God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

Author
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BETHFC - 3 May 2017 2:05 PM
milan_7 - 2 May 2017 6:24 PM

It was the least shitty name.

Couldn't help myself, it might not happen again for a while so I have to cash in :laugh:

Trust me I have been giving shit to Woolwich fans all week! Just the naming stuff comes off to be as cringey as they are. I can see us finishing above them for the next few years, only thing that worries me is Wembley next year but they are truly dog shit right now. They are closer in points to West Brom than they are to us, let that sink in...
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

haha don't be mean, nah, you guys deserve to give it back been along time coming as I've said watching from the sideline.
They have played it and played it, do your best without going down to their level, well said.

By the way whilst I'm here, win this week eh :kiss: imagine, if both mercyside clubs finish above youse :hehe:

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

It may not mean much in the end for our top 4 chances but beating Mourinho for the first time and ending the most pointless unbeaten run in football is enjoyable.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Too right, such an unbeaten run FFS.
Bravo, if it was the game to straighten the ship it had to be this one.
Thankyou.

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Rambo, so good. 

Who would have thought that pairing him with a midfielder who can hold and distribute would bring the best out of him.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

So Alexis is the first player in the league this season to have double digits in goals and assists. 

And say what you want about Giroud but another 15 goal season and now almost at 100 Arsenal goals.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Well thats that then. 

Ozil unplayable. 

Onto next week. 
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Have fun on Thursday nights in Armenia!
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

At least Claude doesn't have to fuck Ty.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

milan_7 - 22 May 2017 2:29 AM
Have fun on Thursday nights in Armenia!

Have fun getting out of the Group Stage :satisfied:
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

jlm8695 - 22 May 2017 1:35 PM

Reached the Quarter Finals more recently than you
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

jlm8695 - 22 May 2017 1:35 PM

I think we will have fun, got to be in it to win it as they say, at least were in for a shot.
I'm sure Klopp will have us ready for whoever wherever we will be vsing :)
Look forward to whats coming ahead for you guys - gonna be a whole new world to get familiar with.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Considering Liverpools' record against the top teams, I rate our chances. I'm just glad the Champions League doesn't feature Bournemouth or Burnley!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

pv4
pv4
Legend

Group: Moderators
Does anyone know where I can find stats of Arsenal games that had a penalty in them this year? It feels like it was a super common occurance.

I'm after ratio of games:penalty (general) , games:penalty (for) , games:penalty (against). 

Anyone know somewhere that does those stats?
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

pv4 - 24 May 2017 9:06 AM
Does anyone know where I can find stats of Arsenal games that had a penalty in them this year? It feels like it was a super common occurance.

I'm after ratio of games:penalty (general) , games:penalty (for) , games:penalty (against). 

Anyone know somewhere that does those stats?https://i.gyazo.com/2c3965655fcbf2651b1e5c440ffd21c3.png

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

AARON FUCKING RAMSEY
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Congrats to you guys.......and if I recall right more FACup wins now than united.

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

LFC. - 28 May 2017 9:04 PM
Congrats to you guys.......and if I recall right more FACup wins now than united.

Yepp! Wenger has now won it himself more than most clubs. 

Good to see the season finish with some much needed positivity. Although feel that will all evade tomorrow/thursday when his contract extension is announced. 

I think now would be a good time to move on, but if he stays hopefully he gets the full support of the club and fans behind him.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So it's official. 2 more seasons. Can't say I agree with it and will probably end up being another 2 seasons of mediocrity but not much can be done about it now. Now it all depends on how Alexis and maybe Ozil are replaced and who else is brought in. Be interesting to see if we stick with the back 3.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Kolasinac confirmed then.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170606/sead-kolasinac-to-join-arsenal

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 6 Jun 2017 8:31 PM

Reasonable signing and only 23. Schalke did not have a good season though.

Given we may lose Danny Rose to City this summer I can't believe we didn't at least make a play for this guy.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Can we please never sign another Spanish player from Barca again.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

BETHFC - 7 Jun 2017 9:20 AM
sydneycroatia58 - 6 Jun 2017 8:31 PM

Reasonable signing and only 23. Schalke did not have a good season though.

Given we may lose Danny Rose to City this summer I can't believe we didn't at least make a play for this guy.

Rose will stay, don't believe all that bull crap the papers are writing trying to sell all our players. Walker will be the only one to go I reckon, hopefully he stays but not looking good.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Sounds like we're still in for Lemar too and all now down to agreeing to a fee with Monaco.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

so it is bye bye snachez ?

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

LFC. - 3 Jul 2017 2:23 PM
so it is bye bye snachez ?

Well so far, no. I mean if someone wants him they have to actually bid for him and unless it's something huge from City I don't see them being the one he goes to, at least for this summer. We'd be much more willing to talk to clubs outside England.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer the press and the Chileans more so are beating it up for sometime now.
IMO crazy to let him go and as you say unless an offer has been made nothing happening at this stage, obviously if anything happened not with another epl club.

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

According to the Ornacle, Lacazette currently undergoing his medical at Colney. Announcement not expected today which is no shock.
pv4
pv4
Legend

Group: Moderators
Say hypothetically Lacazette gets announced in the next couple of days..

Would they fly him out for the Sydney games? Or wouldn't bother? 

I genuinely don't know if this is a silly question or not.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

He'd come down. 

Speaking of, I have a ticket to each of the matches that i can't use. If any of you Sydneysiders need one or have someone who would take it, PM me and you can have them as I cbf selling them. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search