Upcoming Socceroo signings, is it to late??

Upcoming Socceroo signings, is it to late??

Author
Tbone
Hacker
Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Reports coming from Bournemouth FC that Brad Smith is being chased by other U.K. Clubs. Would be great to see him gain much needed game time into his legs and regain some touch... could be a break out year for the LWB.

Milligan is also being stalked by Middlesbrough FC in his attempt to lock down the Socceroos defensive mid field spot.

Tomi Juric is about to lock in a move Frankfurt FC in the Bundi a great move since they are lacking firepower upfront and would see a lot of game time!

New reports coming out of China is that Matt Sprianovic has recovered from his long term injury and looking to move away from his current struggling side in China and leading the chase is Melbourne Victory but reported to leaning for a move to Europe to sure up his position and centre back leading into the World Cup.

And lastly Sainsbury will be moving back to Europe with whispers after his Milan Italian holiday he has a taste to push himself to the next level.... promoted serie A club vying for his signature!

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Eurgh, Spira and the Victory are completely the wrong fit, especially with Williams and Deng coming back to the club. Better off elsewhere.
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Tbone - 16 Jun 2017 10:21 AM
Reports coming from Bournemouth FC that Brad Smith is being chased by other U.K. Clubs. Would be great to see him gain much needed game time into his legs and regain some touch... could be a break out year for the LWB.Milligan is also being stalked by Middlesbrough FC in his attempt to lock down the Socceroos defensive mid field spot.Tomi Juric is about to lock in a move Frankfurt FC in the Bundi a great move since they are lacking firepower upfront and would see a lot of game time!New reports coming out of China is that Matt Sprianovic has recovered from his long term injury and looking to move away from his current struggling side in China and leading the chase is Melbourne Victory but reported to leaning for a move to Europe to sure up his position and centre back leading into the World Cup.And lastly Sainsbury will be moving back to Europe with whispers after his Milan Italian holiday he has a taste to push himself to the next level.... promoted serie A club vying for his signature!

I'd love Milligan to be playing in the Championship or similar. He should be the Captain to lead us going forward.
Love Jedi but with Mooy in the midfield we need someone a lot more mobile with some passing ability.

Bushroo
Bushroo
Weekender
Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)Weekender (38 reputation)

Any links too sources on these links?
Tbone
Tbone
Hacker
Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)Hacker (417 reputation)

With these signings and game time at high leagues... the Socceroos first 11 looks competitive and should be in prime condition come The World Cup!

Striker: Juric. (Frankfurt Fc bundi.)

Lfwd: Rogic (Celtic Fc Spl.) Rfwd: Mooy (Huddersfield Fc EPL)

Centre Mid: Luongo (crystal palace Fc champ.) Defensive mid: Milligan (Middlesbrough Fc champ.)

LWb: Brad Smith (EPL?)
Rwb: Matt leckie ( Berlin Fc bundi.)

left Centre back: Sainsbury (serie A)
Centre back: sprianovic (bundi?)
Right centre back: degenak ( j league)

Bench:
Irvine (champ)
Kruse (bundi 2)
Langerak (bundi)
Cahill (A league)
Rys Williams (A league)
James tirosi (EPL)
Just need another back 3 player on the bench I'm leaning to Good from Newcastle United if he can get fit and game time.... the bloke is a lock in to me!!!

To me that's a well rounded class side with all players fit and still learning playing in great leagues!!

Tbone
Tbone
Hacker

I'd be stoked if Milligan could gain a spot in the championship or lower EPL side and captain the Socceroos!!
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Aus Football Fan
Tbone
Tbone
Hacker

