Season 2014/15 Membership thread

Season 2014/15 Membership thread

Author
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
TheSelectFew wrote:
Expecting NUJ to get past 10k. Slowly progressing despite the results. WD.

Actually, not soo confident myself. They haven't gotten off to the best start and the string of 'enforced' away games don't help that cause. If that keeps on, then by the time of their first home game, any remaining enthusiasm for team and it's promise this season may be somewhat more diminished, than if they were having their home game R1 or 2. That's just a practical fact, like any club who may get off to a losing/bad start.

BUT, not being a negative nancy - I think their present number is already still exceptional and pushing to 9k and beyond would be terrific, given all their issues off and on the field. Hopefully this team, which still has entertaining stars like Flores, Griffiths and co, can still give their long-suffering fans something to cheer for with a good purple patch this season. And, tbh, give a bit more appeal to potential suitors/buyers!
Edited
8 Years Ago by GloryPerth
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Wanderers 18,227. Thats about 1,300 more on the waiting list than last season.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Gyfox
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Edited
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

GloryPerth wrote:

It's really rather poor from Sydney tbh.
They have had a derby win and a win away since then. #maxedout
Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
zander
zander
Fan
Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)

looks like numbers have increased just short of a thousand, 110k looking highly unlikely.
Edited
8 Years Ago by zander
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

We had a good run :)

Edited
8 Years Ago by TheSelectFew
zoid
zoid
Weekender
Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)Weekender (31 reputation)

Good increase by Adelaide.

Mariners went backwards? wtf? refunds!
Edited
8 Years Ago by zoid
slbenfica82
slbenfica82
Hacker
Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)Hacker (391 reputation)

zoid wrote:

That's what happens when you have a knob like Charlesworth in charge!
He needs to keep his mouth shut and stop whinging, and work on building and growing his club.
Surely his antics have had an effect. Amost 10% down in membership from last year.

Edited
8 Years Ago by slbenfica82
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

zoid wrote:

Just saw that

Adelaide increased 500 members in a week!

I swear anyone that was at Hindmarsh last Sunday to watch the way we demolished Perth and was tossing up whether to purchase one or not would have signed on.

I haven't seen United play this good a football in the 10 years I've been attending

Post Adelaide Oval game too I guess still
Edited
8 Years Ago by Davide82
Schultzy
Schultzy
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Davide82 wrote:
zoid wrote:

Just saw that

Adelaide increased 500 members in a week!

I swear anyone that was at Hindmarsh last Sunday to watch the way we demolished Perth and was tossing up whether to purchase one or not would have signed on.

I haven't seen United play this good a football in the 10 years I've been attending

Post Adelaide Oval game too I guess still

I was mad there wasnt a game Monday. and then mad that we are away this week. Dont remember having so much fun watching football.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Schultzy
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Amazing isn't it

My sister made the comment as we sat there that she had never seen so many people smiling (even laughing at some of the brilliant passages) and so many bursts of sporadic applause at good play ever at Hindmarsh.

Started feeling it towards the end of last season but people are starting to believe. Adelaide fans will always be relatively cautious with getting carried away given our past failings but you can feel the mood in the stands is just different. I remember how toxic it was in the stands at the end of Rini's regime. I know what you mean, I just want to go to Hindmarsh tomorrow night!!!

Edit - it felt like a much bigger crowd than 11.5k...the corners were even full. Not sure if it was just the red seats but I could have sworn it was pushing 13k unless the grandstand above me was completely empty!!! Ends were pretty full, corners were full, people were standing behind all rows...I dunno, I was surprised when the crowd figure was read out that's for sure.

Edited by davide82: 30/10/2014 03:05:36 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Davide82
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Could Central Coast be an error?

Edited
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Davide82 wrote:
Amazing isn't it

My sister made the comment as we sat there that she had never seen so many people smiling (even laughing at some of the brilliant passages) and so many bursts of sporadic applause at good play ever at Hindmarsh.

Started feeling it towards the end of last season but people are starting to believe. Adelaide fans will always be relatively cautious with getting carried away given our past failings but you can feel the mood in the stands is just different. I remember how toxic it was in the stands at the end of Rini's regime. I know what you mean, I just want to go to Hindmarsh tomorrow night!!!

