Socceroos Active Support

Socceroos Active Support

Author
LK
Super Fan
Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hey guys,

I am one of the admins from a new concept page based on improving the support of the Socceroos and our other national football teams, just wondering if you guys can give this a bit of support and share it with your friends please....

Cheers

SOCCEROOS ACTIVE SUPPORT
For Australia, by the Fans

FB: www.facebook.com/socceroosactivesupport
Twitter: @socceroosactive

A fully transparent, independent, Australia-wide concept by the fans for the consistent and continuous improvement of Active Support at all Australian National Team/s football matches. We are in no way connected to the FFA.

The page has been set up to further the communication between fans all over Australia (And the world) in an open, honest, healthy and productive manner.

We ask people to be courteous and keep posts relevant and to the point. We welcome debate and discussion on relevant issues regarding our national teams, but post subjects will be kept predominately to the Active Support side of things.

This page is run by volunteers from all over Australia. We are not here to be abused.

If you're the kind of person who wears your Green and Gold with pride and puts in the best effort you can into supporting the National Teams. Then we want you!

Feel Free to post, comment, post photos, videos.... We want your input!

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

More Mexican Waves, Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie OI OI OI, and Beachballs plz

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I wish you luck.
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Good luck with your endeavours.

Said during the Asian Cup that we should take a leaf out of the Iran supporters. Simple, yet effective. And without the cringe.
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

One of the most challenging tasks left in Aus football. The most important aspects are to keep it organic. Any FFA involvement is the beginning of the end. The active areas if you have any need to be more relaxed. IT HAS TO BE GENERAL ADMISSION. The stewards still get in those areas and tell you flags down, sit down or your in the wrong seat. FFS.

No mexican waves, no bogan fanatics, no mexican waves and definitely no Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi. Keep the chants simple and snappy. Good luck, going to need it.

FulofGladbach
FulofGladbach
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Just stop Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie and Mexican waves pls
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
I wish you luck.

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Active Support for the Australian National Team will never be as good as club level for many reasons.

Active support club level in Australia is all for image, show, and who can upload a photo on FB or Instagram and brag about it for days on end. You just need to see Ultras Mentality Australia FB page for proof. These people have no hesitation jumping club to club, using the example of ex-Sydney fc fans (former active members too mind you) and now proud WSW/RBB members, because they are geographically “closer to home”. It’s these same people that do not have the love, the passion to support the Australian National team at the highest level. You ask me why, because they have nothing to gain from it. it’s not cool. Mexican waves are not cool, singing aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi is not cool, but rather embarrassing.

Another problem is Australia is too big geographically, active members would be lucky to do a few away trips a year I take it? Why would they to go through the financial hassle of watching Australia be wherever interstate, if they do not care, nor have the passion… they would rather buy the latest clobber to show off.

Can you really see a NT, RBB or Cove member standing side by side without their complexes getting in the way? I can’t.

That is just my 2 cents, and I am not painting everyone with the same brush, cause there are people that can do both, but that is a very small minority.

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

libel wrote:
Good luck with your endeavours.

Said during the Asian Cup that we should take a leaf out of the Iran supporters. Simple, yet effective. And without the cringe.

I went to an Iran match and must agree. They were great. They did join the Mexican wave however but I don't mind the wave as it does add to the combined participation of the crowd, unlike those who chant oi, oi, oi like it's coming from a swimming carnival.

In a resort somewhere

Colin
Colin
Rising Star
Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)Rising Star (817 reputation)

FulofGladbach wrote:

I think a few renditions of "Tits out for the Boys" would go down really well
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Colin wrote:
FulofGladbach wrote:

I think a few renditions of "Tits out for the Boys" would go down really well

Call & Response of "TITS OUT FOR THE BOYS" & "STUFF TITS, SHOW US YA CLIT".

eldorado
eldorado
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

We need to wave rubber chickens in the air! Pronto! It will be semi-unique!

