FFA Luke Casserly's Olyroos and Youth Development chat on SBS

FFA Luke Casserly's Olyroos and Youth Development chat on SBS

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I added it in the Aus Football thread but i'll put it here instead, thoughts?

Part 1:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/637455427625/Luke-Casserlys-Olyroos-chat-Part-1

Part 2:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/637455427626/Luke-Casserlys-Olyroos-chat-Part-2

Part 3:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/637455427628/Luke-Casserlys-Olyroos-chat-Part-3

Edited by Barca4life: 6/3/2016 11:08:57 AM
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Great stuff, Barca.

This is where these videos should've been posted.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

I've just had a look at the first video in full, Barca.

It elucidates quite a lot of information that was previously nebulous, even for coaches like me who've been in the system - albeit at the bottom of it. I'm constantly asking FFA staff coaches this sort information, which sometimes seems to irritate them. This is possibly because they are not quite clear themselves.

Lucy Zelic also asked a very good question about why Aurelio 's team was allowed to play like they did. The answer was that it is up to individual coaches to have the autonomy to play within a style that is still is part of the FFA NC.

SBS deserves credit for this interview. FFA hasn't disseminated this message to coaches as well as they could. These interviews with Luke Casserley have demystified issues. People like Fozzie who is in the system, knows what many don't know, including himself, so the questions he poses to Casserley are well thought out.

Thanks for posting this, Barca.

It is one of the best things I've seen on the internet about football and demystifies a lot of things that FFA hasn't been communicated as well as they could to the broader community. This year's FFA Regional Conference was a welcome improvement.

Edited by Decentric: 31/3/2016 10:44:57 AM
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Decentric wrote:
I've just had a look at the first video in full, Barca.

It elucidates quite a lot of information that was previously nebulous, even for coaches like me who've been in the system- albeit at the bottom of it. I'm constantly asking FFA staff coaches this sort information, which sometimes seems to irritate them. This is possibly because they are not quite clear themselves.

Lucy Zelic also asked a very good question about why Aurelio 's team was allowed to play like they did. The answer was that it is up to individual coaches have the autonomy to play within a style that is still is part of the FFA NC.

SBS deserves credit for this interview. FFA hasn't disseminated this message to coaches as well as they could. These interviews with Luke Casserley has demystified issues. People like Fozzie who is in the system, knows what many don't know, including himself, so the questions he poses to Casserley are well thought out.

Thanks for posting this, Barca.

It is one of the best things I've seen on the internet about football and demystifies a lot of things that FFA hasn't communicated as well as they could to the broader community. This year's FFA Regional Conference was a welcome improvement.

No problem Decentric, its great that the FFA and SBS have done this, no doubt it has answered most of the questions we have asked.

I hope they should do something similar with Eric Abrams i don't think we have heard from him since he's been in the country, i'm keen to know his plans and thoughts.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Having seen all three of the videos, I think this is definitely one of the best interviews and discussion I've ever seen on football in Australia.

Great credit to Fozzie, Casserley, Zelic, and whoever the director/producer is.

Edited by Decentric: 5/4/2016 07:25:17 AM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Will have a look in a second.

juniorcoach
juniorcoach
Fan
Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)

Cant get these vids to work?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

juniorcoach wrote:
Cant get these vids to work?

Had them working last night.

Just tried a few seconds ago and they wouldn't load.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Worked a few minutes ago.
juniorcoach
juniorcoach
Fan
Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)Fan (57 reputation)

No worries thanks
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
These videos certainly provide a lot of information from FFA. There are some good questions posed in the interview.
krones3
krones3
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Look to go forward / yes but maintain possession is paramount back pass to the keep rather than lose the ball.
Coaches with licenses but no idea of how to play football.
why was vidmar not got rid off last campaign if he failed to introduce the new system?
why keep vidmar and not support successful NPL coaches who have proven records.

seems to me there are too many vidmars in the system all the way through, i cant see how football can advance in Australia carrying (paying ) all this proven dead wood right down to the zone level. JMO

Edited by krones3: 25/4/2016 05:20:25 PM

Edited by krones3: 25/4/2016 05:24:45 PM

Edited by krones3: 25/4/2016 05:27:49 PM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search