Edit - it felt like a much bigger crowd than 11.5k...the corners were even full. Not sure if it was just the red seats but I could have sworn it was pushing 13k unless the grandstand above me was completely empty!!! Ends were pretty full, corners were full, people were standing behind all rows...I dunno, I was surprised when the crowd figure was read out that's for sure.

Edited
8 Years Ago by scott21
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend

Davide82 wrote:
Amazing isn't it

That is soo awesome to hear. We look on with some degree of envy over here. How on Earth you ended up with Gombau, seemed a slightly tumultuous rigmarole in itself, though it involved an independent panel of football experts, including Craig Foster, who perused the applicants and ended up recommending Damian Mori (IIRC?!), so quit on principle, when AU didn't go with their recommendation. I'm not sure it that simple though, as I get the feeling that panel of experts not a complete waste of time, as I'm sure they had recommendations/feedback regarding Gombau's applicancy too.

Gombau, in the end, didn't have the most impressive senior resume, despite his impressive pedigree with Barca. He was still an relative unknown and the Spanish football style/culture still a largely untested element here. So surely Barca-fan Foster and co had some input here too, helping to inform AU's selection of him! In any case, your team somehow had an applicant like he AND appointed him.

Meanwhile over here, we 'employed' a third-party to peruse our 50 candidates or so and, yet, Lowe still made the final short-list and Glory were always biased towards re-appointing Lowe with both the circumstances and rhetoric. Whether Glory had a 'Gombau-like' candidate or not, we'll never know it seems, but even if so, I think, IIRC, Sage/Brewer made mention that they weren't keen on breaking the bank and that actually ruled out atleast one of the overseas candidates.

How much Gombau costs, do we know? But I doubt he's breaking AU's bank and he certainly seems the ROI, too!
Edited
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:

zoid wrote:

Yeah, that's all I can think of, or cancellations or... I think some have mentioned in the past numbers being up, then receding - including via some of those website tickers, like Hearts' at one stage, last season (Like TheSelectFew suggests)?! :-k

I think the refund/cancellation explanation could be on - it was a demoralising loss and poor performance, losing at home to the least and most unfancied of the away teams, in Phoenix. Not that these are that valid an 'excuses' but may explain some fickle fans. Overall, their memberships still up and the team can still deliver this season - they're far from the only notable team of recent past to have a faltering start this season and still plenty of time to turn it around.

Edited by GloryPerth: 31/10/2014 05:22:57 AM
Edited
Song
Song
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)Semi-Pro (1,000 reputation)

Jets over 9k. Imagine if we had a successful team...
Edited
8 Years Ago by Song
Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Song wrote:
Jets over 9k. Imagine if we had a successful team...

I remember the days of Newcastle being one of the bigger drawing clubs.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Tom AUFC
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

GloryPerth wrote:
Davide82 wrote:
Amazing isn't it

That is soo awesome to hear. We look on with some degree of envy over here. How on Earth you ended up with Gombau, seemed a slightly tumultuous rigmarole in itself, though it involved an independent panel of football experts, including Craig Foster, who perused the applicants and ended up recommending Damian Mori (IIRC?!), so quit on principle, when AU didn't go with their recommendation. I'm not sure it that simple though, as I get the feeling that panel of experts not a complete waste of time, as I'm sure they had recommendations/feedback regarding Gombau's applicancy too.

Gombau, in the end, didn't have the most impressive senior resume, despite his impressive pedigree with Barca. He was still an relative unknown and the Spanish football style/culture still a largely untested element here. So surely Barca-fan Foster and co had some input here too, helping to inform AU's selection of him! In any case, your team somehow had an applicant like he AND appointed him.

Meanwhile over here, we 'employed' a third-party to peruse our 50 candidates or so and, yet, Lowe still made the final short-list and Glory were always biased towards re-appointing Lowe with both the circumstances and rhetoric. Whether Glory had a 'Gombau-like' candidate or not, we'll never know it seems, but even if so, I think, IIRC, Sage/Brewer made mention that they weren't keen on breaking the bank and that actually ruled out atleast one of the overseas candidates.

How much Gombau costs, do we know? But I doubt he's breaking AU's bank and he certainly seems the ROI, too!

