Forum Issues that still need fixing

Forum Issues that still need fixing

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Has noticed the poll function is stuffed as it will give you the option of 10 options but only print the first 5. Also non-mods not being able to change thread titles. Has anyone noticed anything else?

ARNIE= LEGEND

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The date stamp seems to be on Honduras time

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Copy paste for articles still makes articles come out so weird looking

ARNIE= LEGEND

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Is there any way to fix the mobile issue when a news article is copy and pasted on the forum? It doesn't auto resize on any browser and I have to scroll horizontally maybe five screen-widths to read the story and every forum post on the same page. 

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I’m unable to quote posts on mobile :(
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

No one taking any notice of the Forum Issues Thread 

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 17 Jan 2018 1:56 PM
No one taking any notice of the Forum Issues Thread 

Some of us do :(

A reminder to all, that Buggalugs will vouch for, any issues you know a mod can fix (like thread title changing a specific thread) just shoot us a PM. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
pv4 - 17 Jan 2018 3:40 PM

A reminder to all, that Buggalugs will vouch for, any issues you know a mod can fix (like thread title changing a specific thread) just shoot us a PM. 

You and McJules  have fielded many difficult questions that have arisen here.  However, I think it is incumbent on all mods to do the same as you two - not just you and McJules  being responsible for  answering the hard questions. Maybe Stifler's Mom  has  participated to a certain extent too.

Three mods in particular (one might not be current) have over 11 years never responded to anything I've contacted them over, regarding the very occasional issue I've raised with them.

About five of you have on the other hand been very diligent on the very few occasions I've raised issues over 11 years.

Given the new mute button, 442 has made for a much more harmonious place. Sometimes we don't know whether the mods have banned the rare fuckwit who posts on 442, or they are on the mute function. LOL!
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Decentric is probably the only poster on the forum who uses the mute button!!

Nice, for one individual to have the forum tailored to meet his needs!
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

pv4 - 17 Jan 2018 3:40 PM

What I meant was, none of the issues raised here are being fixed,so that's also an issue

Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

The inability to quote on mobile is killing me.
So often I want to reply to something but I just dont bother because it would be confusing wihiut a quote.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Neanderthal - 1 Feb 2018 9:47 AM
The inability to quote on mobile is killing me.So often I want to reply to something but I just dont bother because it would be confusing wihiut a quote.

I have quite a flash Iphone, but still find it limited participating in 442 discussion on it.

If I want to actively participate on 442, I use a desk top.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Man this forum has become a joke.
The world football section is now completely ruined from bots posting dozens of pointless articles at a time.
And you can barely participate when using mobile.

Is anyone ever actually going to fix these issues?
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Neanderthal - 11 Feb 2018 11:16 AM
Man this forum has become a joke.The world football section is now completely ruined from bots posting dozens of pointless articles at a time.And you can barely participate when using mobile.Is anyone ever actually going to fix these issues?

I think Greg O'Rourke is in charge of the Forum

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

By no means an ideal solution, but has anyone tried quoting on their iPhone using a browser other than Safari like Chrome? Quoting seems to be fine on Android so it might be useful for the developers to know if it's a browser specific issue.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Neanderthal - 11 Feb 2018 11:16 AM
Man this forum has become a joke.The world football section is now completely ruined from bots posting dozens of pointless articles at a time.And you can barely participate when using mobile.Is anyone ever actually going to fix these issues?

Edit ::: This so bloody much !
Why so much AF loaded in WF section  ????????? countless AF articles should be IN AF.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

mcjules - 16 Feb 2018 1:06 PM
By no means an ideal solution, but has anyone tried quoting on their iPhone using a browser other than Safari like Chrome? Quoting seems to be fine on Android so it might be useful for the developers to know if it's a browser specific issue.

What developer ?

Nothings ever been changed since the major over haul  ( 2 years ?)

Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro

Where’s the web guy at?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

DNS entries have lapsed now, fourfourtwo doesn't redirect to anything new anymore.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Ultimate
Ultimate
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

I've liked all the integration with insidesport, I'm just waiting for commenting on articles to merge onto the forums again.
Good times
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search