god make it end

god make it end

Author
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 15 May 2024 2:53 PM
NicCarBel - 15 May 2024 2:31 PM

cheers mate, yer I know of the water polo, infact they are beasts at it known winning Club.
and this bloke owns it
The club is owned by Genovese businessman Gabriele Volpi, who also owns football club Spezia, competing in Serie A

When we were in Recco last trip we ate this cool taverna and saw heaps of water polo memoribilia around the place, a ex local known player owns it.
Got to say great mangiare and vino !

Yep looks like they've been very successful in the pool.

As for the football, last record I found of them was the 16/17 Serie D. Very possible they've gone bust and languishing in the lower leagues as a phoenix club (which happens quite a lot).

Catania is weird, I guess it's the full provincial team, since both my parents villages fall under that - but they do have little village teams. Dad's side is a youth side only that acts as an academy branch for Catania FC now, and on my mother's side, they were supposed to be in Serie D last season (22-23) alongside Catania, but went bust, and the phoenix club just won the 7th division league.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

NicCarBel - 15 May 2024 2:31 PM
LFC. - 15 May 2024 2:01 PM

I found the water polo team if that helps.....

cheers mate, yer I know of the water polo, infact they are beasts at it known winning Club.
and this bloke owns it
The club is owned by Genovese businessman Gabriele Volpi, who also owns football club Spezia, competing in Serie A

When we were in Recco last trip we ate this cool taverna and saw heaps of water polo memoribilia around the place, a ex local known player owns it.
Got to say great mangiare and vino !

Love Football

Edited
3 days ago @ 2:55 PM by LFC.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

LFC. - 15 May 2024 2:01 PM
My poppa is from Fiume, Triestina region, now in Croatia, hence that Dukes interview link posted elsewhere always has my interest.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Fiume-question
Therefore I see Triestina in there NCB, forza !
That club was established in 1918 !
Therefore I re checked Mum's ol town, Recco, down the road from Genoa obviously in SerieA.
I see Sporting Recco but not much on them or history but results.
Can't see which league they play in.

Great info NCB I'll keep looking with interest.

I found the water polo team if that helps.....
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

My poppa is from Fiume, Triestina region, now Rieka Croatia, hence that Dukes interview link posted elsewhere always has my interest.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Fiume-question
Therefore I see Triestina in there NCB, forza !
That club was established in 1918 !
Therefore I re checked Mum's ol town, Recco, down the road from Genoa obviously in SerieA.
I see Sporting Recco but not much on them or history but results.
Can't see which league they play in.

Great info NCB I'll keep looking with interest.

Love Football

Edited
3 days ago @ 2:30 PM by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

NicCarBel - 15 May 2024 10:19 AM
The national phase of the Serie C playoffs have begun (Final 13 teams - with byes for the 3x second placed teams to the second round which will mark the quarter finals).
These matches all now held over two legs with no away goals, with the home team for the second leg in the first two rounds the winner in the event of an aggregate draw, but extra time and penalties if necessary for the Final Four and Playoff Final.

First Round

Second Round

Assuming the seeded teams win the first round, Carrarese will be the "Best First Round Winners" (as it is based off ladder position + better record over the year, etc), meaning Catania would play against either Padova, Torres, Avellino or Carrarese - and I'm afraid that's where their season would probably end.

FORZA CATANIA my friend... keep us posted :) 

Total random fact for the day, Avellino was the fist ever Italian club to sign a Greek player in the mid 80s. Nickos Anastopoulos... I remember them flying Green and White Greek flags during their games...  which would have pissed off Anasta as he was an Olympiacos player and would have seen these same flags against him in Athens. lol
Edited
3 days ago @ 12:02 PM by Monoethnic Social Club
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

The national phase of the Serie C playoffs have begun (Final 13 teams - with byes for the 3x second placed teams to the second round which will mark the quarter finals).
These matches all now held over two legs with no away goals, with the home team for the second leg in the first two rounds the winner in the event of an aggregate draw, but extra time and penalties if necessary for the Final Four and Playoff Final.

