NPL Players Thread

NPL Players Thread

Author
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Weiry - 11 Jul 2017 9:35 PM
NicCarBel - 11 Jul 2017 9:01 PM

He is 25.

This is his first year in NPL. Had previously been scoring loads in the local Canberra comp for Queanbeyan City.

Also there is 

Finn Jurak (18) First choice goalkeeper for Belconnen United
Olaide Yinka-Kehinda (23) Nigerian forward for Woden-Weston. Has some pretty good skills. Used to be in Brentford and Birmingham academies if I remember correctly
Michael Rinaudo (21) Striker for Gungahlin 

Oh Olaide is also a gun. We were on track for our first win Of The season early against them, up 2-0. He came on, immediately won and scored a penalty and then broke our hearts with a late, late, (really late, trust me, we were a bit upset with the referees, but nonetheless) LATE stunning equaliser. Was quite impressed with him from the bench.
I'd suggest some Rhinos, but.. Well I'll let the young guys get some first grade gametime (with results) first and impress with that. Played with 5 18s by the looks of it in a 4-2 loss at home to Olympic on the weekend, and the 18s have been impressing me in their competition too.

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

NicCarBel - 12 Jul 2017 4:26 PM

Oh Olaide is also a gun. We were on track for our first win Of The season early against them, up 2-0. He came on, immediately won and scored a penalty and then broke our hearts with a late, late, (really late, trust me, we were a bit upset with the referees, but nonetheless) LATE stunning equaliser. Was quite impressed with him from the bench.
I'd suggest some Rhinos, but.. Well I'll let the young guys get some first grade gametime (with results) first and impress with that. Played with 5 18s by the looks of it in a 4-2 loss at home to Olympic on the weekend, and the 18s have been impressing me in their competition too.

Sounds like some player! 

And I hope for your sake that some of the Rhino's can really push on, I feel as though Canberra and the Capital NPL is one of the hotspots for uncovering some of Australia's best talents. So if you could keep some updates on these players coming (that is if u want to), that would be awesome.
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

How would you rate the Fijian Keeper at the Rhinos?
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Rocky Visconte for the Over 23's SA section from Croydon Kings? Also Andreas Wiens from Comets who is the current top scorer in NPL SA.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Hosine Bility,16, is back playing for Croydon Kings after his trial in Denmark at FC Midtylland
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

apillay12 - 13 Jul 2017 12:52 AM

How would you rate the Fijian Keeper at the Rhinos?

Quiet. Decent shot stopper. Comes out a lot a la Mat Ryan. Hasn't been playing much recently I think due to family commitments.
I have heard he played in some sort of national set up in Fiji before coming to Australia and Yoogali FC. But, being in Canberra, not sure how exactly he went pre-Rhinos but must have been one Of The better keepers, along with the back up keeper that has been playing 20s. First game he got sent off for two yellow card offences, rushing out for one on ones. Next game back, got clobbered in a similar fashion.
 I do know though that one Of The 5 18s that I mentioned that played against Olympic over the weekend Was The keeper.
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

NicCarBel - 13 Jul 2017 5:03 PM
apillay12 - 13 Jul 2017 12:52 AM

Quiet. Decent shot stopper. Comes out a lot a la Mat Ryan. Hasn't been playing much recently I think due to family commitments.
I have heard he played in some sort of national set up in Fiji before coming to Australia and Yoogali FC. But, being in Canberra, not sure how exactly he went pre-Rhinos but must have been one Of The better keepers, along with the back up keeper that has been playing 20s. First game he got sent off for two yellow card offences, rushing out for one on ones. Next game back, got clobbered in a similar fashion.
 I do know though that one Of The 5 18s that I mentioned that played against Olympic over the weekend Was The keeper.

Yeh he played for the national team of Fiji, and then yoogali, but no real training. 

I reckon he could be play NPL VIC or NPL NSW for a good club
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Does Fijian Keeper have a name? 
Weiry
Weiry
Super Fan
Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)

Ds98 - 13 Jul 2017 7:59 PM
Does Fijian Keeper have a name? 

Jone Ralulu - 31 year old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5szYwVjy0

There is some very good players in the Capital Football NPL particularly in the youth department. I am not based there but have plenty of contacts down there and try to get to a few games a year to see what is happening.

