Mobile site

Mobile site

Author
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Can we do something about the mobile version of the forum?

You can't go to page x of a thread, so that means you just have to click the thread and cycle through the pages until you reach the end. Eats up my data and time.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

433 - 18 Jun 2017 2:32 PM
Can we do something about the mobile version of the forum?

You can't go to page x of a thread, so that means you just have to click the thread and cycle through the pages until you reach the end. Eats up my data and time.

Agreed. Too bad mods are in the Seychelles pissing away the money made for selling out the forum

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Using this site on mobile is not an enjoyable experience and considering that most traffic now a days is comprised of it that is a very dumb thing.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

It's why I only ever post at work coz i just hate using the site on mobile.

Even trying to read an article with those annoying rolling pop ups means I don't even click links on facebook anymore.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Davide82 - 19 Jun 2017 2:15 PM
It's why I only ever post at work coz i just hate using the site on mobile.

Even trying to read an article with those annoying rolling pop ups means I don't even click links on facebook anymore.

I run chrome with adblock, gets rid of most of it.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Even though I'm a developer in the real world, here as a mod I'm just a volunteer trying to help out and have no control over the site's code base. I've got a workaround using a bookmarklet that's a bit clunky but it will allow you to skip to any page number you like.

I've tested this in chrome mobile but not safari as I don't have an IOS device. Let me know if it works!

Installation Instructions (it's probably easier to do this on Chrome Desktop and let it sync to your mobile but it may work on the device)
  1. Go to this pastebin link and copy the code.
  2. In Chrome, add a bookmark using the bookmark manager using the code as the location. Make sure the name of the bookmark is easy to type (442ps or something) as you'll need to type this when you want to run it.
Usage instructions
  1. When you're in a thread, go to the location bar and start typing the bookmarklet name (e.g. 442ps) and when it comes up as a suggestion select it
  2. A dialog will pop up asking you to put in a number, enter the number and press OK
  3. Your browser will navigate to that page in the thread
A small warning. Bookmarklets can be a security risk. I could for example try and get your cookie to impersonate you on this site. I haven't obfuscated the javascript in the bookmarklet so you can inspect what it does and see that it's clean. Alternatively, here is the javascript in a more readable form.

// Show dialog to get page number
var index = prompt("Please enter a page number", "");
// Redirect browser to desired page index
window.location=window.location.protocol+"//"+window.location.hostname+window.location.pathname+"?PageIndex="+index;

You can copy this and paste it into a bookmarklet creator such as http://mrcoles.com/bookmarklet/ and you'll get the same code.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Edited
7 Years Ago by mcjules
World Class

cheers man I'll give it a go :)
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Is there any other mobile issues with the site? Please lay them out here if so, cheers.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Don't know about others but for me on IOS:

- Inability to quote
- Unable to go to latest active thread from the forum menu
- Genuinely have no idea how to get into my messages
- No :lol: emoji
pv4
pv4
Legend

jlm8695 - 17 Jul 2017 9:48 AM

Team

No need to provide any more feedback.

All mods and improvements should be held off until this point is rectified. 
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

jlm8695 - 17 Jul 2017 9:48 AM
Don't know about others but for me on IOS:

- Inability to quote
- Unable to go to latest active thread from the forum menu
- Genuinely have no idea how to get into my messages

I could have some slightly different screens due to having the moderator role but...

Do you get the person icon in the top right hand corner? If so touch that and select "Account" from the drop down menu. At the bottom of that screen there should be your last 5 messages.

If you then touch the < button on the top left of the screen you'll get taken back to where you can see all your messages.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Ahh nice, that works. Didn't even think to scroll down in that tab. If someone is to make improvements to the site, I'd still recommend a dedicated messages option in that drop down. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search