First Round

Second Round

Assuming the seeded teams win the first round, Carrarese will be the "Best First Round Winners" (as it is based off ladder position + better record over the year, etc), meaning Catania would play against either Padova, Torres, Avellino or Carrarese - and I'm afraid that's where their season would probably end.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

robbos - 13 May 2024 7:13 PM
LFC. - 13 May 2024 4:41 PM

Understand what you are saying, I've done a lot of travelling around Australia since Covid, lots of great places & lots of culture & history, just not taught at school.

have done heaps of Oz touring and will always - many people prefer going OS due to cost comparisons.
Lifestyle catergry has increased huge post covid, been great business for many I know in the game.
School has more interest teaching left wing issues, nonbinary terms and other red tape BS that is more important :)

Love Football

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

LFC. - 13 May 2024 4:41 PM
robbos - 13 May 2024 3:43 PM

Look, everywhere has its negatives/positives as we all know.
I luv alot about here but I'm sick of alot as well.
I/we luv our roots even though I'm born here wife not (you know from where) but we luv the euro outlook lifestyle + passions.
Yep its crowded in summers no diff to here but like here you can find your spots/hideaways away from it all.
Yep I'm in EU every year at varied times incl ME/Asia and USA.
I'm sick of the whinging here, they don't know how good they have it and the OTT red tape/amongst the other BS this country is going.
I'm looking forward in the near future to stay over there for 3mths at time if things fall into place.

Understand what you are saying, I've done a lot of travelling around Australia since Covid, lots of great places & lots of culture & history, just not taught at school.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

robbos - 13 May 2024 3:43 PM
LFC. - 13 May 2024 10:54 AM

Why would you want to leave these shores?

Have you been to Europe lately, so many people.

Look, everywhere has its negatives/positives as we all know.
I luv alot about here but I'm sick of alot as well.
I/we luv our roots even though I'm born here wife not (you know from where) but we luv the euro outlook lifestyle + passions.
Yep its crowded in summers no diff to here but like here you can find your spots/hideaways away from it all.
Yep I'm in EU every year at varied times incl ME/Asia and USA.
I'm sick of the whinging here, they don't know how good they have it and the OTT red tape/amongst the other BS this country is going.
I'm looking forward in the near future to stay over there for 3mths at time if things fall into place.

Love Football

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 May 2024 12:59 PM

yep, I'd luv to pack up and leave these shores if it wasn't for the kids.
I know my wife would happily move as well but grankids will run our lives, patience yer, I really can't see it for a long time.

Why would you want to leave these shores?

Have you been to Europe lately, so many people.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I know my wife would happily move as well but grankids will run our lives, patience yer, I really can't see it for a long time.

I know exactly what you mean.... our kids are still high school but the plan is 6 months here 6 months there  ... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

LFC. - 6 May 2024 9:31 AM

At the end of EVERY football season we are flooded by feel good "little club gets promotion after X years"  stories from overseas.... pffft it will NEVER happen here while the cartel still exists..... have patience.

Love Football

numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 6 May 2024 9:31 AM
well as we know Ipswich have made it back to the top flight after 22yrs so thats corrected the $$$ ledger.
I'm amazed what a storey gaining promo twice thats no mean feat.
It is estimated that promotion from the Championship to the Premier League is worth around $210 million to each club over a three-season period.

A couple of my footballing team mates are ex local Leeds and Saints devotees, gonna be on like mad come the play offs.

Here's another good lower league storey for youse - luv this stuff.
Cittadella, The Tiny Italian Soccer Team That Unsettled Thierry Henry (forbes.com)

At the end of EVERY football season we are flooded by feel good "little club gets promotion after X years"  stories from overseas.... pffft it will NEVER happen here while the cartel still exists..... have patience.
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

numklpkgulftumch - 1 May 2024 9:44 AM
numklpkgulftumch - 29 Apr 2024 11:35 AM

Blackburn only need a point but they are away to Leicester, celebrating the Title and aiming for 100 points

Sheffield also only need a point but are away to Sunderland

Plymouth & Birmingham both at Home

Birmingham won their game which meant they just needed one of the other 3 to lose

Unfortunately everyone else won as well

Note Sheffield taking 14 points from the last 6 games to escape

Edited
Last Week by numklpkgulftumch
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well as we know Ipswich have made it back to the top flight after 22yrs so thats corrected the $$$ ledger.
I'm amazed what a storey gaining promo twice thats no mean feat.
It is estimated that promotion from the Championship to the Premier League is worth around $210 million to each club over a three-season period.