A few others that I would consider adding to the list would be

Jason Ugrinic (23) Forward for Belconnen United. Has been a top player for a few years now. Went to Murray United in NPL2 Victoria in off season but has returned to Belco
Josh Gulevski (19) Forward for Canberra Olympic. Has scored 5 in 11 this season. Last season scored 11 in 18 for the Canberra United Academy. I would consider him a very high prospect
Leo Mazis (17) Midfielder for Belconnen United 
Kofi Danning (26) Forward for Canberra FC. Former A League player for Brisbane Roar and Sydney FC
Michael Kita (17) Midfielder for Cooma Tigers. Originally from the DR Congo. A regular in the Cooma Senior setup

Then there is the youth players that look promising but haven't made the step up to regular senior NPL (yet) these would be Kye Edwards, Riley Angelosante, Lachlan Camm, Tom Cosentini, Hayden Thai and pretty much anyone playing for the Canberra United Academy U17 side.

Belconnen United usually upload highlights to their youtube which is good https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjkzGZKoe3EV_448fw6B3A/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Weiry - 13 Jul 2017 9:47 PM
Ds98 - 13 Jul 2017 7:59 PM

Jone Ralulu - 31 year old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5szYwVjy0

There is some very good players in the Capital Football NPL particularly in the youth department. I am not based there but have plenty of contacts down there and try to get to a few games a year to see what is happening.

A few others that I would consider adding to the list would be

Jason Ugrinic (23) Forward for Belconnen United. Has been a top player for a few years now. Went to Murray United in NPL2 Victoria in off season but has returned to Belco
Josh Gulevski (19) Forward for Canberra Olympic. Has scored 5 in 11 this season. Last season scored 11 in 18 for the Canberra United Academy. I would consider him a very high prospect
Leo Mazis (17) Midfielder for Belconnen United 
Kofi Danning (26) Forward for Canberra FC. Former A League player for Brisbane Roar and Sydney FC
Michael Kita (17) Midfielder for Cooma Tigers. Originally from the DR Congo. A regular in the Cooma Senior setup

Then there is the youth players that look promising but haven't made the step up to regular senior NPL (yet) these would be Kye Edwards, Riley Angelosante, Lachlan Camm, Tom Cosentini, Hayden Thai and pretty much anyone playing for the Canberra United Academy U17 side.

Belconnen United usually upload highlights to their youtube which is good https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjkzGZKoe3EV_448fw6B3A/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Very Good stuff, thanks weiry!! keen to hear more from you!!
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

looks as though joint leading goal scorer in the NPLNSW Jordan Figon is trialling with the Mariners against the Olyroos this morning, he is actually 23 turning 24 later in December of this year. As i'd had him previously in the 'overs' category.

Edit: Brendan Cholakian is also trialling with the Mariners in the same match
Edited
7 Years Ago by Ds98
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Former O/S based Aussie Originally with first tier Irish side Wexford, Sean Eve, 19, is back in Australia with the Wollongong Wolves, an unused sub against Hakoah yesterday.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Watched the highlights package of Pascoe Vale vs Avondale. 16 year old substitute Johnathan Koutroulis scored in his second consecutive match off the bench for Pascoe Vale, both times contributing the winning goal... interesting debut season for him!
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)

Ds98 - 14 Jul 2017 11:08 AM
looks as though joint leading goal scorer in the NPLNSW Jordan Figon is trialling with the Mariners against the Olyroos this morning, he is actually 23 turning 24 later in December of this year. As i'd had him previously in the 'overs' category.

Edit: Brendan Cholakian is also trialling with the Mariners in the same match

Choky wasn't on the teamsheet?

Edit : He wasn't on the facebook teamsheet but he was on the website

Edited
7 Years Ago by No Totti No Party
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

No Totti No Party - 16 Jul 2017 10:47 PM
Ds98 - 14 Jul 2017 11:08 AM

Choky wasn't on the teamsheet?

Edit : He wasn't on the facebook teamsheet but he was on the website

Yeah, strange, I saw it when CCM tweeted he was coming off the bench
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Former Nike Academy, WSW player Emilio Martinez,18, is now playing with Brisbane Roar Youth, having scored over the weekend against Sunshine Coast
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Ds98 - 13 Jul 2017 1:45 PM
Hosine Bility,16, is back playing for Croydon Kings after his trial in Denmark at FC Midtylland

Looks as though FC Midtylland liked what they saw of young Hosine, not sure if its a typo or anything but according to Midtylland's wiki page he is listed as a senior player. 

