Bielsa off the ball movement

Bielsa off the ball movement

Author
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
5 ways.

https://youtu.be/Ic3OX6i6aUg

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

That was very good, Bielsa as our next Socceroos coach! :D 
moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Barca4Life - 11 Jul 2017 7:55 AM
That was very good, Bielsa as our next Socceroos coach! :D 

Haha, it's a good one, there are more treasures if you want to trawl through the channel.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I love the video demonstration.

*However, I'm about half way through and Bielsa hasn't commented on players receiving having faulty body shape in some instances. Sometimes they are too square on to the passer when receiving  in space.

If they were more side on, they could face forwards more easily. Instead they pass back, because they would have to turn blind.

*A second point is the angle of passes. If players receive diagonal balls from opening diagonal passing lanes, they can simultaneously scan a greater proportion of the  field of play as they receive.

*A third point is that the passer when playing  forwards can give two instructions.

"Turn", if the player is in sufficient space.

"Man on", when the player is marked.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I'd be interested to hear what other coaches who've done the FFA C or/and B Licence say about the comments  in the previous post.

I thought I learnt this in the C Licence, but it may have been with the KNVB and working a lot with the state TD at the time. He did a joint presentation with Ange to the public on this topic.

moops
moops
Pro

Decentric - 10 Aug 2017 8:07 AM
I love the video demonstration.

*However, I'm about half way through and Bielsa hasn't commented on players receiving having faulty body shape in some instances. Sometimes they are too square on to the passer when receiving  in space.

If they were more side on, they could face forwards more easily. Instead they pass back, because they would have to turn blind.

*A second point is the angle of passes. If players receive diagonal balls from opening diagonal passing lanes, they can simultaneously scan a greater proportion of the  field of play as they receive.

*A third point is that the passer when play  forwards can give two instructions.

"Turn," if the player is in sufficient space.

"Man on," when the player is marked.

The point of the video was on movement, or rather how to lose your marker. If you are successful, then a pass to feet is all that's needed, the run/movement created the space, even if having to receive and turn.
I think he also assumed that players shouting instructions wasn't relevant and simplistic for the presentation.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search