No rugger tops! No one who even likes rugby allowed in to games! No one who likes AFL allowed in! Just us genuine kulcha football fans!

Kill those who say Aussie Aussie Aussie! The preferred chant will be Oz Football Oz Football Oz Football Si! Si! Si! (they say Si in Madrid, who have kulcha)

More teenagers with heaps of product in their thick black hair! A priority!

I shall not rest until these important changes are implemented! It is vital for the future of football in this country!
SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

eldorado wrote:
More teenagers with heaps of product in their thick black hair! A priority!

Blokes with ponytails to be banned!
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Good luck, I hope it works out!
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Needs more CCM Brass Band
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Or Perf Glory cheerleaders

In a resort somewhere

Bimbi
Bimbi
Hacker
Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)Hacker (362 reputation)

Couple of points
1. I thought the name terrace australis was excellent....should continue
2. Don't try to make it too complicated...it's not a club team you see every fortnight so keep it simple
3. As a Socceroo supporter of over 5 decades I can safely say I've heard and seen it all so anything new should be spontaneous
4 get rid of the Union Jack from the flag...should be discarded with the oi oi oi
jdbbshdvjksb
jdbbshdvjksb
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Quote:
A fully transparent, independent, Australia-wide concept by the fans for the consistent and continuous improvement of Active Support at all Australian National Team/s football matches. We are in no way connected to the FFA.

1. Get Permission from the FFA to come on their property and do whatever you feel like.

Pretty sure you're not gonna get past point 1
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Personally, I think chants in Australia lack so badly because there really aren't any 'player specific' chants.
SFC's old Mark Rudan one was fantastic. The Archie one is average at best, but it's not that hard to just pick a catchy song/tune and much around with it until you pull out a great chant. I come up with them weekly, just watch games on TV.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Eastern Glory wrote:
Personally, I think chants in Australia lack so badly because there really aren't any 'player specific' chants.
SFC's old Mark Rudan one was fantastic. The Archie one is average at best, but it's not that hard to just pick a catchy song/tune and much around with it until you pull out a great chant. I come up with them weekly, just watch games on TV.

This so much.

How hard would it be to adapt this to Juric? (answer: not hard)

[youtube]squcHlQstEE[/youtube]

-PB

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

archie thompson beats his wife
na nana na na na
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Good luck bud
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Blackmac79 wrote:
archie thompson beats his wife
na nana na na na

Missing a syllable on the first sentence.

Shame on you.

-PB

tsf
tsf
Legend

Eastern Glory wrote:
Personally, I think chants in Australia lack so badly because there really aren't any 'player specific' chants. .

The Seb Ryall one is fantastic.
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

tsf wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:
Personally, I think chants in Australia lack so badly because there really aren't any 'player specific' chants. .

You're not wrong :lol:
But we need more like that! newbies should leave games knowing player's names!
tsf
tsf
Legend

Eastern Glory wrote:
tsf wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

Chelsea at Arsenal to the tune of volare:

Vieira whoooaaaaaao
Vieira whoooaaaa
He comes from Senegal
His mums a cannibal

LK
LK
Super Fan
Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)

Thanks for you support guys.....

It will be a tough challenge as its a massive education process for a lot of folk....

We will NEVER get Socceroos support to the level of decent club support for a number of reasons-

- People are from different areas
- We aren't together often enough to "practise" on a regular basis
- Seats, stadiums are different every game
- Organisation is much more difficult

What we can do is -

- Educate people about what the home end wants and needs from punters on game day
- Close the gap between everyone to become more tight-knit in our way of support (ie Get as many people as we can all on the same page)
- Lead by example

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Eastern Glory wrote:
tsf wrote:
Eastern Glory wrote:

SEB RYALL FUCKED THE TARDS AT ETIHAD, OLE OLE OLE!!

tsf
tsf
Legend

Yeah by letting finkler ghost in and score the winner in the last minute of the finals last year.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search