Mitch Duke to Sydney Mariners

Mitch Duke to Sydney Mariners

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Talk on SFCU that we're looking to bring him in next season. Sydney boy but has the Mariners connection.

ARNIE= LEGEND

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I'd be very jelly. He's a gun and such a humble bloke.
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Any insight on his Shimzu stint? His numbers are far from impressive though I know he was injured
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

DinosMum - 20 Apr 2017 1:01 PM
Any insight on his Shimzu stint? His numbers are far from impressive though I know he was injured

Hes played mainly on the wing or fullback. Was injured for a fair bit too. From the reports Ive read hes done pretty well on the pitch.

ARNIE= LEGEND

DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Fullback? Christ I remember when people were betting between him and Juric for a Socceroos spot up top.
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

He's under 30, You sure Sydney want him ? 
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I hope Blackwood goes to a club that will play him.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro

aussie pride - 21 Apr 2017 10:43 AM
I hope Blackwood goes to a club that will play him.

I think so. Hes not developed much with us even with the extended runs he got last season. There is a talented player there but think he needs a change of scenery. Would also open up some space for highly rated Lokolingoy. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Edited
7 Years Ago by RedKat
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

RedKat - 21 Apr 2017 10:51 AM
aussie pride - 21 Apr 2017 10:43 AM

I think so. Hes not developed much with us even with the extended runs he got last season. There is a talented player there but think he needs a change of scenery. Would also open up some space for highly rated Lokolingoy. 

Watched both in the NYL grand final. Wasn't really impressed with Blackwood but can clearly see the kid has talent. When given the chance you need to be scoring goals in order for the likes of SFC to give you a serious run. Needs to move to a AU Jets CCM and work like a mad man. Lokolingoy looked like a beast. Technically look the goods. I would love to see this kid given a real chance up front and see what he can do.

RedKat
RedKat
Pro

JDB03 - 21 Apr 2017 11:56 AM
RedKat - 21 Apr 2017 10:51 AM

Watched both in the NYL grand final. Wasn't really impressed with Blackwood but can clearly see the kid has talent. When given the chance you need to be scoring goals in order for the likes of SFC to give you a serious run. Needs to move to a AU Jets CCM and work like a mad man. Lokolingoy looked like a beast. Technically look the goods. I would love to see this kid given a real chance up front and see what he can do.

Seems to be the general consensus on SFCU. Havent seen Lokolingoy myself but he comes with big wraps. Blackwood was talent, Ive always liked the kid but he just didnt progress like I hoped last season and saw such limited gametime this season. Think hes more a 10 than a winger or forward though and theres few clubs that would play him there

ARNIE= LEGEND

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

RedKat - 21 Apr 2017 12:38 PM
JDB03 - 21 Apr 2017 11:56 AM

Seems to be the general consensus on SFCU. Havent seen Lokolingoy myself but he comes with big wraps. Blackwood was talent, Ive always liked the kid but he just didnt progress like I hoped last season and saw such limited gametime this season. Think hes more a 10 than a winger or forward though and theres few clubs that would play him there

Blackwood was playing at 9 in the NYL GF. He was subbed for Loko. I guess its that old argument about the HAL not giving the youth a fair run, maybe not good enough but I would be interested if Blackwood has contemplated going OS? Very hard for any HAL club to play a 18-19 year old at 9.   

RedKat
RedKat
Pro

JDB03 - 21 Apr 2017 3:18 PM
RedKat - 21 Apr 2017 12:38 PM

Blackwood was playing at 9 in the NYL GF. He was subbed for Loko. I guess its that old argument about the HAL not giving the youth a fair run, maybe not good enough but I would be interested if Blackwood has contemplated going OS? Very hard for any HAL club to play a 18-19 year old at 9.   

Yeah for sure thats a whole extra debate. Hes not been clinical enough though when hes had chances at 9 to cement himself there or deserve more opportunities. Im not fully sure he has the skillset to be a winger but like Duke I could see him starting as a 9 and get reinvented as somewhere else. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

not surprised. he was a arnie favourite.  expect ibini and duke to sub on in every game.  ccm blue.

shallow hal wants a gal
shallow hal wants a gal
World Class
World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)

Seems like Japan hasn't worked to well for him. Would be a good pick up for Sydney. I don't think we will re sign Simon so we do have a spot free
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Have no idea where he'd play. RW? Can he actually cross at all? Could be a cheap cover and he does have work rate if nothing else. Hope he wouldn't be an addition to forward stocks though as Charlie needs his chance. 

Blackwood is a hack. He needs to go to the NPL. Of all the young forwards over the last decade he's been our worst. Payne, Chianese, Dimi were all far superior to him. The kid has a bit of tekkerz, but he's no finisher, no creator and is slow. No idea what his natural position is. 

Charlie is a beast, a far superior player in every single regard. The fact that Blackwood's played ahead of him both for SFC and Australia shows the problems with youth development int his country. Performance on the field doesn't always equate to additional opportunities. 

At least playing in the NPL is good for Charlie's development, though the team as a whole has struggled this season with the increased quality and physicality of the opponents. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search