A couple of my footballing team mates are ex local Leeds and Saints devotees, gonna be on like mad come the play offs.

Here's another good lower league storey for youse - luv this stuff.
Cittadella, The Tiny Italian Soccer Team That Unsettled Thierry Henry (forbes.com)

Love Football

numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

bohemia - 1 May 2024 6:58 PM

Ipswich finished league 1 behind title winners Plymouth last year.

One of them sure af kicked on...

Looks like Plymouth just had a great run and have since concentrated on paying off Loans and Mortgages

Ipswich though have rolled the dice, should've won League 1 easily,

but it looks like it's paying off

Lost 34 million quid in the previous 2 years, but have now sold 40% for 105 million

Will be interesting what they do if they don't go up this year
Edited
2 Weeks Ago by numklpkgulftumch
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

numklpkgulftumch - 22 Apr 2024 10:24 AM

Stoke & QPR get safe
Huddersfield down

Squeaky-bum-time for the other 4

Ipswich finished league 1 behind title winners Plymouth last year.

One of them sure af kicked on...
Edited
Last Week by bohemia
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 12:51 PM

Has the EFL considered what may happen to English football's geographic spread if Plymouth get relegated? What the hell is gojng to happen to football in Devon? Sheeesh these people just dont get it.... 

Torquay just gone into Administration as well, it's the end of the World
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Blackburn only need a point but they are away to Leicester, celebrating the Title and aiming for 100 points

Has the EFL considered what may happen to English football's geographic spread if Plymouth get relegated? What the hell is gojng to happen to football in Devon? Sheeesh these people just dont get it.... 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

Stoke & QPR get safe
Huddersfield down

Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star
Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 May 2023 3:38 PM
Enzo Bearzot - 15 May 2023 2:02 PM

Yeah thats great Enzo Im sure the APL and the Lowys before them have profited handsomely on their investment.. 
Sorry i missed the part in the Japanese Football's review of the last 30 years where they speak about revenue, ticket sales and sponsorship? All I read from their statement is pride in having Japanese national footballers playing in good overseas leagues, a national team that is respected on the world stage and a thriving football pyramid providing aspirational and inspirational football to all clubs and communities in the country.

J - league started, 30 years ago with existing basket case clubs, mainly owned by conglomerates or local prefectures and have, in 30 years, developed a football system that has helped them develop into, what I would regard, a serious football nation. Despite football NOT being the most popular sport, despite Japanese players NOT being considered as physically gifted as those from Sth America and Europe and despite not having vast amounts of revenue OR  huge storied clubs...

We are talking about two different outcomes and I suspect we always will be. Some want MLS lite, others see J-League and sigh and wonder "what if"?

Who cares??!!!!

We had it easy back 2013-7 when there were 10 teams and 40 million a year in tv rights was brought in , not to mention a Friday night game on SBS.

I miss those days....

But yeah you lot think that rich people sinking money in unprofitable clubs is the way to go. LoL.

But it's all the AFL and NRL and UFC fault lol
Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star
Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)Rising Star (872 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 17 May 2023 10:55 AM
Enzo Bearzot - 16 May 2023 5:13 PM

quit??? heheh whatever mate, the APL are no different in their mentality to the Lowy Ponzi scheme... Different head, same fishy smell :)

Truth is that the ONLY obstacle to Australia having a successful football pyramid is the insistence of the *cough *cough "professional" clubs to be financially protected and rewarded for the stupidity and ignorance of "mainstream" consumers. 

