons as expected goes #1 and becomes the third Australian born #1 pick in the last 11 years. The real surprise though was Thon Maker going #10 to the Bucks, most mock drafts had him going the back end of the first round.

The Simmons pick also means Melbourne have had more #1 draft picks than any other city in the last 30 years. More than New York, LA and Chicago combined.
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
So Ben Simmons as expected goes #1 and becomes the third Australian born #1 pick in the last 11 years. The real surprise though was Thon Maker going #10 to the Bucks, most mock drafts had him going the back end of the first round.

The Simmons pick also means Melbourne have had more #1 draft picks than any other city in the last 30 years. More than New York, LA and Chicago combined.

Melbourne has been the hotbed for Oz basketball for quite some time now...the fact that they had 3 Nbl teams in the 90s reinforced this
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I gather Australia will have a fair bit of depth in specific positions soon.

But how about across the court. When you consider Delly, Mills, Simmons, Exum, Maker, etc.?
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class

quickflick wrote:
I gather Australia will have a fair bit of depth in specific positions soon.

But how about across the court. When you consider Delly, Mills, Simmons, Exum, Maker, etc.?

It used to be just the centre position that made up for most of the firepower nowadays it's all positions
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Boomers starting 5 for the next World Championships

Bogut-Simmons-Exum-Dellevdova-Mills
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class

Aljay wrote:
Boomers starting 5 for the next World Championships

Bogut-Simmons-Exum-Dellevdova-Mills

I have my doubts about Bogut...Im gonna call it now and say he will retire....
injuries have caught up to him....and he even contemplated retirement a few years ago...
his latest injury will only make it more likely....
Although he would be more handy off the bench for smaller minutes...
better to have Baynes at starting C
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
and Ben Simmons's celebration of being the number 1 nba pick has been tempered somewhat with the news of his cousin being taken out in a hit and run incident in New Jersey

Edited by condemned666: 26/6/2016 06:09:10 PM
quickflick
quickflick
World Class

Olgun Uluc, appearing on the Fox Sports website on 29 June, 2016 wrote:

World U17 Championships: Australia progress to quarter-finals in Zaragoza

THE Australian U17 Men’s team looked on the verge of being knocked out the FIBA U17 World Championships, but a stunning shooting display from Dragan Elkaz made sure the green and gold will be on show in the quarter-finals.

The shooting guard has a hint of Balkan blood, so it was only fitting that his best performance of the tournament came against a tough Bosnia and Herzegovina side.

Down 47-52 heading into the final period, Australia’s Elkaz had just eight points.

By the end of the game, the Sydney-native had a team-high 25 points, to go with his six three-pointers and eight rebounds, as the Australians pulled off the stunning comeback: a 75-72 victory.

Australia managed to pick up the important win, despite 34 points from Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Dzanan Musa, one of the tournament’s star players.

While the defensive effort on Musa was a difference-maker for Australia, it was the fourth quarter heroics from Elkaz that had the gym buzzing.

“I just wanted to carry my team. If they roll with it, then I roll with it; and we got out with a win,” Elkaz told foxsports.com.au after the win.

“If my team needs me to shoot, then I’m shooting it. All of my coaching staff wants me to shoot, so I gave it to them. I took my shots, they went in, and so I just rolled with it.”

With more than 50 college coaches in attendance – featuring the likes of Texas, Oregon, TCU, Drexel, Utah, and Hartford – along with a number of NBA scouts, Elkaz couldn’t have chosen a better time to erupt.

While the 16-year-old is only considered a mid-major talent, the coaches in the Utebo Arena seemed fixated on him; stunned by the Australian’s impressive quarter of basketball.

Elkaz put on a similar show in the fourth quarter of Australia’s tournament opener against Canada; the budding star slowly showing that his hot shooting streaks are no fluke.

“If that’s what it takes to get into college at a high level, then I’ll shoot the ball,” Elkaz said.

“It feels amazing. I’m representing my whole city, my metro team, and even New South Wales country as well. I feel very proud to be here representing my state, and also my country.”

Australia’s captain, Tom Fullarton, was tasked with guarding Musa, and while the Bosnian star finished with a game-high 34 points, the Queenslander held him to just 37.5 per cent from the field.

“Musa is a very good player,” Fullarton told foxsports.com.au. “I had to stay in front of him; he’s very hard to contain. He got me in foul trouble pretty early. Credit to him; he’s a great player on a great side, but we managed to get the job done.”

Fullarton has been Australia’s most impressive player throughout the tournament, but as the team’s leader, he was quick to heap praise on his hot-shooting teammate.

“He always manages to show up when he has to,” Fullarton said of Elkaz.

“He’s a great player, and a great shooter. I love having him on the side; love when he’s being aggressive. He showed up in that fourth quarter.”

Australia moves on to face hometown side Spain in the quarter-finals and if all goes to plan, a rematch against the United States may be in order.

The Aussies have had their ups and downs over the first week of tournament play, but they’re confident they can bring Australia’s U17 team back to a championship game; the country’s 2012 and 2014 teams both winning silver medals in this same tournament.

“If we play tough for 40 minutes, then we’ll make it all the way to the final,” Elkaz said. “No doubt about it.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/world-u17-championships-australia-progress-to-quarterfinals-in-zaragoza/news-story/e33dbd499b9dd8ae472e05f514ca3549

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So Friday will see half the NBA lose its fucking mind to try and sign Kevin Durant. Meanwhile LeBron is a free agent for the 3rd off season in a row, even though there's no possibility he leaves Cleveland.
SocaWho
SocaWho
World Class

Adelaide 36ers just signed US 18 year old Terrence Ross...this guy will destroy the Nbl .
Turned down playing college ball for Arizona and Alabama....those are big name colleges like Duke and Kentucky

Edited by Socawho: 1/7/2016 04:15:07 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by SocaWho
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

In Aussie free-agency news Delly signs a 4 year deal with the Bucks. So there's now two Aussies there with him and Maker.
Edited
8 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

:lol: #KDtoTheBay

Unfortunately it does mean Bogut will be traded.

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 5/7/2016 09:28:15 AM
Edited
8 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

edit-moved to social decay and sexuality thread

Edited by Condemned666: 22/7/2016 10:58:36 AM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Condemned666
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro

hey paulbags, this happened today for the game in cairns this afternoon

severe thunderstorm, blackout

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

The Finals have started! Anyone watching?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search