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-transfer-rumours-you-cant-13190632.amp
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Tbone,
I hope that isnt the Socceroos team,because it is slow and will struggle to score and will concede a lot of goals.
It exemplifies the current problem ,where Ange is intent on using the 3241 to overload midfield to use our skilful players to bust through defences.Yet a 433 still seems much more balanced.
The 361 just hasn't worked,because our only fast players,Leckie and Smith,have little room to move amd are worried about going forward because of the gaping space they leave behind in defence.So we see Leckie not making runs forward and instead passing backwards.We see Smith running forward and leaving wide spaces out wide,making counter attacking too easy against us.
All the midfielders are slow ,so they can't break the line to receive a defence splitting pass and hence the ball gets 'passed '(miss directed)around in an overley congested midfield until the opposition intercepts the ball and tries a counterattack.
Unfortunately ,it's a problem having Rogic,Mooy and Luongo playing at the same time in a 361.If Milligan is DM,then it makes more sense to have two fast players from the likes of Kruse,Troisi,Burns,Leckie ,Borrello and whoever else emerges over the next year or two,as left and right side players to break the defensive line.Then it's a case of juggling Rogic Mooy ,Irvine , Luongo and whoever else emerges in the midfield to control play /attack/defend as the situation requires.
433 still looks better with Mooy and Milligan as DM's and Rogic at the top of a diamond,with Kruse and Troisi on the wings and Juric up front.Then Luongo /Irvine can replace Rogic /Mooy.In attacking games Mooy moves forward alongside Rogic.

Edited
7 Years Ago by crimsoncrusoe
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

jlm8695 - 16 Jun 2017 11:11 AM
Aus Football Fan

hahahaha
George_Worst
George_Worst
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Aus Football Fan

God help us, I hope not!
Tbone
Tbone
Hacker

Yeh I understand your thoughts... but is speed everything!?
I think we need smart players that can control the ball at their feet and pass well... those players for me are Rogic, Mooy, Luongo and Milligan.
Leckie and smith are fast but it's there arobic capacity that Ange wants relying on them to get back into position to defend.
If tactics have to change for speedy counter attacks which we aren't set up for we have the likes of Kruse triosi okonmidis hjrusitc with leckie and smith providing over lap if needed!
I really feel Ange is on to something here but everyone is just caught up in the moment cause qualifying is so close and it's touch and go!
Strikers: juric Cahill mclaren... should be all the better with playing in Germany season and Cahill as back up.. we now look like we can score.
Attacking middle field: Rogic kruse troisi Amini.. first two if fit and playing well are world class . Troisi and amini (I like amini think he can be a stand out right fwd) are honest back ups!
Centre mid field: mooy to Marshall and back up Irvine think he plays his best in central mid so he can make late runs and has better defensive skills if we are leading the Mooy.
Defensive mid field: Milligan cause he is the heart and soul he can pass doesn't get muscled off and doesn't take a backward step back up luongo championship has toughened him up he looked good against Brazil strong trapped the balk well... granted he over shot the ball once I like to some how fit him in!
LWB: brad smith just needs a full season of football and he will be such a better player for it... people will be eating there words. Behich as back up offers a more defensive LWb but still aggressive.
Rwb: easy Leckie think it is perfect and let's face it.. he doesn't have an end product so I think he will excel at rwb. Back up well that is a question I'll put back to the forum... who honestly do you think will be able to take leckie rwb if he is injured 2 weeks from the World Cup????... and don't so grant he isn't even close!!
And now for the back 3.... it's to me the last piece of the puzzle I'm going to say it but at the moment that back 3 is dreadful.... no confidence and I think now that Ange has his depth in the strikers and mids after the Japan Thai games and if we qualify he will move his full attention to the back 3!
I can't see wright making the first 11 I actually don't rate him he is a trooper but just not works standard sorry wright!
Back 3 of Sainsbury Spiranovic and Degenak will be my choice saints and spira are great on the ball and degenak will only continue to grow.
Back ups to me if they can get a good preason and play well and get game time is Good toganik rys Williams I know left field those 3 are but all a composed and level head and multi skilled!!
Goalkeeper to easy Ryan and langarak

What do you guys think?????
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Aus Football Fan

duh

E

slipperypigeon
slipperypigeon
Hacker
Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)

Milsy belongs at the biggest and most successful top flight Australian club. No other club move he could make would provide him the opportunity to win silverware like the mighty Melbourne Victory.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Tbone - 16 Jun 2017 11:05 AM
With these signings and game time at high leagues... the Socceroos first 11 looks competitive and should be in prime condition come The World Cup! Striker: Juric. (Frankfurt Fc bundi.) Lfwd: Rogic (Celtic Fc Spl.) Rfwd: Mooy (Huddersfield Fc EPL)Centre Mid: Luongo (crystal palace Fc champ.) Defensive mid: Milligan (Middlesbrough Fc champ.)LWb: Brad Smith (EPL?)Rwb: Matt leckie ( Berlin Fc bundi.)left Centre back: Sainsbury (serie A)Centre back: sprianovic (bundi?)Right centre back: degenak ( j league)Bench:Irvine (champ)Kruse (bundi 2)Langerak (bundi)Cahill (A league)Rys Williams (A league)James tirosi (EPL)Just need another back 3 player on the bench I'm leaning to Good from Newcastle United if he can get fit and game time.... the bloke is a lock in to me!!!To me that's a well rounded class side with all players fit and still learning playing in great leagues!!

