FIFA announces Terms of Reference for Congress Review Working Group

FIFA announces Terms of Reference for Congress Review Working Group

Author
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Paul01 - 9 Apr 2018 4:48 PM
Midfielder - 9 Apr 2018 12:11 PM

Good thing that Northern NSW is not in the state reps. Rumour has it that the leaker during the last debacle was the head of Northern NSW.

It was widely rumoured that it was the head of Capital Football.
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Change will happen with the chosen Feds to the board.

NSW, VIC, WA & SA.... 

Now lets hope they can move quickly to a new and reasonable model.

Change was always going to happen once this last process was set up.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.  FNSW only considered the FFA and clubs options and went with the clubs at the AGM but with an independent person facilitating the process I think they will support a much wider congress membership than either of those two proposals which were totally inadequate.  FFV will also go with a bigger congress in my view.  One of the reasons that it voted down the FFA proposal was that it didn't include adequate representation for women as well as p/r.  Will the clubs accept a wider congress with not much greater influence for them?  I've got my doubts.  I certainly hope the situation doesn't return to how it was traditionally with the elite clubs, NSW and Vic running the show.

As for the structure of football who knows how it will end up.  Independent A-League, Club owned A-League, Independent national NPL/2nd div, A-League and national NPL/2nd div run by the same independent body, pro/rel to be phased in or be brought straight in, none of these?

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Gyfox - 9 Apr 2018 7:30 PM

Change was always going to happen once this last process was set up.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.  FNSW only considered the FFA and clubs options and went with the clubs at the AGM but with an independent person facilitating the process I think they will support a much wider congress membership than either of those two proposals which were totally inadequate.  FFV will also go with a bigger congress in my view.  One of the reasons that it voted down the FFA proposal was that it didn't include adequate representation for women as well as p/r.  Will the clubs accept a wider congress with not much greater influence for them?  I've got my doubts.  I certainly hope the situation doesn't return to how it was traditionally with the elite clubs, NSW and Vic running the show.

As for the structure of football who knows how it will end up.  Independent A-League, Club owned A-League, Independent national NPL/2nd div, A-League and national NPL/2nd div run by the same independent body, pro/rel to be phased in or be brought straight in, none of these?

My guess is and I mean guess is we will hopefully have 8 well qualified folk under the guidance of an excellent mentor .... that this group will develop a governance model that will enable growth and hopefully those elected into the new positions in the new governance model will  have the smarts to decide on the best way forward and guide and lead us and the various civil wars and constant infighting can be a thing of the past.
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Gyfox - 9 Apr 2018 7:11 PM
Paul01 - 9 Apr 2018 4:48 PM

It was widely rumoured that it was the head of Capital Football.

and reported in the press.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ Mid

“..... and the various civil wars and constant infighting can be a thing of the past”

Yeah but nah; the current process is papering over the cracks and the divisions and politicking that Lowy has exploited to his advantage are still there.

The AAFC, AAPFC and to a certain extent the PFA have done well to maintain a consistent and unified front and I’ve said all along that these three need to form an alliance to drive this process forward.

The states themselves are all just basketcases to varying degrees - QLD and SA couldn’t be considered for this due to internal divisions and in-fighting, ACT was ruled out because last time they leaked confidential meeting information and WA only just made or in despite their own issues. It’s not pretty.

I don’t know what the answer is for the states but this process wont fix them. Expect the factions and politics to continue during and after this process - all we can hope is on the far side whatever structure they come up with for Congress results in a need for cooperation and collaboration and no one party can control a block vote.
Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

Midfielder - 10 Apr 2018 4:20 AM
Gyfox - 9 Apr 2018 7:30 PM

My guess is and I mean guess is we will hopefully have 8 well qualified folk under the guidance of an excellent mentor .... that this group will develop a governance model that will enable growth and hopefully those elected into the new positions in the new governance model will  have the smarts to decide on the best way forward and guide and lead us and the various civil wars and constant infighting can be a thing of the past.

Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

I know this is controversial but what about someone involved in the tv industry as the independent chair. Either at governance level or foxsports. We always complain that we need to take football back from tv bit in reality many of the things we want to see happen need backing with tv money. If we could get fox inside with a broader vision for the game (expansion, marques, p/r, div 2, expanded cap etc.). What do you guys think? Too radical?
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Waz

I am talking about 60 years of infighting.... arguably the first tree to four seasons of the NSL & first 7 to 8 years of the A-League we had relative peace... 

Whatever the cause, lets all blame Lowy for everything .... we need a period of clam as however justified claims have been ... we have torn our game apart over the last two years... 

My hope is as I posted out of the process a new board will be elected and they deliver a model we can all get behind.

My fear is we have created such a toxic negativity environment that the new suits who ever and in what ever form they are not supported. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Midfielder - 10 Apr 2018 11:34 AM
Waz

I am talking about 60 years of infighting.... arguably the first tree to four seasons of the NSL & first 7 to 8 years of the A-League we had relative peace... 

Whatever the cause, lets all blame Lowy for everything .... we need a period of clam as however justified claims have been ... we have torn our game apart over the last two years... 

My hope is as I posted out of the process a new board will be elected and they deliver a model we can all get behind.

My fear is we have created such a toxic negativity environment that the new suits who ever and in what ever form they are not supported. 

If every team had access to the top and was fairly compensated for producing talent there would be very little relevant infighting.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

TheSelectFew - 10 Apr 2018 6:05 PM
Midfielder - 10 Apr 2018 11:34 AM

If every team had access to the top and was fairly compensated for producing talent there would be very little relevant infighting.

That idea went out in 1955 .... when a Frank lowy lead group essentially torn apart the then structure because ... hhhmmm ... depending on where you sit, its because the then admins where hopeless and to much based in pre WWII ways and ANGLO ... and the other  side a group of greedy inpatient migrants  who ceased power ... neither is true...

BUT BUT we went away from District Association to clubs owned by an individual or a group... Nothing has changed since except the suits .... 

Football is based out of local club land and we have never had it....

The changes you want are profound and to implement harder that many assume.... the formation of the NPL clubs into their own group of 110 teams IMO has been the best move in Australian Football for years as this is where the answer lies [As they have broken ties with the State feds].... however even they say the earliest they can be ready for P & R is 2024 and thats an aspirational date so more likely further out.

Much more important IMO is establish a non bias system , pathway or whatever name you wish to give it thats shows how to achieve it in a reasonable time.

Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

Midfielder - 10 Apr 2018 7:36 PM
TheSelectFew - 10 Apr 2018 6:05 PM

That idea went out in 1955 .... when a Frank lowy lead group essentially torn apart the then structure because ... hhhmmm ... depending on where you sit, its because the then admins where hopeless and to much based in pre WWII ways and ANGLO ... and the other  side a group of greedy inpatient migrants  who ceased power ... neither is true...

BUT BUT we went away from District Association to clubs owned by an individual or a group... Nothing has changed since except the suits .... 

Football is based out of local club land and we have never had it....

The changes you want are profound and to implement harder that many assume.... the formation of the NPL clubs into their own group of 110 teams IMO has been the best move in Australian Football for years as this is where the answer lies [As they have broken ties with the State feds].... however even they say the earliest they can be ready for P & R is 2024 and thats an aspirational date so more likely further out.

Much more important IMO is establish a non bias system , pathway or whatever name you wish to give it thats shows how to achieve it in a reasonable time.

Has anyone heard who will sit on the panel for the FFA  and who for the PFA?

Clear Contact There

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Strong rumour they’ve struggled to find an independent chair for this, but that they think “they’ve now found her”
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Blew.2 - 7 May 2018 3:19 PM
Midfielder - 10 Apr 2018 7:36 PM

Has anyone heard who will sit on the panel for the FFA  and who for the PFA?