Surely can't see him going straight into the senior set-up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Midtjylland

EDIT: The deal is apparently off

Edited
7 Years Ago by Ds98
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Harry Sawyer, 20, has signed with Davao Aguilas in the Filipino League, coached by Gary Philips and home of former A-League player Brad McDonald. Sawyer, has scored 15 goals in 7 apps for Western Pride since joining from Newcastle.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Don't think anyone playing NPL has been signed by an A-League team as of yet which is really disappointing, and really a spit in the face to those who genuinely could do a job in the top flight. I'm starting to get really pissed by this!!  What message is this sending to youngsters in NPL academies which are proven pathways to A-League clubs!!
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)

Ds98 - 29 Aug 2017 2:18 PM
Don't think anyone playing NPL has been signed by an A-League team as of yet which is really disappointing, and really a spit in the face to those who genuinely could do a job in the top flight. I'm starting to get really pissed by this!!  What message is this sending to youngsters in NPL academies which are proven pathways to A-League clubs!!

Only Lewis Italiano I believe.

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

No Totti No Party - 29 Aug 2017 2:51 PM
Ds98 - 29 Aug 2017 2:18 PM

Only Lewis Italiano I believe.

he was always at the Phoenix though wasn't he?
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur

Ds98 - 29 Aug 2017 8:06 PM
No Totti No Party - 29 Aug 2017 2:51 PM

he was always at the Phoenix though wasn't he?

Released by Phoenix at end of season, signed for Bulleen now back at Phoenix

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

There's been a whole shit load of movements over the break, its taking a bit of time to get all of the updates sorted, but I am trying to adjust this list in terms of appearances, goals and consistent displays. 
zohnn
zohnn
Under 7s
Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)Under 7s (17 reputation)

For me there is one clear standout that cannot be overlooked this coming offseason and must be picked up by an A league team, his performances have just been that good.

Elvis Komsoba playing at the minute for Avondale Heights in the NPL Victoria is a class above the rest.

Following his season with the Knights last year where he was the standout player, he is most definitely backing those performances up. Whilst last year he was scoring and single handedly kept the Knights in the top flight, this season he his creating more chances for team and the two strikers are reaping the benefit with the team undefeated at the top. 

Stefan Zinni who just came back from a stint with Western Sydney cannot get a look in, which tells the quality of this boy. Put him into any A league team, his speed and skill is too hard to manage.

Sometimes i wonder what those in recruitment positions see in players, for me clearly this boy should be at the next level with potential to reach further heights.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Is he one of the boys?
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

-

Edited
6 Years Ago by Ds98
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Update on Australia's 2015 WC U17 squad

James Delianov (18) - Melbourne City NPL (NPL2 EAST VIC) 
Duro Dragicevic (18)  - Sydney FC (NPLNSW)
Nicholas Sorras (19) - Rockdale City Suns (U20's NPLNSW)

Jackson Bandiera (20) - Sydney FC (NPLNSW)
Perry Fotakopoulos (19) - Western Sydney Wanderers (NPL2NSW)
Aaron Reardon (19) - Brisbane Roar (NPLQLD)
Kye Rowles (20) - CCM (A-League)
Jonathan Vakirtzis (20) - Melbourne Victory (NPL2 WEST VIC)
Malcolm Ward (18) - Blacktown City (U20's NPLNSW)

Panos Armenakas (19) - AFC Tubize (Loan from Udinese)
Daniel Arzani (19) - Melbourne City (Australia National Team) (A-League)
Jake Brimmer (20) - Perth Glory (A-League)
Joe Caletti (19) - Brisbane Roar (A-League)
Charlie Devereux (20) - Adelaide United (NPLSA)
Josh Hope (20) - Melbourne Victory (A-League)
Josh Laws (20) - Fortuna Dusseldorf (Reserves) 
Nicholas Panetta (20) - Gold Coast United (NPLQLD)
Thomas Prinsen (19) - PEC Zwolle II 

Lucas Derrick (19) - Northcote City (NPLVIC)
Pierce Waring (19) - Melbourne Victory (A-League) ( TRIALLING at CEREZO OSAKA) 
Cameron Joice (19) - (Jets page still lists him as part of their NYL squad, yet hasn't made an appearance this NPL season to date, might have been released)

Three years on, in terms of percentage rate this group has done pretty well in getting senior appearances. Arzani is already a part of the Senior Int. team, and a number of others have started to become regulars in their respective teams. Arzani, Rowles, Caletti, Brimmer and Hope have had the most A-League experience with Reardon and Waring tasting some senior game-time. 

The other guys are at least playing in their respective league and team. However Armenakas has been a massive let down in the step up to senior football. Hopefully he can work something else out with Udinese.

Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Updates on the NPLNSW and NPLVIC are on the first page
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Updates on the NPLQLD and the NPLSA are up on the first page
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Atilla Ofli (Hume City)  >>>>> Heidelberg United
Christian Cavallo (Free agent) >>>>>  Green Gully
Ndumba Makeche  >>>>> South Melbourne

couple of updates on transfer news so far. Ill hopefully try to keep up with transfers over the coming weeks
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search