We CAN have it tomorrow. Yes many clubs will go to the wall, yes many clubs will struggle to get 10 fans and a dog to their games, yes the financial "reward" from sponsors and broadcaster may not be there but it CAN happen... and it WILL provide benefits to our performance both locally and internationally.
 If nothing else, the struggles of 99% of football leagues all around the world proves the concept. Strong clubs prosper, weaker clubs are punished, ambitious clubs have a reason to be ambitious. From Milan, to London to Timbuktu and Tokyo. There are clubs that survive on the smell of an oily rag but still persist because that wonderful concept of sporting merit drives them to seek glory.... If we fail in getting this NST up and running soon I think we have done our dash as a football nation.... 

The age old "fight" is between making money and having a good environment for football to develop.... I 100% understand why "investors" would want the former but cant really understand why many so called football fans wouldn't want the later?

So many dumb people on here. You are not gonna have 10 billionaires pissing money on A-league mens clubs for the sake of it or for "passion" 

Having Clive Palmer Own gold coast United proves having a billionaire running an A-league club doesn't guarantee anything.

You are not gonna have a random rich person pump 10 million a year to western United if they are getting 2,000 people at home games.

Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star

Monoethnic Social Club - 25 May 2023 5:11 PM
bohemia - 25 May 2023 4:35 PM

I think you may have ,meant the other way around? Clubs in smaller leagues love the money they can earn from Conference league..... 500k to a Maltese or  Estonian club is big bikkies. 

And you wonder why I love football manager 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/ckr5yy29k82o

Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star

biscuitman1871 - 10 Mar 2016 6:54 PM
lukerobinho wrote:
Over my dead body

Do you guarantee it?

Lol promotion and relegation will save this whole sport in Oz apparently lol
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

2 left,

yet still 7 contenders 

Stoke & QPR get safe
Huddersfield down

Edited
Last Month by numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

numklpkgulftumch - 29 May 2023 10:09 AM
numklpkgulftumch - 20 May 2022 12:03 PM

Everton finishing 4th Last

Everton definitely not finishing third last

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

NicCarBel - 28 Apr 2024 3:34 AM
Half time over in Sicily 

Catania score off a corner in added time to go 1-0 up. Very frustrating like a Socceroos game against minnows (despite the opposition being 3rd placed) tbh - most of the game camped in the oppositions half with a few half chances, but the best opportunity (that wasn’t the goal) fell to Benevento

Half time scores for relevant games:
Catania 1-0 Benevento
Monopoli 1-0 Messina
Brindisi 0-2 Turris
Potenza 0-0 Virtus Francavilla
Monterosi 0-0 Foggia

This puts Catania up to 13th and relegation playoffs to be between:
Potenza v Monterosi (Monterosi auto relegated due to 10 points behind Potenza)
Monopoli v Virtus Francavilla (Will go ahead as the most these can finish apart is by 7 points - which is where the live table is at now)

Catania hold on for the 3 points and stay in the race for promotion.

Relegation playoffs will be between Potenza and Monterosi (Monterosi defeated Foggia, so that got them within the 8 points), and Monopoli and Francavilla.

Catania's playoff games will be held May 11th and 14th (seeded teams normally get the home second leg, I think?) where they are essentially in the final 10 teams of the playoffs, despite finishing 13th in their regional league.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Half time over in Sicily 

Catania score off a corner in added time to go 1-0 up. Very frustrating like a Socceroos game against minnows (despite the opposition being 3rd placed) tbh - most of the game camped in the oppositions half with a few half chances, but the best opportunity (that wasn’t the goal) fell to Benevento

Half time scores for relevant games:
Catania 1-0 Benevento
Monopoli 1-0 Messina
Brindisi 0-2 Turris
Potenza 0-0 Virtus Francavilla
Monterosi 0-0 Foggia

This puts Catania up to 13th and relegation playoffs to be between:
Potenza v Monterosi (Monterosi auto relegated due to 10 points behind Potenza)
Monopoli v Virtus Francavilla (Will go ahead as the most these can finish apart is by 7 points - which is where the live table is at now)

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search