FFA : Nikou

PFA chairman

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Waz - 7 May 2018 4:51 PM
Strong rumour they’ve struggled to find an independent chair for this, but that they think “they’ve now found her”

#WazJoke

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

So am i right to assume nothing is going to happen until after the world cup? 
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 11 May 2018 7:32 AM
So am i right to assume nothing is going to happen until after the world cup? 

Yes. You'd probably also be right to assume to nothing is going to happen.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

tomw - 11 May 2018 8:24 AM
Melbcityguy - 11 May 2018 7:32 AM

Yes. You'd probably also be right to assume to nothing is going to happen.

The corrupt slime at the FFA have been delaying, deflecting, lying & obstructing for three years now.   No need to change a winning strategy considering that the game is going gangbusters.  
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

can they just hurry up and get this done... 

this is going to cost us another fkn sterile season and more loss of support.

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 11 May 2018 1:29 PM
tomw - 11 May 2018 8:24 AM

The corrupt slime at the FFA have been delaying, deflecting, lying & obstructing for three years now. No need to change a winning strategy considering that the game is going gangbusters.    

Bingo. Why change it when his family are the only ones making a profit?
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Might be an announcement after the World Cup and then nothing till after the Asian Cup. That's probably the least "disruptive" timetable...
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

Burztur - 11 May 2018 6:36 PM
Might be an announcement after the World Cup and then nothing till after the Asian Cup. That's probably the least "disruptive" timetable...

Mean while FFA continue lobbing bombs on Phoenix to deflect attention. 

Clear Contact There

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Blew.2 - 12 May 2018 9:54 AM

Mean while FFA continue lobbing bombs on Phoenix to deflect attention. 

and dropping bullshit rumours about iniesta

T1m
T1m
Super Fan
Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)Super Fan (141 reputation)

Decision is due july 31 and passed by egm in September from memory.  interesting to see what fifa do if it's not

Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star

Any update on Chairperson or will FFA continually object to an Independent thinker?

Clear Contact There

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Blew.2 - 13 May 2018 6:38 PM
Any update on Chairperson or will FFA continually object to an Independent thinker?

Been wondering about that myself seems an age as they need to have it finalised by 31 July.
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star

Midfielder - 13 May 2018 8:17 PM

Been wondering about that myself seems an age as they need to have it finalised by 31 July.

You would wonder why the media is not chasing the biggest Football story since the Lowy take over.

Clear Contact There

Waz
Waz
Legend

@ Blew.2

Exactly. Fair to assume that Australian media is happy for a rich Australian billionaire to run things the way he sees fit without interference from some awful foreigners. After all, Australia does corruption better than any foreign country - why do we need FIFAs help??
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star

Waz - 14 May 2018 7:00 AM
@ Blew.2Exactly. Fair to assume that Australian media is happy for a rich Australian billionaire to run things the way he sees fit without interference from some awful foreigners. After all, Australia does corruption better than any foreign country - why do we need FIFAs help??

You would think even FFA (Not Lowy or Gollop) would want to get this tidied up pre-spending millions on The Women's world cup bid. 

Clear Contact There

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

Has the FFA rejected anyone for the role of chair? Have the clubs rejected anyone?  Have the state feds rejected anyone?  Is it possible to find someone that is a football person who has had no previous affiliation with all of them?  I've heard nothing from any source.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

Gyfox - 14 May 2018 9:29 AM

Has the FFA rejected anyone for the role of chair? Have the clubs rejected anyone?  Have the state feds rejected anyone?  Is it possible to find someone that is a football person who has had no previous affiliation with all of them?  I've heard nothing from any source.

it doesnt really matter does it?  they have a deadline to decide and if they dont, then FIFA will appoint someone.  the only issue is how much of a crony the FIFA appointment is.

but considering it's CFG money vs Westfield money, i think the FIFA crony will probably be leaning away from the FFA and towards the bigger pile of cash.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search