Hoole to Mariners #facts

Hoole to Mariners #facts

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

ARNIE= LEGEND

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I reckon in the off season that we should be able to (and I've seen it occasionally) post rumours in AF.

Only a handful of users bother to come into this sub forum and some of the rumours could make for good discussion on the main board. 
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I thought Hoole was trialling in Europe.

I can picture him doing what Milligan did about 7-8 years back, going around and trialling for about 10 clubs unsuccessfully.

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

aussie pride - 30 May 2017 9:46 AM

I can picture him doing what Milligan did about 7-8 years back, going around and trialling for about 10 clubs unsuccessfully.

Didn't Palace want Milligan but Ange wouldn't release him at the time?
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
azzaMVFC - 30 May 2017 11:42 AM

Didn't Palace want Milligan but Ange wouldn't release him at the time?

Palace put in an offer for Milligan but wanted to play in installments over 2 (or possibly more) years. Considering the relatively low nature of the fee Victory asked for it upfront and Palace said no thank you and went on their way. 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Youre thinking of when Milligan chucked a fit at Metz asking him to play right back in a trial game. 

Or as Wiki says:

FourFourTwo magazine revealed on 28 July 2007 that after the Asian Cup Milligan had gone without Sydney FC's permission to trial for teams in Europe.[3] Milligan was linked with French sides FC Metz and RC Lens. The following day Milligan reportedly walked out on Metz just before a scheduled trial game appearance against Standard Liege, allegedly out of frustration at the right-back position he would be trialled in.[4] The following day it was reported that Milligan would return home to play for Sydney FC after all.[5][6]He was linked with a move to English Premier League clubs Blackburn RoversManchester City and Arsenal, as well as RC Lens in France's Ligue 1, and more recently with FC Porto in the Portuguese Liga and Bundesliga side Werder Bremen, during the summer of 2008.On 21 October 2008, The Sydney Morning Herald reported that Milligan signed a guest contract with Newcastle United Jets for seven weeks.

ARNIE= LEGEND

Edited
7 Years Ago by RedKat
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Confirmed:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/mariners-seal-fourth-signing-this-week-463640

Credit to Sloppy Sausage Time for being right. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search