2017/18 A-League & FFA Cup Kits Thread

2017/18 A-League & FFA Cup Kits Thread

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roar skipper Matt McKay models the club's 2017-2018 maroon strip.
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Still annoys me seeing kit launches with no major sponsors. Looks amateurish. Hopefully they sort it out soon, same goes for the other sponsor less teams so far.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ the Frenchman.

I take your point. But I'm old enough to remember the change from no sponsirs on shirts to sponsors; fans used to complain about the presence of a sponsor spoiling the shirt lol
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Brisbane Roar colours - Orange, blue, maroon, white
FC Brisbane City proposed colours - Blue, maroon, white, gold
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

scott21 - 30 Aug 2017 10:56 PM
Brisbane Roar colours - Orange, blue, maroon, white
FC Brisbane City proposed colours - Blue, maroon, white, gold

are they trying to steal their colours or something?
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

HeyItsRobbie - 30 Aug 2017 11:04 PM
scott21 - 30 Aug 2017 10:56 PM

are they trying to steal their colours or something?

probably thought roar would stick with black

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Roar and City are having a battle already. Taking Broich was the opening shot, Roar no doubt chose these colours to sit on the State and City of Brisbane colours to deny FCBC exclusive use, City wanted a north/south split so Roar went and based their Academy on the north side pretty much next to Ballymore. It's a decent rivalry already .... what the f... are Strikers doing though lol??
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Waz - 30 Aug 2017 11:32 PM
Roar and City are having a battle already. Taking Broich was the opening shot, Roar no doubt chose these colours to sit on the State and City of Brisbane colours to deny FCBC exclusive use, City wanted a north/south split so Roar went and based their Academy on the north side pretty much next to Ballymore. It's a decent rivalry already .... what the f... are Strikers doing though lol??

They should have applied as BCFC not FCBC. But you can understand that they probably shouldnt use sky blue. 

Given their bid launch Image result for fc brisbane city launch bid he was standing there with Italian balloons. 

Image result for fc brisbane city launch bid they could imo keep the new logo but use the green white and red. They are pretty much the only colours Qld Bne roar havent used.
Like Marconi have used or Mexico, also doesnt clash with Strikers

Image result for mexico kit retro

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Waz - 25 Aug 2017 9:11 AM
@ pv4Good point on the blue shorts plus it's the City of Brisbane colour.

Blue it was!
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Sweet Jeeby that Roar oranje kit is disgusting.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Jerks & Viva have linked up with a local shop Everything Football, whom I think will be the main place to buy Jerks kits from.

Anyway, EF have accidentally leaked a photo on their website with the label "Replica Youth Kit" which surely HAS to be the club home kit. And I for one have not stopped vomiting since I saw it:

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

pv4 - 4 Sep 2017 12:46 PM
Jerks & Viva have linked up with a local shop Everything Football, whom I think will be the main place to buy Jerks kits from.

Anyway, EF have accidentally leaked a photo on their website with the label "Replica Youth Kit" which surely HAS to be the club home kit. And I for one have not stopped vomiting since I saw it:

it looks authentic ..... and bloody AWFUL

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

paulbagzFC - 31 Aug 2017 9:45 AM

-PB

needs some black, otherwise looks very smart, always liked teh dutch orange + white

effnik clubs, who'd have em lol

Boonjeh
Boonjeh
Hacker
Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)Hacker (360 reputation)

What on earth is with that Jets kit..?
I have been waiting to see what the new kit will look like, quietly hoping it would be something to be proud of... that just looks weird.
The dark blue stripes on it just confuse me. I'm not sure whether it would look better if they just did vertical stripes all around, rather than what they did.. either way, it looks pretty disappointing.
Ironically, Viva seems to have killed a team kit...
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

Never trust an Australian company to designing a football kit :\

that looks atrocious.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Is it meant to be a jet fighter tire print or something. It looks like a double line road marking. "We really wanted to capture the Jets spirit. No U turns or over taking. Jets no there place and they stay there."
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

-PB

It's even worse from this angle.  (And I support the Roar.)

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 4 Sep 2017 5:21 PM

It's even worse from this angle.  (And I support the Roar.)

It needs a big Weis' mango logo on the front
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I am half blind but I do not see a Viva logo on the kit. I wouldn't buy because ITS NOT OUR COLOURS but it's not as bad Brisbane's abomination. At least we know gold will feature on a kit this season

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

marconi101 - 4 Sep 2017 5:43 PM

I am half blind but I do not see a Viva logo on the kit. I wouldn't buy because ITS NOT OUR COLOURS but it's not as bad Brisbane's abomination. At least we know gold will feature on a kit this season

What are Newcastles colours? 
pv4
pv4
Legend

Savic - 5 Sep 2017 3:08 AM
marconi101 - 4 Sep 2017 5:43 PM

What are Newcastles colours? 

