NPL Style of play

NPL Style of play

Author
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Of the Npl teams in your state are there any differences in style of play ie possession based.

I have watched them all in Queensland and would say that each teams consistency of style is very scattered at best.
Would have to say that Brisbane city seem to be (over the last 6 weeks only ) determined to play out and maintain possession looks like results are beginning to show but will need to watch them next season. Watched Olympic recently and i know they have dropped in form but in truth they are playing very badly in deed most of the players don't seem to want to be on the field.

what about other states any stand outs? possession based?
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Just adding
I am watching [youtube]D1QJfjT4tuY[/youtube]

and was thinking how much the NPL is mimicking the old NSL
Blackmissionary
Blackmissionary
Hacker
Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)

Mimicking the NSL in what way?
krones3
krones3
Pro

Blackmissionary wrote:

Actually i may have been a bit unfair there. I think there may have been a bit more variety of styles back in the NSL days.
But the pitches and facilities don't look anymore professional to be honest.
except South Melbourne ofcourse
A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Wolves play out of a pretty schmick stadium
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

APIA on synthetic now, place looks and plays heaps better ofcourse.
Not that I'm that much in favour that surface but hard and expensive keeping a turf pitch in top order.

I don't think playing like nsl days, tactics have improved alot imo.
Alot of hoof ball back in the day for some, not as much now.
Depends on the day as well.

Edited by M.L.: 17/8/2015 04:08:56 PM

Love Football

Blackmissionary
Blackmissionary
Hacker
Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)

krones3 wrote:
Blackmissionary wrote:

Actually i may have been a bit unfair there. I think there may have been a bit more variety of styles back in the NSL days.

Yes, there was a lot of variety of play back in the NSL days. That was because there was a diversity of footballing cultures, and different clubs also had different cultural expectations of how they wanted their teams to play.

As for the facilities, since most teams in this country don't own their own facilities, good luck convincing councils to upgrade them.

Edited by blackmissionary: 18/8/2015 09:11:03 AM
A16Man
A16Man
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Blackmissionary wrote:
krones3 wrote:
Blackmissionary wrote:

Yes, there was a lot of variety of play back in the NSL days. That was because there was a diversity of footballing cultures, and different clubs also had different cultural expectations of how they wanted their teams to play.

As for the facilities, since most teams in this country don't own their own facilities, good luck convincing councils to upgrade them.

Edited by blackmissionary: 18/8/2015 09:11:03 AM

Exactly. Something that seems to be generally overlooked.
Cromulent
Cromulent
Rising Star
Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)Rising Star (820 reputation)

krones3 wrote:
Blackmissionary wrote:

If you have a look at any videos showing Port Melbourne's pitch earlier in the season, it actually looks completely different. That game was Round 23 so it's had a full season of games (seniors & u20s, not sure if any other sides play on the main pitch) plus a couple of extra games from FFA Cup & MV Youth playing there, as well as training for the senior side + MV Youth team training all year.
[youtube]RLZKzFwEWBI[/youtube]

Edited by Cromulent: 19/8/2015 08:46:58 AM
krones3
krones3
Pro

How and who would analyze the style and standard of play across the NPL?
It is surly needed to take the league to the next level. Is it not?
Blackmissionary
Blackmissionary
Hacker

krones3 wrote:

Isn't that the job of the state and FFA technical directors?
krones3
krones3
Pro

Blackmissionary wrote:
krones3 wrote:

Isn't that the job of the state and FFA technical directors?

well i guess so, but i was thinking more a media person who will give us a more complete and independent opinion.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search