If I owned a new team or a struggling team ,my first phone call would be to Gumby for recommendations.
Imagine the HAL if PG and NJ had similar coaching talent to Gumby.
Edited
8 Years Ago by crimsoncrusoe
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

GloryPerth wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

zoid wrote:

Yeah, that's all I can think of, or cancellations or... I think some have mentioned in the past numbers being up, then receding - including via some of those website tickers, like Hearts' at one stage, last season (Like TheSelectFew suggests)?! :-k

I think the refund/cancellation explanation could be on - it was a demoralising loss and poor performance, losing at home to the least and most unfancied of the away teams, in Phoenix. Not that these are that valid an 'excuses' but may explain some fickle fans. Overall, their memberships still up and the team can still deliver this season - they're far from the only notable team of recent past to have a faltering start this season and still plenty of time to turn it around.

Edited by GloryPerth: 31/10/2014 05:22:57 AM

I can't believe they went down in such large numbers. Hoping its just an error.

Edited by TheSelectFew: 31/10/2014 05:12:15 PM

Edited
Midfielder
Midfielder
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Mariners up again.. total 105, 418 ... from ... www.a-league.com.au/#lAMARlvsldC6Dq2D.99

Adel. United 7,878 Join
Brisbane Roar 11,688 Join
CC Mariners 5,513 Join
Melb. City 10,212 Join
Melb. Victory 23,019 Join
Newcastle Jets 8,793 Join
Perth Glory 5,238 Join
Sydney FC 11,090 Join
Wel. Phoenix 3,771 Join
WS Wanderers 18,216 Join

Edited
8 Years Ago by Midfielder
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

As if Newcastle are near 9k, cracking effort. Proper football town, that.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Victory>Heart
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

Big jump in Wanderers total today. 18,706.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Gyfox
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Victory>Heart wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by Blackmac79
Multibet
Multibet
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Gyfox wrote:
Big jump in Wanderers total today. 18,706.

Let me guess WSW are now worthy of all these Euro Snobs.......:lol: :lol:
Edited
8 Years Ago by Multibet
pv4
pv4
Legend

Group: Moderators
Victory>Heart wrote:

To be fair, we have what I'm led to believe to be the cheapest memberships in the league.
Edited
8 Years Ago by pv4
Tambo
Tambo
Hacker
Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)Hacker (400 reputation)

Hoping the jump in wanderers numbers isn't just the acl memberships... (As they would mainly be existing members wanting the memorabilia..
Edited
8 Years Ago by Tambo
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Victory: 23,206 via the matchday program
Edited
8 Years Ago by Victory>Heart
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Victory>Heart wrote:
Victory: 23,206 via the matchday program

Unstoppable.

Edited
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Club Total 14/15 Total 13/14 (as of Rd 27)

Adelaide United: 7,878 (6,415)(122.81%)
Brisbane Roar: 11,688 (8,112)(144.08%)
Central Coast Mariners: 5,513 (5,960) (92.50%)
Melbourne City: 10,318 (7,307) (141.21%)
Melbourne Victory: 23,416 (22,021) (106.33%)
Newcastle Jets: 9,103 (10,115) (90.00%)
Perth Glory : 5,238 ( 5,000)(104.76%)
Sydney FC: 11,090 (10,841)(102.30%)
Wellington Phoenix: 3,771 ( 3,500)(107.74%)
WSW: 18,706 (16,904)(110.66%)

Total = 106,721

New A-league Membership Record!!!

Total as of 11/10/2013 = 86,352
Total as of 1/4/2014 = 96,175

http://www.sydneyfc.com/
http://membership.melbournecityfc.com.au/
http://wanderers.memberhq.com.au/
http://www.membership.newcastlejets.com.au/
http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/
http://www.a-league.com.au/[/quote]

Edited by Davo1985: 5/11/2014 12:28:24 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Davo1985
Davo1985
Davo1985
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

So we've hit growth levels of greater than 10% which is great to see. A very sustainable rate. If we can grow again next year at around 10% we'll almost average 12k members per club.

Not expecting any more major movements this season. We should hit 107k but doubt we'll go much further considering the season is well under way and other than Newcastle, not many others will be buying full season memberships having already played 2 home games.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Davo1985
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search