Gutsy, playing without a keeper at the World Cup.

Tbone
Tbone
Hacker

Haha my bad... Ryan between the sticks!! 🤙
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Milligan should have moved to England 5 or 6 years ago, absolutely no doubt he would have been our most consistent performer in the top leagues. 

He's a star now, but would have been even better playing and training in Europe.
Link2588
Link2588
Rising Star
Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)

With Mooy starting to play deeper it would allow either Kruse or Troisi to partner Rogic in the dual AM roles. Would prefer either Irvine or Luongo to partner Mooy I think Luongo would be best and allow us to play out from the back much easier than with Jedinak or even Milligan. That would leave Irvine as a trump card of the bench.

I would like to see in the near future:

Juric
          Behich-Rogic-Troisi-Leckie
                    Mooy-Luongo
      D McGowan-Spira-Sainsbury
                       Langerack

I think the overseas representation will be the best since before the 2010 World Cup.

*Certainties to start at their clubs: Mooy, Rogic, Langerack, Behich, Amini, Jeggo, Degenek, Mercela, Jurman, Luongo, Irvine, Juric (The latter 3 possibly in the EPL or Bundi 1)

*Should atleast come of the bench or play every other game: Leckie, J Mac, Goodwin, Ryan , Mabil, Doughall, D McGowan, Ibini,

*Will need an injury or two and some luck: Federici, Smith, Birighitti, Davidson (Should he try his luck at hudders)

*TBD yet to make a move or need to ASAP: - Kruse: Bundi 2 looks likely maybe Bundi 1 with some luck
- Troisi: Brighton reports seem pretty solid and would be a decent fit for him otherwise hopefully lower level of Europe
-Milligan: Could be anywhere midfield competition should force him to a proper league.
-Spira: Desperately hope he is done cashing in  a French type league would suit him well.
-Sainsbury: Simply isn't going to play in China the Foreign marquees are much better than him would love to see him in Holland again.
-Burns: Not even making the bench which is crazy hopefully he lowers his standards for game time we need him to push Cahill out.

We have a solid foundation and are well over due for some luck left a few out who I don't think suit the teams current style of play

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Seriously, 5 rumours and still can't find the right fourm
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Ds98 - 16 Jun 2017 12:09 PM

hahahaha

lol i think it really is him tho. Same spelling errors, grammar and syntax and same preoccupation with big 5
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

I'd like to see grabt try his hand in europe
he is statistically the most impressive a league performer since mooy

Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Tbone - 16 Jun 2017 11:05 AM
With these signings and game time at high leagues... the Socceroos first 11 looks competitive and should be in prime condition come The World Cup! Striker: Juric. (Frankfurt Fc bundi.) Lfwd: Rogic (Celtic Fc Spl.) Rfwd: Mooy (Huddersfield Fc EPL)Centre Mid: Luongo (crystal palace Fc champ.) Defensive mid: Milligan (Middlesbrough Fc champ.)LWb: Brad Smith (EPL?)Rwb: Matt leckie ( Berlin Fc bundi.)left Centre back: Sainsbury (serie A)Centre back: sprianovic (bundi?)Right centre back: degenak ( j league)Bench:Irvine (champ)Kruse (bundi 2)Langerak (bundi)Cahill (A league)Rys Williams (A league)James tirosi (EPL)Just need another back 3 player on the bench I'm leaning to Good from Newcastle United if he can get fit and game time.... the bloke is a lock in to me!!!To me that's a well rounded class side with all players fit and still learning playing in great leagues!!

Can add Oar to this now being at a champions league club
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Anyone know of anything about Ryan Williams and Andy Rose?
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

apillay12 - 20 Jun 2017 3:05 PM
Anyone know of anything about Ryan Williams and Andy Rose?

Ryan Williams >> Rotherham (heavy links)
Andy Rose >> Motherwell (confirmed)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search