Newcastle's traditional sporting colours are emerald & cinnamon, as worn by KB United and stretching further back than that.

For the A-League era, Jerks went gold (obv). Until Nathan Tinkler, without consultation with fans, changed the colours to align with the Newcastle Knights colours - red & blue. Red & Blue isn't historically Newcastle colours at all - the Knights used it because some old Newcastle High School used those colours in like the 80s or something. Red&blue is resented by many fans because we just got an email one day that was like "these are our colours now guys, deal with it". 
Lastbroadcast
Lastbroadcast
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Looks like they put the F3 down the middle of the Jets jersey. Or maybe it's the Hunter Expresseay?
kennerado
kennerado
Weekender
Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)Weekender (44 reputation)

That Jets kit actually looks like one of those fake kits you find at the markets.
Waz
Waz
Legend

I think the Jets kit is pretty naff, the biggest problem though is they've decided to stick with colours that have no relevance to the club - why would they do that? Last year they said they takeover occurred too late to change the new seasons kit .... and this year they go with more of the same??
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Can any Jerks members confirm wether or not fans have been asked about the kits?
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

pv4 - 5 Sep 2017 4:41 AM

Newcastle's traditional sporting colours are emerald & cinnamon, as worn by KB United and stretching further back than that.

For the A-League era, Jerks went gold (obv). Until Nathan Tinkler, without consultation with fans, changed the colours to align with the Newcastle Knights colours - red & blue. Red & Blue isn't historically Newcastle colours at all - the Knights used it because some old Newcastle High School used those colours in like the 80s or something. Red&blue is resented by many fans because we just got an email one day that was like "these are our colours now guys, deal with it". 

The Knights were so popular back in the day that people really associate the town with red & blue, which is a shame given the range the other choices provide. Red & blue looks good for the Knights because it is unequivocally representative of them, the Jets not so - in fact when we wore gold I saw much more interest in them from non-football people, it was distinctive, different and looked damn good just like me 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

marconi101 - 5 Sep 2017 6:51 PM

The Knights were so popular back in the day that people really associate the town with red & blue, which is a shame given the range the other choices provide. Red & blue looks good for the Knights because it is unequivocally representative of them, the Jets not so - in fact when we wore gold I saw much more interest in them from non-football people, it was distinctive, different and looked damn good just like me 

Likey?
Related image
pv4
pv4
Legend

The Frenchman - 5 Sep 2017 6:38 PM
Can any Jerks members confirm wether or not fans have been asked about the kits?

Fans were not.

And it's one of my biggest hates of the club, that they basically insist on not asking.

The last time fans were consulted about the kits, 76% of our members voted for the emerald & cinnamon away jersey. 

Shame that they have chosen to drop the obvious agreement from fans that we want e&c. What club can say they have over three quarters of their fans agree on ANYTHING!
Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

So why Red and Blue on the club crest? 
Also, Breakers were Red & Blue.
As for the recent away kits, is there resentment if those colours are referred to as Green & Brown or is it only Emerald & Cinnamon that's considered the real deal? 
Throw in the gold and there's just so many colours, hence my original question. Be good if the club sorted it out and yes, listened to the fans.
pv4
pv4
Legend

Savic - 7 Sep 2017 7:14 PM

So why Red and Blue on the club crest? 
Also, Breakers were Red & Blue.
As for the recent away kits, is there resentment if those colours are referred to as Green & Brown or is it only Emerald & Cinnamon that's considered the real deal? 
Throw in the gold and there's just so many colours, hence my original question. Be good if the club sorted it out and yes, listened to the fans.

Yes, Breakers & United were both red&blue. This is almost definitely a carry-over colour to the Jerks logo. 

From my memory we didn't actually wear the blue in our logo until 2011 anyway. We always used navy instead of royal blue up until then (from what I can recall). Nathan Tinkler bought us + the KNights and wanted us in the same colours, and without any form of consulation just changed it on us.

We do have lots of colours - and I put this down to the club & the town not being a typical franchise but being a club rich with long history. Gold was the OG Jerks colour. E&C is Newcastle's traditional sporting coluors. White/black/red is NNSW colours (the white and black away kit we had in 2011 a tribute to this). The colours that a lot of fans, including myself, identify least with are the Knights red&blue.

With the e&c question - green and brown is fine. It's like saying Sydney FC or Melb City wear light blue, or maybe how there's all those football clubs that wear gold instead of yellow, or claret instead of maroon, whatever egs you can think of. Much of a muchness, no one will hate on you for saying green&brown. But "E&C" just seems nicer to say than "G&B".
Edited
7 Years Ago by pv4
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search